Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I think Nintendo released an update to the 3DS to improve the look of DS games at some point. I am guessing these red systems are pretty old, so if you haven't yet it would be a good idea to update the system if you have the clearance red system. I am no visual expert either but the regular DS games play fine to me.

Hopefully these are going to people who will actually use or gift the system, not flippers, though flippers usually don't go for the single flip, and this deal is hard to find, if you find the system on sale there will most likely only be one left. I am wondering if Nintendo discontinued the red and blue 3DS's as most stores here have only pink, purple and black in stock and I believe these have a new, smaller box.

Went to my local Sears there was nothing that was mentioned here. No flame red 3DS and no DSi XL just their tags telling me I was too late.

If I had the technical skills...

I'd take a DSi XL's speakers/shell, a 3DS's slot, a GBA SP's slot, and Frankenstein it all together.

You know you'd want a 3DS XL SP! (A 3DS XL that's loud and can play GB/GBC/GBA cartridges.)

How about a 3DS lite? (Cram all the 3DS hardware into a DS lite's shell. Replacing the GBA slot with the SD memory card slot.)

Not that into 3D, so someone else can use their imagination place the 3DS switches somewhere.

[quote name='SaraAB']Hopefully these are going to people who will actually use or gift the system, not flippers, though flippers usually don't go for the single flip, and this deal is hard to find, if you find the system on sale there will most likely only be one left. I am wondering if Nintendo discontinued the red and blue 3DS's as most stores here have only pink, purple and black in stock and I believe these have a new, smaller box.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think it would be worth it for someone to flip the system. I just calculated it and if someone sells the system for $160 shipped they are only making around $20 after fees and shipping. With the risk of selling a system (dealing with scammers or someone having a complaint about something like a dead pixel), I would have thought no would one bother but I guess I am wrong after reading some of the posts on the thread on SD.

[quote name='Byakurai']Heh. I just had a guy come in and get the last flame red 3DS from my store. Sounds like he thought this deal was just a little too slick.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip man :D

Now if DsiXL goes to $40 soon as someone mentioned earlier. I might consider selling the one I bought today and go for that instead :)

Just got back from Sears, not much to mention. I picked up MLB the Show 11 for $4.97. The had Ocarina of time for 3ds for $24.97, but I passed. I had them scan a blue and pink dsi xl. Blue rang $119.97, and pink $74.97.

Checked two nearest stores and found one last metallic rose DSi XL for $75. None of the other clearanced models to be found. Picked it up since my DS Lite is 5 years old and doesn't work too well any more. Thanks!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I didn't even think it would be worth it for someone to flip the system. I just calculated it and if someone sells the system for $160 shipped they are only making around $20 after fees and shipping. With the risk of selling a system (dealing with scammers or someone having a complaint about something like a dead pixel), I would have thought no would one bother but I guess I am wrong after reading some of the posts on the thread on SD.[/QUOTE]

I think people on slickdeals would bother if the profit was $5-10.... Sigh

[quote name='Iron Angel']Picked up Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 for $9.97 + tax. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised that hasn't gone down recently. I picked it up for the same price back in November I believe.

It might have been cheaper. I haven't followed it much this one much. I really liked both Dragon Warriors back on the Gameboy along with he first DQM Jokers, so I figured this would be worth a shot :D

A lot of the older games aren't dropping. I have been waiting for that game and a few others to drop in price but they haven't in a few months.

I saw the DSI XL the other day. Rose $74.xx. Would've got it for $40. Can't justify $74.xx on that when I could get a 3DS XL for $30-$40 more from Cowboom.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I saw the DSI XL the other day. Rose $74.xx. Would've got it for $40. Can't justify $74.xx on that when I could get a 3DS XL for $30-$40 more from Cowboom.[/QUOTE]

Same at mine too. Bought it to resell.

All the sears stores here no longer have video games, aka the games themselves on clearance, so perhaps the games are at a standstill in the system regarding price if your store still has any left. Thankfully I got that DQ game when it was still available here. Another reason why I am weary of waiting for things to drop too low as they may just disappear, especially when it's something I really want.

I have no idea what happened to the leftover games here as there was definitely leftovers but they are gone now.

[quote name='SaraAB']All the sears stores here no longer have video games, aka the games themselves on clearance, so perhaps the games are at a standstill in the system regarding price if your store still has any left. Thankfully I got that DQ game when it was still available here. Another reason why I am weary of waiting for things to drop too low as they may just disappear, especially when it's something I really want.

I have no idea what happened to the leftover games here as there was definitely leftovers but they are gone now.[/QUOTE]

Same here. There were a bunch of clearance games not too long ago, then poof, all gone but a couple stragglers. And don't tell me customers bought up the copies of Rayman 3DS for $20.97.

[quote name='Josef']Same here. There were a bunch of clearance games not too long ago, then poof, all gone but a couple stragglers. And don't tell me customers bought up the copies of Rayman 3DS for $20.97.[/QUOTE]
All of my local Sears too. Beginning of Dec they had a drop, sold a few titles and then suddenly the bin was gone. I know they didn't sell them as I was there every day. I am hoping for a random .97 dump at some point.

[quote name='Josef']Same here. There were a bunch of clearance games not too long ago, then poof, all gone but a couple stragglers. And don't tell me customers bought up the copies of Rayman 3DS for $20.97.[/QUOTE]

I've personally done a couple of large pulls where we grab a great deal of our clearance titles and send them RTV to get a few more dollars.

[quote name='SaraAB']All the sears stores here no longer have video games, aka the games themselves on clearance, so perhaps the games are at a standstill in the system regarding price if your store still has any left. Thankfully I got that DQ game when it was still available here. Another reason why I am weary of waiting for things to drop too low as they may just disappear, especially when it's something I really want.

I have no idea what happened to the leftover games here as there was definitely leftovers but they are gone now.[/QUOTE]

All of our Sears at some point did a ymmv clearance to get most of the stuff out.

Anything left over was sent back by managers. I know this because Boulavard did a fantastic 75% off in the fall. Got tons of goodies. I went back the week after to try and get some other stuff and my friend who works there said they had to send it all back.

The plan from what Ive been told is that SEars wants to keep a few new releases in a smaller area on the floor.

Eventually have new releases slowly creates backstock/clearance over time. So theres a chance over a couple years the bins could re surface. OR they may just opt to send old games back if they dont sell after the first month or two.

[quote name='xDerekRx']All of our Sears at some point did a ymmv clearance to get most of the stuff out.

Anything left over was sent back by managers. I know this because Boulavard did a fantastic 75% off in the fall. Got tons of goodies. I went back the week after to try and get some other stuff and my friend who works there said they had to send it all back.

The plan from what Ive been told is that SEars wants to keep a few new releases in a smaller area on the floor.

Eventually have new releases slowly creates backstock/clearance over time. So theres a chance over a couple years the bins could re surface. OR they may just opt to send old games back if they dont sell after the first month or two.[/QUOTE]

I asked a SEars employee at a store near me about this. He told me "We're getting rid of the old games and only going to sell new ones." To which I commented, "Right but when the new games get old you'll have clearance again right?" His reply was "No, we're getting rid of all our old clearance games.". Obviously logic isn't his strong suit. The new games from this year are going to have very little demand in two years from now. It's like going to Kmart and seeing them trying to sell PS2 games. Good luck with that! Better yet, I was at some really rural Kmart locations while driving out to visit family for vacation and they were selling (no joke) GAMEBOY COLOR games for $24.99!

I bought quite a bit of stuff from the Amherst store when it was 50% off, so I think I had gotten everything I wanted from that location before the 75% hit, though I can't visit that location all the time so its very well I could have missed the 75% easily. There are still some accessories and systems that are leftover from previous clearance cycles around some of the WNY Sears.

Ironically I have rarely, if ever seen anyone at any Sears in the WNY area buying video games besides myself over the years. I do see people coming in for TV's all the time. So I am guessing all these clearance DS systems were bought by employees or customers who came in for TV's and saw the prices. Or perhaps a mom who just happened to wander by from the clothes department. I can totally understand why they are phasing it out. I do see people buying games and electronics at Kmart though, thus they have a much larger gaming department.

The prices reported for the DSI XL must be YMMV. I went to my local Sears today and they had a blue one with a shelf label of $129.99. I had the employee scan it at the register and it came up at $129.99. This is pretty disappointing when so many people are finding them at $80 or less.

[quote name='yazman']The prices reported for the DSI XL must be YMMV. I went to my local Sears today and they had a blue one with a shelf label of $129.99. I had the employee scan it at the register and it came up at $129.99. This is pretty disappointing when so many people are finding them at $80 or less.[/QUOTE]

Metallic Rose(pink).

I don't want to start a frenzy because it is EXTREME YMMV but I hit a store with additional 90% off clearance today. Went to a bunch more hoping to repeat or even some at additional 50-75% and nothing. But if one store is doing extra % off I'm sure there's others doing something, I would say not worth a trip to check but if you're in the area it could be worth it. The store had everything on a table in the middle of the mattress department so look around if there's NO clearance in the department.

Not sure if I should post a list of my haul its a tad extreme.

[quote name='yazman']The prices reported for the DSI XL must be YMMV. I went to my local Sears today and they had a blue one with a shelf label of $129.99. I had the employee scan it at the register and it came up at $129.99. This is pretty disappointing when so many people are finding them at $80 or less.[/QUOTE]

I used the google shopping to search and save myself a trip. Only select colors are on clearance in my area, and they still aren't cheap enough, so I passed.

[quote name='SaraAB']I bought quite a bit of stuff from the Amherst store when it was 50% off, so I think I had gotten everything I wanted from that location before the 75% hit, though I can't visit that location all the time so its very well I could have missed the 75% easily. There are still some accessories and systems that are leftover from previous clearance cycles around some of the WNY Sears.

Ironically I have rarely, if ever seen anyone at any Sears in the WNY area buying video games besides myself over the years. I do see people coming in for TV's all the time. So I am guessing all these clearance DS systems were bought by employees or customers who came in for TV's and saw the prices. Or perhaps a mom who just happened to wander by from the clothes department. I can totally understand why they are phasing it out. I do see people buying games and electronics at Kmart though, thus they have a much larger gaming department.[/QUOTE]

I worked at the Blvd Sears elec dept for about a year and you got to know 2-3 of the Ebayers. Depends which location but there are some guys who buy in bulk

[quote name='Blaster man']I asked a SEars employee at a store near me about this. He told me "We're getting rid of the old games and only going to sell new ones." To which I commented, "Right but when the new games get old you'll have clearance again right?" His reply was "No, we're getting rid of all our old clearance games.". Obviously logic isn't his strong suit. The new games from this year are going to have very little demand in two years from now. It's like going to Kmart and seeing them trying to sell PS2 games. Good luck with that! Better yet, I was at some really rural Kmart locations while driving out to visit family for vacation and they were selling (no joke) GAMEBOY COLOR games for $24.99![/QUOTE]

Well Blaster hes not too far off. Its the same thing I suggested in my post.

I believe whats going to happen is after a new release game is out for a couple months, instead of marking it down over and over again, I think they will send the games back immediately. I hope its not the case but makes more sense to the company.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm thinking about picking up the red 3DS if I can find one. Which games would you recommend?[/QUOTE]

Good luck. I had no luck finding one.

Resident evil Re
Mario games
Fire Emblem

[quote name='The Punisher']Good luck. I had no luck finding one.

Resident evil Re
Mario games
Fire Emblem[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll post my findings.

Probably a good chance there will be drops today, as February is a short month, so I don't think they will wait until next Friday. Good as time as any to swing by your local.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Probably a good chance there will be drops today, as February is a short month, so I don't think they will wait until next Friday. Good as time as any to swing by your local.[/QUOTE]
For there to be drops, there have to be clearance games. There are no clearance games to be found. At least not for three Sears I go to.

Clearance wire bin at my local Sears is almost empty. The only games left were WoW Cataclysm for $3.94. I had expiring SYW point so I just decided to grabe them. I guess I can easily flip it for a few bucks.

[quote name='Fukurou']For there to be drops, there have to be clearance games. There are no clearance games to be found. At least not for three Sears I go to.[/QUOTE]
They are still clearancing out some hardware and accessories though, such as Vita memory cards and Wii remote plus, so it is still worth a look to pick over what's left. It's not much, but they still have had drops every month, even if it was only one or two things at a time.

Just to let everyone know I went to my local Sears and they had a 250 GB xbox 360 slim marked from 299.99 to 149.99. Sign said it was being discontinued so it may be YMMV.

[quote name='KillerSmokey24']Just to let everyone know I went to my local Sears and they had a 250 GB xbox 360 slim marked from 299.99 to 149.99. Sign said it was being discontinued so it may be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

If only my Sears still had consoles...

[quote name='KillerSmokey24']Just to let everyone know I went to my local Sears and they had a 250 GB xbox 360 slim marked from 299.99 to 149.99. Sign said it was being discontinued so it may be YMMV.[/QUOTE]
I saw this as well, but it was marked used instead of discontinued. I didn't want to pay $150 for a used 360, especially since I can probably get one soon for that price new, so I passed.

[quote name='Fukurou']I saw this as well, but it was marked used instead of discontinued. I didn't want to pay $150 for a used 360, especially since I can probably get one soon for that price new, so I passed.[/QUOTE]

It's not a great deal anyway. It's only $50 less than the Black Friday price & I agree that the price will be lower in the new future.

$99 and I will bite!

[quote name='Blaster man']It's not a great deal anyway. It's only $50 less than the Black Friday price & I agree that the price will be lower in the new future.[/QUOTE]
But what if we get stuck with the old future?

Stopped at my local sear and found 75% off on vita accessories and memory cards. Picked up a 2 cradles, 4 and 8 gb cards, 3ds charger/cradle all for $25 total! Thanks sears!!

[quote name='nbballard']Does sears carry the 32gb cards? I know some stores didn't have them in their B&M locations.[/QUOTE]

I've only seen 4 an 8 gb at most stores. One store carried 16gb but was not clearancing anything.

bread's done
Back