Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='danrowcotsky']The Sears in Exton PA is desperate to get rid of most of their video game items. Ironically, the best prices were on the items locked up in the glass and not the items in the Clearance bins nearby. Lots of the good stuff is gone now...I had to help out some family, friends, and co-workers.:)

3DS systems: $20-30
DSi XL systems: $15-20
DSi systems: $20
Many $0.97 games: COD: MW3, NSMB Wii, Zelda: Skyward, Zelda: Ocarina, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Batman: AC....
Wiimote with Motion Plus: $2

There was some stuff left after I was done, but a few co-workers were headed in, so who knows now.

I couldn't believe the prices or how calm the employee was while it was all ringing up.[/QUOTE]

too far of a drive and too late to bother if it was close >.> why cant my sears do this?!?

they still have an infaous 2 ps3 for 300 here >.> and i was just there after the dentist!

Went to my local Sears yesterday and they had audit tags on the glass display cases. From what I could read from the sloppy handwriting they had a value for each section of the display case. Is this normal or are they prepairing to have a sale or ship them elsewhere?

[quote name='danrowcotsky']The Sears in Exton PA is desperate to get rid of most of their video game items. Ironically, the best prices were on the items locked up in the glass and not the items in the Clearance bins nearby. Lots of the good stuff is gone now...I had to help out some family, friends, and co-workers.:)

Many $0.97 games: COD: MW3, NSMB Wii, Zelda: Skyward, Zelda: Ocarina, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Batman: AC....

There was some stuff left after I was done, but a few co-workers were headed in, so who knows now.

I couldn't believe the prices or how calm the employee was while it was all ringing up.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck?!! And I just looked on my map and that Sears is 20 miles away from me.. WTF?!!!!! GOD DANG IT!

[quote name='superhippy1986']What the fuck?!! And I just looked on my map and that Sears is 20 miles away from me.. WTF?!!!!! GOD DANG IT![/QUOTE]
I forgot where you were from, even though I remember asking you. I have a feeling that most Sears stores are going to do one of these mega blowouts sometime soon and that all of us should be paying close attention to our closest stores and checking every day if possible.

This is gonna be like that first epic Circuit City and/or Best Buy clearance blowout I got in on soon after I joined, where it was a free-for-all after that list was posted.

Mind ya, with the BB clearance most of the shit was long sold out, but I still got some gems from that sale. The CC sale on the other hand was phenomenal.;):D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I forgot where you were from, even though I remember asking you. I have a feeling that most Sears stores are going to do one of these mega blowouts sometime soon and that all of us should be paying close attention to our closest stores and checking every day if possible.

This is gonna be like that first epic Circuit City and/or Best Buy clearance blowout I got in on soon after I joined, where it was a free-for-all after that list was posted.

Mind ya, with the BB clearance most of the shit was long sold out, but I still got some gems from that sale. The CC sale on the other hand was phenomenal.;):D[/QUOTE]

I was at my sears a few weeks ago and the employee repricing the clearance games told me that this kind of sale is going to happen at my store. I forget his exact words, but he said "Pretty soon, these clearance games are going to be ridiculously cheap. I mean really really cheap, so make sure to check back here later."

I keep checking back every week or so. I don't think it's happened. I'd check every day but this store is about an hour and a half round trip drive from my home.

Is there a specific day of the week this is likely to happen? Like when Sears does price drops? Or is it completely random depending on the store?

Pics?

[quote name='Invicta 61']Went to my local Sears yesterday and they had audit tags on the glass display cases. From what I could read from the sloppy handwriting they had a value for each section of the display case. Is this normal or are they prepairing to have a sale or ship them elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

sounds like inventory, do other parts of the store have those tags?

[quote name='ets']sounds like inventory, do other parts of the store have those tags?[/QUOTE]

The one sears I was at had similar tags, such as No Value, Return to Warehouse something or other, Its from an inventory check.

Supposedly my store was just raided by the employees on the DS systems, but they still had a few out with MSRP tags, so I may go back tomorrow and ask around.

Ended up walking out with 3 titles for $23.05
-Cars 2 for X360
-NHL 12 for X360
-Transformers for PS3

2 of those titles won't be in my hands long :lol:

My mall closes in thirty minutes where sears is... I'll check first thing in the morning. It's only 5 minutes from me. But I don't think my sears even has games.

[quote name='ets']sounds like inventory, do other parts of the store have those tags?[/QUOTE]

I only looked around in the electronics section, but the games area was the only section that had these tags. The tags listed total value of the section, number of skus and the initials of the person doing the audit.

I checked back tonight, the tags were still taped to the glass displays and clearance basket.

Had a really random but awesome find tonight!

Picked up a 12 month xbox live starter pack for 29.99 (with PGR4 + Headset+ Chatpad)

Wandered over to the stuff behind the glass and thought it was 2005 all of a sudden. They had sealed Slim PS2's marked at 40 bucks. I picked up a silver one, will probably keep it sealed for now. Guy said they found a few in the back that were hidden for a few years.

Also of note at mine, they had a ton of game systems, but no clearance stickers. I would have stuck around and asked him to scan a few but it was getting late and he had a few other customers. May check back in tomorrow. Is it mixed reviews on systems scanning for much lower than regular price? Any chance of a "nationwide" clearance or is it always going to be at the stores discretion?

Word to the wise......

Pricechecks, Pricechecks, Pricechecks...

I went to my local Sears today while on my way to work and picked up Mass Effect 2, which was labeled at $14.99. It scanned up at the register for $9.99. I asked the sales associate if all games in inventory on the accessible display racks are clearanced and he said that the prices labeled aren't necessarily correct. In reference to games behind the glass case, his response was the prices were hit or miss as far as clearance. So... tomorrow I'm making a trip since I'll have more time since it's my day off.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']Word to the wise......

Pricechecks, Pricechecks, Pricechecks...

I went to my local Sears today while on my way to work and picked up Mass Effect 2, which was labeled at $14.99. It scanned up at the register for $9.99. I asked the sales associate if all games in inventory on the accessible display racks are clearanced and he said that the prices labeled aren't necessarily correct. In reference to games behind the glass case, his response was the prices were hit or miss as far as clearance. So... tomorrow I'm making a trip since I'll have more time since it's my day off.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll have to head down there again tomorrow. My store had all sorts of systems and games, and most of them had clearance tags on them, but most not more than 25% off. I wish google shopping worked!

Also saw a 320GB Uncharted PS3 with a broken HDMI port on clearance, anyone know what kind of price that would be fair at? It just had yellow clearance sticker but was in a hurry. I'd probably pick up component cables anyways as my TV has both it's HDMI ports taken.

yea I didn't get a chance to spend too much time in there today but mine (Media, PA) had quite a few games behind the glass case, and the associate was pretty helpful compared to some I've dealt with in there. Gamewise, I've been watching LittleBigPlanet ... Sears has it, but I need a price check... I already scoped out the CE w/ the plush toy at Kmart that's selling for $19.99 now. I'll bite for $10, maybe $15. Also quite a few others such as Homefront, COD MW2, COD WaW, etc that I'd like to see prices for at Sears. If I can get them at around the $10 range I may bite. The actual "clearance" bin at my closest store is trash since it's mainly full of old sports games and singit/rock band games. If you have time, get what you're interested in scanned...

[quote name='fearMr.Met']yea I didn't get a chance to spend too much time in there today but mine (Media, PA) had quite a few games behind the glass case, and the associate was pretty helpful compared to some I've dealt with in there. Gamewise, I've been watching LittleBigPlanet ... Sears has it, but I need a price check... I already scoped out the CE w/ the plush toy at Kmart that's selling for $19.99 now. I'll bite for $10, maybe $15. Also quite a few others such as Homefront, COD MW2, COD WaW, etc that I'd like to see prices for at Sears. If I can get them at around the $10 range I may bite. The actual "clearance" bin at my closest store is trash since it's mainly full of old sports games and singit/rock band games. If you have time, get what you're interested in scanned...[/QUOTE]

I'm letting you do all my dirty work since we both live in the same area lol.

Damn, that's a 2 min detour on the way home. Wish i saw this yesterday.

My local finally moved all the games out of the locked cases and into a dumpbin. Saw only a few August tags: namely Mass Effect 2 PS3 for $9.xx, GOW Collection for $9.xx and Golden Sun DS for $9.xx (didn't check 360 or Wii stuff). Almost bit on Golden Sun, but I can live without it (unless it hits $5). Everything else was still marked with March/April tags. Nothing going console-wise that I could see.

I just know they'll do some crazy sale on the day I can't go in....would be just my luck.

I'm thinking about checking Sears either Sunday or Monday. They probably won't have much, but it's worth a try.

Edit: Scratch that. Looks like I'm going today! Wish me luck as well! Just read through the entire post at SD, and the one guy posted a receipt showing that he got a PS3 for $144 before tax. That's a hell of a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pookymeister']Damn, that's a 2 min detour on the way home. Wish i saw this yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I would have bought a 3DS for keeps & one to trade to amazon for almost 100 in credit..

[quote name='Pookymeister']Damn, that's a 2 min detour on the way home. Wish i saw this yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I find a lot of this hard to believe. I spoke with the electronics lead who changes the pricing at my local store for a while yesterday. She wouldn't budge on any pricing, even as far as going to the store manager to see if they are dropping prices this low.

[quote name='Romeo']I find a lot of this hard to believe. I spoke with the electronics lead who changes the pricing at my local store for a while yesterday. She wouldn't budge on any pricing, even as far as going to the store manager to see if they are dropping prices this low.[/QUOTE]
They probably won't advertise if they're gonna do some massive blowout sale. It's probably just gonna be employees hoarding everything for something like this unfortunately. Unless we all check daily and have stuff price checked I doubt we'll get in on this.

Holy shit!! If this post from SD has any semblance of truth to it, then I know where I'm gonna be come Friday morning.:shock:;)
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=52637882&postcount=298

Yeah its YMMV depending on the store but I talked to the coporate Sears number and they said this Friday its nationwide in the system. call up your store and say gibberish when it asks what you want and it will redirect you to the Sears hotline.
:drool:

[quote name='Romeo']I find a lot of this hard to believe. I spoke with the electronics lead who changes the pricing at my local store for a while yesterday. She wouldn't budge on any pricing, even as far as going to the store manager to see if they are dropping prices this low.[/QUOTE]

I believe that this may be due to the fact that the new pricings are at the discretion of the people in charge of that section and maybe they hadn't decided what to do yet. I overheard two employees talking about the price changes on the xbox 360's and one said "I guess since we can do whatever we want we can drop these systems from 289.99 to say 224.99 and see how many we can clear." :whee:

I spoke to the older gentlemen about what they were discussing and he said they will be clearing out entire video game section, it'll just take some time.

If this was the old Sears clearance pricing, then stuff would've all been put on the schedule and dropped at monthly intervals automatically in the system till it reached 90% off. Of course, if it were like it was a couple of years ago, stuff might even go beyond that 90% off and be re-clearanced down to pennies on the dollar.

I remember getting PSP games for $.27 each at a Sears out in NJ a few years ago.:drool: Ahhhh....the glory days of clearance, when shit wasn't up to 'managers' discretion'. Unfortunately the managers around here think their shit is gold or they feel obligated to put limits on what you can buy.

Albeit that'll work out for me if they do this 80% off or more on consoles, since at least then I won't have to worry bout that prick local game store owner and his one butt buddy coming in and grabbing up 90% of everything.;)

This summer/fall may be a great time for clearance deals, especially if stores are closing/video game inventory is getting blown out.

Some of you have been pretty damn lucky this past couple weeks.

I might check the downtown sears next door. This past few weeks, the Sears been having some good clearence deals. It would be lovely if the 3DS was that low. I don't have to worry about getting it for my son on Christmas.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Holy shit!! If this post from SD has any semblance of truth to it, then I know where I'm gonna be come Friday morning.:shock:;)
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=52637882&postcount=298

:drool:[/QUOTE]
That's good enough for me to check in on one of my Sears on the way home from work on Friday. Thankfully that Sears is pretty dead, so even if I wait until after work I should be able to find something (if in fact there is a nationwide clearance, which is doubtful, but one can dream).

[quote name='superhippy1986']I'm letting you do all my dirty work since we both live in the same area lol.[/QUOTE]

all good bro. I need to make a trip over there anyway today for a new car battery, so at least I'll have something to do while I wait. It does sound YMMV, but who knows. I was satisfied with the $14.98 ME2 Tag but an additional 33% I'll take... Ha maybe I'll get lucky and Sears Auto will have a few markdowns also.

If it is somehow true, then I would likely be there at opening come Friday. Unless your store you plan on hitting has instituted limits, you'd be surprised how many other deal hunters will come out of the woodwork for a good to great deal.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If it is somehow true, then I would likely be there at opening come Friday. Unless your store you plan on hitting has instituted limits, you'd be surprised how many other deal hunters will come out of the woodwork for a good to great deal.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately this Sears opens up at 10am, so unless I want to take some time off of work I won't be able to stop by in the morning beforehand. I'll take chance on it either way, and report my success / failure afterwards :D

Well I had the employee check a pink and a flame red 3DS and they all came up 169.99. Obviously, I didn't risk asking him about a nationwide blowout on Friday but I think he would have told me after doing the scanning if he heard anything. He was a really nice guy but I guess if he did know anything he would be planning a hoard for himself. I'm finding all this to be really hard to believe, I mean...20-30 bucks? The person reporting this still hasn't shown a pic, right?

I've got work tonight and given how slow it usually is on a weekday, I should have plenty of time to go through and price check my local games and consoles. :D

No gaming section clearance going on at my local Sears. Their clearance rack with some decent titles has shrunk quite a bit since the last time I visited there. The games and accessories all rang up as priced as marked, and no PSP, DS, or PS2s at my local store.

Guess I'll be rounding up my two Sons and heading to Sears for opening on Friday haha...some of those potential deals are good enough that I can't keep the flipper/profiteer side from making an appearance. Of course if I saw some of the stuff people are talking about I'd keep a few things for myself too. In fact, had some trouble on my cell phone bill so I'm going to need to drive right by Sears today anyway, may as well just stop in quick to check.

Funny how all the noobs can't believe these prices. It's just because their not used to getting these deals. I grabbed 2 dsi's last week for $25.93 each.

[quote name='lude21']Funny how all the noobs can't believe these prices. It's just because their not used to getting these deals. I grabbed 2 dsi's last week for $25.93 each.[/QUOTE]

I wish I lived in your area, all the sears stores around me have almost higher prices on their clearance games than GameStop has on their used games and they have all console marked off at like $20 off MSRP

I believe it but I haven't seen any signs of this locally, all of our Sears stores seem to still be selling video games and getting new releases. No Sears store has told me they will completely stop selling video games. Can anyone confirm that ALL Sears stores are going to stop selling video games? I wouldn't expect Sears to clearance out 3DS systems before the holidays, but I can see them clearanceing the other, older systems they have to make room for more tablets and stuff. I have seen signs of tablets appearing at local Sears but there are several stores that have fresh video game stock.

Just a FYI for any of the local CAGers in the Philly area, the Sears in Exton, PA is completely wiped out, so don't waste your time. The one in the King of Prussia mall had some PS3 Eye cameras and chatpads on clearance.

bread's done
Back