Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='Invicta 61'] Soon it is possible the game section in Sears will be gone, along with the store.[/QUOTE]

I have heard from multiple Sears employees in the Charleston, SC-area (there are x 2 full scale Sears here, not the Hometown Stores, etc.) that they are no longer selling any games, hence, I would think that's the case with all the Sears in the lower 48 (don't know about HI and AK)....

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']I have heard from multiple Sears employees in the Charleston, SC-area (there are x 2 full scale Sears here, not the Hometown Stores, etc.) that they are no longer selling any games, hence, I would think that's the case with all the Sears in the lower 48 (don't know about HI and AK)....[/QUOTE]

I was just at one last night. They are still sellling games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:Yeah. It did seem like as soon as his name was mentioned in any way other than blindly praising him it was deleted post haste. It was pretty funny to see the Kmart Defense Force come out in full anytime someone dared to disparage these 'great deals' he was doing for them.

The only halfway decent deals I got in on while he was doing them was that L.A. Noire deal(free $20 game and a $20 off coupon) and the Fallout New Vegas coaster coupons.

I was pretty successful in getting help resolving customer service issues without him in times past. For example, I did the survey on a receipt from a further off Sears store(Stroudsburg, PA) and let their manager know about the employees standing there watching ESPN rather than help customers. I received a call from the manager himself and the next time I was in that store all of those employees were working and not watching tv.:evil:

But yeah, he did get a gift card out to me to make up for the one ahole employee here being rude to me and the missing $5 game I bought up in NY state. Thing is, I think I went back to that mall store up there within a month, but I forgot to bring the empty case with me to get a refund there. I think I still have that case somewhere around here in the collection of empty cases I bought from HWV when they were going outta biz.

I had this same kinda issue with Circuit City up in NY state back in the day. Their employees never marked anything down, so I was routinely getting games marked $40-50 for $2-4. That is, untill the one bitch manager pulled a hissy fit and wanted to know how I knew the prices would be so cheap and then refused to sell me anything unless I paid the sticker price.:lol:

I wanted ME2 for the longest time too. But I'm glad I waited like I did, since I got it a couple months ago for $5 after the @Gamer coupon.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure NY state has a pricing law that says if an item rings up in the register at a lower price than the sticker price than they have to give you the price that rings up in the register. If stores were allowed to tell you, you had to pay sticker price then what they could do is effectively just say the price is wrong on non-stickered items and raise prices arbitrarily for customers. Obviously, this would be a huge problem. So what that Circuit city was doing was most likely illegal in this state, I would have contacted the attorney general about it, but they are out of business for a reason.

Sears also has a price match policy that states if the item is priced lower on the tag than it is in the register they will give you $5 off the item or the item is free if its under $5. But I am not sure if this is in effect anymore. Though I don't think I have ever seen this happen.

Just got back from checking my Sears. Looks like there were some small drops for May, approximately $2-$3. The prices are still too high for me so I didn't check many specific games (the employee was actually just re-tagging them), but some games did not drop at all such as the UC 1+2 bundle.

Not sure if we'll see the huge drops like last year, but 90% of my Sears gaming section was on clearance.

Wii

Flingsmash $19.97
Spongebob Squigglepants 19.97
Birthday Party bash $6.97

DS

Zelda Spirit tracks $19.97

I saw an Uncharted dual pack at my store. Don't remember the exact price but Google shopping has it listed at $34.97. Probably last month's price, so it may be lower now.

[quote name='shieryda']I saw an Uncharted dual pack at my store. Don't remember the exact price but Google shopping has it listed at $34.97. Probably last month's price, so it may be lower now.[/QUOTE]
It was $30.97 here last month and Google Shopping is showing $28.97 now for it. It went down a whole $2. Woopity freakin' doo.:roll:

As for Sears no longer selling games, I'm leaning towards that being true, since the store up in DeWitt(NY) on Tuesday had 90-95% of their games on clearance.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It was $30.97 here last month and Google Shopping is showing $28.97 now for it. It went down a whole $2. Woopity freakin' doo.:roll:

As for Sears no longer selling games, I'm leaning towards that being true, since the store up in DeWitt(NY) on Tuesday had 90-95% of their games on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure this has been updated already? It shows the same price for the uncharted dual pack but the flingsmash is listed at 29.97 in my store and not 19.97 as reported by others here. Usually it takes until Saturday or Sunday for the update to hit google shopping.

edit:

I just checked my list of prices I found through google shopping last month, the prices have NOT updated yet. Last month they didn't update until late morning on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure. I stopped bothering with Sears clearance a while ago cuz of everything taking forfuckinever to drop to $10 or less anymore. I still go into the stores occasionally to see if I can find anything at a halfway decent price. But the last thing I found and bought(before the PSPGo's) was :ps3:Little Big Planet vanilla for $10 last fall.

No drops at my local Sears...however, to my delight, there was a big 50% off all videogames & accessories sign! Someone had already cleared out the cheapest stuff, but I grabbed one of every good game listed at $30 or less. Nice haul today.

VM

[quote name='vmaestro']No drops at my local Sears...however, to my delight, there was a big 50% off all videogames & accessories sign! Someone had already cleared out the cheapest stuff, but I grabbed one of every good game listed at $30 or less. Nice haul today.

VM[/QUOTE]

ALL videogames and accessories?! Lucky.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As for Sears no longer selling games, I'm leaning towards that being true, since the store up in DeWitt(NY) on Tuesday had 90-95% of their games on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Did you take notice of a Sears around PA closing down couple months ago? A few months ago the local Sears had a much smaller selection of games of only the newer/more expensive stuff. The guy said they shipped off a good chunk of the games to a closing store of which I can't remember which Sears it was.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Did you take notice of a Sears around PA closing down couple months ago? A few months ago the local Sears had a much smaller selection of games of only the newer/more expensive stuff. The guy said they shipped off a good chunk of the games to a closing store of which I can't remember which Sears it was.[/QUOTE]

Which side of PA are you talking about?
The ones around Pitt are bogus as of the last few months:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not sure. I stopped bothering with Sears clearance a while ago cuz of everything taking forfuckinever to drop to $10 or less anymore. I still go into the stores occasionally to see if I can find anything at a halfway decent price. But the last thing I found and bought(before the PSPGo's) was :ps3:Little Big Planet vanilla for $10 last fall.[/QUOTE]
Same here pretty much. Very few games are on clearance and the ones that are haven't changed in months. Last time I went, they still had bins 95% full of Where The Wild Things Are, Minute To Win It, Cid The Dummy, and DefJam Rap Star (or whatever it's called).

[quote name='FOnewearl']Did you take notice of a Sears around PA closing down couple months ago? A few months ago the local Sears had a much smaller selection of games of only the newer/more expensive stuff. The guy said they shipped off a good chunk of the games to a closing store of which I can't remember which Sears it was.[/QUOTE]
No. If anything I've noticed a few Sears stores popping up on the Google Shopping thing that I don't even think exist. It listed one in Marshall's Creek, right near the NJ border, even though there's already one in Stroudsburg.

I also noticed the sign for a Sears store in a shopping center along I-81 up in NY state(near Cortland) that I had never noticed before. I checked some random stuff on Google Shopping and it DID list that store but everything I checked was OOS at that one. Weird.

[quote name='shieryda']ALL videogames and accessories?! Lucky.[/QUOTE]

Yes! They wouldn't apply it to the Kinect, though. Not a worry, as I did quite well otherwise.

They confirmed that all Sears stores are getting rid of their videogames so they can leave that aspect of the business to KMart...something that we all know can only end well. :lol::lol:

[quote name='vmaestro']Yes! They wouldn't apply it to the Kinect, though. Not a worry, as I did quite well otherwise.

They confirmed that all Sears stores are getting rid of their videogames so they can leave that aspect of the business to KMart...something that we all know can only end well. :lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

WHA???? All Sears or all Sears in your area? That's a massive change. Sears has been selling games for so long.

[quote name='Narok']Checked my store and they still had clearance stickers dated to February, very disappointing.[/QUOTE]
You should still check the prices on those games, even if they're still only marked with FEB stickers. That's how many of us used to get insane deals, since stuff isn't stickered or stickered with the current price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You should still check the prices on those games, even if they're still only marked with FEB stickers. That's how many of us used to get insane deals, since stuff isn't stickered or stickered with the current price.[/QUOTE]

I figured everyone in this thread already knew that Sears employees are lazy and don't update the stickers? Regardless, tomorrow google shopping should update and it will time to go shopping. :)

agreed. i took a couple games downstairs to price check them and all were cheaper then the stickers. for ps3 bayonetta 12.97, little big planet 2 19.97, and nba jam 19.97

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You should still check the prices on those games, even if they're still only marked with FEB stickers. That's how many of us used to get insane deals, since stuff isn't stickered or stickered with the current price.[/QUOTE]

I checked Google Shopping and they were listed as the same so I figured no drop. I'll have to get a few scanned tomorrow before work to be sure, I really want to pick up Ghost of Sparta for sub $10.

Saw a 250gb Xbox 360 for $287.97. The black PSP-GO was still stickered at $99.97. The PSP-3000 was MSRP at my local store, but I've seen it on clearance at other stores. Anyone see a price yet?

Off topic, but the PS2 has hit clearance at BB. It's still $89.99 but it's still in the clearance cycle.

Are you guys get random amount of Shop your way rewards money to spend? 2 weeks, I got $10. This week it's $5?

[quote name='shieryda']I was just at one last night. They are still sellling games.[/QUOTE]

What I guess I was trying to say, was that they will 'soon' no longer be selling video games. Eg: I asked them, "Are you guys not going to be selling games anymore?", Each employee stated "No, we aren't going to be selling video games anymore."

Yes, they are still selling games (at present) but I would suspect that by by August-ish, they will have unloaded everything and by 2013 (at the latest) no longer have games on the shelves.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As for Sears no longer selling games, I'm leaning towards that being true, since the store up in DeWitt(NY) on Tuesday had 90-95% of their games on clearance.[/QUOTE]

I am 100% 'confident' that Sears will no longer be selling video games. Several months ago, I overheard a couple of employees saying, "I don't know if we are going to be selling video games anymore." Last week, I spoke with the same employees and they stated, "We will not be selling video games anymore."

I wouldn't think this is exclusive to my area (Charleston, SC), as these stores do pretty well (financially)/are not in lieu of closing or anything. I am am 99.9% 'confident'/'convinced' (though I have no crystal ball) that all Sears stores will no longer be selling them...the writing is on the wall(s) (or lacktherof, if you've been in a Sears lately), in my opinion.

Ah, gotta love Google Shopping and how when you click on "sort low to high pricing" it NEVER actually puts it in that order and it's still seemingly random.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Are you guys get random amount of Shop your way rewards money to spend? 2 weeks, I got $10. This week it's $5?[/QUOTE]

I got a fiver yesterday. Taking back my copy of NHL 11 to rebuy with the extra $5 off.

[quote name='MasaTFC']Which side of PA are you talking about?
The ones around Pitt are bogus as of the last few months:cry:[/QUOTE]

It would be around northeastern, central PA. Actually I just did a search on google and found a list - I think it may have been the Pottstown Sears that was closing that they sent all of the games to.

Last week's list I posted at 4:47 so if it doesn't update in the next half hour, either very few things dropped in price, the drop doesn't go into affect until next Friday, or Google Shopping is taking longer than normal.

edit:

Has anyone actually been to Sears and can they VERIFY that the prices are different than they were last month? Google Shopping hasn't updated yet so I'm thinking that there was NO price drop this week. Maybe they went back to their old schedule of the first Friday of the month that falls on a full week.

I scanned a handful of stuff, but most I was interested in was now locked up in the case as almost everything is now in the cases since the number of games left is significantly less. Everything I scanned was the same as it was previously. I didn't see any price stickers from this month out though. So, either there were very minimal price drops or they haven't been enacted yet. Went ahead and picked up 4000 XBL points for $40 just cause I need more points and rarely find deals on them. 20% off is better than nothing.

From what the managers in the electronics dept told me, Sears will no longer be selling videogames. No reason given, other than I could imagine them not being profitable for the company (then again, with the state they're in- what is?).

Unfortunately, our store sucks and would rather return older games/handhelds (like the PSP Go) to the warehouse than mark them down, so I don't expect many further clearance sales.

swung by sears on my way to watch the Avengers, they have the same old crap as a month ago, Portal 2 marked at 39.99 rang up at 29.99, what a joke.

[quote name='Firecrest']From what the managers in the electronics dept told me, Sears will no longer be selling videogames. No reason given, other than I could imagine them not being profitable for the company (then again, with the state they're in- what is?).
[/QUOTE]

I believe it. I've never seen anyone else buying games at Sears. A couple of times I've noticed some clearance stuff I had my eye on had vanished, but all the MSRP stuff - Assassins Creed, Call of duty etc, all just sits there in the glass cases. Nobody goes to Sears to buy games.

The only time I have seen people buy games at Sears is when other stores are out of a game that is popular and since no one buys games at Sears, they had it in stock or during the holidays

[quote name='SaraAB']I know its irrelevant but for those that don't know pretty much every Sears location, at least here has free Wifi, that means you can look stuff up in the store if you have an iPod touch or a wifi only device.

You will need a device that can do a login though (its just a login screen with a checkbox), which the DSi can't do, but I think the 3DS can do it and I know the iPod touch can.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Hope I remember to try that if I find a cheap game and want to see it's value and I hope the store has wifi!

[quote name='deadtrees']Picked up a Nyko Chargestation Quad (PS3) for $2.97 at the Moorestown, NJ store (one left, albeit opened). Also had Kinect sensor TV stands for $4.97. Price tags were handwritten.[/QUOTE]

Oh yessss....!!! That's what I want! Going to check a store and see if I find it! Thanks! :)

Yeah I believe that Sears has decided to phase out their games section. None of my managers know what is going on nor do they know if they are phasing out the game section. They are still selling consoles and handhelds at a steady pace at my store.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']One day, a Sears employee told me they're going to stop selling games.[/QUOTE]

This is most likely what is happening. There's so much confusion in management (new manager in Brand Central) I'm not sure what is happening right now. Sears hasn't really told us what is going on at our store. I tell customers that the video game section is phasing out though.

Also off topic but Shop Your Way Rewards will require an email in order to earn points. I think they switch over to the new method in June.

[quote name='ImperialPie']This is most likely what is happening. There's so much confusion in management (new manager in Brand Central) I'm not sure what is happening right now. Sears hasn't really told us what is going on at our store. I tell customers that the video game section is phasing out though.

Also off topic but Shop Your Way Rewards will require an email in order to earn points. I think they switch over to the new method in June.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. I have a physical card.

I thought it already required one. Hmm.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I believe it. I've never seen anyone else buying games at Sears. A couple of times I've noticed some clearance stuff I had my eye on had vanished, but all the MSRP stuff - Assassins Creed, Call of duty etc, all just sits there in the glass cases. Nobody goes to Sears to buy games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's pretty sad. I won't even shoplift there anymore.

bread's done
Back