Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Picked up
:360:Viva Pinata $2.97
:360:TNA Impact $1.97 (which I traded in for $4.20 at GS)
Pretty weak actually I saw the :ps3:Singstar bundle but it wrang up for $15 and :wii:Pikmin which wrang up OOS so they said they had to sell it for $10... :bomb:

I found Ninja Gaiden 2 for PS3 today at Sears for 12.97,
A boy and his Blob (wii) 9.97
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (ps3) 9.97
Viva Pinata platinum hits (360) 2.97
Too Human (360) 12.97
Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes (360) 4.97
WOOT

Sears also discounts all their departments this crazy, I have picked up real cheap power tools and even a discounted Kuerig coffee maker for cheap- So be sure to look for those pink clearance stickers all around the store.

[quote name='rocko34']Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes (360) 4.97[/QUOTE]
Ooooh, nice. I may have to see if my Sears has any at that price. If the GS TIV is still at $7, it might make a decent flip. :D Thanks for the heads up.

Also, I hate to be "that guy" but I've looked back quite a bit and there seems to be mixed replies. Is the clearance date the FIRST Friday of the month, or the first Friday of a full week in the month? Put simply, will the clearance day for June be the 3rd or the 10th? :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Also, I hate to be "that guy" but I've looked back quite a bit and there seems to be mixed replies. Is the clearance date the FIRST Friday of the month, or the first Friday of a full week in the month? Put simply, will the clearance day for June be the 3rd or the 10th? :p[/QUOTE]

good question, i just go on the first friday of the month, no matter which day it falls on, im guessing thats why some stores/people say 1st or 2nd friday of each month (depending if during the week the month changes), but i go on the 1st friday

Darn, so by 1 day that means we have to wait an extra week. Next month is going to be crazy if the $9.97 stuff drops to $4.97 (unless it is a game I really want, $4.97 is the price I wait for when there are games that look interesting but not something that is a must buy for me).

Picked up Wario Land: Shake It for $9.99, didn't really need the game, but I figured it would be good trade fodder.

I was sorely disappointed that the only copy of Muramasa (still tagged at $49.99), rung up as $19.99 instead of the $9.99 everyone else seems to be getting. There was also a tag for Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, for $9.99, but no copies in sight.

Anyone wanna swap a copy of Muramasa for Wario Land: Shake it? :)

[quote name='dabamus']I believe the sears employee said it's the first friday of the month in the first full week.[/QUOTE]
All right, so I guess that means the 10th. Thanks. :)

[quote name='afultz075']Picked up Wario Land: Shake It for $9.99, didn't really need the game, but I figured it would be good trade fodder.

I was sorely disappointed that the only copy of Muramasa (still tagged at $49.99), rung up as $19.99 instead of the $9.99 everyone else seems to be getting. There was also a tag for Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, for $9.99, but no copies in sight.

Anyone wanna swap a copy of Muramasa for Wario Land: Shake it? :)[/QUOTE]

Where are you located?

First time in this thread and first time checking out a Sears video game clearance. I was hoping for Wario Land: Shake It or Metroid Prime Trilogy. No luck on those, but I did buy A Boy and His Blob which I'd been debating since its release. Can't beat it when they drop below $10. That's impulse buy territory.

Other prices at the central NC Sears I went to:
$9.97 - Wii - A Boy and His Blob
$9.97 - PS3 - Lego Rock Band
$9.97 - PS3 - Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
$9.97 - Wii - Guitar Hero: World Tour
$9.97 - PS3 - Far Cry 2
$12.97 - X360 - Far Cry 2

I like hitting the local Sears every other week or so. Some good deals to be had. I've been doing this since November or so.

Last Friday I finally got my brother to tag along and we decided to go nuts and ask someone to scan games in the case. I had never, ever been approached for help or spoken to before. Sure enough, the kid we found to "help" was a total douche. He scanned White Knight Chronicles - which rang up at 59.99 and then insisted everything was priced as marked.

We were hoping for deals on Bayonetta and Just Cause 2 among other things. They have some really weird, old stuff in the cases. Our glass case adventure was a bust but we did grab a few clearance items before we left though.

A Boy and his Blob and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 were 9.97 and Too Human was 12.97. Muramasa was 9.97 as well but we paid full retail on that one on release day. Whoops.

[quote name='Broseph']I like hitting the local Sears every other week or so. Some good deals to be had. I've been doing this since November or so.

Last Friday I finally got my brother to tag along and we decided to go nuts and ask someone to scan games in the case. I had never, ever been approached for help or spoken to before. Sure enough, the kid we found to "help" was a total douche. He scanned White Knight Chronicles - which rang up at 59.99 and then insisted everything was priced as marked.

We were hoping for deals on Bayonetta and Just Cause 2 among other things. They have some really weird, old stuff in the cases. Our glass case adventure was a bust but we did grab a few clearance items before we left though.

A Boy and his Blob and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 were 9.97 and Too Human was 12.97. Muramasa was 9.97 as well but we paid full retail on that one on release day. Whoops.[/QUOTE]
Unless the games are mentioned as being on clearance at Sears in this thread, chances are you won't get a deal on them.

You might want to try the Blockbuster 'Buy one, get one 50% off' deal going on right now if you don't care if the games are used or new, as I think Bayonetta on both platforms was $29.99 there.

[quote name='Broseph']He scanned White Knight Chronicles - which rang up at 59.99 and then insisted everything was priced as marked. [/QUOTE]
That's why you always ask for a game you've heard has been on clearance before first. ;P

I almost forgot. I went back to one of my local Sears stores and I grabbed the copy of TNA Impact for the Wii that came with the Sting DVD. I'm probably going to keep the DVD and give the game(which is deplorable btw) to my buddies' nieces for their Wii.

[quote name='Broseph']He scanned White Knight Chronicles - which rang up at 59.99 and then insisted everything was priced as marked.

We were hoping for deals on Bayonetta and Just Cause 2 among other things.[/QUOTE]

Why were you expecting deals on any of these titles? None of them have been listed as being on clearance here, and they're all (especially Just Cause 2 -- it's only two months old, and it's sold reasonably well) way too new to have hit the clearance cycle yet. The stuff in the clearance cycle now was released last fall or earlier. All of these are 2010 titles -- maybe they'll start to hit clearance around mid-to-late summer, if we're lucky.

I mean, come on, at least be realistic . . . No wonder he didn't want to scan anything else for you.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I almost forgot. I went back to one of my local Sears stores and I grabbed the copy of TNA Impact for the Wii that came with the Sting DVD. I'm probably going to keep the DVD and give the game(which is deplorable btw) to my buddies' nieces for their Wii.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how much you got it for but I got :360:TNA Impact for $2 and flipped it at GS with bonus 30%+edge for $4 not much just saying

[quote name='josh62488']anybody think there will be drops next friday
or will memorial day cancel it out?[/QUOTE]

Not the Memorial Day holiday itself, per se, but the fact that June doesn't start until Tuesday probably will. Read a few posts up:

[quote name='dabamus']I believe the sears employee said it's the first friday of the month in the first full week.[/QUOTE]

That pretty much confirms what I suspected from what I've observed. It's probably worth someone checking on the 4th, just to be safe, but I would guess it'll probably be the 11th.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Not sure how much you got it for but I got :360:TNA Impact for $2 and flipped it at GS with bonus 30%+edge for $4 not much just saying[/QUOTE]
Did the 360 version have the bonus DVD with it as well? I'm just curious, since I'd buy another copy of it for another platform just for another DVD. The other Wii copy didn't say it had the bonus DVD in it or I would've grabbed that one too.

As far as flipping the game, I knew it was probably worth nothing already, but if I needed another game to pad a tiered trade promo with no minimum value required I'd toss it in there.

If I just bought a clearance game and within 30 days the price drops again, can I go back and get the difference? Anybody have any luck with this?

[quote name='TheYung1']If I just bought a clearance game and within 30 days the price drops again, can I go back and get the difference? Anybody have any luck with this?[/QUOTE]
They only allow price matching and refunding the difference within 15 days of purchase. It's likely you'd have to do a return/rebuy to get the lower price.

My copy of TNA Impact came with the bonus DVD to my surprise. Gonna keep that and trade in my copy for the :360: since I won't need it.

As for my finds, I only found one thing which was:

:ds: Final Fantasy IV

That was the only thing I saw that caught my eye. I did see some TNA Impact for the :wii: but it had that generic sticker that was over the the original bar code. I can only imagine taking off that sticker would give the clearance price, but I decided against it.

--Michael

BTW, anyone need that Final Fantasy IV? Just PM me. :cool:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They only allow price matching and refunding the difference within 15 days of purchase. It's likely you'd have to do a return/rebuy to get the lower price.[/QUOTE]

14 days for pricematching, which requires a manager override (aka, a greater chance to get shot down)

Or 30 days for return/re-buy which does not require a manager override unless you paid with debit and want it back on the card rather than cash.

The return/rebuy is definitely the way to go, especially since most managers try to come up with some bullshit reason that clearance video games fall under the category of "clearance clothing"

[quote name='TheWooz']I hit 2 Sears today At 1 I got 3 x NDS Image Famimily Doctor for $.97 and at another I got Xbox360 fuzion frenzy 2 for $ 2.97.[/QUOTE]

whats the GS TIV now a days for family doctor???

Picked up a copy of Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise for $4.97.

Not sure if it was worth the hassle though: the cashier took 20 minutes to ring it up under the discount because it was ringing up as $19.99, so he had to get his manager. Strangely, this was the only copy of that game (multiple copies in the box) labeled as such. Then, to make matters worse, the security thing wigged out on me on my way out of the Sears, adding another 20 minutes for them to clear me.

[quote name='WankerJist']Picked up a copy of Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise for $4.97.

Not sure if it was worth the hassle though: the cashier took 20 minutes to ring it up under the discount because it was ringing up as $19.99, so he had to get his manager. Strangely, this was the only copy of that game (multiple copies in the box) labeled as such. Then, to make matters worse, the security thing wigged out on me on my way out of the Sears, adding another 20 minutes for them to clear me.[/QUOTE]

LOL the security alarm alway goes off on me. just the other day when i picked up 5 red bull and 6 imagine doctor. and it did it again when i walked over to FYE ...

[quote name='WankerJist']adding another 20 minutes for them to clear me.[/QUOTE]
Geez, really? On the off chance the alarm goes off for me, an employee just holds my bag for me and asks me to step through the sensors, handing the bag out for me once I'm through. Did they have to call security or something?

Stopped by a Sears at my hometown today and only found:

:psp: Loco Roco 2 x2

They had a ton of games like Bee Movie for the :360: and Mortal Kombat vs. DC for the :ps3: and :360:. However, the latter game was marked at $29.99 and not the good price of $4.97 it was a few months ago. :cry:

--Michael

P.S. Loco Roco is available as well. ;)

[quote name='Civickid96']
They had a ton of games like Bee Movie for the :360: and Mortal Kombat vs. DC for the :ps3: and :360:. However, the latter game was marked at $29.99 and not the good price of $4.97 it was a few months ago. :cry:
[/QUOTE]

From what I've noticed at Sears, if a clearance game gets a MSRP drop then the game in question is removed from the clearance cycle and raised to the new MSRP. First example that comes to mind is Bioshock PS3, which was I believe 4.97 or 9.97 for the longest time, but when the MSRP changed to 19.99 so did the price at all 3 Sears next to me.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Bioshock 9.97 at westview mall[/QUOTE]

hmmmm I hope this is a universal drop...last itme I scanned it at my store it was $19.99

Went to my Sears on Monday and the games that others have been reporting at $2.97 all rang up full price (Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, etc.) Several of the others were behind schedule also, like Motorstorm Pacific Rift at $19.97. :whistle2:(

Next Drop is Friday (obvious I know).

Now that Im in Sears electronics I can hopefully provide some info for cags.

We have a hand scanner that scans the games and gives us the future price of the game and when the price will go into effect.

I scanned about 20 clearance games and all were scheduled to make normal drops this week.

Example 9.97s to 4.97, 12.97s to 9.97 etc (most 14.97 will go to 9.97 though and not 12.97 when I checked)

So far havent figured out a way to get the list for the brand new drops, still messing with some stuff.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Next Drop is Friday (obvious I know).

Now that Im in Sears electronics I can hopefully provide some info for cags.

We have a hand scanner that scans the games and gives us the future price of the game and when the price will go into effect.

I scanned about 20 clearance games and all were scheduled to make normal drops this week.

Example 9.97s to 4.97, 12.97s to 9.97 etc (most 14.97 will go to 9.97 though and not 12.97 when I checked)

So far havent figured out a way to get the list for the brand new drops, still messing with some stuff.[/QUOTE]

This Friday or the 11th?

This Friday. I honestly dont think this pattern has changed in the 4-5 years Ive done Sears clearance. It might have but its also first friday of the new month unless maybe the Friday falls on the first.

My hand scanner actually says the new prices go into effect 6/3/10 which would be Thursday. Ill check to see if thats the case. If not it might mean Thurs night (thus Friday)

I'm going to have to hit the nearby Sears to see if either VP:TiP or BK:N&B made it down to $2.97 this time. They stayed full price for the full month of May.

Drops have happened on a Thursday before a few times (not since 2008), so it is possible that the drops could be tomorrow especially if the scanner says 6/3/10

Man... I can't wait! So... let's make a list of the games that maybe are going to be on sale:

Bioshock PS3... Muramasa... A Boy and His Blob... any other new game, xDerekRx?

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Man... I can't wait! So... let's make a list of the games that maybe are going to be on sale:

Bioshock PS3... Muramasa... A Boy and His Blob... any other new game, xDerekRx?[/QUOTE]

I asked him kindly to post the list. Haha

Like I said earlier, (and other employees have said in recent months) its almost impossible to get a list ahead of time now. Ill certainly search but as of right now all I can do is scan each game and see its future price (price for the next months drop). So its takes more time. But if anyones ever sold in Sears electronics during the summer, there arent too many customers to keep you busy.

All I can say is do some scanning at your local Sears Fri as I probably wont have a list of the brand new drops right of the bat.

bread's done
Back