Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Those stickered games generally do seem to be frozen in time. At one point that $15 price point was hot, but then when the original UPC gets clearenced, the $15 UPC is just stuck sitting there. I've seen this on a bunch of games.

The one exception I think i've seen is Singstar 2 for PS3. I'm guessing that the 2.97 price people were reporting was on the games that had the green $15 stickers and differenct UPC. It seemed like the $60 (original) UPC was marked down to $15 and the $15 (Stickered) UPC was marked down to 2.97.

Just a heads up, it'll be April next week, so there's a possibility of new markdowns next Friday, 2nd. I don't know if Sears waits for the first "full" week to do markdowns though(?)

Just went to the Sears in Stuart, FL. Ya it's pretty bad, hardly any customers and no clearance aisle. There were two guys at the electronics section and I was holding games (Wolfenstein, Dirt 2, WET, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 :ps3:) and didn't even ask me if I needed it help. Well, I just went to the price checker and all came out to $19.97, two copies of NGS2 left btw. Are these games going to drop further if no1 buys them or will there be different ones in April? Either is fine with me.

[quote name='Leisser-Kaiser'] Are these games going to drop further if no1 buys them or will there be different ones in April? Either is fine with me.[/QUOTE]

The games will most likely drop to $14.97 or maybe even $9.97 next month. You can do a return and rebuy to get the price difference back if you get a lax employee to do it for you.

[quote name='josh62488']if someone can confirm the next drop is April 2nd or the 9th?[/QUOTE]

I doubt that anyone, even the Sears employees, actually know yet. Usually that info doesn't come through to the stores until a few days before it happens at most.

The stickered games in some cases have different UPC's like my Narnia DS game that I got for 1.97 did not have the same barcode as other DS games. Its not a universal UPC across all DS games.

Went to the Sears in Santa Monica, CA the other day and it looks like they just setup all of the clearance items. They had a hell of a lot more PS3 games then they did a few weeks prior.

They had 2 copies of Fallout 3 GOTY PS3 for 20 bucks (I ganked one of them)
They also had Elder Scrolls 4, GOTY and GH.
Saints Row 2, Bioshock 1, Mirror's Edge, Red Faction... and a bunch of other games that escapes me. It was decently stocked when I was there. Had at least 5 or 6 copies of most of the games.

[quote name='cthomer5000']

The one exception I think i've seen is Singstar 2 for PS3. I'm guessing that the 2.97 price people were reporting was on the games that had the green $15 stickers and differenct UPC. It seemed like the $60 (original) UPC was marked down to $15 and the $15 (Stickered) UPC was marked down to 2.97.[/QUOTE]

Naw...the ones I got had no green or promo pricing sticker. One said 14.97 the other 59.99. Both UPCs on the box rang up 2.97.

[quote name='knightsdwn']The games will most likely drop to $14.97 or maybe even $9.97 next month. You can do a return and rebuy to get the price difference back if you get a lax employee to do it for you.[/QUOTE]

I for one would try doing this. Everything except for one thing from my last haul is still in plastic. Unfortunately I seems to have lost the fuck receipt. I just hope when I open the rest I don't find CD-Rs.:headache:

its possible on the 2nd that we might see the drop. we cant tell for sure until our informants tells us so. i was hoping the 9th though.

Id guess the 2nd as well. if its a first friday thing I suppose. Should be a good drop as lots of 14.97 stuff could become $5 shovelware.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Id guess the 2nd as well. if its a first friday thing I suppose. Should be a good drop as lots of 14.97 stuff could become $5 shovelware.[/QUOTE]I don't know. A lot of 19.97 and 14.97 stuff only dropped 5.00 last drop.

Darn, I was hoping for the drop on the 2nd since there are a few games I am watching that they are down to the last copies of. Hopefully the $19.97 stuff will drop to $9.97.

I've tried to buy a copy of Lips at my local Sears for almost 6 months now, and it always rings up as full price ($49.99).
It's stored in their clearance section, but it never rings up as clearance.
I've left messages for two managers asking to buy it at a reduced cost, but they don't call me back.

Can anyone guess what's going on with my store?
Is there any way to get them to update their systems or something so they can sell this product that's been on their shelves for over a year and a half?

TIA

I just got back from Sears. It had Zelda: Twilight Princess "on clearance" for $34.99. That game came out in 2006. I was kind of pissed about the shitty deals they had.

boo I was hoping for cheap ass games b4 I see CLash of the Titans friday

o well...this willl save me a trip friday

any idea on what is dropping in price?

[quote name='reapersaurus']I've tried to buy a copy of Lips at my local Sears for almost 6 months now, and it always rings up as full price ($49.99).
I've left messages for two managers asking to buy it at a reduced cost, but they don't call me back.

Is there any way to get them to update their systems or something so they can sell this product that's been on their shelves for over a year and a half?

TIA[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? You left messages about buying it at a reduced cost? The price drops are YMMV, they don't happen have to happen at the same time, and not every game drops at every store. Never call, and never draw attention to the clearance...ugh :roll:

[quote name='typical guy']I just got back from Sears. It had Zelda: Twilight Princess "on clearance" for $34.99. That game came out in 2006. I was kind of pissed about the shitty deals they had.[/QUOTE]
Ya in all honesty that's how the Sears were around here for the longest time on ALL games. I'm so glad that changed, since I honestly (thanks to CAG) got 2 great deals @ Sears. My local Sears' are always quite empty so if the the current $19.97 games are dropping further that'd be great, since most Sears' here have a couple of copies of each. Would really like to get Dirt 2 for less than $20.

[quote name='reapersaurus']I've tried to buy a copy of Lips at my local Sears for almost 6 months now, and it always rings up as full price ($49.99).

TIA[/QUOTE]

How many Sears are in your area? The one near my house was the same way, then I found one closer to work that was out of stock but the price was $4.97. I bought it from the expensive store, then did a return-rebuy at the good store a few days later, no problem. YMMV.

[quote name='typical guy']I just got back from Sears. It had Zelda: Twilight Princess "on clearance" for $34.99. That game came out in 2006. I was kind of pissed about the shitty deals they had.[/QUOTE]

Why would you get pissed at a store for not having the deals that you want?

That's about as silly as getting pissed about some dude posting something dumb on the internet.

... oh wait...

damn

TIA[/QUOTE]

LIPS seems to be one of the most YMMV of the markdowns.

Ive been 7-8 sears over the last couple months. Only 2 stores had the Lips bundle ring up fro 4.97. As someone else mentioned. Return/Rebuy is a good thing to try (youll have to find a sears where its 4.97 in the system). Its and odd one cause its either 4.97 or 49.99. No inbetween.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I don't know. A lot of 19.97 and 14.97 stuff only dropped 5.00 last drop.[/QUOTE]

This isnt entirely true. I found a few things that had Feb 14.97 stickers ring up at 4.97 or even 2.97. Same with 19.97 ring up 9.97.

The morale of the story is if the sticker says last month, its worth it to scan.

TIA[/QUOTE]
:lol: Seriously? How would you approach this if you were a manager and had someone bugging you that they wanted to buy stuff but 'only if it's at a cheaper price'.

Sears is NOT a flea market and is NOT Craigslist. You can't 'haggle' till you get the price you want most times, though I shouldn't really say that since I haggled a bit till I got the 10% shopworn discount on my LCD monitor from Target.

But still....bringing attention to clearance and having a hissy fit since it's not at the price you want it to be and harassing a manager over it=:roll:

A true CAG would run around till he finds a store with the cheaper prices and then return/rebuy after buying at a higher priced store.
[quote name='sittinghawk3']anyone willing to get a copy of fallout 3 goty for me? pm plz if you are[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3? I have a few.;)

TIA[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you haven't noticed the big YMMV posted on almost everything in this thread.

Leaving messages is a little crazy. I think they'll be sure to not reduce it, especially now that you're asking.

Checked out my local Sears today, they seem to have added some new stuff. And by new stuff, I mean old stuff. I found :360: Stranglehold with a UPC sticker ringing up at $15. I was tempted to tear it off, but there was too many people around and I honestly don't care enough about the game to get another copy (got one back at the $5 price point at Kmart). It might be worth it to print a UPC for it and see if it's like $1 or something. Other than that, I didn't see too much low priced clearance. I saw :360: Dirt 2 and :ps3: Bakugan Battle Brawlers for $19.97. I scanned Prince of Persia and Brutal Legend being hopeful, but they're both at the $20 sale point (which isn't bad, but I just don't feel like shelling out).

Also, has anyone else seen those $30 bundles they made of old clearance? The only one I can remember off the top off my head is Untold Legends and Bionic Commando, but there are more.

Could somebody with a better memory than mine answer this:

When Sears drops their clearance games, do $19.97 games typically drop to $14.97 or $9.97?

I have somebody who wants to trade for a game I picked up on clearance. If it's a $10 drop, I'll wait until 4/9. If it's a $5 drop, I'll probably do it now. Thanks.

Checked an out of the way sears and they had the EoJ bundle which rang up at 55.xx and halo wars LE for 59.xx and original lips rang up 59.xx. I though tI was giong to score for sure.

[quote name='Gbear09']Checked an out of the way sears and they had the EoJ bundle which rang up at 55.xx[/QUOTE]
what?! really? those should have been $1.97 by now.. i think the last time someone reported finding it was december or january.

I scored a copy of Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds:ps3: and an original Lips:360: bundle today for $10.54 total.

They still had a copy of HSG: OOB as well as 2 copies of Fallout 3 GOTY:ps3: and 4-5 Singstar Vol. 2:ps3: bundles when I was leaving.

I didn't really notice anything else on clearance at this store though.

I need to check the local Sears around here...

I have been to several from Fayetteville, NC to Bethesda, MD (including almost every store along I-95) and have yet to find :ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY...I will not give up!

went to sear and nothing on good . i did found HULK for ps3 but it was Out of system... the CSR was running around like a head chicken because he didnt know what to do.

[quote name='NipPicker']went to sear and nothing on good . i did found HULK for ps3 but it was Out of system... the CSR was running around like a head chicken because he didnt know what to do.[/QUOTE]

Question for people who have bougth games that ring up out of system

how did u get the clerk to sell it to you?

theres been a couple games that had the "zero value" sticker on them that I wanted, but the clerk wouldn't sell them

I guess it's YMMV

just didn't know if yall told them something that convinced them to sell it to you

went to sears yesterday lakeside mall in michigan

had pretty good games like motorstorm pacific rift for 20 GH metallica for xbox 360 for 20 and what not i like the clearance sticker now it shows the month when it changed. So like motorstorm says March 66% off from 59.99

[quote name='josh62488']Question for people who have bougth games that ring up out of system

how did u get the clerk to sell it to you?

theres been a couple games that had the "zero value" sticker on them that I wanted, but the clerk wouldn't sell them

I guess it's YMMV

just didn't know if yall told them something that convinced them to sell it to you[/QUOTE]
theres a few things i have done in the past to get them to sell these games to me

bring another clearance item with it. if you have a set price on how much you want to pay for it, even if you dont like the game, say Ben 10 for the DS for $1.97, bring it along with the game thats out of the system. people who DO know how to handle it (deal blockers) will probably say "OH WE HAVE TO SEND THIS ONE TO THE WAREHOUSE.." or some bullshit like that. some employees actually read what it says on the screen (it should say something like CHECK LABEL or SHELF FOR PRICING) and go by what the other game's price. so thats why its always best to use a cheaper game to go along with it.

IF by any means the game does have a price, sometimes they would say "It's this price". i usually pass on those games unless they're $4.97 or less.

if theres no other games to match the price with, just try your luck and say you found it on their clearance bin.

theres alot of best practices out there im sure someone else might be willing to share. but this is probably my best one since i usually get it 7 out of 10. goodluck.

[quote name='msriflegirl']I have been to several from Fayetteville, NC to Bethesda, MD (including almost every store along I-95) and have yet to find :ps3: Fallout 3 GOTY...I will not give up![/QUOTE]

Damn. For the amount of time and gas you're spending on that quest, you could probably just buy a copy somewhere else and actually save money. :lol:

[quote name='arcane93']Damn. For the amount of time and gas you're spending on that quest, you could probably just buy a copy somewhere else and actually save money. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The thrill of the hunt is half the fun, for me at least.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']The thrill of the hunt is half the fun, for me at least.[/QUOTE]

Unless you mean its worth driving over 300 miles from Fayetteville NC to Bethesda MD and spending prob at least $40 on gas in order to find a clearance game for $20 that is $60 new, he was directing his comment at someone else.

There is the thrill of the hunt and the insanity of bargain shopping/hoarding.

bread's done
Back