Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Yeah, once something like this hits SD, that's basically the end of the deal. I remember there was a CC clearance, not the 2004 $4.99 clearance, but still a lot of good games marked down to under $10 and when the list was on CAG, I never saw anyone else with a list or looking for the cheap games. After it was posted on FW and SD, the next day I was at another CC store and I saw 3 others with lists. They could have 1000+ people viewing a major thread there at once and with so many users, it's difficult to compete with all of them to get the deals.

I envy all those that found Ratchet & Clank CIT for cheap, i struck out at my local Sears... was the only game i really wanted. But being an idiot i bought Singularity because it was there.

oh!!! they have xbox360 elite "Limited stock" in my area!! should i have to go pick this up? and...limited stock ? whats the meaning of it?

[quote name='cat_tango']Picked up two of the Sylvania netbooks at ~$12 a piece. Too bad they don't come with chargers, but for $25 for two computers you can't complain that hard.[/QUOTE]

Check the styofoam it stuck in it

[quote name='onyzukae']oh!!! they have xbox360 elite "Limited stock" in my area!! should i have to go pick this up? and...limited stock ? whats the meaning of it?[/QUOTE]

One near me has it in stock, is this one that will easily get RROD?

I stopped at the mall that supposedly had :ps3:Brutal Legend in stock now while up in NY today and it was the same routine as last week(couldn't find it:roll:).

So I had them check the silver PS2 there(full price) and I checked around there for something to buy, but I walked out empty handed(as usual).

Going back to NY two more times this week, hopefully the Friday trek will be more productive as a further off store that stopped selling games a long time ago is showing the 7" Sylvania netbook in stock. Hopefully it's not a wild goose chase.

[quote name='onyzukae']oh!!! they have xbox360 elite "Limited stock" in my area!! should i have to go pick this up? and...limited stock ? whats the meaning of it?[/QUOTE]

It means 1 or 2 in stock but they can't always find it. I was trying to get a 2nd PS2 yesterday (they are great as extra DVD players since they are so cheap and the ability to play games is an added bonus), the store showed as limited stock, it said they had 1 in stock on the computer and couldn't find it.

The other issue is because it doesn't seem like consoles are kept on the sales floor (at least at the Sears I have been to), it requires asking an employee to look it up on the computer and seeing the price and there is always the risk an employee could say they don't have it because they want to buy it for themselves. Although probably not, that might have happened to me yesterday with the PS2 since unless it was stolen, it had to be in the store.

[quote name='smashngrab77']You do not need the sku to search google shopping. I just searched xbox 360 elite and scrolled until I saw a package for $100. Then searched local and saw that the store about 40 min from me had limited quantity.[/QUOTE]

I know how to use google shopping, as evident with my earlier posts. The upc/sku and/or Sears number allows the manager to check to see if they indeed have it in stock and if so how many. They want that at the store near me before they go hunting wildly in the back for something they may or may not have.

[quote name='NipPicker']Either rrod or. Rdot. Went through 9 including 1 slim no more xbox for me[/QUOTE]

I'm on my 3rd original Xbox (2nd refurb). I haven't paid for any replacement yet. That said, I'm wondering if 99.97 is worth the upgrade. 2 games + 100GB more.

Finally found a Brutal Legend :ps3: for $1.97. I was digging through the clearance bin marked $14.99 and up then the guy working in electronics said "if you are interested I have a bunch of clearance stuff in the back if you want to take a look" he brought out two big tubs full of mostly :ds: and :360: stuff. I grabbed Brutal Legend and left the rest, don't own a :ds: or a :360: but I did notice a Brutal Legend for :360:. On another note, what is with Civilization for :ds: ALWAYS being unwrapped? :???:

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm on my 3rd original Xbox (2nd refurb). I haven't paid for any replacement yet. That said, I'm wondering if 99.97 is worth the upgrade. 2 games + 100GB more.[/QUOTE]

If you have the extra money, sure go for it. If money is tight then I would not purchase it.
Or you can buy a lot of clearance games for $100.

I went by a sears the other day, they had an isle of games and on the other side of the plastic prison there was just a bunch of games layed on shelves and there wasn't a single game that was listed by you guys. The type of sandshark memory card listed wasn't with the rest of them. Am i missing something or was the place just picked clean. The last time I went to that sears was a year ago and they had a bin with all the clearence games but it was gone this time.

[quote name='jab1235']I went by a sears the other day, they had an isle of games and on the other side of the plastic prison there was just a bunch of games layed on shelves and there wasn't a single game that was listed by you guys. The type of sandshark memory card listed wasn't with the rest of them. Am i missing something or was the place just picked clean. The last time I went to that sears was a year ago and they had a bin with all the clearence games but it was gone this time.[/QUOTE]

The 4gb Sandisk memory cards I got were by the cameras not the video games. Xbox 360 clearance games were also by the cameras and PS3/Wii were in the center isle between appliances and electronics. YMMV for your store.

[quote name='Blaster man']I will be more straight forward than the last answer. It's because of slickdeals. First come first serve or not, slick deals ensures you have to beat 10,000 other people to the store. Not only do people not want the op updated, some wish these threads were locked to people not logged in and not on the site a while.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yeah, once something like this hits SD, that's basically the end of the deal. I remember there was a CC clearance, not the 2004 $4.99 clearance, but still a lot of good games marked down to under $10 and when the list was on CAG, I never saw anyone else with a list or looking for the cheap games. After it was posted on FW and SD, the next day I was at another CC store and I saw 3 others with lists. They could have 1000+ people viewing a major thread there at once and with so many users, it's difficult to compete with all of them to get the deals.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']I agree and was thinking about this myself. People seem to not like the updated OP tho as lurkers/el hoardo would/could grab everything. Not really sure why tho as all clearance games are 1st come 1st serve. I wouldn't mind making a new thread myself but I have no way of verifying anything and it would be by word of mouth. For reference the OP wasn't updated for 2 years before the last update.

As of now you gotta just read the thread and remember (write down) what you are interested in and hope they have it in stock[/QUOTE]

Well, in that case, I take back what I said. Better to read through a few pages than have all the games taken away from us by SDers.

[quote name='hlb96']The 4gb Sandisk memory cards I got were by the cameras not the video games. Xbox 360 clearance games were also by the cameras and PS3/Wii were in the center isle between appliances and electronics. YMMV for your store.[/QUOTE]
Awesome thanks for the reply, I'll check again next time I go. Was the memory card near the other memory cards or was it seperated from the rest of them?

[quote name='jab1235']Awesome thanks for the reply, I'll check again next time I go. Was the memory card near the other memory cards or was it seperated from the rest of them?[/QUOTE]

Next to other memory cards and shelf tag said $29.99 and rang up $1.97. Employees had to remove them as the shelf hanger was locked.
The Sears item number is 37512 and UPC is 619659025571.

Google search here(change location to yours):
http://www.google.com/search?q=sand...1,p_ord:r,store:13980736621616825384&tbm=shop

[quote name='hlb96']Next to other memory cards and shelf tag said $29.99 and rang up $1.97. Employees had to remove them as the shelf hanger was locked.
The Sears item number is 37512 and UPC is 619659025571.

Google search here(change location to yours):
http://www.google.com/search?q=sand...1,p_ord:r,store:13980736621616825384&tbm=shop[/QUOTE]
Thank's a lot! I had found a sony memory card that was blue and packaged similarly but didn't have time to check the price, looks like those are $2 at my sears, i'll go pick up a few tomorrow.

Does anyone have any insight on how to get the 3.97 3 month xbox live cards?

My store shows "in stock" not limited availabilty... and of course they can't find them... what are the "pre registered" cards?

[quote name='cshamilton']Does anyone have any insight on how to get the 3.97 3 month xbox live cards?

My store shows "in stock" not limited availabilty... and of course they can't find them... what are the "pre registered" cards?[/QUOTE]

They are in the plastic clamshells, and are not the ones that are just the card.

[quote name='dabamus']They are in the plastic clamshells, and are not the ones that are just the card.[/QUOTE]

Boo! they definitely didn't have those there. The woman at the counter said "you're going to make me scan everything in the electronics department aren't you"?

I hate people who hate their jobs

Picked up:

:wii: The Simpsons Game - $5.97
:wii: Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5 - $5.97
:wii: We Love Golf! - $3.97
:wii: Sega Superstars Tennis - $3.97
:360: Prototype - $5.97

[quote name='Staraang21']Well, in that case, I take back what I said. Better to read through a few pages than have all the games taken away from us by SDers.[/QUOTE]

Make up a fake deal and plaster it all over the CAG front page. See how many people we can send on a wild goose chase.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Make up a fake deal and plaster it all over the CAG front page. See how many people we can send on a wild goose chase.[/QUOTE]

Free infamous 2 with the purchase of a vacuum cleaner...:lol:

I'd get popcorn and a chair to watch that one go down.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Make up a fake deal and plaster it all over the CAG front page. See how many people we can send on a wild goose chase.[/QUOTE]
I both applaud and abhor this idea
I'm just evil enough to do this;)
, but I admit it would be fun to post a random 'deal' and watch the folks on SD run around like crazy for nothing.:lol:

I know I am probably asking a stupid question.
But I was checking prices for Sears games on Google Shopping, are those prices usually accurate or is it ymmv (I seen one Sears had Brutal Legend for $1.97 and another had it for $9.97)?

For the most part it is accurate, once in a while it won't be up to date.

The $9.97 sounds like one of those stores that has YMMV pricing. Sears clearance is usually consistent from store to store but sometimes a game will either be on clearance for more than other stores or not be on clearance at all at that store. Like when Hot Shots Golf PSP dropped to $0.97 last month, it was $19.99 at the first store I went to and $0.97 at the 2nd store.

My store has the socom bundle but it scans at 59.99! Argh. Same with the band hero/gh bundles. All msrp. But, other games in this thread are matching what others have found, ie r&c for 5.97.

I got NHL 10 for 5.97 today just an impulse buy. I was right, hockey is not my thing

Finally made it out to my local Sears and was very disappointed. One clearance bin consisted almost entirely of Where The Wild Things Are for Wii and karaoke games for PS2. The other bin was game show games for Wii, random subpar puzzle collections for DS, and the Professor Layton games. I grabbed all of the Professor Layton games (only the first one was a good deal: $5.97), Myst, and Prey (also $5.97). Everything else was either crap or not for a good price. On our way home, my wife mentioned that she saw a Zelda game that I somehow overlooked, although she doesn't know which one it was. If it's not there when I check tomorrow, I'm filing for divorce.

Originally Posted by Staraang21
I really do wish this thread had a wiki or regularly updated OP. It's hard for people new to this thread to find info

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']I agree and was thinking about this myself. People seem to not like the updated OP tho as lurkers/el hoardo would/could grab everything. Not really sure why tho as all clearance games are 1st come 1st serve. I wouldn't mind making a new thread myself but I have no way of verifying anything and it would be by word of mouth. For reference the OP wasn't updated for 2 years before the last update.
[/QUOTE]

Hows about I email you 2 bozos every deal as they come up?:roll:

Question about the Silver PS2's google tracker says they are in stock at some of my local Sears but listed at 99.99 is that price up to date and my Sears just won't clearance them?

[quote name='DRKnight']Question about the Silver PS2's google tracker says they are in stock at some of my local Sears but listed at 99.99 is that price up to date and my Sears just won't clearance them?[/QUOTE]

The silver/black PS2 slims are very hard to find at the clearance price from what I've seen. Most stores don't have them clearanced. The Lego Batman bundles are more universal.

[quote name='cshamilton']My store has the socom bundle but it scans at 59.99! Argh. Same with the band hero/gh bundles. All msrp. But, other games in this thread are matching what others have found, ie r&c for 5.97.

I got NHL 10 for 5.97 today just an impulse buy. I was right, hockey is not my thing[/QUOTE]

Hurry up and play it, they are shutting the servers down soon.

[quote name='DRKnight']Question about the Silver PS2's google tracker says they are in stock at some of my local Sears but listed at 99.99 is that price up to date and my Sears just won't clearance them?[/QUOTE]
If it says $100, it's $100. Trust me on this. I've been to 2-3 stores with the $100 price showing up on the tracker and what it says is usually the price at each store.:cry:

Believe me, I'd love to get some spare PS2 systems for $20 each, so I'm keeping an eye on my local Sears on the Google shopping thing.:)

[quote name='Toss']Originally Posted by Staraang21
I really do wish this thread had a wiki or regularly updated OP. It's hard for people new to this thread to find info

Hows about I email you 2 bozos every deal as they come up?:roll:[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for the constructive post. Maybe if you looked around you'd see that several of the clearance threads have wikis or detailed OPs. If you read further you'd see that I agreed that it might be a good idea not to have a wiki.

If you want the deals from a particular store, pay attention and read/skim the thread for it every so often. Then you'll know what's on clearance/sale without having to have a fully updated OP at your fingertips.;) That's how MANY of us do it. Otherwise we'd have to deal with the SD/FW crowd and other CAG's who may take the Pokemon approach to these deals and try to 'catch em all'(aka clear out a store).

Many of us who grab stuff on clearance actually list what we got and use the system icons such as :ps3::ps2::wii: and so on to denote what we got and we usually do list what the price was as well.

Of course I STILL won't mention which stores I hit up for these items, since I'm not going to give away my honeyholes to any lurkers who might be in my area.:razz::booty:

I learned my lesson years ago in the Kmart clearance thread when I mentioned what store I picked up Baten Kaitos from for like $4. There was a stack of 10+ one day and I went back the next to grab some to send to other CAG's and they were ALL GONE.:shock:

[quote name='smashngrab77']I was at the pontiac store when u posted this. Going back to grab the netbook I am not sure that I want it. It is yours if I can't use it[/QUOTE]

If you get it, PM me either way. I am curious about it.

[quote name='Toss']Originally Posted by Staraang21

Hows about I email you 2 bozos every deal as they come up?:roll:[/QUOTE]

134652d1268380669-funny-strange-random-pics-44266966_unsuccessful_troll.jpg

For the sylvania netbook, anyone have any idead how to optimize it, change the OS, or even solder on some new RAM? The thing does a terrible job even surfing the net.

I went to a different sears found persona 3 but it rang up $49.99 legendary starfy $5.97 dragon quest iv $5.97 loz phantom hourglass $7.97 4 gb sandisk pro duo memory stick $1.97.

[quote name='CGH']I went to a different sears found persona 3 but it rang up $49.99 legendary starfy $5.97 dragon quest iv $5.97 loz phantom hourglass $7.97 4 gb sandisk pro duo memory stick $1.97.[/QUOTE]

There's Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES. FES is down to 4.97, but Persona 3 (which probably comes with the artbook and slipcover) is still 49.99.

I had some pretty good finds today:

:ps2:Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection $5.97 :shock:
:ps3:Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time $5.97
:ps3:Singularity $9.97
:ps3:LittleBigPlanet (non-gh) $9.97

And I saw new games in the clearance bin (off the top of my head):
:ps3::360:Vanquish $19.99
:ps3::360:Borderlands $19.99
:360:Halo ODST $19.99
:360:Alan Wake $19.99
:ps3:Uncharted (Greatest Hits) $29.99
:ps3:Uncharted 2: GOTY $24.95