Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Wow, my Sear's is pulling some shady shit for Black Friday. For about 2 weeks, Modern Warfare 3 for the Wii was on sale for 9.97, along with a few other games. Go to the store today to grab a copy only to see they stealthily removed all the clearance stickers from each title, and jacked up the price back to retail.

Sadly, that's normal for most stores. What's even sadder is that it often works really well and many stores manage to sell items for even more than usual. Normally sell something for $10, mark it up to $20 for a week or two, put it on sale for $15, and watch the uninformed masses hand over their money.

That kind of thing is fairly common for Black Friday the last few years. TRU did it with Uncharted last year or the year before. It's just an oversight that when a game is provided a BF deal by the manufacturer the retailer already happened to have it on clearance. Does suck though if you are waiting on a drop.

I guess I'm done with Sears now. The two easily accessible Sears near me have both had their clearance items wiped out. The first store definitely had a 75% off sale one weekend and all but a handful of more expensive clearance items were sold. The leftovers weren't put out on the 75% off table apparently. At the other store, the handful of clearance items left were on a clearance table with a sign stating up to 75% off, prices as marked. I don't know if that just caused a flood of common customers to purchase or they had a sale before I was there too. All that was left of interest was a 360 Green Day Rock Band and a DS Disney Club Penguin game for the kids, but I couldn't get a price check to see if there was a sale going on because some guy was having a bitchfest with the only electronics employee about his warranty and there are no scanners at the store.

[quote name='jdawgg76']some guy was having a bitchfest with the only electronics employee about his warranty and there are no scanners at the store.[/QUOTE]
Funny, the very same thing was happening when I went to the register to have some games scanned last time. But in this case, it was a woman and the employee called someone else over to help out.

Couple 11/30 markdowns today. Normally first Friday of month so probably ymmv.

All of the Wii controllers and nunchuks started a clearance cycle at my Sears. Only 34.97 on some but good for a couple months down the road hopefully.

Although its probably worth checking for one of these:

Sony DVDirect VRD-MC6 Multifunction DVD Recorder - Sears number 03-53984 - $49.97

They are selling for roughly 200-220 on Ebay so its a good deal. They are actually pretty cool if you look it up on google. Transfer all types of video or files to DVD. It has a little screen to for editing.

And the Nexus 7" 16gb tablets are 189.97. Also not bad for a droid tab.

The only things worth paying attention to at my store are the point and subscription cards, and those will probably never go on clearance.

Might look for that dvd recorder, though...

[quote name='shieryda']The only things worth paying attention to at my store are the point and subscription cards, and those will probably never go on clearance.

Might look for that dvd recorder, though...[/QUOTE]

i got one like 5 years or maybe 7 years back for FREE using mcdonald monopoly coupons .... I maybe used it 3 times and now it sits in my basement ...

i think i paid around 200 or 300 for it

[quote name='Blaster man']Just checked google shopping, my Sears still has stuff in stock. No price drops yet.[/QUOTE]
Google shopping may take a day or two to update, going to check tonight to see if there was anything else worth mentioning.

[quote name='slidecage']i got one like 5 years or maybe 7 years back for FREE using mcdonald monopoly coupons .... I maybe used it 3 times and now it sits in my basement ...

i think i paid around 200 or 300 for it[/QUOTE]

DVD recorders won't let you do anything with commercial tapes due to macrovision which makes them effectively useless. Most people have a DVR that came with their TV subscription for this purpose.

I have a panasonic DVD recorder that I got from my uncle for free which is really awesome since I don't have a cable service that comes with a DVR. The only problem is finding an actual disc that it will record on. I did find the disc, but when I found the proper DVD ram disc it cost $6, so I just bought one disc and use it over and over again. Much better than using tape though.

I saw a commercial once on a Japanese TV program that I was watching for a DVD recorder with a program guide and the recorder had a hard drive about the size of a regular VHS tape that you could take out and put back in just like a regular VHS tape, now that would be awesome to have!

Went to my Sears last week and they went from having 3 full glass cases of games to 1 case of games on the end of an aisle. There are a few gaming peripherals down the aisle behind the games, but wow, they got rid of most of the gaming section. Sears just lost a lot of my business as I only need televisions, outdoor equipment, or appliances every few years, if that. I hardly buy their clothes, either.

[quote name='addicted2games']Went to my Sears last week and they went from having 3 full glass cases of games to 1 case of games on the end of an aisle. There are a few gaming peripherals down the aisle behind the games, but wow, they got rid of most of the gaming section. Sears just lost a lot of my business as I only need televisions, outdoor equipment, or appliances every few years, if that. I hardly buy their clothes, either.[/QUOTE]

Mine's been like that for a few months, maybe the summer or so. The funny thing is that they "got rid of the games" that disappeared yet they kept showing up on Google Shopping. Then a couple weeks ago I went and tons of them showed up on the clearance rack after months of not being out. So they didn't put those games out, which meant no one could buy them, which meant that they sat there and aged, which meant I bought up a shitload of games for next to nothing. Maybe it will happen to you too.

[quote name='Blaster man']Mine's been like that for a few months, maybe the summer or so. The funny thing is that they "got rid of the games" that disappeared yet they kept showing up on Google Shopping. Then a couple weeks ago I went and tons of them showed up on the clearance rack after months of not being out. So they didn't put those games out, which meant no one could buy them, which meant that they sat there and aged, which meant I bought up a shitload of games for next to nothing. Maybe it will happen to you too.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that will be awesome if it happens at my store.

Just an FYI for SYWR members, I got an email for a free $5 in points for this weekend, expires on Monday, December 3rd. Check your emails or accounts to see if you got it too.

Also I think this coming Sunday is Friends and Family Night, which is an extra 5% off video games (not hardware though), check your local to see if it would be worth it.

Today they are doing 10,000 points which equates to $10 sears cash on $50 purchase redeemable on the 2nd and 3rd I believe. Here's the catch. It doesn't go through on clearance. Why the hell am I posting this? Because I was able to get them to deduct $10 automatically on that transaction . Spending $200? Of course your gonna do 4 separate transactions. This is YMMV but definitely worth trying.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Just an FYI for SYWR members, I got an email for a free $5 in points for this weekend, expires on Monday, December 3rd. Check your emails or accounts to see if you got it too.

Also I think this coming Sunday is Friends and Family Night, which is an extra 5% off video games (not hardware though), check your local to see if it would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I think my e-mail was for $3.:cry:

[quote name='bgame2']Is this 10,000 points sears only or sears/kmart for SYWR members?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. Since they are linked I would guess both.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Just an FYI for SYWR members, I got an email for a free $5 in points for this weekend, expires on Monday, December 3rd. Check your emails or accounts to see if you got it too.

Also I think this coming Sunday is Friends and Family Night, which is an extra 5% off video games (not hardware though), check your local to see if it would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I got it too! Which is weird cause I signed up to SYWR but never fully activated it yet. Still got it. And yeah, Friends and Family Night is this upcoming Sunday. I started working there not too long ago and found out they are doing it again this Sunday. Not looking forward to it. Not sure if how much percentage off it is. I think last time was 10%? Though not sure if it changes. I can try and find out tonight.

[quote name='shieryda']I think my e-mail was for $3.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Mine was for $3 also. Already spent it on a quilt set, which made it $15.01.

[quote name='shieryda']I think my e-mail was for $3.:cry:[/QUOTE]

At least you got some points. I didn't get any points at all for the 2nd time in a row now for some reason. :whistle2:|

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I saw Battlefield 3 for the PS3 and Xbox360 for $10 each today. I already have enough shooter games, so I passed.

I just picked up LoZ: Skyward Sword for $9.97. I think I saw that someone else got it for that price too so it looks like this is a company wide discount.

[quote name='Owlmanus']With Google Shopping, it only lists if the games are in stock not the crazy clearance prices right?[/QUOTE]

Often times it will show the awesome crazy price, if your local sears has that price. YMMV though.

I'm assuming these are all the drops for December, as my sheets did not show up anything else that dropped. Sad to say it, but I think my Sears clearance days are close to over, as now the second of my three stores is down to the dreaded single glass case scenario. I still have hope for some items (like Wii Fit Plus w/ Balance Board, Skylanders Portal sets, Super Paper Mario) being clearanced eventually, but besides the Wii remotes and nunchucks, I haven't seen anything new enter the cycle in some time.

Also, for those who are wondering about Google shopping, a store will continue to update the most current pricing as long as they have at least 'In Stock' or 'Limited Stock' tagged for that title. If it is 'Out of Stock', it will show the last known price it was sold / transferred out of the system for that particular store. One of my stores has been out of stock of Skyward Sword for some time, but still has it listed as 'Limited Stock', so I was able to see the new $9.97 pricing.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']I'm assuming these are all the drops for December, as my sheets did not show up anything else that dropped. Sad to say it, but I think my Sears clearance days are close to over, as now the second of my three stores is down to the dreaded single glass case scenario. I still have hope for some items (like Wii Fit Plus w/ Balance Board, Skylanders Portal sets, Super Paper Mario) being clearanced eventually, but besides the Wii remotes and nunchucks, I haven't seen anything new enter the cycle in some time.

Also, for those who are wondering about Google shopping, a store will continue to update the most current pricing as long as they have at least 'In Stock' or 'Limited Stock' tagged for that title. If it is 'Out of Stock', it will show the last known price it was sold / transferred out of the system for that particular store. One of my stores has been out of stock of Skyward Sword for some time, but still has it listed as 'Limited Stock', so I was able to see the new $9.97 pricing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I thought, clearance days are over at sears.

Stopped in tonight to check out the clearance. The bin on the end cap had been recently taken down and nothing had yet been put in it's place. I found a few crappy shovelware titles sitting randomly on bottom shelves in various places, but the prices weren't that great. PS2 "Sing It" was $1.97, there was some DS game that was $30 and a few others.

Either I just missed a nice sale or the stuff was boxed up and shipped out. There is another Sears nearby that is closing, maybe they shipped them all there.

If you have a Play N Trade, they got the most TIV for Zelda, at 22 dollars. Gamestop was 14 and best buy was allegedly 6 dollars (I think the guy was just lazy to want to do a trade in, tried asking if I could find a second opinion but no one was able to help). If anyone can verify this let me know what you been told. Never mind used the online checker, that's pretty low. I never do trade in's anyways, and this is a good example as to why.

[quote name='HyperG']If you have a Play N Trade, they got the most TIV for Zelda, at 22 dollars. Gamestop was 14 and best buy was allegedly 6 dollars (I think the guy was just lazy to want to do a trade in, tried asking if I could find a second opinion but no one was able to help). If anyone can verify this let me know what you been told.[/QUOTE]

I might try that tactic at BB or GS sometime...All this time I've been accepting low TiV's, and I should have at least asked for a second opinion!

I rather trade a game through here with someone that wants it before I even trade it in, just thought it was interesting to me that Play N Trade was giving 22 dollars for the game while others gave so little. The online checker on bestbuy.com is as accurate as you can get.

This is all that's left at my Sears. I picked up Zelda: SS for 9.97. They also had...

Batman Arkham City PS3- 9.97
Battlefield 3 - XBOX 9.97
COD: MW3 Wii 9.97

picture.php

[quote name='duderanch']This is all that's left at my Sears. I picked up Zelda: SS for 9.97. They also had...

Batman Arkham City PS3- 9.97
Battlefield 3 - XBOX 9.97
COD: MW3 Wii 9.97

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

You should buy all those Zelda's. amazon trade in for Skyward Sword is $19. Limit of two there but you can get almost double.

[quote name='osugsxr']Typically shop sears clearance tools and tvs, came across a nintendo 3ds at $49, would it be worth picking up at that price?[/QUOTE]

are you trolling ?

[quote name='Blaster man']You should buy all those Zelda's. amazon trade in for Skyward Sword is $19. Limit of two there but you can get almost double.[/QUOTE]
If his store is anything like mine, Skyward Sword is still $40.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']are you trolling ?[/QUOTE]

Lol nope , hardly visit this site anymore except for gifts to get cheapest deals . Seems it would be a decent deal

[quote name='osugsxr']Lol nope , hardly visit this site anymore except for gifts to get cheapest deals . Seems it would be a decent deal[/QUOTE]

Its not decent ... Let me buy it off of you for 45$.

Google Shopping shows 2 things in stock for my nearest Sears. I looked and they aren't there. How often does that get updated? Also, what is the chance they still have those items, but they are just in the back room?

[quote name='ShadowAsylum']Google Shopping shows 2 things in stock for my nearest Sears. I looked and they aren't there. How often does that get updated? Also, what is the chance they still have those items, but they are just in the back room?[/QUOTE]

Someone probably went there and stashed them ;)

They only have 1 end-cap of games. They are in the glass case. That and 1 little side area of an aisle for accessories. So I doubt someone stashed them away.

bread's done
Back