Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='ShadowAsylum']They only have 1 end-cap of games. They are in the glass case. That and 1 little side area of an aisle for accessories. So I doubt someone stashed them away.[/QUOTE]
More than likely someone did a five-finger discount and the clerks haven't done a physical count to update their system, unfortunately.

I do have proof that such a mystical place like 'The Back' does exist, however, as one of my Sears pulled out some Guitar Hero World Tour Bundles a few months ago that I had not seen in about two years, and for some reason they decided to bring them out while house cleaning. I have not had the gall and / or balls to ask some of my local clerks to check the back for some of these items I do see listed as limited stock. Perhaps now that the clearance is practically dead for my locals, I guess it wouldn't hurt to annoy a clerk with my request anyways.

Picked up Zelda 3DS for $24.95.

They have one left and I am pumped they still had some.

Also I saw Battlefield 3 sold out at $9.99. I would have picked it up if they had it.

I got Pilotwings for 3DS for about $5. Also picked up a copy Zelda: Skyward Sword. Seems like my Sears is downsizing their video game section. I didn't even find the budget games in the metal rack/display.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Supposedly, they are giving out more points. So, check your SYWR accounts![/QUOTE]
I got an email earlier today. $3 good Friday through Sunday.

I got Mario Party DS for $9.97 today. It must have been in the back room because it wasn't there when people reported it on clearance a couple of months ago. It was out of the system but I told them it was $9.97 at others Sears locations so they manually entered the price for me.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I got Mario Party DS for $9.97 today. It must have been in the back room because it wasn't there when people reported it on clearance a couple of months ago. It was out of the system but I told them it was $9.97 at others Sears locations so they manually entered the price for me.[/QUOTE]

I'd ask stores if they have any clearance out back from now on. I guess new planograms for the department call for no displays for clearance games (because they are carrying so few now) so a lot of stores are storing them in back until they go out of system and can be RTV'd. I asked at two stores now one had a shopping cart packed the other 6 boxes. Lots of DSis, PSPs etc which can be a score if your store has a manager special on clearance items.

I know the other day before I went to Sears, it said "Limited stock" for Wii Play Motion and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and "In Stock" for Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. The person was like "maybe it showed up like that, because someone ordered it off the site and had it shipped here, and it got shipped back." I don't think they wanted to check the back for me. I bought 2 of the 3 copies of Skyward Sword, and the other 2 games weren't out in the display. I looked the other night, some time after I bought the 2 copies of Skyward Sword, and now Skyward Sword said "Limited Stock." That obviously means, they have to be hiding those 2 games in the back or something, since they don't have a clearance display anywhere. That, or someone stole those 2 games. But I would love to get Wii Play Motion for $10, since I don't own any Wii Motion Plus remotes, so I can't even play my copy of Skyward Sword. The other copy I bought for a friend. Today after class, I'm going to go buy the final copy of Skyward Sword, and trade it to Gamestop.

Stopped by a Sears on my home today, saw 10 copies of Skyward Sword marked at $9.97. I picked up 3 (1 to keep, 2 to trade in to Amazon at $19 each). There was also $9.97 BF3 for PS3 and $9.97 Kinect Sports but not much else.

[quote name='ShadowAsylum']I know the other day before I went to Sears, it said "Limited stock" for Wii Play Motion and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and "In Stock" for Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. The person was like "maybe it showed up like that, because someone ordered it off the site and had it shipped here, and it got shipped back." I don't think they wanted to check the back for me. I bought 2 of the 3 copies of Skyward Sword, and the other 2 games weren't out in the display. I looked the other night, some time after I bought the 2 copies of Skyward Sword, and now Skyward Sword said "Limited Stock." That obviously means, they have to be hiding those 2 games in the back or something, since they don't have a clearance display anywhere. That, or someone stole those 2 games. But I would love to get Wii Play Motion for $10, since I don't own any Wii Motion Plus remotes, so I can't even play my copy of Skyward Sword. The other copy I bought for a friend. Today after class, I'm going to go buy the final copy of Skyward Sword, and trade it to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
A lot of the times it just doesn't get updated, if it says limited stock that almost always means out of stock.

[quote name='ShadowAsylum'] That obviously means, they have to be hiding those 2 games in the back or something, since they don't have a clearance display anywhere. That, or someone stole those 2 games.[/QUOTE]

I keep seeing people say that on these forums and I always cringe. So let me offer a couple of reasons for the discrepencies. [Feel free to copy and paste]

Reasons why store inventories may be incorrect:

1. Inventory was counted incorrectly to begin with. There are two ways to electronically inventory items. Sometimes you scan the first bar code and then enter the quanitity on the shelf. Other times (and sometimes is required by the client, especially when dealing with electronics) you have scan each barcode individually. When you're counting 45 of one item, 64 of another, and 70+ of yet another, your mind will wander at some point and you will lose count or miss a scan. Some items get re-counted by a second auditor and random items are recounted to verify an individual auditor's accuracy, but some stuff is just simply going to be miscounted.

2. Some items are confused with other items. In the video game section specifically, a row of games may include Platinum edition or Select or GOTY editions mixed with the "vanilla" or "standard" editions. Usually these items have separate bar codes. So if an auditor goes through a stack and sees 7 copies of Resident Evil 5, they may simply scan the first one and enter a quantity of 7 or pick up the first item (and I've witnessed this) and just scan it 7 times. (Even though this is specifically against policy and defeats the purpose of mandating individual counts!) The auditor doesn't know that the fourth box was actual Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition.

3. An employee rang up the wrong item. This is similar to #2. The cashier picks up two items and thinks they're the same thing. This happened so many times at one my jobs that the company disabled the quantity button on the register.

4. An incoming order has a wrong count and no one catches it. The wrong number gets shipped and the associate stocking shelves doesn't look at the quantity on the box. He opens it up and puts all 5 copies on the shelf without noticing that the side of the package says "quantity:6." Sometimes the quantity of a product is only listed on the invoice.

5. The mistake is caught but is not entered into the inventory control system. I had this actually happen to me. I was running a night shift (when the store computers were offline) and came across a box that was mispicked at the warehouse. Instead of sending us a box of 3 PS1s, the warehouse sent us a box of Matchbox vehicles. When I went back to working days, I found that our count of consoles was off. Sure enough, no one had read my note and entered the discrepency into the computer system.

6. Theft. Like you suggested, sometimes things leave the store in less than ideal ways.

7. There really aren't anything in the back room. I have an amazing visual memory. In 13+ years of grocery/retail I knew almost exactly what was in the stock room/refigerator unit/storage at any given time. If I say it's not in the backroom and I don't offer to look, it's because I know there aren't any in the backroom. Sometimes it's even because I personally was responsible for not ordering enough.

8. It's in the backroom and I know specifically where but I'm not into spelunking. It's going to be a few days before I get to that case against the back wall. If I say "I'm expecting in some at the end of the week," I really mean "I expect to reach that particular case by Friday."

9. There's definitely/possibly some in the back, I know/don't know specifically where, but I either can't leave this register at the moment because there's a line of thirty people behind you/I've gotten the vibe that you're waiting for me to walk away before snatching a handful of stuff/I've had a disagreement with my boss, co-worker, significant other or I don't like you or for some other reason I'm in a foul mood and just don't feel like looking right now. This does happen and it's probably the "I saw you keep looking up here and just don't trust you" reason.

10. They really are holding it for themselves. Despite what a lot of people here seem to think, this is actually the least likely of the possibilities. Most places have strict rules on employees holding items and it's mostly because there just isn't enough room to hold employee purchases.

I'm going to check in-store myself, but did anyone see if there were any drops today? I know there are only a handful of items left that are worth looking into, but hopefully the Wii Remote Plus items drop even further.

My buddy Ron stopped by the local sears and caught a hobo jacking his wang in housewares. He bailed immediately, so unfortunately, no word on new drops.

[quote name='bobphone']My buddy Ron stopped by the local sears and caught a hobo jacking his wang in housewares. He bailed immediately, so unfortunately, no word on new drops.[/QUOTE]

Well, if he'd have stuck around a few minutes he may have caught a drop....

[quote name='bobphone']My buddy Ron stopped by the local sears and caught a hobo jacking his wang in housewares. He bailed immediately, so unfortunately, no word on new drops.[/QUOTE]

A real CAG can walk past a jacking hobo for game sales.

Damn SD'ers. :lol:

[quote name='bobphone']My buddy Ron stopped by the local sears and caught a hobo jacking his wang in housewares. He bailed immediately, so unfortunately, no word on new drops.[/QUOTE]I quit going to Sears years ago on account of all the jacking hobos.
(I was honestly hoping to find a reason in this thread to go back...maybe new clearance?...but, uh...yuck.)

I would expect that more at Kmart.

[quote name='DRKnight']Is that 100 for the 3DS universal or YMMV?[/QUOTE]

My store also had the flame red one for $97. I believe the clearance is based on previous sales data. Since I sold more of the Cosmo black and aqua blue, those prices are staying higher.

The flame red 3DS was marked $139 around here. I think I read somewhere that Nintendo has discontinued the flame red model???

I just snagged the $99 red 3ds, it's the red one only WITHOUT the bundled Mario Kart. I am not sure if its universal but I scanned a printed barcode at another sears that didn't have any red in stock and it also rang up $99 there so there is a good chance of this deal being universal. The UPC is 045496719357.

But if you want it Go NOW! Because I got the last one at the Sears I went to.

[quote name='SaraAB']I just snagged the $99 red 3ds, it's the red one only WITHOUT the bundled Mario Kart. I am not sure if its universal but I scanned a printed barcode at another sears that didn't have any red in stock and it also rang up $99 there so there is a good chance of this deal being universal. The UPC is 045496719357.

But if you want it Go NOW! Because I got the last one at the Sears I went to.[/QUOTE]

The only one bundled with mario kart is the blue xl one i think.

There is a regular red 3DS that is bundled with a game, at least I think there is, I don't know which game it is. They had a bundle marked $169. But I assume that one is not on sale. The box is also smaller for the bundled version. I am really excited I got this deal, I think it has to be the best deal I have gotten at retail ever!

I think Nintendo discontinued the red color, which is why its on sale, then they tried to get rid of stock by putting all the red ones in the holiday bundle.

I could swear I saw at least 5 of these at that Sears last week, but when I went today there was one left and I grabbed it. Also there is a variety of other DS systems on sale, I think the regular DSi was $84.99. One Sears near me also has a Cobalt Blue DS Lite Bundle still left for $119! Also the Black regular 3DS was $149.

Went to Sears just now and picked up the last Flame Red 3DS for $100. The box looks like it was mauled, but the seals are intact. This was just an impulse buy, since it was so cheap. But what I'm after is a new revision 3DS that has two circle pads built in. So I don't know if I should keep this one or return it.

I would keep it if you just want a cheap system and don't care which model or color you have. This is a YMMV and its VERY hard to get and those of us who got one are extremely lucky. The red is actually quite gorgeous, its not orang-y like the red GBA SP was, its a very bright and dark red. I don't think they will ever release a 2 circle pad version, hardly any game even uses 2 circle pads, and for the ones that do they have the circle pad and the circle pad XL. Developers aren't building their games for 2 circle pads since the system never had one from the start and most people don't have the Circle pad. I am guessing we won't be seeing $99 for quite a while unless its a BF deal at some point since Nintendo just dropped the DSi to $99 last year!

This system is so cheap that you can probably sell it for close to what you paid if a new version that you want comes out later on. Just keep the box, manuals and accessories intact.

There aren't too many good 3DS games out but I did find at least 2 that I want to purchase however if you have never had a DS its an excellent purchase since it plays all regular DS games too and many of those can be found for very cheap prices.

[quote name='sterlingice']No hobos?

SI[/QUOTE]

LOL. No, the hobo by us sleeps in the bus stop out in front of the Sears.

The wire clearance bin is now gone. There were 6-8 games in the shelf over by the remaining glass case (Max Payne 3 :ps3: was one, $24.97), a couple Wii titles, and Jeopardy :ds:

They still had a 4gb 360 console, and a 250gb console in the glass case, and a couple Wii consoles. Still quite a few 3DS and 3DS XLs. Did not check prices.

There were two Flame Red 3DS versions at the Sears I went to. The plain version, without a game, and in a larger box, was $99.97. The bundled version, with Mario kart 7 I believe (or Mario 3D Land) was $169.99, and in a smaller box. So you know which one to get ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The red one was bundled with mario 3d land.
The Sears i got mine from has two more, none of them were marked.
Here's to hoping for more markdowns!

If the red one was bundled with a game then its not the right one. If its not marked its probably $99.97 (again it must be a plain red 3DS in a regular box with no game included), you should ask about it if you want one. Not all Sears will have them in stock, I went to one that didn't have it today as well as one that had one left.

There is also a 3DS pink Nintendogs bundle that was on clearance a while back, I saw it, so that is another one to look for, but extremely unlikely you will find one.

Wasn't there some Sears clearance blowout months ago (though highly ymmv) where 3ds, dsi xl systems, etc. were way cheaper than $99? Wish they would drop the prices to those levels again..

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope there is still some when I go there on Wednesday. If it's that cheap I want to convince my friend to buy it so I have more friends with 3DSs.

I don't want to make a run to my nearest Sears(next town over) if they don't have the 3DS price lowered there. Any other price drops that anyone has seen?

I didn't see anything really significant in my trip last Friday to Sears, though the clerks were busy putting the tags out on the items when I came in, so I'll check to see if there is anything new that I didn't have a scan sheet for.

I did see my store finally reduce the Sports Champions / Deadmund's Quest Move bundles to $74.97 (right around there), which before were held steady at $94.97. Not a good price now, but something to watch for if your local still hasn't cleared these out.

Thanks everyone for the heads up. I was able to get one at my Sears for 99.97, so I would guess this is a universal clearance drop.

I checked Google shopping first and two area Sears did show "limited stock" with a price of 139.97, but it was clearly marked 99.97 in store.

I was excited to get in on this deal. I traded my first 3ds for a vita this past spring and had been waiting for a $100 price. Now to find some cheap games....

After playing the 3DSXL, I dont want to play on the 3DS. I'd have to see one FAR cheaper than $100 to even buy one again. My Sears has hardly anything more than just an endcap with some games and systems. Most of the time, its worthless to check whats there.

[quote name='addicted2games']After playing the 3DSXL, I dont want to play on the 3DS. I'd have to see one FAR cheaper than $100 to even buy one again. My Sears has hardly anything more than just an endcap with some games and systems. Most of the time, its worthless to check whats there.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Buying a standard 3DS is insane. Even for $50. It's too tiny.

Here's what I found at the North Little Rock, AR store:

Deadmund's Quest/Sport Champions Move bundle - $39.97 (Might be specific to my store. It had the $74.97 January sticker, but there was an additional yellow tag on it that had the $40 price.)
9 ft. PS3 USB cable - $2.97
Vita Charge Cradle - $7.97
Vita Charge Cable - $9.97
Vita AC Adaptor - $9.97

360 Quick Charge Kit - $19.97

All of these are in the standard Wii packaging, not the Wii U packaging:
White Nunchuk - $4.97
Black Nunchuk - $9.97
White Wiimote Plus - $19.97
Black Wiimote Plus - $29.97

bread's done
Back