Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Scored a Guitar Hero Smash Hits (PS3) for 4.97 at the Clairemont Mesa Blvd. Sears. The game was tagged at 9.97 but it scanned for 4.97.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Bought :wii:TNA Impact for .97 and traded it in for around $5
:ps3:Bakugan for $4.97 and traded it in for $12
:psp:Loco Roco 2 for $2.97
:wii:Boy and His Blob $4.97

Got multiple copies of :wii:Boy and His Blob if anyone wants one also I remember people talking about a TNA Sting :dvd: just pay shipping and the DVD is yours. PM me.[/QUOTE]
$12 trade in value for bakugan? where can you get 12 for that crap.

Got
WET PS3
GH: Metallica PS3
2x Motorsorm: Pacific Rift PS3
for $4.97 each.
Guitar Hero: World Tour 360 - $9.97
Loco Roco 2 was still $9.99

So I thought I knew how the clearance system worked, then one of the stores by me threw me for a loop. Basically, my theory was that an item had to be in stock to drop. Meaning, if you have a barcode sheet, those scanners are a great inventory checker since if it is at the current price, it would have to have been in stock at the drop.

One of the stores I went to today had all their games with June stickers except for Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which had a $19.97 "April" sticker. I thought, whatever, maybe they just forgot to re-sticker it... Nope, brought it to the scanner, still $19.97.

My other theory was that the amount an item drops depends on how long it has been in stock. One store by me had just gotten in those Red Bull DS's at full price when they dropped at other Sears locations to $4.97. They had still been $9.97 up until yesterday when they dropped to .27 .

I know I'm probably using a bit too much brain power on something so trivial, it just irks me how a company that isn't franchised and all the stores run on the same system cant have the same pricing.

*EDIT*

Just a warning for people that do a lot of return/rebuy's, apparently Sears requires your drivers license # now and if you return to much, they will ban you from returning. It looks like I may be learning this the hard way, but I will have to go back tomorrow to try a couple different return/rebuys. Worse case scenario, I can just have friends do the returns for me.

Struck out second month in a row. Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts are still ringing up $19.99. Guess I'll be waiting for July.

Did go ahead and pick up SWCW Republic Heroes 360 for $5. I figure my son and I can get at least $5 entertainment out of it.

[quote name='Bezerker']*EDIT*

Just a warning for people that do a lot of return/rebuy's, apparently Sears requires your drivers license # now and if you return to much, they will ban you from returning. It looks like I may be learning this the hard way, but I will have to go back tomorrow to try a couple different return/rebuys. Worse case scenario, I can just have friends do the returns for me.[/QUOTE]
That's bullshit, since no one I know would do the returns for me if they say I can't do them anymore.

Then again, most of the stuff I buy I trade right into Gamestop or it goes into my hellish backlog and I forget about it until long after the return period has lapsed.

Although I'd like to try a return/rebuy on the last 3 Singstar bundles I have. Maybe next month though, once they reach $1.97 or even cheaper.;)

About to head up to sears now, see if i can do a return/rebuy on MuA2, also hoping they still have Bakugan and Wet for PS3. (Was just there 3 days ago and they had both, along with a ton of Rock Bands/Guitar Hero games)

[quote name='Mastastic']No, my fiancee has become a giant Guitar Hero fan. She didn't play any of the games from the past so its all new to her.

I may end up going back to pick some of those up (if there are any left) when I get paid next week. Although, I'm still lurking on Game Crazy. They still have most of their games (as of the middle of this week). And on top of that the town my fiancee is from is small as hell and has a Movie Gallery. I went in there last week and there are a ton of games that are basically brand new because no one rented them...ever. They were up to 30% off and they had most of their merchandise still available.[/QUOTE]
Ah, that's cool. She's got some catching up to do, but I'm sure you can find some good deals on the earlier games (assuming you don't have them already). :p

I'd say most will still be in stock by the time you get there, assuming El Hoardo hasn't made his way there by now. There were still four copies of A Boy and His Blob when I left with one yesterday. And if they've lasted this long, I'd say most people just won't be interested.

And as for Game Crazy, it does seem like there's still a good stock here in Cookeville. I haven't checked in a while, but I hope some of the more expensive things stay in stock until about 50%. I just don't have the money to spend on it right now otherwise. Best of luck with that, and your Movie Gallery situation, too. :D

Found what I was looking for! Well I also wanted to find Muramasa but it was still an awesome stop.
I got: A Boy and His Blob (x2) 4.97 each
Excitebots:Trick Racing with Wii Wheel (x2) 4.97 each

I'm planning on selling one copy of A Boy and His Blob online or somewhere else and I'm also going to sell just one of the Excitebot discs, probably to my friend. I don't have Mario Kart Wii/any Wii wheels so I want to keep both.
Excitebots was in the glass case and marked 49.99. They had the disc alone with the other new games for 39.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BriGuy27']It rang up 19.99 when I went today.[/QUOTE]

It was $19.99 for me today as well. Was really hoping to find WET, but I guess they have all been gone since the $9.9x point.

say you don't have a drivers license and you took the bus.

I went to a Sears when i was out today that i havent hit before. Got a few things, but was sad that FF IV and GH : Metallica rang up $20 and $40 =[

I haven't had any luck finding :wii:Muramasa the Demon Blade or :ps3:Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 =/. I saw a few copies of :wii:Boy and his Blob, :wii:Warioland Shake it!, and :ps3:Wet scanned at $4.97 and a bunch of :psp:Locoroco 2 for $2.97. :360:Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is still $19.97 here.

So, are PS3 Greatest Hits games on clearance as well or is it just a matter of finding new clearance items?

As for my luck, I was only able to find :360:HAWX for $9.97. I enjoyed the demo, so I'll give the game a go.

Ended up returning the Wolfenstein I bought yesterday - and bought 5 more games instead!

Picked up (all $4.97):

PS3
Guitar Hero Metallica (x2)
Lego Rock Band

Wii
Muramasa (x2)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's bullshit, since no one I know would do the returns for me if they say I can't do them anymore.

Then again, most of the stuff I buy I trade right into Gamestop or it goes into my hellish backlog and I forget about it until long after the return period has lapsed.

Although I'd like to try a return/rebuy on the last 3 Singstar bundles I have. Maybe next month though, once they reach $1.97 or even cheaper.;)[/QUOTE]

I was told this Back in jan... They said they are stick of HOARDERS coming into their store and buying up all of the games then finding out they cant sell them and try to take them back to sears 2 to 3 weeks later...

They said they can even BAN you from the store if they want

[quote name='jlarlee']Not a game but a good gift for Father's day this 7" digital picture frame http://www.google.com/products/cata...fED6SClQSBwZW4Aw&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p was $12.97 at the Sears in Anchorage Ak[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up - I was able to get two of them nearby tonight for $11.97 each! Was wanting to grab one for a good price for myself & the other will be a gift.

Also, :wii: Disney DDR bundle is now down $10! Got that and :wii: Guitar Tour for my sister. gnatforeva & I did a lot of running around this weekend, he got himself a nice haul :)

[quote name='slidecage']I was told this Back in jan... They said they are stick of HOARDERS coming into their store and buying up all of the games then finding out they cant sell them and try to take them back to sears 2 to 3 weeks later...

They said they can even BAN you from the store if they want[/QUOTE]

The only reason I do it is because the store I mainly go to has one cool manager who has no problem doing price adjustments on clearance games, and then there is the douchebag manager who tries to explain how clearance games fall under the category "clearance clothing" and therefore don't qualify for the price guarantee.

But yes, I do understand that the company loses money, but really, it cant be any more than what they pay to have 5 employees stand around in electronics all day just chatting.

[quote name='Bezerker']

But yes, I do understand that the company loses money, but really, it cant be any more than what they pay to have 5 employees stand around in electronics all day just chatting.[/QUOTE]

I'm offended that you say they are just chatting, you must never shop there because they are CLEARLY ignoring customers too! I'd be shocked if I got customer service in Sears or Kmart, it's against their culture.

[quote name='converse']I'm offended that you say they are just chatting, you must never shop there because they are CLEARLY ignoring customers too! I'd be shocked if I got customer service in Sears or Kmart, it's against their culture.[/QUOTE]

Are Sears employees on commission? Because around here the electronics guys are *always* hanging out by the appliances and TVs, trying to sell those. There is never anyone near the games or movies. It's frustrating as hell, because on one hand you can't find anyone in electronics to do a price check, and on the other the self-check machine is just outside the electronics section, which you can't leave with a game without setting off the alarm... Idiotic design, yet one of numerous reasons this clearance is the first time I've set foot in Sears in 20 years.

I walked by this one guy in electronics today...he was by the cameras fiddling w/ them. Not even remotely acknowledging that I was standing RIGHT THERE.

Nothing at a Sears by work yesterday ... hit another today and found (bought) some good ones:

:ps3: Wet $4.97 (2x)
:ps3: Lego Rock Band $4.97
:wii: Muramasa The Demon Blade $4.97
:wii: A Boy and His Blob $4.97

and my best find ...

:wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy $4.97

Metroid was not in the clearance section and did not have a sticker on it. I asked them if they could tell me the price and the 2 guys in the electronics section said it is probably $50 or $60 ... imagine his surprise when he saw it was $4.97. Priceless.

[quote name='flix1']
:wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy $4.97.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I think this is pretty much the Holy Grail of Sears clearance, at this point.

BTW PS3 Singstar Abba is newly on clearance, at $19.97.

Damn...Sears around me suck. They had more of a decent selection of games a couple of months ago. Of course the good stuff got picked over before the prices REALLY dropped.

[quote name='illennium']Are Sears employees on commission? Because around here the electronics guys are *always* hanging out by the appliances and TVs, trying to sell those. There is never anyone near the games or movies. It's frustrating as hell, because on one hand you can't find anyone in electronics to do a price check, and on the other the self-check machine is just outside the electronics section, which you can't leave with a game without setting off the alarm... Idiotic design, yet one of numerous reasons this clearance is the first time I've set foot in Sears in 20 years.[/QUOTE]

The 2 Sears stores near me are in malls that are 2 story. The top floor has electronics/tools/appliances & at NEITHER store are there ANY self service scanners upstairs! Half the time of course there is no one to be found in electronics or appliances. I had to go over to the tools/hardware department a few weeks ago just to get rung up.

Not that it's a terrible hassle to go down the escalator since the price scanner is right at the bottom of the it.

Next time I think I'll just print out barcodes & take them in to have them scan on the self scanner to alleviate that problem all together.

Damn. Went back to VA Ctr Commons Richmond/Ashland Sears and the 2 Muramasas that were $19.99 a week back were now gone. A lone A Boy an His Blob was gone as well.

Nice find on the MPT Flix1. I grabbed 2 copies when my sears had them at 13.97, opened 1 to play (never played the trilogy and still haven't gotten to it yet) and left 1 for trade fodder.

Managed to grab

3x Family Doctor- :ds: -$.47
2x Rock Revolution- :ds: -$1.97
1x Bakugan- :ps3: -$4.97
1x Star Wars Clone Wars- :360: -$4.97
1x Boy and a motherfucking blob- :wii: -$4.97

Also scanned:

Guitar Hero Van Halen- :360: -$39.99
Guitar Hero Metallica- :360: -$29.99
Guitar Hero Smash Hits- :360: -$9.97
Bakugan- :360: -$9.97

At my sears, all the clearance games had this strange white sticker hanging off the peg or inline price, so it made the hunt easy and managed to get pritty much everything that was left as I got most the good stuff at the $15 price point to not chance it (2x NGSII, 2x FOGTOY, 2x MPT).

But, I also saw this white sticker on two different PSP sets. Does sears have any PSP Sets on clearance right now? The price stickers were on the Ratchet and Clank PSP and 1 other one that I was unsure of the initials.

[quote name='slidecage']I was told this Back in jan... They said they are stick of HOARDERS coming into their store and buying up all of the games then finding out they cant sell them and try to take them back to sears 2 to 3 weeks later...

You're not talking about ME, are you?O:)
[quote name='Bezerker']The only reason I do it is because the store I mainly go to has one cool manager who has no problem doing price adjustments on clearance games, and then there is the douchebag manager who tries to explain how clearance games fall under the category "clearance clothing" and therefore don't qualify for the price guarantee.

But yes, I do understand that the company loses money, but really, it cant be any more than what they pay to have 5 employees stand around in electronics all day just chatting.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I should've said exactly that when I applied for a job with them and they gave me an interview. Maybe then they'd have employees actually working and not getting paid to bullshit all day.

I've had them blatantly ignore me, I've had them tell me the price marked is it's price and I've had them act all pissy when I grab up every copy of a single title.

It's not my fault you fuckin' idiots work in electronics(which includes games)and you didn't know there's some on clearance you would've bought and now you're pissed at me for grabbing them all.:roll:
[quote name='illennium']Are Sears employees on commission? Because around here the electronics guys are *always* hanging out by the appliances and TVs, trying to sell those. There is never anyone near the games or movies. It's frustrating as hell, because on one hand you can't find anyone in electronics to do a price check, and on the other the self-check machine is just outside the electronics section, which you can't leave with a game without setting off the alarm... Idiotic design, yet one of numerous reasons this clearance is the first time I've set foot in Sears in 20 years.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:s Do you live in the ghetto or something that the electronics section has an alarm to it? The electronics sections at all of the Sears stores around here are wide open, so much so that I've taken clearance games downstairs onto the first level of a two story store before cuz the scanner was closer going down there.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
It's not my fault you fuckin' idiots work in electronics(which includes games)and you didn't know there's some on clearance you would've bought and now you're pissed at me for grabbing them all.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Today the girl who rang me up actually asked me to go back to the game section and grab copies of clearance games for her. :lol:

I said, "Yeah.... I'm not going to do that."

[quote name='illennium']Today the girl who rang me up actually asked me to go back to the game section and grab copies of clearance games for her. :lol:

I said, "Yeah.... I'm not going to do that."[/QUOTE]
:lol: The one guy working at my closest Sears kept asking another CAG and I if there were any other copies of the games we were grabbing from the case cuz he wanted one of some of them.

Some of them were crap I'd probably never play anyway, so I said knock yourself out with whatever is left.

Of course, some hoarder came back and grabbed up the remaining games before I could get back there, but that was while the $4.97 games were still $9.97.

Personally, I'm gonna take my chances at the other local store and hope they make it to $1.97 and then grab some for the backlog.

[quote name='flix1']

and my best find ...

:wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy $4.97

Metroid was not in the clearance section and did not have a sticker on it. I asked them if they could tell me the price and the 2 guys in the electronics section said it is probably $50 or $60 ... imagine his surprise when he saw it was $4.97. Priceless.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the find. I never did find a copy of it when it reached the $9.97 price around my area.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Thanks for the heads up - I was able to get two of them nearby tonight for $11.97 each! Was wanting to grab one for a good price for myself & the other will be a gift.

Also, :wii: Disney DDR bundle is now down $10! Got that and :wii: Guitar Tour for my sister. gnatforeva & I did a lot of running around this weekend, he got himself a nice haul :)[/QUOTE]

You will need a cheap SD card if you don't have a spare one laying around since it doesn't have internal memory.

Went back to Sear's, all i could manage to scrounge up was Bakugan for PS3 (Im guessing no one grabbed it because the disc sounded like it was broken if you shook the case, turns out it just slid out of the spindle)

The place was a CAG-fest (Or an SD fest), like 5 guys digging through games, one of them even managed to find 3 copies of Imagine Doctor (No idea how, because i had literally gotten 7+ copies at the same store a few weeks ago and though that was all of em)

Though that wasnt even the best part, one of the employee's was doing something by the T.V's, slipped and took 2 Flat Screens with him. The store managers were raging harder than i have ever seen someone rage before.

[quote name='donssword']Damn. Went back to VA Ctr Commons Richmond/Ashland Sears and the 2 Muramasas that were $19.99 a week back were now gone. A lone A Boy an His Blob was gone as well.[/QUOTE]
There was Jack and squat at CTC on Friday. :(

Motorstorm pacific rift was $4.97 at my local sears and both copies they had in stock still had the 59.99 sticker on it, the employee who rang me up couldn't believe it and I just simply said thanks haha.

Also got Bakugan (PS3) for $4.97

Thanks CAGs!

They actually said the word "HOARDERS"?

[quote name='converse']I'm offended that you say they are just chatting, you must never shop there because they are CLEARLY ignoring customers too! I'd be shocked if I got customer service in Sears or Kmart, it's against their culture.[/QUOTE]

Hating on kmart will get you banned. Careful dude.

did anyone find muramasa at sears in Southern california? Any heads up would be great! I'd be willing to drive pretty far! Or if anyone could pick a copy up for me, I would really appreciate that! Please help, I've been waiting so long for the price drop. Thanks everyone!

Any of you guys hit the Sears in Exton PA? There was 4 Muramasas after last drop and there were none yesterday. Just wondering if I had CAG competition or an outsider. Also if any one is willing to sell me a well priced Muramasa, I'd be grateful.

[quote name='Estebon']They actually said the word "HOARDERS"?[/QUOTE]

yeap... i had like 5 some junk Ds game for like 1.97 each that i tossed out to my cousins kids as late xmas gifts... they loved them...

was also told i could be banned from doing price adjustments

then again the worker could just been a lazy sob

come think about it i dont think i have seen them the last 3 times i went to sears... he would always watch me when i took the games over to get scanned like i was going to steal the games......

Good! fuck em. If they buy for reselling and can't sell, they need to take a loss on the item just like sears would.

[quote name='illennium']Today the girl who rang me up actually asked me to go back to the game section and grab copies of clearance games for her. :lol:

I said, "Yeah.... I'm not going to do that."[/QUOTE]

Why not? It's not such an outrageous request. If the clerk was nice, i'd have done it. Nothing wrong with helping someone out.

Forgot to post this and haven't seen anyone else mention this yet, but a lot of accessories just went into clearance, mainly Rock Band, DS and PS3 stuff. As I recall:
Rock Band: Drumsticks, Kick Pedal, Accessory Bundle were all $5 off
DS: Little Pet Shop, some other characters, and regular stylus were on clearance as well as some cases and cables
PS3: Induction Charger dropped to 19.97. This seems to work well. I got one for PS3 and Wii from Target clearance and have no complaints so far. Some PS3 cables and stuff were also new on clearance.

[quote name='momouchi']Any of you guys hit the Sears in Exton PA? There was 4 Muramasas after last drop and there were none yesterday. Just wondering if I had CAG competition or an outsider. Also if any one is willing to sell me a well priced Muramasa, I'd be grateful.[/QUOTE]

I go to school in West Chester and hit up that Sears on my way home after I was visiting down there last weekend. I was specifically looking for Muramasa, looked in the bin and in the case and saw none. They must have gotten snatched up at least a week or two ago unless I missed them.

Picked up :360:WET for $9.97 and :360:Star Wars Clone Wars for $4.97. On a side note, while looking through the games, I got to witness two teenagers get busted for trying to steal game discs from the sealed cases. Quite an eventful trip to a Sears I hardly ever visit.

I had a good hunting today... I forgot about Wet, but I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. They still have several copies.

I couldn't find Metroid Prime Trilogy and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

My Excitebots bundle was $4.97, last copy... and I was surprised to see WarioWare in the store (that game is kinda rare or expensive now) and it was $9.97...

mIVXc.jpg

I want to give my PS3 some love, but I only buy exclusive games for it... any good deal in a PS3 exclusive game besides Motorstorm: Pacific Rift?

bread's done
Back