Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

I rarely score at Target unless it's a game the employees just 'found in the back'(ie one that some employee was stashing to buy when it got to 75-90% off) or if it's one of those weird games that just shows up that someone may have returned that was already to 75% off when it was in stock. But in that case then you have to ask them to try and look up the last price in the system since it's usually out of the system by then.
[quote name='jbz']Sears has option to get receipt printed out or emailed or both. Are you a rewards member? Maybe it got emailed to you? I dunno, you seem pretty thorough so I doubt you would miss that, but you never know :)[/QUOTE]

I selected printed and emailed, but I don't ever remember getting a receipt. Either way I know I'm not returning any of the items I bought so as long as the controllers both work I'm golden cuz I already checked to make sure Fight Night was in the case after that fiasco last time.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Where are you getting this $2.56 to ship estimate from?[/QUOTE] The post office. That's how much they charge to ship something that weighs 8 ounces, which is how much the controller weighs. [quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Does that include Delivery Confirmation?[/QUOTE] No, that wasn't mentioned. But you could tack it on and still be under $5. [quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What shipping rate is it going? Unless you're shipping it MEDIA(which you can't unless it's a BOOK), then I can't see it being that cheap.[/QUOTE] That's for first class. Media mail would be $2.41. [quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Cheapest rate I would ship controllers would be the medium flat rate Priority box(either the long or deep one) and I would ship it IN the packaging, which would give it at least another level of protection.[/QUOTE] That's great for someone who doesn't mind spending $10.95. audilover was hoping to spend $5, which you deemed impossible. I'm merely stating that it's not impossible. I think it would even be possible with the controller still in the packaging...I, however, don't have one that I can weigh and verify, so I didn't want to make any such claims. [quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But hey, if you want a non functional controller I'll go find another silver one and ship it to you in a bubble mailer via Media rate.[/QUOTE] Okay, thanks. [quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not trying to be 'mean' or a 'douchebag' or start an argument, but if you ship cheap then you get what you pay for.[/QUOTE] I agree to an extent, although I've never had any problems with shipping first class. Of course, the argument wasn't about which shipping method is best but whether or not a controller could be shipped for $5. [quote name='skiizim']EDIT: @IATCG, I think he did get that from media mail, I looked up rates earlier and it was about that for a 14oz package, parcel post was over $5.[/QUOTE] Nope, first class. A controller only weighs 8 ounces (half a pound). [quote name='xskaxninjax']A Dual Shock 3 controller weighs under 7 ounces (6.2 technically, I just weighed one of mine). If you're good with the packing material, you'll be around 8 ounces. An 8 ounce package sent First Class Mail costs $2.56, which is where he got the number from. I think it'd be more like 9-10 ounces after material, plus the cost of the material itself (although I'm sure most people around here have a bunch laying around), and yeah... it should be under $4 total. Though I would prefer adding tracking as well.[/QUOTE] Bingo! My scale says the controller is 8 ounces, though. Not sure why there's a difference, unless controllers are lighter than they used to be or there's more gravity here (which would be a great excuse for my weight!). Either way, it's light enough to be shipped for less than $5. [quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm pretty sure FCM parcels can't be over a certain thickness.[/QUOTE] There are restrictions, but I don't know all of them. All I know is that it has to be rectangular (or so they say; I've shipped non-rectangular packages without issue) and less than 13 ounces. Usually, if it will fit in a standard mailbox they'll ship it. [quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What sucks is I didn't notice till I got home that they didn't give me my receipt in the bag.:roll: This now makes the second time I've had an issue with a Sears Holding Corp store, though the first one was at least partially my fault cuz I didn't fully check the damned shrinkwrap on it before I left the store and the game was MIA. But SHC-Gamer is comping me for the bs at my closest store AND the missing game via a gc, so all's well on that front.;)[/QUOTE] Do you have a rewards card? If you use it when making a purchase, your receipt is stored online, I believe. At least that's what one of the cashiers was telling me. EDIT: Nevermind, someone already mentioned it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] But that's sending it WITHOUT the package and in what kind of package? I'm pretty sure FCM parcels can't be over a certain thickness.
[/QUOTE]
First Class Mail can be any non-irregular size as long as it fits the weight requirements and is less than 108" in combined length and girth. So yeah, basically any normal box.
You get the joy of helping out a fellow gamer to get something that they themselves couldn't find, isn't that enough?;)

Truth. It's not as much about the money as it is just helping each other out. I'm still pretty new here, but as long as I didn't want it myself, I'd gladly ship anything I can pick up to another CAG as long as they recoup the cost.

[quote name='ZombieToast']A controller only weighs 8 ounces (half a pound). Bingo! My scale says the controller is 8 ounces, though. Not sure why there's a difference, unless controllers are lighter than they used to be or there's more gravity here (which would be a great excuse for my weight!). Either way, it's light enough to be shipped for less than $5. There are restrictions, but I don't know all of them. All I know is that it has to be rectangular (or so they say; I've shipped non-rectangular packages without issue) and less than 13 ounces. Usually, if it will fit in a standard mailbox they'll ship it.[/QUOTE]

You're not taking into account the weight of any box/package you'd use to ship the controller in, anything you might wrap the controller in(if you're packing it in packing peanuts), and the packing materials(in this example packing peanuts). So even if the controller is a half pound, after adding in all of that you may barely squeak by.

[quote name='bgame2']This is probably a really dumb question, but I'm curious. Why are so many of you guys picking up Fight Night Round 3? I'm not putting the game down and I like sports games. I just didn't understand why it seems to be a very common pick up.[/QUOTE]$5 for a really fun boxing game is a no brainer.

Picked up:

PS3 Skate 2 for 4.97
DS Rock Band 3 for 3.97

Also, I got an ilive silver boombox dock and so far so good. I'm pretty discerning on audio and video quality of products and I think it's great for the price. I have the latest nano whatever gen that is and although it's not listed as compatable you can adjust the dock to make it work. It charged the ipod no problem. Audio quality is what I expected, nothing amazing, but more than adequate for a tiny little boombox. It's good, but not incredible just as you should expect for tiny little non-Bose speakers. Unlike a previous poster I have no hum or buzz in the audio which makes me wonder if I'm lucky or they got a lemon. How's everyone else's Ilive experience panning out?

[quote name='bgame2']This is probably a really dumb question, but I'm curious. Why are so many of you guys picking up Fight Night Round 3? I'm not putting the game down and I like sports games. I just didn't understand why it seems to be a very common pick up.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just a really common item to find in stock. I don't own any sports games but if I can fart around with it for a couple of hours (and punch Oscar De La Hoya in the face) then it's money well spent.

[quote name='jdawgg76'] Also, I got an ilive silver boombox dock and so far so good. I'm pretty discerning on audio and video quality of products and I think it's great for the price. I have the latest nano whatever gen that is and although it's not listed as compatable you can adjust the dock to make it work. It charged the ipod no problem. Audio quality is what I expected, nothing amazing, but more than adequate for a tiny little boombox. It's good, but not incredible just as you should expect for tiny little non-Bose speakers. Unlike a previous poster I have no hum or buzz in the audio which makes me wonder if I'm lucky or they got a lemon. How's everyone else's Ilive experience panning out?[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend plugged hers in to test it and it charged no problem. The sound was, as you said, pretty much just expected. Not terrible, and no buzz or hum described elsewhere. Would've been nice if it had a clock/alarm or something, but still worth the price. Only con is that she has to take it out of her ipod case in order it to fit in the dock.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You're not taking into account the weight of any box/package you'd use to ship the controller in, anything you might wrap the controller in(if you're packing it in packing peanuts), and the packing materials(in this example packing peanuts). So even if the controller is a half pound, after adding in all of that you may barely squeak by.[/QUOTE]

lol... I think there is no point in arguing anymore, that's why I said 14oz because If I would take it out of the packaging it's going to take a little more to secure the item. I do most of my shipping the old fashioned way at the post office and there is no way to cheat the shipping cost there.

Tried 2 Sears today to find a Silver Dual Shock 3. No dice. I did find a 360 Play N Charge Kit for $5 though so it wasn't a complete loss.

Did the silver dual shock 3s go up in price? When I use Google Shopping to check inventory at my local Sears, those controllers show up as $54.99.

[quote name='kk012']Did the silver dual shock 3s go up in price? When I use Google Shopping to check inventory at my local Sears, those controllers show up as $54.99.[/QUOTE]

They were showing up as either OOS or just not in stock at my next closest store, which was the one I bought one at last night for $19.97.Although I am kinda ticked that I've been buying a buncha clearance stuff for a couple of weeks now and not one employee has offered to try the 33% more off dealie.:bomb:
EDIT: Actually it's showing as $54.99 for both stores and either in-stock or limited stock. I forget when Google updates, but since I saw no other silver ones at the other store last night that should change from limited to OOS. And frickin' Little Big Planet for PS3 is still showing in-stock but there were ZERO copies there last night.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They were showing up as either OOS or just not in stock at my next closest store, which was the one I bought one at last night for $19.97.Although I am kinda ticked that I've been buying a buncha clearance stuff for a couple of weeks now and not one employee has offered to try the 33% more off dealie.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I find it strange how these controllers were showing up for $19.97 for about a 2 days. Now, these are at $54.99 at my local Sears using Google Shopping.

Like you, I've bought lots of clearanced video games and accessories at my local Sears. I'm wondering if this 33% off barcode exists in my area. I could have saved lots more if any of these Sears employees offered this discount :bomb: Can I just print out the barcode and ask the employee to scan it? lol

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You're not taking into account the weight of any box/package you'd use to ship the controller in, anything you might wrap the controller in(if you're packing it in packing peanuts), and the packing materials(in this example packing peanuts). So even if the controller is a half pound, after adding in all of that you may barely squeak by.[/QUOTE]
I took the box/packing weight into consideration; I just didn't take the time to weigh that stuff. Luckily, I still have my Newegg box that Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition came in, stuffed full of little green packing peanuts. Because I'm annoying and insist on being right, I just went ahead and weighed the box. This is about 25% bigger than what would be needed, but it only weighs 5 ounces. And this is a fairly sturdy box, mind you. The cardboard is quite thick and in the course of shipping, my game didn't suffer a single ding, nor did the box itself (I guess I'm lucky because it's rare for me to receive anything in bad shape where I currently live). Anyway, the total weight of this box and its peanuts along with the controller is a very convenient 13 ounces, which would cost $3.41 to ship. This works out even better if the controller is actually only 6.2 ounces as mentioned earlier...this may vary by model.

But like I said, you could easily ship with a box that's 75% of the size and still keep the controller safe. You'd even have enough free weight left to use a bit of plastic wrap to help with security. Now, I don't know for sure if you could do all this while keeping the controller in its package because I don't know the size or weight of the plastic, although I imagine both are probably negligible. And personally, I'd be more comfortable shipping without it anyway because it takes up space that could be used by packaging materials. A case of thin plastic full of air doesn't disperse weight or force very well, as I have witnessed over the years with action figures (the loose ones very often fare better than the ones in plastic shells). It may be worth noting, however, that I don't know how sturdy the PS3 package may or may not be as I have only the controller that came with my console.

Also, let's keep in mind that the question is essentially "Is it possible at all?" (which you said it isn't) and not "Is it possible with various restrictions set in place?" But for the sake of argument, I venture that it is possible to safely ship the controller in its original package and with delivery confirmation...however, neither of us can know without us each trying it several times. I personally don't want to.

EDIT: In case you're wondering, the aforementioned Newegg box is 10" x 8" x 5-1/2", which is almost the exact same size as the square medium flat-rate USPS box that you said you would use.

[quote name='skiizim']lol... I think there is no point in arguing anymore, that's why I said 14oz because If I would take it out of the packaging it's going to take a little more to secure the item. I do most of my shipping the old fashioned way at the post office and there is no way to cheat the shipping cost there.[/QUOTE]
I'm not aware of any way to cheat from home either (aside from perhaps lying about media mail). I mean, I'm sure there must be some methods, but all I know is that if you don't pay them enough money, they will typically return the package to you. This is why a scale is handy.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']@ZombieToast Are you some kinda Sheldon Cooper wannabe? That post made me laugh.[/QUOTE]
No idea who that is, but if he's hilarious and/or sexy, then yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i saw two Band Hero (Huge) Box for PS3, with marked price $89.97 on May tag. Should i try to check the price?
Im having hard time finding play and charge kit. Anyone want to trade/ sell one with me?
I believe they have PS3, PS2 controller, 60GB Kit, Bluetooth headset... maybe some game. Just about everything except the play and charge kit and TV.

Plus also went to one old old sears, they are gettin ready to remodel into Kmart.... Also of their tag is red and does not look like anything is on sales. Plus all the price is from May.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Although I am kinda ticked that I've been buying a buncha clearance stuff for a couple of weeks now and not one employee has offered to try the 33% more off dealie.:bomb:
[/QUOTE]

I thought the 33% was only a YMMV (store to store) sale. Is it supposed to be on clearance items at every sears?

The code that was posted earlier this week indicated that it was to be used only on bundles of Band games, and TH Ride stuff.

It's probably coded so that it works on everything clearance though.

[quote name='yukonrye']I think it's just a really common item to find in stock. I don't own any sports games but if I can fart around with it for a couple of hours (and punch Oscar De La Hoya in the face) then it's money well spent.[/QUOTE]

Lol @ the de la hoya comment ( I did use him as my "sparing partner" to refine my skills in the ring). Fight night 3 in my mind is the best in the series

[quote name='ZombieToast']Because I'm annoying and insist on being right

That my friend is why I called you a Sheldon cooper wannabe. You both are funny though.

All I know is that last week I helped out a CAG with the Tom Petty DVD set... Media Mail was like $260. I was lucky that it was media mail-able, or I'd have taken a loss sending the set to the CAG it was going to.

Just for the record:

1) No video games qualify for media mail. It doesn't matter if they are a DVD, bluray or otherwise.
2) Most boxes weigh at least 4 ounces.
3) As long as the total weight is 13 ounces or less, it can go first class. If it is 13.01 oz or higher it has to go priority mail or parcel post (which is rarely worth it).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've given away a number of games/items I got on super cheap clearance to friends/family over the last 4-6 years(since I joined CAG). Just the look on the faces of my buddies' nieces when I handed them each a sealed/new game for their specific system was enough payment.Of course, the one year when I had a ton of GS credit I did 'cash out' a lil by buying their Wii system from GS, as well as a bunch of the games for it and selling it to their mom/stepdad for like 70-75% of cost. It was nice to help their family get stuff for the kids for Christmas AND get a lil green back in my pocket instead of the GS credit.:booty:[/QUOTE]

You know I would totally have no problem with giving away my clearance items to the kids in my family except the kids in my family are so unappreciative that they would probably throw down whatever I gave them in disgust. You can't just hand them random things regardless since if they don't like it they will tell you outright instead of shutting up and accepting the gift. If its not something they want specifically then you can't give it to them. Also if I am handing over these games I want them to actually be played, not sitting on a shelf because they don't like it or because it was too hard and frustrating or handed off to gamestop for paltry trade in the day after I gave it to them. I am better off either leaving them for the next hoarder or buying them to resell if its something I can make a profit off of, usually I just leave it on the shelf.

I'm like to add my 2 cents about shipping/packing.

First, I tend to use FCM for games and accessories and Media Mail for guides....but the really important thing I found out is that the FCM and the 13 oz rule is not so strict.

Many moons ago, I was shipping something that weighed 12 oz on my home scale (cheap food scale) and I printed my shipping label at home for 12 oz. At the Post Office, there was a scale and I just want to check the weigh again....boom 13.1 oz...sh*t. So I asked the employee what I should do? He said "Don't worry, the 13 oz rule is to keep people from sending 14 oz or bigger packages. Even if your package 13.x oz, we let it go." Then he said "Next time, if it's close to 13 oz, print the label at 13 oz and not 12 oz."
This might be a YMMV or depends on the employee's mood.

Second, some people might know this, but it's important.....boxes and thick envelopes are stored separately during shipping. Boxed items are handled much more roughly and are stacked/thrown in a basket during shipping.....thick envelopes are in a basket either vertically or low horizontal stacks . So you can cut down on the weight if you use light weight boxes inside envelopes. You don't need He-Man tough boxes.

Fedex and Flat rate boxes are light but tough so I cut the boxes (also they are free) to the size I need and put it in an envelope.

Hope this inform helps someone.

[quote name='Readthepost']Fedex and Flat rate boxes are light but tough so I cut the boxes (also they are free) to the size I need and put it in an envelope.

Hope this inform helps someone.[/QUOTE]

Technically, I think that's illegal.

[quote name='SaraAB']You know I would totally have no problem with giving away my clearance items to the kids in my family except the kids in my family are so unappreciative that they would probably throw down whatever I gave them in disgust. You can't just hand them random things regardless since if they don't like it they will tell you outright instead of shutting up and accepting the gift. If its not something they want specifically then you can't give it to them. Also if I am handing over these games I want them to actually be played, not sitting on a shelf because they don't like it or because it was too hard and frustrating or handed off to gamestop for paltry trade in the day after I gave it to them. I am better off either leaving them for the next hoarder or buying them to resell if its something I can make a profit off of, usually I just leave it on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

That's just some shitty parenting.

[quote name='Readthepost']Not illegal, but maybe not nice.[/QUOTE]

no, using the USPS boxes for other than its intended use is illegal. Fedex probably not.

[quote name='slowdive21']How much were the socks? UPC please[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']On clearance at $13.37 for one pair. The gold tips function as Playstation Moves, and they overflow the RAM when using a Kinect so Kinect games move in slow motion. Not only that- when playing DDR, the magnetized tips automatically pull towards the correct arrow buttons. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Kinda funny, just left Sears, and while I was there I passed by a bin full of clearance socks. The pack I noticed, Silver Toe by the Gold Toe Company. Normally $8, down to $5, for a whopping 3 pairs of socks.

No Live starter kits tho :( And apparently I now have a hoarder to deal with, clerk at a Sears yesterday told me I just missed the mother load, that someone just bought every $3 game they had.

^ Well, it might not be a true "horder". Last month when my Sears had all their games marked down to $3, I bought one of each and extras when I knew my friends would want them. It just so happened that they only really had one of each $3 game so I kind of wiped them out.

Found a Yamaha RX-V467 receiver on clearance for $147. The cashier thought that the last one they had was the used/beat-to-hell shelf model, but we found one new in the box on the other side of the shelf.:bouncy:

Couldn't have come at a better time, since our receiver is starting to crap out.

Also, this thread is getting way too cluttered again with off-topic banter (shipping costs/methods, etc.).

[quote name='nbballard']^ Well, it might not be a true "horder". Last month when my Sears had all their games marked down to $3, I bought one of each and extras when I knew my friends would want them. It just so happened that they only really had one of each $3 game so I kind of wiped them out.[/QUOTE]

Ok, fair enough, but it still means I probably now have some solid competition :whistle2:#

Oh, and I did pickup 2 Nyko Charge Base 2's for the PS3, 1 for me 1 for the kid. Saw the original version of the Sony Bluetooth headset for 20, but just couldn't justify buying it when I really want a Turtle Beach or Tritton. If I could only make up my mind which one hehe.

Saw 4 60GB starter kits in my local Sears at lunch. I have no need for them. I left them on the shelf... No insanely cheap games, except :ps3: band hero band kit for $29.99. If I didn't already have a fucking festival show worth of plastic band shit, I might have been interested.

No Tom Tom 540 (dammit), though they had a couple of other GPS units on clearance for decent prices. May go back and get one once I get paid next week.

[quote name='confoosious']no, using the USPS boxes for other than its intended use is illegal. Fedex probably not.[/QUOTE]
I have a Flat rate box here.

On the side of the box.
"This packaging is the property of the U.S. Postal Service and is provided solely for the use in sending Priority Mail Shipments. Misuse may be a violation of federal law. This packaging is not for resale"
It says may be a violation of federal law, not is a violation.

The solely purpose of this packaging is for sending Priority Mail shipments. This means you shouldn't use it to ship via Fedex.

It also has this on the Top front. "Please recycle."

So if you using this as protective padding, you are ok as long as you use another envelope or box as the actual packaging container. You are recycling the cardboard shipping container into padding.

Anyways, just use Fedex boxes if you feel like you're breaking the law.

You're seriously dickering over "may be a violation" and "is a violation"?

Also, you're completely wrong:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16072154/detail.html

"The Postal Service said it promotes recycling, as long as customers pay accordingly, even if the box is turned inside out."

And by extension... any other use of their boxes. When the post office says they promote recycling, they mean that they want you to put it in your recycle bin and have the materials recycled at a processing plant. They do not mean you can repurpose the boxes for any other purpose. Because otherwise, consumers can just order a ton of boxes to use for things other than intended. Need cardboard for a gardening project? Order 100 boxes. After all, you're not using it for fedex right? USPS says no way Jose.

The postal service is the govt and the govt doesn't like their money fucked with. After all, what is the difference between using a priority box inside another box "as padding" and cutting up a priority box and using it as padding? It's still a used priority box for something other than priority mail.

[quote name='Readthepost']

Anyways, just use Fedex boxes if you feel like you're breaking the law.[/QUOTE]

Idiot suggestions like this are driving FedEx & UPS to charge more and rethink free supplies.
Stop being lazy idiots and just reuse a box.
It's free and better for the now fragile environment.

[quote name='confoosious']no, using the USPS boxes for other than its intended use is illegal. Fedex probably not.[/QUOTE]

Cool. What kind of jail time or penalties does one get for doing this?

[quote name='Readthepost']I have a Flat rate box here.
It also has this on the Top front. "Please recycle."

So if you using this as protective padding, you are ok as long as you use another envelope or box as the actual packaging container. You are recycling the cardboard shipping container into padding.
[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they're asking you to recycle AFTER you'd used it for its intended purpose... :wall:

Someone tried to reuse Priority boxes for non Priority Mail and was warned they could be "charged with misuse of postal property"
http://consumerist.com/2008/05/dont-reuse-that-usps-priority-box-its-illegal.html

[quote name='donut']Idiot suggestions like this are driving FedEx & UPS to charge more and rethink free supplies.
Stop being lazy idiots and just reuse a box.
It's free and better for the now fragile environment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they used to offer free tape for Priority Mail, not anymore because people were ordering rolls and not using it for Priority.

[quote name='shoe478']Cool. What kind of jail time or penalties does one get for doing this?[/QUOTE]

Actually, from what I understand, they ship your shit back to you instead of delivering it to the addressee and you get no refund on the postage.

So while your question was flippant, the answer is actually not much fun.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What sucks is I didn't notice till I got home that they didn't give me my receipt in the bag.:roll: This now makes the second time I've had an issue with a Sears Holding Corp store, though the first one was at least partially my fault cuz I didn't fully check the damned shrinkwrap on it before I left the store and the game was MIA. But SHC-Gamer is comping me for the bs at my closest store AND the missing game via a gc, so all's well on that front.;)[/QUOTE]

I signed up for the Sears reward program and they email my receipts to me as well as giving me a physical one.

By the way, I appreciate all of your contributions over the years!

[quote name='confoosious']You're seriously dickering over "may be a violation" and "is a violation"?

Also, you're completely wrong:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16072154/detail.html

"The Postal Service said it promotes recycling, as long as customers pay accordingly, even if the box is turned inside out."

And by extension... any other use of their boxes. When the post office says they promote recycling, they mean that they want you to put it in your recycle bin and have the materials recycled at a processing plant. They do not mean you can repurpose the boxes for any other purpose. Because otherwise, consumers can just order a ton of boxes to use for things other than intended. Need cardboard for a gardening project? Order 100 boxes. After all, you're not using it for fedex right? USPS says no way Jose.

The postal service is the govt and the govt doesn't like their money fucked with. After all, what is the difference between using a priority box inside another box "as padding" and cutting up a priority box and using it as padding? It's still a used priority box for something other than priority mail.[/QUOTE]

I can see their point, if you walk into the post office grab 20 priority boxes, turn them inside out and use them to mail your own stuff, the Post Office is in effect subsidizing you. How can they tell if a box was used before if it's been turned inside out. They do make it very clear that you cannot use priority boxes for anything other than priority mail.

[quote name='confoosious']Actually, from what I understand, they ship your shit back to you instead of delivering it to the addressee and you get no refund on the postage.

So while your question was flippant, the answer is actually not much fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I would've saved 3 or 4 dollars on a box so it sounds like a wash.

If any of you actually go the PO they are pretty stringent on the rules, you might get a clerk that lets you slide on small things but that's it.

From a UPS standpoint they send supplies to anybody with an account. If they see you constantly ordering supplies but not shipping out anything UPS they are going to flag your account. Another way to get your account flagged is by using UPS supplies and ship using other methods other than UPS.

bread's done
Back