Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I just got a Wii recently, so I'm keeping an eye out for some of the better titles. Thankfully I'm not into Mario games anymore, so I don't have to bother with those. Right now I got all eyes on Madworld.[/QUOTE]

Madworld has a cool concept, but it gets old really fast. Honestly, you're better off with the Mario games.

But really, the one that you should be grabbing in the current Sears clearance (if you can still find it) is Muramasa.

i saw a couple games for 19.xx that i thought were a decent deal i saw wolfenstien for ps3 and motostorm pacific drift, and dirt 2 for both consoles and wet for both consoles

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks IATCG, I'll look for Dirt 2 the next time I go, it trades in for $25 at GS, so I can always flip it after I finish the game. I have Motorstorm for PSP, but never got the chance to play it on a big console. And same here, I don't really count Wii or 360 as I don't have those systems so I've fallen out of touch with values since I sold my 360.

Also, I bought the last two Hot Shots PS3 for $4.97 already, they were just going to sit there if I didn't rescue them!

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Right now I got all eyes on Madworld.[/QUOTE]
very good game.

try A Boy and his Blob and Zack and Wiki.

wouldnt it be nice to pick up AB&HB for $4.97?

is it friday yet? is it friday yet? is it friday yet? :bouncy:

if you want to get a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition and waiting for another price drop , it will be too late since slickdeals and fatw already have threads about these games. don't be so stingy get them for 19.99

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I've heard about Zack and Wiki, but never really looked into it. Heard it was like Tales of Monkey Island though. True?[/QUOTE]
yeah. i never really thought of it that way but it is very similar to it. its cheaper at GS ($12.99 + edge) than it is at sears. but then again its more collectible to have a fresh new copy rather than a beat up, sticker-raped gamestop copy.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Nothing Update this week :([/QUOTE]

I'll still be checking my Sears on the 9th. There is a PC lounge right next to the electronics section so I will be able to update you guys as soon as I find out.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I'll still be checking my Sears on the 9th. There is a PC lounge right next to the electronics section so I will be able to update you guys as soon as I find out.[/QUOTE]

Neato.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Thanks IATCG, I'll look for Dirt 2 the next time I go, it trades in for $25 at GS, so I can always flip it after I finish the game. I have Motorstorm for PSP, but never got the chance to play it on a big console. And same here, I don't really count Wii or 360 as I don't have those systems so I've fallen out of touch with values since I sold my 360.

Also, I bought the last two Hot Shots PS3 for $4.97 already, they were just going to sit there if I didn't rescue them![/QUOTE]

I hope you are going to do this to those hot shots golf games...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257843

Went to my local sears today- They had Fallout 3 GOTY for 29.99 and I check the SOCOM Bundle and it rang up at 59.99 :(

Quick question if someone can please answer:

If I buy a game on clearance, say, Fallout 3 GOTY for $10, and later this month I find out that it dropped the price to $5, can I take my receipt and get a refund on the difference? And if yes, can I do it with just the receipt alone (i.e. without the physical game since it'd be gifted away by then)? I'm talking in the realm of under 30 days. Thanks!

[quote name='callmewoof']Quick question if someone can please answer:

If I buy a game on clearance, say, Fallout 3 GOTY for $10, and later this month I find out that it dropped the price to $5, can I take my receipt and get a refund on the difference? And if yes, can I do it with just the receipt alone (i.e. without the physical game since it'd be gifted away by then)? I'm talking in the realm of under 30 days. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Maybe yes, maybe no. Most cases you will need the physical game to get the price adjustment, and it really depends on the employee if they will do it for you period.

Checked out my Sears this afternoon (Troy, MI) and found Muramasa stickered at $29.99, but it rang up for $19.99.

I know it's silly but I can't help but crack a smile every time a cashier rings me up and the computer shows a lower price than the sticker.

[quote name='Seraph830']Checked out my Sears this afternoon (Troy, MI) and found Muramasa stickered at $29.99, but it rang up for $19.99.

I know it's silly but I can't help but crack a smile every time a cashier rings me up and the computer shows a lower price than the sticker.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. But to a more extreme extent. Ive had a stack of games that were all stickered 49.99 ring up between 2-5$ before. Thats when the employee grabs the manager because its just too crazy for them to handle!! (you know, too crazy to handle the fact they missed 5 straight markdowns!)

Kind of surprised that nothing's leaked out by now about any drops....unless they're not worth talking about. Fingers crossed, though. My local has a decent amount of last month's drops just waiting to fall farther...

[quote name='callmewoof']Quick question if someone can please answer:

If I buy a game on clearance, say, Fallout 3 GOTY for $10, and later this month I find out that it dropped the price to $5, can I take my receipt and get a refund on the difference? And if yes, can I do it with just the receipt alone (i.e. without the physical game since it'd be gifted away by then)? I'm talking in the realm of under 30 days. Thanks![/QUOTE]

They only allow price adjustments(if your local Sears even does it on clearance)within 14 days. I think it's right on the receipt or on their website that the period for adjustments is only 14 days.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They only allow price adjustments(if your local Sears even does it on clearance)within 14 days. I think it's right on the receipt or on their website that the period for adjustments is only 14 days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It'd be nice if they have this month's price drop in a couple days. I hope just the receipt is enough though as the physical game is already packaged. >.

Do the price drops go into effect immediately at store open or do the employees have to update the system for the prices to be adjusted?

[quote name='boneless']I know we're all excited :applause:. But I thought we normally got some idea ahead of time of what's dropping?[/QUOTE]

Odds are most of the stuff already on clearance will drop another $5/$10, possibly with a couple of megadrops like Hot Shots golf going from $20 to $5. Anything new that's on clearance is going to start at $30 so those won't be very exciting just yet.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Odds are most of the stuff already on clearance will drop another $5/$10, possibly with a couple of megadrops like Hot Shots golf going from $20 to $5. Anything new that's on clearance is going to start at $30 so those won't be very exciting just yet.[/QUOTE]

Ummm....Hot Shots Golf(for PS3) is already $5 at many Sears stores.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ummm....Hot Shots Golf(for PS3) is already $5 at many Sears stores.:D[/QUOTE]

Ummm...I was using it as a previous example of a big drop that may happen.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Ummm...I was using it as a previous example of a big drop that may happen.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize that. I'm going on like 5 hours sleep for the past 2 days, so I think I'm a little bit in a fog.:razz: Plus I've got a bit of a cold too.:cry:

[quote name='Tyga24']Do the price drops go into effect immediately at store open or do the employees have to update the system for the prices to be adjusted?[/QUOTE]

good question

anybody heading out first thing in the morning?
I would but my buddy gets off work at 1pm and wants to go with me
so ima be a good friend and wait on him
he is hooked on my deal since he got lips for $5
thx cag

How come the main clearance list of games on page 1 isn't updated anymore?
I havent' been to sears in a long time and would like to go, but don't know what the current list of clearance games are!!!

Read the damn thread instead of being lazy!

EDIT: for some reason this ended up above the post I was replying to.

[quote name='sandrshe']How come the main clearance list of games on page 1 isn't updated anymore?
I havent' been to sears in a long time and would like to go, but don't know what the current list of clearance games are!!![/QUOTE]

Purposefully kept that way for a reason. Makes so the list isn't easy to copy and paste to other sites (SD and FW), giving CAG a better chance of finding the items, since most people who copy lists aren't looking to do the legwork to find everything.

[quote name='sandrshe']Ok. I understand the reason, but dang...
I don't just wanna go for hot shots...what else is good?[/QUOTE]

No drops for today have been posted yet, if you want to know what dropped last month take everyone else's advice and read the thread.

I'll be headed to sears after work this evening, hoping for a few more huge drops like Hot Shots...

bread's done
Back