Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='thelonepig']Except this is the Sears Clearance Thread, not the Sears Clearance Video Game Thread.[/QUOTE]

Actually not to be a dick, but I have to defend the other guy here.

ITS A VIDEO GAME DEALS FORUM!!!

[quote name='thelonepig']Except this is the Sears Clearance Thread, not the Sears Clearance Video Game Thread.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause: Well said. We talk about TV's and all sorts of other clearance in the Kmart thread, so why not talk about the other clearance deals in here? If anything, I wanna know if the clearance clothing has reached 90% off yet cuz I could do with a new jacket or two for $4-5 each.:D

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']
Also, Sony a300 DSLR was 194.97 :)[/QUOTE]
Ooh. I've been wanting a cheap DSLR to play with ever since Afrika :p I'm definitely going to have to check them out tomorrow and hope I can find one!

I went to my closest Sears the other day. They had lots of great games, but not a single one rang up @ any clearance (or good) price. The only exception to that might have been Dirt 2, which rang up $20 or $30...I forget. Even @ $30 it is cheaper than Amazon currently. I saw a clearance shelf tag for Oblivion GOTY :ps3: for $14.99 but they were all gone! :bomb:

I have it for PC already, but it would be been nice to pick it up for :ps3: for that price.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I went to my closest Sears the other day. They had lots of great games, but not a single one rang up @ any clearance (or good) price. The only exception to that might have been Dirt 2, which rang up $20 or $30...I forget. Even @ $30 it is cheaper than Amazon currently. I saw a clearance shelf tag for Oblivion GOTY :ps3: for $14.99 but they were all gone! :bomb:

I have it for PC already, but it would be been nice to pick it up for :ps3: for that price.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the original version for like $7 or so from TRU a loooong time ago. I played it for all of about 30-60 minutes and I still hated it even though I could now take my time with it. I don't know what it is, I love third person action/rpg games, but put it in a first person perspective and I can't stand it.

The third person perspective they had in the game felt 'forced' and awkward to say the least.

I was hoping that the Eye Of Judgement bundles would've survived around here till the magical $1.97 pricepoint, but they all disappeared the one weekend when they had that extra percentage off thing.:cry:

[quote name='soul in a jar']Spiderman Friend or Foe is a really great game for younger gamers. It gets extremely repetitive quickly, though. A very easy 1000 gamer points, if you play for those.[/QUOTE]

Im not familiar with the program...what do I do...play something to get points?
how does this work?

[quote name='biggreenmold']spiderman fof on sale for 360 also? saw it for ps2 for 5 the other day[/QUOTE]

Only way to know is to scan the barcode, even if someone on here says its $5, it still might be YMMV at your store.

Anyway, as its March on Monday, we may be getting fresh markdowns next week. Next Friday a good bet? $15 Metroid/Fallout etc? $2 Pikmin :D ?

I'm waiting for the clothes to drop a bit more, they haven't dropped in a long time and the prices are still too high and they have tons of stuff left at the stores near me.

If there were a lot of clearance games to talk about that would be different then we could talk about games all day long here however most stores only have a handful of clearance games and its pretty hard to have a lengthy discussion about that.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Only way to know is to scan the barcode, even if someone on here says its $5, it still might be YMMV at your store.

Anyway, as its March on Monday, we may be getting fresh markdowns next week. Next Friday a good bet? $15 Metroid/Fallout etc? $2 Pikmin :D ?[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, then I know where I'm headed next week. A return/rebuy of Fallout 3 GOTY is in order if it drops to $15.:D

[quote name='ferant316']Yep new markdowns next Friday. I have a 2 page list that I left at work. I know fallout goty goes $19.97, as do wet and dirt 2.[/QUOTE]

Fallout GOTY 19.97? Damn hope I can find the receipt from a couple of days ago, and I really hope metroid drops :)

PS3

I went to a Sears I haven't been to in months and as usual did horrible thanks to everything being YMMV. Rockband pedal, full price, Smackdown 2009 on PS2, stickered for $9.97, scanned for $19.99 at the price checker (I was hoping it was lower than $9.97), and a bunch of other games (Prince of Persia 360, NHL 09 PS3, Lips etc.) all full price.

couple of questions. The 360 version of Fallout 3 GOTY is also clearanced right? I assumed it was...

Also why do some people want another Rockband drum petal? One of the stores I went to had it for 4.97, but does everyone really want anther pedal due to their old one breaking or what???

[quote name='ferant316']Yep new markdowns next Friday. I have a 2 page list that I left at work. I know fallout goty goes $19.97, as do wet and dirt 2.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I hope they actually do those markdowns next Friday, since the Sears I picked up the copy of FO3 GOTY for PS3 from still had one in stock as of last night.

They moved it out of the combination PS3/360 game case now though and into these other cases, along with the copy of Bioshock for PS3 that SHOULD have been fuckin' $1.97 or even $.97, but I guess they marked it back up since it scanned $19.99 the last time I checked it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sweet. I hope they actually do those markdowns next Friday, since the Sears I picked up the copy of FO3 GOTY for PS3 from still had one in stock as of last night.

They moved it out of the combination PS3/360 game case now though and into these other cases, along with the copy of Bioshock for PS3 that SHOULD have been fuckin' $1.97 or even $.97, but I guess they marked it back up since it scanned $19.99 the last time I checked it.[/QUOTE]

fuck are you serious!?! I went to my local sears and bio shock was still $19.99 for me, too, but I'm gonna watch it like a vulture if I can get it for under $5!

I went on Thursday to see if they had got any copies of BF:BC2 in, but they didn't - hopefully they'll be on the tues. truck. Anyone know if it's gonna be hard/impossible to get them to PM the ad @ We 'B' Toyz which gives you 50% off certain games w/ purchase?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Bioshock was taken off clearance, it is $19.99 now[/QUOTE]

I know it was, since I picked up a copy at some lower price about 6 months or so ago. Then I was watching the price and hoping it would drop all the way to a buck or whatever. Then all copies around here disappeared and when they reappeared, they were coming up $19.99.:bomb:

So, is success on a return/rebuy a YMMV thing at Sears, or do most Sears accept this as common practice?

Do you just need to bring in the receipt?

Stopped in at Sears today to watch the overtime period of the US v. CAN gold medal game and didn't find much.

I was asked to leave Diamond Castle by the mexican there where I was watching the game because I was evidently interfering with all one customer that they had...

I was out doing craigslist business and happened to be at the mall during the end of the 3rd period(saw the tying goal) and overtime.

Yes. He spoke English with a slight Mexican accent, so I'm guessing he is from there or has parents from there.

Stopped into the local Sears today to see if they had any decent deals on games. Struck out in that department. However on my way out I saw a clearance rack with a big ass jug of cobalt chloride ice melt for only $3.50 so I grabbed it.

I was at a Sears earlier and found they have the Xbox 360 wireless controller on sale for $39.99. Says regular price is $49.99.

[quote name='XClaude']I was at a Sears earlier and found they have the Xbox 360 wireless controller on sale for $39.99. Says regular price is $49.99.[/QUOTE]

LOL, Sears fail. $39.99 is the regular price for these everywhere.

Only "electronics" clearance that I saw wasn't game-related. Their blu-ray Soundstage videos were $10 ($25 originally). Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, Seal, Best of Soundstage, and an empty holder for Foreigner. Also available online or with in-store pickup.

[quote name='dinovelvet']LOL, Sears fail. $39.99 is the regular price for these everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Um . . . Tell that to Best Buy and Amazon, who also have it "on sale" for $39.99 and $29.99 respectively currently, down from a regular/list price of $49.99.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I hope they do the updates today, so I can return/rebuy Fallout 3 GOTY for $20.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it usually happen on the first Friday of the month...?

[quote name='dinovelvet']Doesn't it usually happen on the first Friday of the month...?[/QUOTE]

I checked tonight and Fallout 3 GOTY was still $29.97. I also checked Fight Night Round 3 and that was $19.99 and NOT $4.97.:roll:

I was kinda hoping they did the markdowns earlier than Friday for once. If that is the case though, I should be back by the Sears I picked up FO3 GOTY from on Friday night and maybe I'll pick up the other copy there if it's $20 on Friday.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Why are you checking today IATCAG, you of all people should know Friday is markdowns![/QUOTE]
That's not what my store said. They told me a while back that they usually do game mark downs on Tuesday. I'm still waiting for a star ocean the first departure to drop.

Im really looking forward to seeing what drops for Friday. Hopefully we can get early confirmations before I head there after work.

[quote name='Dahk']Im really looking forward to seeing what drops for Friday. Hopefully we can get early confirmations before I head there after work.[/QUOTE]

From the little amount of info given I'm guessing a lot of the $29.97 titles will fall to $19.97.

[quote name='Josef']From the little amount of info given I'm guessing a lot of the $29.97 titles will fall to $19.97.[/QUOTE]

Works for me. Hopefully my Sears wont give me any shit about wanting to return/rebuy

Someone reported that the 360 version of Fallout 3 GOTY dropped to $14.97 at Kmart in the clearance thread there, but I think they may have meant to put that in here since it's been ringing up $60 for everyone who price checked it at Kmart. If that's the case, then I'm going to go and do a return/rebuy whenever I get to a Sears.

erehwon said a bit earlier in the thread that the drops may have happened on Tuesday(a day after I checked:bomb:), so I would check now.

If that's the case, I know where I'm going.

bread's done
Back