Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='josh62488']Went to sears and saw something odd...

the only two copies of Mercury Meltdown Revolution had a special barcode sticker on the back over the shrink wrap covering the original barcode and another sticker on the top that said "14.99".

When I tried to scan it ...it came up as "Wii, Outpost game..14.99"

I found some other games that had similar stickers placed over the back barcodes and they rang up the game way...

thought about peeling off the sticker and scanning to original barcode to see if it would ring up .97 but I didn't want things to get awkward if I got caught doing it.[/QUOTE]

I saw this too, and was wondering why the sudden jump in price. I didn't notice the sticker over the barcode that lumped it into a generic price range. That's super lame, Sears.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I saw this too, and was wondering why the sudden jump in price. I didn't notice the sticker over the barcode that lumped it into a generic price range. That's super lame, Sears.[/QUOTE]

Last time I was at my Sears, they had two Mercury Meltdowns. One with the regular barcode and one with the sticker over it. As mentioned above, the stickered one was 15 bucks and the one without the sticker was 97 cents. I've noticed a variety of games at Sears with these barcode stickers. They're going to have a hell of a time getting rid of that inventory if they couldn't sell the regular copies until they hit one dollar. Of course, I've been to Kmart's that have Gameboy Advance games on sale for $15-$20 so I suppose they have no problem holding onto stuff for 10-20 years.

Finally found a Sears with an organized clearance section. Had a ton of overpriced games. (ie Ratchet & Clank ps2 $19.99) but I did manage to find Mirrors Edge $6.97 Gears of War Refresh Edition $13.97 and Orange Box $13.97.

The games with the UPC sticker are considered different inventory and came in the store in a prepackaged display with a bunch of other value games. The ones without the UPC sticker are older stock.

Hopefully there is a drop on Friday

[quote name='YoshiFan1']
Hopefully there is a drop on Friday[/QUOTE]

Chances are there won't be because it will be the 1st of the month (before the 4th), so expect to wait until the 8th for everything to go down another $1 and nothing new to be added to clearance until March 2012 if everything stays the same.

Grrrrrrr, Google is showing a Professor Layton and the Curious Village for $15 at my store and cannot find it! Of course my store still has a bunch of games in the case, DOUBLE stacked in front of each other with GPS's blocking them too.

It's either that or Phantom Hourglass but I'm playing through OoT right now so I'd rather get something besides another Zelda.

Maybe I'll go back, I just really dislike most Sears employees so I tend to avoid them...guess I'll have to suck it up and ask.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The games with the UPC sticker are considered different inventory and came in the store in a prepackaged display with a bunch of other value games. The ones without the UPC sticker are older stock.

Hopefully there is a drop on Friday[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Those games, even though they are the same, were bought by Sears at separate times. People seem to think that Sears employees go around and place new bar codes on games they feel are priced to low. If they wanted to do that they would just change the price in the store's inventory system.

Found a new copy of Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for $7.97. That was our first good find since Punch Out for the Wii for less than $15. Our Sears clearance used to be organized games, but is now a giant bin for rooting through.

Is it always the first Friday of the month? I was planning on visiting this Friday coincidentally. Would help if the prices drop that same day :)

[quote name='imacgod']Is it always the first Friday of the month? I was planning on visiting this Friday coincidentally. Would help if the prices drop that same day :)[/QUOTE]

Kind of hard to word, but its usually the Friday where there is an entire week of days in the same month. Since Friday 7/1 had June days in the same week, there was no drop. This week is the first week of all July days, so the drop will be this Friday.

I work this Friday, so I'll see if anything crops up at our store.

And to those discouraged by the tags not matching reported clearance prices, I highly recommend you take them to a price checker/associate to be scanned if you haven't already. I'm aware that there tends to be some discrepancies between stores, but one thing in particular I've noticed is that associates aren't taking the time to update the tags on these games from past markdowns.

Anyway, here's hoping. >_>

[quote name='Firecrest']I work this Friday, so I'll see if anything crops up at our store.

And to those discouraged by the tags not matching reported clearance prices, I highly recommend you take them to a price checker/associate to be scanned if you haven't already. I'm aware that there tends to be some discrepancies between stores, but one thing in particular I've noticed is that associates aren't taking the time to update the tags on these games from past markdowns.

Anyway, here's hoping. >_>[/QUOTE]

People are talking about the games with a sticker over the upc with another upc (on the sticker) making it not ring up at clearance price. I've seen it before a year or 2 ago.

I saw plenty of JUL stickers yesterday, but it was all new stuff, mostly crap DS games at $15. The stuff from the last few months didn't seem to have changed, but I didn't really have time to get price checks.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']People are talking about the games with a sticker over the upc with another upc (on the sticker) making it not ring up at clearance price. I've seen it before a year or 2 ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those suck. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot associates can do in that case unless they have the authority to remove the stickers themselves.

As for Friday's update, there aren't too many notable additions aside from some markdowns on current clearance titles. Seems like they're really pushing to get these out the door.

[quote name='Firecrest']
As for Friday's update, there aren't too many notable additions aside from some markdowns on current clearance titles. Seems like they're really pushing to get these out the door.[/QUOTE]
Good! There were quite a few clearance games last time I was in Sears that I told myself I would buy "if they just drop one more time".
Let's see what Friday brings.

Interesting note, I was returning Wii Punchout that I had bought for $13.97 (I got a cheaper used version at Blockbuster's sale this weekend) and as I was waiting in line, I scanned the upc of the game for the heck of it and it was showing up as $49.99. My receipt showed the clearance price I paid $13.97 so maybe this was because I was at a different store from where I purchased it? I bought it in Waterbury, CT and returned it at the Danbury CT Sears B&M.

[quote name='Firecrest']As for Friday's update, there aren't too many notable additions aside from some markdowns on current clearance titles. Seems like they're really pushing to get these out the door.[/QUOTE]

Fine by me. I saw quite a few things that would be a buy with a price drop. I'll also have to check out the Sears at the mall and check out their selection.

Thanks for the info as always.

According to Google shopping and the random clearance games I just checked there are no price drops yet to report. Maybe tomorrow...

[quote name='Firecrest']Price drops are effective starting Friday. I'll have the updated list posted then.[/QUOTE]

Woot! You the man!

[quote name='bgame2']This will finally be the month I pick up Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection.[/QUOTE]

$12.97 not cheap enough for you? A true cheapass ;)

Jeez, no kidding! I just found one the other day at an out of town Wal-Mart; I was ecstatic to get it for $15! (probably would have only gone as much as $25-30 anyway, since it's just going on a shelf).

[quote name='borg20001']Interesting note, I was returning Wii Punchout that I had bought for $13.97 (I got a cheaper used version at Blockbuster's sale this weekend) and as I was waiting in line, I scanned the upc of the game for the heck of it and it was showing up as $49.99. My receipt showed the clearance price I paid $13.97 so maybe this was because I was at a different store from where I purchased it? I bought it in Waterbury, CT and returned it at the Danbury CT Sears B&M.[/QUOTE]

Something similar happened to me at Gamestop. I'm actually still confused as to the logic behind it buy it got $10 free so I'm not complaining. I bought a couple games online and had to exchange them in-store since they were scratched up and not working.

Well the employee said that was a $10 difference because the games are now on sale... I was like what, I bought them when they were on sale too, this is just a straight exchange anyway. Obviously I was assuming he was trying to get me to PAY the difference. He said nope, you GET $10 back. I tried to explain one more time I had bought them for the same price anyway, and either way it's JUST an exchange...I'm literally just swapping out the disc. He insisted I got $10 so I didn't argue it further.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey is secret agent clank and daxter for psp on clearance by any chance ?[/QUOTE]
Check your local Sears with http://www.google.com/prdhp?hl=en&tab=ff
Mine ran out of stock on Secret Agent Clank before any clearance could occur, it shows OOS at $19.99. My Sears currently has stock on Daxter at $19.99. My recommendation: pick up the dual pack, since you get both games for $15 msrp. They're both good games, and well worth the $7.50 each.

[quote name='JKSonic']Something similar happened to me at Gamestop. I'm actually still confused as to the logic behind it buy it got $10 free so I'm not complaining. I bought a couple games online and had to exchange them in-store since they were scratched up and not working.

Well the employee said that was a $10 difference because the games are now on sale... I was like what, I bought them when they were on sale too, this is just a straight exchange anyway. Obviously I was assuming he was trying to get me to PAY the difference. He said nope, you GET $10 back. I tried to explain one more time I had bought them for the same price anyway, and either way it's JUST an exchange...I'm literally just swapping out the disc. He insisted I got $10 so I didn't argue it further.[/QUOTE]

That's nice that you got a $10 bonus at their insistence. I thought the girl at Sears was going to do something like that because when she scanned my returned game upc she looked at the register readout with a confused look and then looked at my receipt twice. I was hoping, oh maybe she'll refund me $49.99 instead of my $13.97 but such was not the case.

When I do a google search for Punch Out for Wii around Danbury, I get it showing up at the Sears I returned it to in Limited Stock and at $49.99 but at other nearby Sears, it shows Out of Stock but the price is $13.97. So this Sears in Danbury must have moved on with their clearance pricing I guess.

Funny it shows up at my local Blockbuster with Limited Stock at $14.99 price (but I already bought it from there during the 4th of July sale so I think that listing is not up to date).

My store is out of most of their clearance bin since they actually dropped the prices. I'm hoping Phantom Hourglass is still there and it dropped. I have about $12 in SYWR so if it drops to $10 I'd get it for free.

picked up 2 x Mercury Meltdown Revolution for Wii for $.97 each yesterday. Also had Twilight Princess (non greatest hits version) there for $12.97 but I passed on that. The kid had a confused look on his face when he scanned them and came up at that price on the first game. He scanned the other one and it came up at $14.97. He then overrode both games to $4.97, the clearance price on the first cover. When I asked him about the $.97 scan, he then just voided the sale, and scanned the first game at $.97 twice. Oh yeah, found Patapon 2 also for $.97

I got:
ratchet and clank a crack in time for 5.97
Prof Layton and curious village for 5.97
Dragon quest 4 for 5.97
Zelda and the phantom hour glass for 7.97
There was a bunch of other stuff that came down in price that I passed on including dRk void that is 3.97 but that game is garbage so it is still too high

[quote name='Blaster man']I got:
Dragon quest 4 for 5.97
There was a bunch of other stuff that came down in price that I passed on including dRk void that is 3.97 but that game is garbage so it is still too high[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a pretty good day.

[quote name='Blaster man']I got:
Dragon quest 4 for 5.97
There was a bunch of other stuff that came down in price that I passed on including dRk void that is 3.97 but that game is garbage so it is still too high[/QUOTE]

Nice!

I picked up:

Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time for $5.97
Mirrors Edge for $3.97

Brutal Legend was $1.97, but I got it for $3.97 last month.

[quote name='snowmint']My google shopping says that my prices stayed the same. Can't win them all huh.[/QUOTE]

Hey, google shopping still shows 3.97 at my store but in store it scans as 1.97 so google shopping probably didnt update yet. Go get it if you want it. I didn't buy it because I beat it a year ago when I got it on clearance at target for five bucks. Plus the employee that was scanning games for me is a 20 something gamer and told me he never played it so I left it there for him.

[quote name='snowmint']My google shopping says that my prices stayed the same. Can't win them all huh.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but how do you use Google shopping to see the price of an item at your local Sears? I often have problems finding people in the video game section, so it'd be a lot easier if I can just find the price before I head out :D

My haul for the day
PS3
Socom Bundle - 9.97
Prototype - 5.97
Wii
Fire Emblem x 2 - 9.97
Zelda TP - 9.97

Very happy with the haul, may have to go back and try to find Ratchet & Clank

[quote name='akalboy']Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but how do you use Google shopping to see the price of an item at your local Sears? I often have problems finding people in the video game section, so it'd be a lot easier if I can just find the price before I head out :D[/QUOTE]

Google Products
Use that link. Search the game you're looking for and select it from the list. Select "Nearby Stores" at the top and that should give you a list of store locations and prices.

[quote name='ackbar7']My haul for the day
PS3
Socom Bundle - 9.97
Prototype - 5.97
Wii
Fire Emblem x 2 - 9.97
Zelda TP - 9.97

Very happy with the haul, may have to go back and try to find Ratchet & Clank[/QUOTE]

Great find on the socom bundle.

I picked up dragon quest 4 and zelda tp. I got the zelda tp with the regular art box and not the red select. I dont like the red select new cover art.
Maybe if they also changed the art and box.

i never played dragon quest before. (i know its part of dragon warrior from the nes, but havent heard of the others) Anyone know if dragon quest 4 is worth to keep?

Holy crap did I have a weird day at my usual Sears. Today they actually had their employees working in the electronic's department. I noticed the tags weren't labeled for July, so I walked back and forth to the price scanner to double check prices. Nothing of interest (to me anyway) dropped.

Now for the weird stuff... I decided to try asking one of the workers since they were actually working today. I chose the wrong guy to talk to. He scanned the prices of some of the games I was looking at. I thanked him for his help and dropped to leave, but then he wants to converse about some games since he actually is a gamer. Fine. But he held me up for like an hour just yapping away about each game on the shelf! Now, I know, I could've said something and left, but this guy is one of those people that just does the talking for everyone and doesn't really hear what other people say. Like I interrupted him to say something or reply to something he said, but he would just talk right over me. Basically he spent an hour trying to sell games to me. Unfortunately he is a fellow gamer and mentioned he's been looking at the clearance pries himself.

And on that note, if any of you have great suggestions about how to exit a conversation with a guy like that, I'm all ears.

from Laguna Hills mall Sears:
Rock Band PSP 3.97
Brutal Legend 1.97
Prototype 5.97

All stuff I saw last time, saved about $7 waiting for the next drop. Take it where you get it, I suppose.
Anyone interested in Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time, there is one left.
Having nearly finished that game, I can tell you it's worth every penny.

bread's done
Back