Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I found a Jazz 5 MP digital camcorder for $13.97. I guess it's the same one that was $49.99 at K-Mart during Black Friday.

16416_1258568066.jpg

[quote name='trent82'] i don't understand how that place stays in business.[/QUOTE]They stay in business because someone is buying the stuff. Get up earlier you fuckin whiner!

I got Viva Pinata for $2.97; a boy and his blob, Lego RockBand, Motor Storm Pacific Rift for $9.97 each. I wanted Muramasa and Metroid but they were out.

wow, was very happy with my resutls, 4 games for $28.88

Hawx (360) $12.97
Wet (PS3) $9.97
Viva Pinata (PH) $2.97
Viva Pinata TiP $2.97

both the Viva Pinata's were stickered $4.97, so I was very happy when they scanned in cheaper. Man, gotta stay on top of Sears more often. Most around my work and one near house never have clearance. the one I got to go today has a dedicated clearance area w/ all these titles mentioned and then some!

Spotted Lost Planet 2 at the one I checked at.(Rolling Acres Mall in Akron, OH)

That said, I didn't try to purchase it since it was in the case and I have no interest in it.

Went back and grabbed Wolfenstein for 9.97. Was a fan of the original, and a fan of Return to Castle Wolf on the PC, no reason to miss this one.

I lulz cause after I accepted a position in the electronics department, I went right over to the electronics section and had them pricecheck Wolfenstein (marked 49.99 still and like most employees they insist its marked right)... this employee should enjoy finding out next week im his coworker :)

[quote name='xDerekRx']Went back and grabbed Wolfenstein for 9.97. Was a fan of the original, and a fan of Return to Castle Wolf on the PC, no reason to miss this one.

I lulz cause after I accepted a position in the electronics department, I went right over to the electronics section and had them pricecheck Wolfenstein (marked 49.99 still and like most employees they insist its marked right)... this employee should enjoy finding out next week im his coworker :)[/QUOTE]

LOL .. find a game that like .97 and ask for employee discount LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

[quote name='trent82']i don't know why i even try anymore, but i decided to check sears today to see if any of the good games being discussed here were on sale. and of course, everything had already been taken.

it's really no surprise. a few months ago, i talked to one of the employees and he said that the other employees always take the good stuff as soon as they mark it down and the rest gets bought up by some local hoarder who has bought 15+ games at a time in the past. i don't understand how that place stays in business.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, IatCG is in PA too right?

[quote name='shoe478']Hmmmm, IatCG is in PA too right?[/QUOTE]

Yes he is. Do you have your official Jr Detective kit yet? :p

Went to three different Sears today and found the following:

$9.97 Wolfenstein PS3 x4 ($20 to Dealtree)
$12.97 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 PS3 x2 ($20 to Dealtree or Gazelle)
$1.97 Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds PS3 x2 ($20 to Dealtree!)
$0.97 Imagine Family Doctor x2 ($9 to Dealtree or Gazelle)
$2.97* Viva Pinata TiP 360 ($9.80 after bonuses at Gamestop)
$9.97 Wario Land Shake it Wii (actually keeping this one lol)

Total Spent $90.16
Getting $178 from Dealtree, $9.80 from Gamestop and keeping Wario Land. Not a bad day. Considering on going to a few more Sears farther out on Monday.

*This one seems to be YMMV. First store, no copies but my bar code scanned $2.97. Second store, one copy, scanned at $2.97. Third store, two copies, scanned at $19.99 :cry: (and yes, other clearance items were ringing up what they should have been aka $1.97 Hot Shots ect). Bar code numbers looked the same, only thing I noticed different was that the $2.97 copy had a Family Games sticker on it while the $19.99 copies did not.

[quote name='dabamus']Yes he is. Do you have your official Jr Detective kit yet? :p[/QUOTE]

Don't you have some empty game cases to sell or something?

[quote name='shoe478']Don't you have some empty game cases to sell or something?[/QUOTE]

Is that comment supposed to mean something? I'm slowly selling them.

Anyways, I'm working for the federal government now, so that's only a side job. (Census takers FTW)

Dabamus -- did you clear out the rolling acres sears? wondering if you saw muramosa there, only title i'm looking for from this drop.

Nope. I didn't buy anything. I was looking only for LRB :ps3: and FO3 GOTY :ps3: since I saw both there last time I was there, but those two were gone.

I didn't happen to notice if muramosa was there or not. All I remember seeing is UT3 :360:, Wolfenstein for 360, I believe, and Viva Pinata. None of the new markdowns had been marked though.(there were still APR stickers on everything)

[quote name='shoe478']Hmmmm, IatCG is in PA too right?[/QUOTE]

Hey now. I only usually hoard free Best Buy games or penny guides(or the $10 Rocketfish controllers from BB;)). Anything over $5-10 is outta my league, as I'd rather not waste the money and have it sit here.

[quote name='daminion']Dabamus -- did you clear out the rolling acres sears? wondering if you saw muramosa there, only title i'm looking for from this drop.[/QUOTE]

Chapel Hill doesn't have Muramasa either

just flipped imagine family doctor (DS - $0.97 from sears) to game stop for $6.30 w/ edge card

also saw lego rockband, motorstorm pr, bakugan and wolfenstein for 9.97 all for ps3

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Chapel Hill doesn't have Muramasa either[/QUOTE]

Quick aside for you and him: Mass Effect 2 CE new at the Arlington Rd. Target as of 6PM tonight. 1 copy there.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Chapel Hill doesn't have Muramasa either[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Saves me the trip. Will have to check the Cleveland locations next week during lunch.

[quote name='darkslime']They stay in business because someone is buying the stuff. Get up earlier you fuckin whiner![/QUOTE]

selective reading? lets try this again. A SEARS EMPLOYEE told me that the EMPLOYEES buy up the good stuff AS SOON AS THEY MARK IT DOWN and the rest usually gets bought up by a local hoarder.

so, are you telling me that i should get up earlier to buy the good games that aren't there or the mediocre games that i have no interest in playing? maybe it makes sense to buy garbage for the people that try to use cheap games for trade in deals, but i'm just looking for a deal on a few good games that i would like to play.

Today I picked up:
:wii: Medieval Games $2.97
:wii: Muramasa 9.97.
PS3 pacific rift 9.97
The last two I picked up for 14.97 last month kept my receipt in my wallet. walked back in and returned the two I just bouught for 14.97 each.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hey now. I only usually hoard free Best Buy games or penny guides(or the $10 Rocketfish controllers from BB;)). Anything over $5-10 is outta my league, as I'd rather not waste the money and have it sit here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just messing around with ya. I forgot the :D

[quote name='trent82']selective reading? lets try this again. A SEARS EMPLOYEE told me that the EMPLOYEES buy up the good stuff AS SOON AS THEY MARK IT DOWN and the rest usually gets bought up by a local hoarder.

so, are you telling me that i should get up earlier to buy the good games that aren't there or the mediocre games that i have no interest in playing? maybe it makes sense to buy garbage for the people that try to use cheap games for trade in deals, but i'm just looking for a deal on a few good games that i would like to play.[/QUOTE]

Buy them when they're more expensive, take them to a different store further away and hope the hoarder and employees there aren't doing the same thing?

That's about the only suggestion I can give you, but it might work.

I've been tempted to buy up all of the $5 clearance games at a Kmart down the road from me and bring them all to my closest one and return them once I know the new updates are in effect(hoping they go to $1.99 each:D). Then I'll rebuy all dem shitz.:applause:

[quote name='JediJames2']Went to three different Sears today and found the following:

$9.97 Wolfenstein PS3 x4 ($20 to Dealtree)

=/Quote]
damn my sears has no copies what so ever of wolfenstein for ps3 lucky!!!

If you are talking about getting a barcode to scan specific games without getting workers to scan them, then just go to half.com and get the UPC number of a game you are looking for. Google "Barcode Generator" and input that UPC number in one of those sites. Print that barcode up and you can price check any game this way at a B&M store without having to deal with employees.

[quote name='addicted2games']If you are talking about getting a barcode to scan specific games without getting workers to scan them, then just go to half.com and get the UPC number of a game you are looking for. Google "Barcode Generator" and input that UPC number in one of those sites. Print that barcode up and you can price check any game this way at a B&M store without having to deal with employees.[/QUOTE]

awesome! that's exactly what i was talking about. The sears near me have their games isolated with sensors to the entrance and thus unable to bring the games out to the price scanner. this would make it so much easier since the employees there are a bit reluctant to help scan. thanks you for the great help!! :D

Today picked up Singstar Vol. 2 Bundle for PS3 x2 at $4.97, anyone know of a good place to flip them? Didn't see any Dirt 2 for PS3, saw WET for 360 scanned at $12.97 but passed for now.

I was in Knoxville, TN today, and I went by a couple Sears to see if I could find anything. The first I went to had a bin of the clearance games, which had a couple Muramasas, Wolfenstein, and a few other "good" titles. Otherwise, the cases were dried out, so I left empty-handed. The other one was completely different, though, and had the worst layout of a retail store I've ever seen for the games. Instead of having one rack for each game and putting the rest on the bottom, they were thrown pretty much wherever. If they weren't in cases, it would be one thing for me to shuffle through them to see what I could find, but I felt like too much of a dick to make the old guy with the key let me sift through all the games I couldn't make out very well.

Anyway, I DID, out of the corner of my eye, manage to catch a FFIV DS at the very back of a rack of DS games, which rang up at $5. I'm pretty happy for finding it at that price. :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Buy them when they're more expensive, take them to a different store further away and hope the hoarder and employees there aren't doing the same thing?

That's about the only suggestion I can give you, but it might work.[/QUOTE]
if that works for other people, that's fine, but i think that is much further than i'm willing to take this. the main thing i wanted today was ninja gaiden sigma 2...i'll just wait and buy it from amazon when the price eventually drops.

Picked up :wii:A Boy and his Blob for $9.97 today. Not a whole lot of the current drops at my local store anymore. But I did actually have a nice employee open the case and offer to scan any games I wanted because he knew the price tags were probable inaccurate.

Was at a Sears in Vero Beach, Fla., today and got the following.

Wet PS3: 10
Boy and His Blob Wii: 10
Dirt 2 PS3: 13
MUA2 PS3: 10
NBA 2K9 PS3: 10

They had 2 copies of Muramasa (I already got it) and some other ones, at least 2 copies of Pacific Rift, too, which is a great game.

Just bought Dirt 2 (PS3) for $13 and Wolfenstein (PS3) for $10. I'm having buyer's remorse for Wolfenstein. Might return it tomorrow.

Just came back from my sears... I didn't see anything in the ps3 section I think they sold out. I did see bakugan for 9.99 even though it was priced at 39.99. I was hoping for sigma 2, dirt 2 , pacific rift and wolfenstein but none were in stock. DAMN!

oh yea and forgot to mention i found wolfenstein for 360 in the clearance cart with the shrinkwrap torn so i peeked inside and behold it was a blank CD

picked up more imagine family doctors (ds - $0.97 x 5), flipped them at different GS, now i have enough for modnation racers or RDR

hmmmm....decisions....decisions....

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Just bought Dirt 2 (PS3) for $13 and Wolfenstein (PS3) for $10. I'm having buyer's remorse for Wolfenstein. Might return it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I actually found Wolfenstein to be one of the better shooters of this generation.

A few LocoRoco 2s at my Sears for $4.97. Still had a few Smackdown v Raw 08s (PS3) for $4.97, Motorstorm: PR, Bakugan, M:UA2 (PS3) all at $9.97. TC:HAWX (PS3) for $19.97. Grabbed the last copy of Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise for $2.97. Not sure why... as I don't even have a 360. But at $3, I couldn't seem to pass it up.

Oh... also grabbed some $4.97 clearance feety jammies for my daughter. Win!

Got a bunch of motorstorm and dirt 2. The kid said they had a bunch more in back...he asked what I was looking for. He found me a 9.97 fallout 3 GOTY and a box cutter damaged ninja gaiden sigma 2, which I left. Viva pinata tip was 19.97.

[quote name='aleraiders']picked up more imagine family doctors (ds - $0.97 x 5), flipped them at different GS, now i have enough for modnation racers or RDR

hmmmm....decisions....decisions....[/QUOTE]

How much does Gamestop give? I was planning to trade them into the Dealtree powered Ebay trade in for $9 a pop.

Really hope I can find a store loaded with them, found 4 of them plus a copy of Wario Land.

Just a thought here, but it would be nice if we could get the Sears stock # on the games that you guys are finding. You can actually call Sears and ask for inventory if you have that stock #. It's not the UPC, it's a 8-10 digit number on the price tag.

I'm curious for one the # for Imagine Family Doctor if anyone has it. I'll pull the #'s from my finds too if anyone is interested.

[quote name='Drkirby']How much does Gamestop give? I was planning to trade them into the Dealtree powered Ebay trade in for $9 a pop.

Really hope I can find a store loaded with them, found 4 of them plus a copy of Wario Land.[/QUOTE]

gamestop gives $6.30 w/ edge card, so i would suggestion dealtree, sears and gamestop are in the same mall, so i just dropped them off

im going to check some more sears, and trade them off to amazon ($9 also), if i can get any more

bread's done
Back