Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='jlarlee']need something good with target flaming out[/QUOTE]

you mean Target and Kmart. They both have been pretty crappy in terms of clearance games lately. Sears is the only one with decent selection and consistent price drop schedule.

[quote name='xDerekRx']This Friday. I honestly dont think this pattern has changed in the 4-5 years Ive done Sears clearance. It might have but its also first friday of the new month unless maybe the Friday falls on the first.

My hand scanner actually says the new prices go into effect 6/3/10 which would be Thursday. Ill check to see if thats the case. If not it might mean Thurs night (thus Friday)[/QUOTE]

nice...let the hunting begin...

Is anyone going to Sears this morning to see if the price drops take effect today? If anyone goes out and confirms it this morning then I'll head to my Sears and check during (and instead of my) lunch and verify it's active there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be all over it tomorrow but have no idea what to start checking for. Any ideas? I'll be looking for 360 games and be reporting the other systems for you CAGs.

Best place to start would be checking recent clearance games and reporting back the price to see if drops were made at all. That may be easier than trying to guess which games may have gone on clearance for the first time.

For reference, I got the following games yesterday:

:ps3:Motorstorm: Pacific Rift $9.97
:ps3:Ninja Gaiden 2 $12.97
:ps3:Dirt 2 $12.97

Would have loved to hear about the clearance drops coming up this soon beforehand.. but it should only be a matter of a few dollars so it's not that terrible.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Would have loved to hear about the clearance drops coming up this soon beforehand.. but it should only be a matter of a few dollars so it's not that terrible.[/QUOTE]

You have 14 days to go back to the sears you bought them from, with receipt, and have them refund you the difference in the new price, so just wait a couple days for confirmed price drops and you'll be fine. :)

I'll be checking one in an hour or so before I go to work to see what they will have for tomorrow if the prices haven't already dropped and I'll post any finds here. Hopefully RedBull dropped to $0.25 haha.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Next Drop is Friday (obvious I know).

Now that Im in Sears electronics I can hopefully provide some info for cags.

We have a hand scanner that scans the games and gives us the future price of the game and when the price will go into effect.

I scanned about 20 clearance games and all were scheduled to make normal drops this week.

Example 9.97s to 4.97, 12.97s to 9.97 etc (most 14.97 will go to 9.97 though and not 12.97 when I checked)

So far havent figured out a way to get the list for the brand new drops, still messing with some stuff.[/QUOTE]

At what sears are you located at?

[quote name='DustBoogie']Best place to start would be checking recent clearance games and reporting back the price to see if drops were made at all. That may be easier than trying to guess which games may have gone on clearance for the first time.

For reference, I got the following games yesterday:

:ps3:Motorstorm: Pacific Rift $9.97
:ps3:Ninja Gaiden 2 $12.97
:ps3:Dirt 2 $12.97

Would have loved to hear about the clearance drops coming up this soon beforehand.. but it should only be a matter of a few dollars so it's not that terrible.[/QUOTE]

Any more copies of ninja gaiden 2? And what sears did you go to?

[quote name='Vader582']Why? Do you want him fired?[/QUOTE]

Well I don't think they would find him out if he said what state he is in unless they don't have that many sears in the state he is in. If that is the case then I could see the risk in that and of course I would not like him fired.

Wishful thinking but I didn't find anything today. Checked TNA, GH:Smash Hits, Bioshock, Redbull, Uncharted 2, LBPGOTY, but tomorrow I'll be back at the same time

[quote name='mickeyu422']Wishful thinking but I didn't find anything today. Checked TNA, GH:Smash Hits, Bioshock, Redbull, Uncharted 2, LBPGOTY, but tomorrow I'll be back at the same time[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 is on the list or is it wishfull thinking?

Woops I meant Uncharted 1. It has been in the bin for a few months now with no price drop, the same goes for GoW Collection and a few others I have been patiently waiting for. The others I checked were already on clearance but had no further price drop, atleast from what I could tell

The bin just holds their $20 and under games. Not everything in there is marked down.

I checked sears during lunch and found no drops among anything with a May clearance sticker. Will go back tomorrow.

I know this comes off as selfish but does anyone know if Pokemon: Battle Revolution or Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn have been clearanced? I haven't kept up on this thread or the stock at my local Sears but when I stopped in today I noticed a copy of each behind glass. Though as usual there was nobody around to price-check 'em for me.

[quote name='daminion']The bin just holds their $20 and under games. Not everything in there is marked down.

I checked sears during lunch and found no drops among anything with a May clearance sticker. Will go back tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

there should be a clearance stack hidden somewhere. at my local sears it was in the cd-r/ tv section.

Unless some new stuff goes on clearance it's not worth for me to check my nearest store. It was pretty much picked clean a price drop or two ago.

[quote name='solidus_00']Unless some new stuff goes on clearance it's not worth for me to check my nearest store. It was pretty much picked clean a price drop or two ago.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering how you felt about the upcoming drops, thanks for sharing that.

I want to buy Little Big Planet, but I want the original version, not the Game of the Year Edition... yes, I know it offers you more value ($30 in DLC) but still, I want the original...

My Sears has the Game of the Year edition for $29.99 but the original is still $60! WTF...!

But... they are scanning the sticker with the bar code and it rings at $60... so... will there be any difference if they scan the bar code on the cover of the game, or it's the same?

I didn't ask the guy to scan it again again because he was a fucking douche and he even asked me "Are you gonna buy the games or not?" in a very bad manner when I first told him that I wanted to check some prices...

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I want to buy Little Big Planet, but I want the original version, not the Game of the Year Edition... yes, I know it offers you more value ($30 in DLC) but still, I want the original...

My Sears has the Game of the Year edition for $29.99 but the original is still $60! WTF...!

But... they are scanning the sticker with the bar code and it rings at $60... so... will there be any difference if they scan the bar code on the cover of the game, or it's the same?

I didn't ask the guy to scan it again again because he was a fucking douche and he even asked me "Are you gonna buy the games or not?" in a very bad manner when I first told him that I wanted to check some prices...[/QUOTE]
Actually both the original and Game Of The Year editions have gone Greatest Hits and the price for GH titles is typically $29.99. However, as many have said before, MSRP stands for manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price, meaning that stores can(and have) charged more for them.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I want to buy Little Big Planet, but I want the original version, not the Game of the Year Edition... yes, I know it offers you more value ($30 in DLC) but still, I want the original...

I didn't ask the guy to scan it again again because he was a fucking douche and he even asked me "Are you gonna buy the games or not?" in a very bad manner when I first told him that I wanted to check some prices...[/QUOTE]

Is there a specific reason why you don't want the Goty edition? It's superior in every way.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is there a specific reason why you don't want the Goty edition? It's superior in every way.[/QUOTE]

Well... mostly because my OCD... hahaha...

I really don't like to buy games that are Greatest Hits, Platinum Hits, Player's Choice... or Game of the Year editions... I want the first edition of my games.

I have re-bought games because of that. Last one was Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube... I found a copy without the Player's Choice tag, and I had to buy it again.

Also... I have a hard time buying a regular version game knowing that there's is also a Limited Edition version...

Yeah... I suck...

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Well... mostly because my OCD... hahaha...

I really don't like to buy games that are Greatest Hits, Platinum Hits, Player's Choice... or Game of the Year editions... I want the first edition of my games.

I have re-bought games because of that. Last one was Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube... I found a copy without the Player's Choice tag, and I had to buy it again.

Also... I have a hard time buying a regular version game knowing that there's is also a Limited Edition version...

Yeah... I suck...[/QUOTE]
Some of the copies of LBP GOTY are still in the clear PS3 cases without the GH red case. You just have to look for them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some of the copies of LBP GOTY are still in the clear PS3 cases without the GH red case. You just have to look for them.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah... I know that...

But the cover art is not the original one... :cry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbear09
One of the sears I went to had a number of those in stock, but they were selling for I think 180 a piece, no clearance sticker around to be found.
They're not always marked correctly, so you may want to scan them.

I stopped at a Sears outside of my normal area the other day and saw 2 :ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sgmas. They had $19.99 white stickers on them... I didn't bother to scan.

No drops at the store I went to. I picked up Guitar Hero Metallica and Far Cry 2 each for the PS3 and $9.97. I'll do an even trade for Metroid Prime Trilogy or Muramasa for Guitar Hero Metallica or Far Cry 2.

Tomorrow could be epic.....depends on if anybody snapped up the games that have been lingering in the case for months....at $5, my willpower is nil.

[quote name='JAlbertL']No drops at the store I went to. I picked up Guitar Hero Metallica and Far Cry 2 each for the PS3 and $9.97. I'll do an even trade for Metroid Prime Trilogy or Muramasa for Guitar Hero Metallica or Far Cry 2.[/QUOTE]

Ahem...the drops happen tomorrow.

[quote name='shoe478']I was wondering how you felt about the upcoming drops, thanks for sharing that.[/QUOTE]

You should hear me when I've got a couple bottles of vodka with a bacardi 151 chaser. Now that's a conversation. :beer::whee:

[quote name='speedy5044']Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbear09
One of the sears I went to had a number of those in stock, but they were selling for I think 180 a piece, no clearance sticker around to be found.
They're not always marked correctly, so you may want to scan them.[/QUOTE]

I know that. I have been following the thread. I check em' once a month and it always rings up the same.

I didnt mean to get people excited about a possible Thurs Drop. Just thats what the effective date said. Im going to assume in the Sears computer system the drop is labeled for the day before and is effective the next day.

So in other words, Friday (today) is drop day.

Again I probably cant get a full list. Maybe down the road when I figure out how to get a full list.

Most likely Ill be scanning alot of stuff tomorrow during down time to see what dropped. My best advice, obviously, would to just check out your local Sears and scan for yourself. There were a couple other Sears employees on here that mentioned that the company has made it harder for employees to get the full list... so we'll see.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I didnt mean to get people excited about a possible Thurs Drop. Just thats what the effective date said. Im going to assume in the Sears computer system the drop is labeled for the day before and is effective the next day.

So in other words, Friday (today) is drop day.

Again I probably cant get a full list. Maybe down the road when I figure out how to get a full list.

Most likely Ill be scanning alot of stuff tomorrow during down time to see what dropped. My best advice, obviously, would to just check out your local Sears and scan for yourself. There were a couple other Sears employees on here that mentioned that the company has made it harder for employees to get the full list... so we'll see.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for all the info. I'll try to contribute a bit of a list myself when I get the chance tomorrow. :D

[quote name='Mastastic']I picked up Guitar Hero Smash Hits for $12.97 today at the Cookeville, TN Sears. It was the last copy though.[/QUOTE]
Gonna try for a return/rebuy tomorrow, then? ;) I don't know if you'd be interested or not, but there was one copy of Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and a BUNCH of a Boy and His Blob there the last time I visited, too. :D

I got:
A Boy and His Blob X2 @4.97 each
Fusion Frenzy 2 @1.97

Amazon trade in value locked in: Boy and Blob = $9ea and Fusion Frenzy 2 = 3.75

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Prices did not drop at my local Sears[/QUOTE]
did you ring up the games or the cashier or did you just take a glance at the sticker prices on them? i doubt the sears staff ticked the new prices onto the games as soon as the store opened.

Picked up these today:

Loco Roco 2 $2.97
Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings $14.97

Everything else was pretty much cleaned out with the last drop....

I picked up
iconps3.gif
MotorStorm Pacific Rift for $4.97.

I also saw the following:

iconps3.gif
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. - $14.97
iconps3.gif
Star Wars: Clone Wars - $9.97
iconps3.gif
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - $9.97
iconds.gif
Ben 10 - $9.97
iconds.gif
Gym Rockets - $2.97

I need to check another Sears later, hoping to find A Boy and His Blob...

Price checked:

iconps3.gif
Bakugan:Battle Brawlers - $4.97
iconps3.gif
WWE SvR 08 - $4.97
iconps3.gif
Star Wars: Clone Wars - $9.97
iconps3.gif
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - $9.97
iconpsp_r2.gif
LocoRoco 2 - $2.97

iconxbox360.gif
Transformers: RotF rang up $29.99 which was a little surprising with the $14.97 tag from April on the front

There was some other old 360 sports titles from 08 and a bunch of mediocre titles that I can't remember the price of at the moment.

bread's done
Back