Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

picked up a cosmo black 3ds for $74.97 today at the sears in Greensboro, NC. they had one left, but i think the guy working was eyeing it so if you want it better hurry :)

they had multiple copies of skyrim and ME3 for the ps3 also, $9.97 each.

Thanks so much fellow CAGers.  I FINALLY was able to find a clearance 3DS, the cosmo black model, for my daughter.  Picked up the last one in Downey, CA.

Pink big box 3DS for $124.97 and aqua blue big box 3DS for $149.97 in Lake Grove, NY. Surprisingly well marked clearance items, but very small selection. A few games as listed previously in the thread, nothing exciting.

Nothing entirely exciting for now, but :wii: Kirby's Return to Dream Land just entered the cycle at $42.44 at one of my locals, roughly 15% off to start with.

At least I'm pretty sure it's on clearance (didn't end in XX.X7 as usual clearance games though), as that would be a pretty odd sale otherwise.  Should be a good one to watch for either way.

Pink big box 3DS for $124.97 and aqua blue big box 3DS for $149.97 in Lake Grove, NY. Surprisingly well marked clearance items, but very small selection. A few games as listed previously in the thread, nothing exciting.
Did you buy those 3DS' because I didn't see them yesterday? The only good things I found were 2 big box black 3DS for $75.

Is there a regular clearance cycle? Should I be checking weekly? I'd love to grab a 3DS for my brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a regular clearance cycle? Should I be checking weekly? I'd love to grab a 3DS for my brother.
Besides local manager's clearance (which is somewhat random though not as common), Sears has drops at the first or second Friday of the month. Sometimes they've thrown a curveball and its been the last Friday of the month instead, but its always been on Friday, and its only once a month for drops.

Check to see if your store is one of the more vigilant types that actually labels the correct price, as those stores run out of the good deals pretty much on that same weekend of drops.

Thanks. Also, is there anyway to check prices of glass case items independent of flagging an associate down? It'd be great if it were like Target where you could punch in a DPCI on one of their kiosks.

Thanks. Also, is there anyway to check prices of glass case items independent of flagging an associate down? It'd be great if it were like Target where you could punch in a DPCI on one of their kiosks.
Best way is to create your own UPC scan sheet by getting the UPC code off the package (or online, such as from half.com), and then generating a printable UPC code from upcdatabase.com. Their price check scanners should work as normal from there.

Found a Pink 3DS for 124.97 at the Volusia Mall location (Daytona Beach, FL). Had to convince myself not to buy it, but I already have a new and sealed Midnight Purple 3DS I need to sell.

Heads up the pink 3ds systems are now $99.97 if you can find one. I picked up the 3DS and a copy of Mass Effect 3 on PS for $4.97. Skyrim on 360 went down to $19.97 (was hoping today it would be the same as PS3  few months back at 9.97)

also saw the pink 3ds at 99.97 in stroudsburg PA.  they had one right out front and about 3 more in another case on the other side.  Tried to convince the wife but she wouldnt get it.  oh well.

This got me thinking about checking out my Sears again. Last time I went I pretty much cleared it out as no tags were ever updated and they never do. I'll have to see what else has dropped...

Ended up going today:

Picked Up 3 PS Vita Card Cases for .97 each, Action Replay DSi for 4.97, and a Teal colored DSi Bag for 2.97.

The game section is getting pretty bleak and depressing. Hopefully the remaining items will trickle into clearance.

also saw the pink 3ds at 99.97 in stroudsburg PA. they had one right out front and about 3 more in another case on the other side. Tried to convince the wife but she wouldnt get it. oh well.
The other three were the smaller box version 3DS systems, as I was at this store earlier today. Those had zero tags indicating they were clearanced. Going by the fact that we've seen the big box version Cosmo Black and I believe Red 3DS systems go clearance prior to this, I'm guessing that's the versions that will clearance out for now.

Grabbed the last ME3 for PS3 at $4.97.  Seems they gave up tagging any clearance, which I really like :bouncy:   Plenty of other games but nothing mentioned here.  I wish Super Mario Wii would drop from $50.   Thanks for the info everyone!

Edit:  I almost forgot, the Super Mario Wii bundle was marked $109 clearance, nowhere near the price I would jump on but worth watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the last ME3 for PS3 at $4.97. Seems they gave up tagging any clearance, which I really like :bouncy: Plenty of other games but nothing mentioned here. I wish Super Mario Wii would drop from $50. Thanks for the info everyone!

Edit: I almost forgot, the Super Mario Wii bundle was marked $109 clearance, nowhere near the price I would jump on but worth watching.
I might just buy a Wii for the 4th time if it drops low enough.

Labelled clearance prices at the Deptford, NJ store--1-3 copies of each left.

:360:

Skyrim $19.97
Max Payne 3 $14.97
Halo Anniversary $14.97

:ps3:
Uncharted 3 $4.97
Mass Effect 3 $4.97

Vita:
Modnation Racers $4.97
Card case $0.97

I forget. What Wii bundle is in an all black box? The people at one of my Sears stores would not take one out of the case to check for me. I think it's the Wii Resort one, but I'm not 100% sure.

They also had a 360 bundle with Carnival Games and I think Kinect Adventures with the price label for clearance hidden and again, they would NOT take it out of the case to check.

The only thing they would check for me was MNR for Vita and that was indeed $5. They had 3 copies there.

I was in Erie, PA over the weekend and at the Sears in the Millcreek Mall I saw a big box Aqua Blue 3DS for $149.97. I don't know what the actual price was as I already have a 3DS and didn't want to ask them to price check. So if someone else wants this its up for grabs.

Why would they refuse to price check?
Because they are lazy pricks.

The Sears I've picked up all of my deals at, I just take the item over to a price check kiosk and check it myself. If I am interested in something from the case, I typically have to ask an employee that either a) Watching YouTube videos on the store computer or b) Sitting down watching TV. In most situations they just say the price that is labeled (like I can't read..) when I ask without even opening the case to check. Once I insist, and the price is actually cheaper they act all surprised. Is it too much to ask for employees to do their job? On the other side of it all, the fact that they don't their jobs has resulted in clearance not getting priced and me getting in on some great deals.

Because they are lazy pricks.

The Sears I've picked up all of my deals at, I just take the item over to a price check kiosk and check it myself. If I am interested in something from the case, I typically have to ask an employee that either a) Watching YouTube videos on the store computer or b) Sitting down watching TV. In most situations they just say the price that is labeled (like I can't read..) when I ask without even opening the case to check. Once I insist, and the price is actually cheaper they act all surprised. Is it too much to ask for employees to do their job? On the other side of it all, the fact that they don't their jobs has resulted in clearance not getting priced and me getting in on some great deals.
Maybe they simply forgot how to do their job. Like I've never seen someone in the electronics section, so maybe months / years of wasting space caught up to them.

Maybe they simply forgot how to do their job. Like I've never seen someone in the electronics section, so maybe months / years of wasting space caught up to them.
Went yesterday and saw Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim. Nobody in the department. Walked around assuming someone from an adjacent department would come over and see if I needed help. Nope. After 5 minutes I went over to the washing machine area and flagged someone down. I told him I wanted some games. He said, "No the guy went home." WTF

My Sears has been a wasteland for most of the year.  It used to be a great place to get cheap clearance stuff but they pulled all their inventory that was older and now all they have is newer stuff.  I guess those will eventually be clearanced unless they pull them and send them to Kmart or something.  But my Kmart is getting closed soon...

Why would they refuse to price check?
Because they work on commission and don't get paid very much for selling games for $5 to people apparently. Funny thing is I work for that store and the one guy in electronics is nice and friendly. But the other two shmucks working with him are lazy assholes and the one younger guy in particular is an ignorant/arrogant prick.

That's also why the appliance people likely didn't want to come over to help another poster, since they were afraid they would miss out on their chance to pounce on some unsuspecting shlep to shill for a credit card app, to make sure they're signed up for Shop Your Way Rewards or if they get a sale to hound the people for a protection plan. For SHC corporate it's all about the numbers. If you're not producing, you're not even getting hours.

Last edited:
I saw similar today to what deadtrees saw, except no modnation or uncharted.

The PS3 Bluetooth is still holding strong at $10 for the 3rd month or so, and the 360 wireless headset is at $20.

PSV charge cable is still $3.

Shit sales at my Sears.

:360: ME3-$5

:psp: Modnation Racers - $5

:360: Halo Anniversary Edition - $15

:wii: Just Dance 4 - $15

And an Xbox for $250. Totally on sale... *sigh*

bread's done
Back