Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Yeah, Galleria had a lone white wiimote in the old packaging marked $34.97. I scanned it and it is really $29.97.
I am definitely NOT complaining about their clearance deals. Just systems alone i have gotten a $75 red 3ds with mario bundle, $40 blue dsixl with mario vs donkey kong bundle, $150 250 gb slim 360, $70 hannah montana psp bundle, and probably something else i am forgetting.
I wouldnt even begin to list games and accessories.
I just dont get why do what they do with hardware.

Still waiting for the local sears to drop the price on the 250GB xbox hard drive. (fat model) Its been at 75$ for a couple of months with no takers. Still have a couple of 3ds' left, some at 99$ and a mario land bundle thats probably gonna brew for a while until it goes on sale.

Decided to run by my local Sears clearance this evening and I'm glad I did.

Picked up the following:
2 - White Nunchuks (old packaging) - 4.97 each
2 - White Classic Controller Pro (old packaging) - 4.97 each
1 - PSP Go Traveler Case - 4.97
1 - PSP Go In-Ear Headset - 2.97
2 - Pink Nintendo DS Mini Folio - .97 each
1 - Wii Deluxe Game Traveler - 9.97

The PSP go stuff goes well with the PSP Go I picked up from Gamestop a week or so ago, and I'm always looking for cheap 1st party Wii stuff. The bag will be nice to put all of the Wii Motes and random accessories in.

I typically never find anything at Sears, but tonight was refreshing. I think it's mostly because none of the stuff was even marked down. I had to get price-checks on everything. I might go back tomorrow and see if I can find any other steals....

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Decided to run by my local Sears clearance this evening and I'm glad I did.

Picked up the following:
2 - White Nunchuks (old packaging) - 4.97 each
2 - White Classic Controller Pro (old packaging) - 4.97 each
1 - PSP Go Traveler Case - 4.97
1 - PSP Go In-Ear Headset - 2.97
2 - Pink Nintendo DS Mini Folio - .97 each
1 - Wii Deluxe Game Traveler - 9.97

The PSP go stuff goes well with the PSP Go I picked up from Gamestop a week or so ago, and I'm always looking for cheap 1st party Wii stuff. The bag will be nice to put all of the Wii Motes and random accessories in.

I typically never find anything at Sears, but tonight was refreshing. I think it's mostly because none of the stuff was even marked down. I had to get price-checks on everything. I might go back tomorrow and see if I can find any other steals....[/QUOTE]

I only found today was one black nunchuk for $4.97. Had a manager special take 75% already reduced clearance. So they took 75% off of the $4.97. Does wii accessories work on the new wii u?
I also saw the deluxe game traveler for $19.97, but never had a price check.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Sears loves to clearance stuff just because new packaging becomes available.[/QUOTE]

The new packaging usually comes with a new UPC as well. The computers see two different product numbers with two different descriptions (ex. Halo 3 vs Halo 3 GH) so when the sales department runs a report for older merchandise that isn't moving, it won't count the "greatest/platinum hits" versions towards the original version sales. The same thing happens with hardware and accessories. New packaging/modelling often equates to new UPCs.

This reminds me of a story that occurred when I was ordering groceries for a small store. Low on Mars candy bars, I kept including it with my candy orders. I couldn't figure why (a) I never received any Mars bars and (b) why my candy supplier kept shipping me Snickers Almond bars that I never ordered. After a few weeks it finally occurred to me to compare the UPC codes and found that they were the same on both products. It turns out that M&M/Mars had renamed/repackaged the Mars candy bar. The worst part was having to explain to my boss why there so many damn Snickers bars in the stock room!

Just found the flame red 3ds at my local store. Came up to 80.xx total with NY tax. I had looked for quite some time and they didn't have it in the case. They had the aqua blue price/barcode on it and made them scan the UPC.

Gf bought it for my birthday so I am very happy!

I'm thinking about returning the new PS Vita memory card I got. Anyone want it for $13 (PayPal) shipped? I'd do 12.50 Amazon credit instead since that wouldn't have a transfer fee charged.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Just found the flame red 3ds at my local store. Came up to 80.xx total with NY tax. I had looked for quite some time and they didn't have it in the case. They had the aqua blue price/barcode on it and made them scan the UPC.

Gf bought it for my birthday so I am very happy![/QUOTE]

wow. nice find in this late of the game. Those things were sold out at $99 in my area. Lucky, I found a limited edition zelda 3ds on cowboom.

Be sure to check your email / SYWR account, I just received another free $5 in points that expires on the 11th. Tomorrow may even be another drop day as well.

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm thinking about returning the new PS Vita memory card I got. Anyone want it for $13 (PayPal) shipped? I'd do 12.50 Amazon credit instead since that wouldn't have a transfer fee charged.[/QUOTE]

What size?

[quote name='Blaster man']It was 4GB. Sorry, I sold it off on eBay for $15.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. Saw that for $9.97, too.

Target has the Vita starter kit with the 4gb card, screen protector, cleaning cloth, carrying case and whatever else for $11.xx. Ymmv clearance, of course.

I just scored a Flame Red 3DS at the Pittsburgh Mills Sears for $59.99+tax. Had almost $10 in SYWR points so it was a no brainer. They had at least one left so if any Pittsburgh CAG's are looking for one you should get out there now. They have them behind the counter in the electronics section. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the employees picks it up though.

:ps3: Move Bundle with Sports Champions and Deadmund's Quest, $14.97

I had the free $5 in points posted yesterday, so this made it $9.97, there should be some hanging around at your locals.

Oh, and they have a sale on the Skylanders Kits (The original 2011 release, not Giants) for $39.99. There is a friends and family night this coming Sunday, I forgot to see if they had any extra percent off games. The original Skylanders sets are getting more rare in stores, so not a horrible deal if you missed out before.

Moorestown, NJ clearance:

Nintendo DSi (light blue) $59.97 (one left)
Nintendo DSi XL (dark blue) $74.97 (two left)
Sony Bluetooth headset $9.97
Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable $0.97
PS Vita/USB cable $2.97
Wii carrying cases $4.97

Also some random DS cases and Vita AC adapters.

I know my local Sears has quite a few of the move bundles in the cabinet. I might swing by and take a look. I wonder if the single pack navigation controllers might be any cheaper...

Success! Got a Move bundle for $14.99. The electronics manager didn't believe me when I said I heard it was on clearance, something I'm sure most of us Sears regulars have experienced many times, but sure enough it rang up at the reported price.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Success! Got a Move bundle for $14.99. The electronics manager didn't believe me when I said I heard it was on clearance, something I'm sure most of us Sears regulars have experienced many times, but sure enough it rang up at the reported price.[/QUOTE]

My Sears only has a pile of shit left on clearance. At this point the folks at my Sears are used to me coming in and buying stuff super cheap so they don't even bat an eye when they see the prices. It's a real shame that the clearance has disappeared after I've gone and trained them to stop being so annoying.

[quote name='electricsleep']I just scored a Flame Red 3DS at the Pittsburgh Mills Sears for $59.99+tax. Had almost $10 in SYWR points so it was a no brainer. They had at least one left so if any Pittsburgh CAG's are looking for one you should get out there now. They have them behind the counter in the electronics section. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the employees picks it up though.[/QUOTE]

Was it in the bulkier packaging? I would go and buy that ASAP but I live in CA. I WANTS IT.

[quote name='domon']Was it in the bulkier packaging? I would go and buy that ASAP but I live in CA. I WANTS IT.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was in the bigger rectangular packaging.

No more move bundles. Some el hoardo must have cleaned them out because they easily had 12 of them 2 weeks ago.

I ended up getting the following.
2 - Xbox 360 Quick Charge Tower Kits for 4.97 each.
1 - Max Payne 3 on PS3 for 9.97 (Clerk said price wasn't supposed to drop until tomorrow trying to get me to avoid the price check. I think he wanted it for himself. I persisted and got it anyway)
1 - ps3 blue tooth headset for 9.97.

I also noticed the psp go traveler kits dropped to $2, and the headsets to .97. Anyone know how receptive Sears is to return/rebuy on clearance items? I bought 2 of each at higher prices a couple of weeks ago and wouldnt mind getting $10 back...

I too am curious about clearance price matching. I bought a set of speakers two weeks ago for $124 (originally $249). I figured they might get cheaper but only by $20 or so. There were two sets left after i bought mine. I went in today and they were $61. I was mad!
I bought another set thinking if nothing else, i can print out the receipt from two weeks ago and return this set i just bought.
Very nice speakers nonetheless!

I went to Eastern Hills today. There was a Move bundle marked $49.97 and a bluetooth marked $24.97. I grabbed them and walked towards the price checker which is all of 20 feet away. Both electronics guys jumped at me like i was running off with them. "We can ring you up here."
"I am just price checking these items" because heaven forbid i ask you assholes for help, i thought to myself but did not say.
Came up $15 and $10.
I walked back to the guys, "i am ready to check out." One dude walked away, other dude seemed reluctant, but did walk me towards a cashwrap.
He thought the stickered price was a great deal. "Those are great prices, you buying for yourself or to resell?"
I ignored him.
Then he actually rang them up. "Omg, i wish i knew these were this cheap, i gotta check everything over there ( clearance area). You getting to resell?"
Again i ignored him.
"You want protection on these or are you only going to resell them?"
No lie, he asked me four times if i were reselling them. Like i need to explain why i am purchasing anything.
Pissed me right the fuck off. He had a mini "the art of war" book on the register. I wanted to shove it up his ass.

Lol, I think I've dealt with the same guy at the Eastern Hills Sears telling me many times about "how cheap" some clearance games where I bought. Not surprising as Sears is as dysfunctional as it gets. I only go there to check clearance stuff rarely and quickly leave.

Managed to have the clerk at the register price-adjust the psp stuff I bought a couple weeks back. Got $10 and some change back. Ended up picking up two sets of Sony earbuds for .97 each (great for gym headsets.. cheap and disposable) and another traveler case at 1.97.

I also noticed that they had about 10 of the old-style clamshell 2000 Wii points cards. Asked for a price-check and it wasn't showing in the system. A manager over another area said they couldn't sell them, but the electronics clerk gave me his card and told me to call later when the electronics manager was in to see if I could work out a deal. I didn't think stores had these anymore and I hope I can pick them up for cheap.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']^I got those Wii 2000 points cards for around $7-ish a while ago.[/QUOTE]

I told the clerk I thought I heard them being cleared out at $2 each. So I'm hoping the manager will just go with it and give them to me at that price. Or better yet, give them to me for free.

Any thoughts on if they would still even work? Or do you think they would have expired by now?

im new to sears clearance so sorry for the noob questions
are these clearance gaming items shown on the sears website?
And where would these clearance items be located? is there an area within the store?
And will it automatically ring up the clearance price if I bring in a game to the register? or will I have to tell them it's on clearance?

again I apologize for the noob questions. the OP does not have any info on it

[quote name='mikeworld']im new to sears clearance so sorry for the noob questions
are these clearance gaming items shown on the sears website?
And where would these clearance items be located? is there an area within the store?
And will it automatically ring up the clearance price if I bring in a game to the register? or will I have to tell them it's on clearance?

again I apologize for the noob questions. the OP does not have any info on it[/QUOTE]

None of these would be online. It's all in store only and YMMV. At my Sears the stuff I've been getting lately still has old high prices on it and I typically just walk it over to a price check machine and start scanning hoping to find a gem. Anything in the case or secured you'll have to find a clerk to price check. What's worked best for me is to go off the gut feeling that if it looks like its been there a while to check it.

Went to my local sears looking to get the ps3 move bundle for $15, walked out with the move bundle and 2 flame red 3ds for $143 total. They still had 2 more flame red 3ds' for $60 each at the sears in ft myers fl.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I told the clerk I thought I heard them being cleared out at $2 each. So I'm hoping the manager will just go with it and give them to me at that price. Or better yet, give them to me for free.

Any thoughts on if they would still even work? Or do you think they would have expired by now?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they have a date on them. Just make sure they activate them at the register.

Went looking for the Bluetooth which they didn't have but left with the Move bundle and a USB car adapter for $20 (+ tax) total.

Interesting thing I observed was that they seem to be testing a program with iPads. The cashier basically rang up my purchase twice - for real on the register and simulated on the tablet. I have a hard enough time finding a cashier as it is in their stores and they want to make them mobile?!

[quote name='kraftwerks']I went to Eastern Hills today...[/QUOTE] He could have just been trying to make small talk. Speaking from experience, he may have just been giving you the benefit of the doubt by repeating himself thinking that you just didn't hear him rather than rudely ignoring him. Management doesn't care what you do with the product as long as you don't return it. Cashiers typically just flat out don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a Move bundle for $14.97 and also picked up a Vita USB Cable which was marked at $4.97 but ran up at $2.97.

Couldn't think of anything better to spend my free $5 I got from SYWR on which expire tomorrow.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Got a Move bundle for $14.97 and also picked up a Vita USB Cable which was marked at $4.97 but ran up at $2.97.

Couldn't think of anything better to spend my free $5 I got from SYWR on which expire tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Which move bundle is it?

[quote name='Stanley the Bugman']

He could have just been trying to make small talk. Speaking from experience, he may have just been giving you the benefit of the doubt by repeating himself thinking that you just didn't hear him rather than rudely ignoring him. Management doesn't care what you do with the product as long as you don't return it. Cashiers typically just flat out don't care.[/QUOTE]

He obviously cared very much!
If he didn't care, he could just scan the item, charge me, collect, and let me leave.
I wasn't there for a haircut or to get a cocktail. The situation doesn't merit any conversation beyond "how are you today?"

[quote name='maxpower0965']Which move bundle is it?[/QUOTE]

It's the Sports Champions / Medieval Moves bundle - this one.

The UPC is 711719983934, in case anybody needs it.

[quote name='Stanley the Bugman']Went looking for the Bluetooth which they didn't have but left with the Move bundle and a USB car adapter for $20 (+ tax) total.

Interesting thing I observed was that they seem to be testing a program with iPads. The cashier basically rang up my purchase twice - for real on the register and simulated on the tablet. I have a hard enough time finding a cashier as it is in their stores and they want to make them mobile?!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they had that at my store too. I couldn't help but think such a cool technology is wasted on a useless store like Sears.

[quote name='Rocketsfan']Just went to my local sears. Had the flame red 3ds come up regular price, guess this isnt at all sears?[/QUOTE]

Small box or big box? All the clearance 3DS's are on the larger 1st wave boxes.

bread's done
Back