Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If this sale/clearance was going to be universal for once, then it might likely go by the standard clearance schedule for markdowns. That being the first Friday of the month, which would actually be September 7th since August 24st is this Friday. So it could possibly be 2 weeks from now for all we know.

Of course, knowing my luck they will drop everything tomorrow in the afternoon or evening sometime and I'll miss it completely.:roll: That's what happened when the did a blowout on most of the remaining older games that were clearanced. They put up a 75-80% off clearance sign on the dump bin and then one of the local game store owners and his one buddy cleaned them the fuck out.:roll:[/QUOTE]

This. I'm guessing that some of the competition for getting these bargains is coming not just from eBay, Craigslist, and Amazon flippers, but from local game stores (even G***S**p) who are savvy to our cheap-ass ways.

I don't think many of these blowout sales have limits as to how many copies of a game you can purchase and/or have the "No Dealers" proviso... better for those looking to make a buck (more power to them, really), but not so good for us poor schmucks who've been waiting for a price drop so we can buy a single copy to play.

Ay dios mio, los hoardos... :headache:

Yeah. But most of the stores in the area have the local game store owners number already and I think even the management at BB is considering banning him from buying from there. Most of them know him to see him and supposedly the closest Sears store is putting a limit of one per console or item on stuff if/when they do another blowout sale to eliminate stock.

Nearly everything was gone as far as hardware and recent games at the Exton Mall Sears. I'm not sure what they had marked everything down to, but an associate said that it had all been sold. It had to have happened in the last week, as I'd been stopping by almost every week. All they had left was the little cart of older games.

UPDATE:

Went to the Sears on Boston Rd. in Springfield, MA and they had all the games they have left in a bin and the prices sucked. Most of the good games were still full price. Asked if they could give me a better price for Skyrim or MW3 since they were still $60 each but nothing.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. But most of the stores in the area have the local game store owners number already and I think even the management at BB is considering banning him from buying from there. Most of them know him to see him and supposedly the closest Sears store is putting a limit of one per console or item on stuff if/when they do another blowout sale to eliminate stock.[/QUOTE]
Me and my friend found out earlier that one of the local sears we go to won't even be reducing clearance anymore because apparently people would buy out everything in the games department to sell it for a higher profit, so now they've decided not to lower the games or consoles.

Hunt Valley, MD store:

PS3 Wireless Keyboard: $4.97
Wii Calssic Controllers: $8.97
Wiimotes: $4.97
Wii Nunchucks: $4.97
360 only Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack: $4.97

Much more. They told me if stuff doesn't sell today it gets sent back tomorrow.

Sears employees admitting that they and other employees took all the good stuff last week. $30 kinects, $100 4GB 360s, $135 UC3 PS3 bundle. Also one employee was actually calling GS for TIVs on stuff they had left. GS employee suggested eBay and CL or return fraud to Walmart and Target.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went back to Sears to pick up Skyrim they had marked for $30 for a friend and the video games section is now completely empty. They rolled all the 50-75% bins off the floor and emptied about 90% of what they had on the shelf and locked them up in back. When I asked where did it all go I was told to come back next week. (fingers crossed for a sale next week)

Am joining the party a little late now - going to swing by my local Sears on the way home from work. It looks pretty hit or miss for a lot of you guys.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Me and my friend found out earlier that one of the local sears we go to won't even be reducing clearance anymore because apparently people would buy out everything in the games department to sell it for a higher profit, so now they've decided not to lower the games or consoles.[/QUOTE]
That sucks. But I can kinda see where they're coming from. Although at least the inventory was selling as opposed to sitting there collecting dust.
[quote name='klimb22']Hunt Valley, MD store:

PS3 Wireless Keyboard: $4.97
Wii Calssic Controllers: $8.97
Wiimotes: $4.97
Wii Nunchucks: $4.97
Skylanders packs (3 figures and game) all systems: $4.97

Much more. They told me if stuff doesn't sell today it gets sent back tomorrow.

Sears employees admitting that they and other employees took all the good stuff last week. $30 kinects, $100 4GB 360s, $135 UC3 PS3 bundle. Also one employee was actually calling GS for TIVs on stuff they had left. GS employee suggested eBay and CL or return fraud to Walmart and Target.[/QUOTE]
Lucky SOB. Were those Skylanders packs the big starter packs with the base for putting the figures into to scan into the game?

I hit up a Sears out in San Bernardino, CA. There was a guy marking items down, but they were practically FULL PRICE. Had him scan a few things, all full price. Is there a science to the this madness ? A schedule for the price drops?

[quote name='str8gamer23']I hit up a Sears out in San Bernardino, CA. There was a guy marking items down, but they were practically FULL PRICE. Had him scan a few things, all full price. Is there a science to the this madness ? A schedule for the price drops?[/QUOTE]

There used to be but now it's just a shitfest wild west style. It seems it's not nationwide and some stores are discounting more than others.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']big starter packs with the base for putting the figures into to scan into the game?[/QUOTE]
My bad. It was the 360 ones only, but yes it was the Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Were those Skylanders packs the big starter packs with the base for putting the figures into to scan into the game?[/QUOTE]

Those are the packs my Sears had on sale but for $15+tax (PS3 and Wii were not on sale)

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Me and my friend found out earlier that one of the local sears we go to won't even be reducing clearance anymore because apparently people would buy out everything in the games department to sell it for a higher profit, so now they've decided not to lower the games or consoles.[/QUOTE]

Did they say how they expect to sell the old stuff, then? Perhaps put a manager in charge of Sears ebay listings? They're really thinking outta the box here

^ The guy just said that they're going to keep it at regular price or the clearanced price that it already is. And also that it had been a long while since they stopped reducing clearance.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. But most of the stores in the area have the local game store owners number already and I think even the management at BB is considering banning him from buying from there. Most of them know him to see him and supposedly the closest Sears store is putting a limit of one per console or item on stuff if/when they do another blowout sale to eliminate stock.[/QUOTE]

They will just come with 30 friends in tow to buy it all out, though I am not sure if a person like this would be able to keep friends, enough to go with them on a buyout like this.

IMO, this stuff isn't going to make you THAT much profit on ebay, these are also high theft items so you are likely to get scammed when selling on ebay, considering fees, your gas money driving around to different Sears, and most Sears stores only have 1-2 of each item left, so you can't make a profit off 30-40 of them. I remember when Kaybee had a big game sale and 2 guys went across several states buying all the games up but eventually their credit cards got flagged for fraud... so buying from multiple locations in that quantity really doesn't work. A lot of the systems on sale are older and in less demand, but I have to admit that if you hold onto a boxed DSi for 5-10 years you might be able to get a decent amount of money for it down the line, that is if its even going to be worth anything since it contains a lithium battery which more or less will be dead by then, but if you are going for immediate flips then you will make less.

[quote name='SaraAB']They will just come with 30 friends in tow to buy it all out, though I am not sure if a person like this would be able to keep friends, enough to go with them on a buyout like this.[/quote]
According to the one guy who works at this sellers' closest store and has been his friend since HS or so the owner has very few friends. So you might just be right.;)
IMO, this stuff isn't going to make you THAT much profit on ebay, these are also high theft items so you are likely to get scammed when selling on ebay, considering fees, your gas money driving around to different Sears, and most Sears stores only have 1-2 of each item left, so you can't make a profit off 30-40 of them. I remember when Kaybee had a big game sale and 2 guys went across several states buying all the games up but eventually their credit cards got flagged for fraud... so buying from multiple locations in that quantity really doesn't work. A lot of the systems on sale are older and in less demand, but I have to admit that if you hold onto a boxed DSi for 5-10 years you might be able to get a decent amount of money for it down the line, that is if its even going to be worth anything since it contains a lithium battery which more or less will be dead by then, but if you are going for immediate flips then you will make less.
That's kind of what I did with pennied game guides when I first got on CAG. I'd go around the Tri-State area cleaning out what were gold mine BB and GS stores. Once the managers and DM's saw those massive amounts of guides leaving the stores for transactions that most of the time didn't even total over $1 those stores quickly dried up for future runs. But what I really messed up on was not selling them as I was buying them. By the time I tried to sell a few, most weren't worth squat.:whistle2:#

I did get a manager to mark down a 8 GB vita memory card to 4.49 today, so it wasn't a total waste. The skylanders wii packs are still full price, same with the black mario wii bundle.

Torrance, CA:

Went on Wed and the employee told me to check back Fri to cause they might be marking stuff down. Went today and no luck. Even the clearence stuff wasn't well priced. BUT a different employee told me today that they were getting rid of their games section except the hardware starting middle of next month. So a few more weeks and fingers crossed!

No consoles marked down in Pensacola, FL. Picked up pokemon heart gold for $20. Alot of games reduced but nothing worth going out for.

[quote name='jkam']There used to be but now it's just a shitfest wild west style. It seems it's not nationwide and some stores are discounting more than others.[/QUOTE]

The reason everything is a crapshoot is because all of these discounts are based off of VOM reports. Every X number of days, an item will be added to the VOM reports if it doesn't sell after a particular number of days. As long as there is no activity on said items, they will continue to drop down in price every cycle. This is assuming that the store inventory is correct. If for some reason the store claims to have zero of a particular item, it will exempt itself from future discounts. I see this fairly often with backroom associates that don't check items in properly, returns that don't get processed properly, etc.

Anyways. VOM's are supposed to drop down. I know one date is the 15th of each month but there may be more. All of your local clearance prices are going to be based off of that list.

I just got copies of my list and there's nothing out of the ordinary. No games going below $9.97 that I didn't see coming, nothing worth going out of someone's way for. Not even the consoles are coming up clearanced.

Went to two Sears stores today (one in Marlborough MA, and one in Framingham MA).

The Framingham one had absolutely nothing worthwhile. Clearance items were nothing out of the ordinary.

The Marlborough one had a rack of clearanced games, but for some reason they were nowhere near the games department. They were right next to the escalator in the clothes section (the fuck?).

Anyway, somewhat nicer prices but still nothing worth mentioning. Someone put New Super Mario Bros Wii in there...with a "clearance" price of $50 (I scanned it too). Gee, thanks Sears :roll:

Well, a day wasted I guess...:cry:

I visited a Sears near me. They actually had lots of games, but none of the stickered prices looked like anything special. I finally found a price checker on the floor below and noticed the prices were actually cheaper then the sticker listed them as. So I went back upstairs and grabbed an arm full of games to check downstairs. That was fun. Halo Anniversary, Metroid Other M, La Noire all rang up as normal price. Wii remote and Numchuk were regular price. Nothing really stood. I did notice that Gears of War 3 was down to $15.

I did pick up:

Rabbids Go Home -$9.99
Obscure Aftermath- $2.50

The cashier mentioned to me that he grabbed Black Ops for $5.00 earlier. So maybe I just missed out on all the extreme deals. Ah well.

Icecold thanks for the report. Nothing in Nashua, lots of games, but "regular clearance price"'I.e. no extra 75 percent.

Burlington, ma had chat pads ps3 for 14.97 and ps3 eyes for 9.97

Lowell target had halo reach ce? For 24.

Gotta love my luck, apparently my store DID have a clearance blowout of some sort, but it wasnt today. All the PS3/360/Wii games were gone, and just had a few DS/3DS games

Saw a 50% off sign, but only 2 marked clearance games were both PC titles.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']According to the one guy who works at this sellers' closest store and has been his friend since HS or so the owner has very few friends. So you might just be right.;)

That's kind of what I did with pennied game guides when I first got on CAG. I'd go around the Tri-State area cleaning out what were gold mine BB and GS stores. Once the managers and DM's saw those massive amounts of guides leaving the stores for transactions that most of the time didn't even total over $1 those stores quickly dried up for future runs. But what I really messed up on was not selling them as I was buying them. By the time I tried to sell a few, most weren't worth squat.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

The guides were only a penny though, so I can see the logic in that, because you could come home with 200 guides, and be out only $2 especially if you were just stopping on the way to wherever you were going periodically. If I had the opportunity to do that, I would have done it too. As long as you don't mind storing the guides! Worse comes to worse they go to the recycling bin, and the ones that were worth something would have more than paid for the cost of what was being bought.

With Sears you are talking about spending quite a lot of money, and potentially hitting many, many stores that don't actually have the prices you are looking for. Each store may only have 1-2 items left, or they may be sold out of all the really cheap stuff like the $23 DSi's (besides, I already have a DSi) I almost never make special trips for YMMV deals, especially the Kmart/Sears type of YMMV deals, you just never know what you are going to get with these stores. If I am buying something to resell it and for that purpose specifically ideally I want to be paying yard sale $1-5 prices for it and only $5 if I am 100% sure I can make a profit on it and that would be little trouble for me to do so.

[quote name='SaraAB']The guides were only a penny though, so I can see the logic in that, because you could come home with 200 guides, and be out only $2 especially if you were just stopping on the way to wherever you were going periodically. If I had the opportunity to do that, I would have done it too. As long as you don't mind storing the guides! Worse comes to worse they go to the recycling bin, and the ones that were worth something would have more than paid for the cost of what was being bought.[/quote]
After slowly selling them a little at a time to that same local shop owner that lowballs me, I just asked him if he's buy out a huge lot of them from me. Unfortunately he cut his price down to $.25 each from $1 apiece when I was selling them in dribs and drabs to him. But I got rid of about 500-600 that were just taking up space and I kept the ones for RPG's and popular titles/series.:lol:
With Sears you are talking about spending quite a lot of money, and potentially hitting many, many stores that don't actually have the prices you are looking for. Each store may only have 1-2 items left, or they may be sold out of all the really cheap stuff like the $23 DSi's (besides, I already have a DSi) I almost never make special trips for YMMV deals, especially the Kmart/Sears type of YMMV deals, you just never know what you are going to get with these stores. If I am buying something to resell it and for that purpose specifically ideally I want to be paying yard sale $1-5 prices for it and only $5 if I am 100% sure I can make a profit on it and that would be little trouble for me to do so.
When I first joined CAG, everything gaming related at Kmart and Sears went down across the chain by a steady amount and at regular intervals. I absolutely loved scouring the cases at Kmart or Sears back then cuz no one ever marked stuff right and it would always be 75-80% or more. This continued till 2010 when the Kmart Gamer program started.

Now even when stuff is marked I just snicker since I know it'll take another 3-4 YEARS at the rate the stores here are doing the incremental drops before anything reaches those glory days of 80-90% off stuff. For all I know by then Kmart and Sears may truly be kaput as a chain.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is probably the most activity this thread has seen in months.:lol:[/QUOTE]
We can thank (rue?) SD for that. I prefer periodic posts that reward the patient rather than too much buzz-generating attention.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Now even when stuff is marked I just snicker since I know it'll take another 3-4 YEARS at the rate the stores here are doing the incremental drops before anything reaches those glory days of 80-90% off stuff. For all I know by then Kmart and Sears may truly be kaput as a chain.[/QUOTE]
Before I even knew about CAG I loved getting the $1-2 games at Sears. Best I ever got was :ps2: Cars for $0.24, those days aren't coming back...

Lots of stuff marked down at my local Sears stores (Cincinnati) but the prices mostly sucked. The Northgate Mall store has a ton of Classic Controller Pro's (white) for the Wii marked down to 6 dollars for anyone nearby and interested.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']We can thank (rue?) SD for that. I prefer periodic posts that reward the patient rather than too much buzz-generating attention.[/quote]
Unfortunately not everybody shares our views. Many on here would prefer if there were a seperate 'omg huge Sears mega game clearance' thread with a complete, detailed list. But all that does is make it much easier for SD/FW and any other deal sites to copy/paste it all.
Before I even knew about CAG I loved getting the $1-2 games at Sears. Best I ever got was :ps2: Cars for $0.24, those days aren't coming back...
My favorite was getting :ps2:War Of The Monsters from Kmart, first for $10 the one month on clearance and then scooping up the last copy a few months later after it dropped to $5.;)

Nothing special in the Saugus, MA store. Couple $12.97 games like DA 2 but that can be had from new egg for $10 with free shipping. DSI XLs were $120.

[quote name='IceColdKilla44']Went to two Sears stores today (one in Marlborough MA, and one in Framingham MA).

The Framingham one had absolutely nothing worthwhile. Clearance items were nothing out of the ordinary.

The Marlborough one had a rack of clearanced games, but for some reason they were nowhere near the games department. They were right next to the escalator in the clothes section (the fuck?).

Anyway, somewhat nicer prices but still nothing worth mentioning. Someone put New Super Mario Bros Wii in there...with a "clearance" price of $50 (I scanned it too). Gee, thanks Sears :roll:

Well, a day wasted I guess...:cry:[/QUOTE]

Marlborough started 50% on Wednesday, someone took the only 360 on clearance before I got there sadly. I went Tuesday night and it scanned $289 unfortunately, that's the luck of deal hunting.

[quote name='Byakurai']The reason everything is a crapshoot is because all of these discounts are based off of VOM reports. Every X number of days, an item will be added to the VOM reports if it doesn't sell after a particular number of days. As long as there is no activity on said items, they will continue to drop down in price every cycle. This is assuming that the store inventory is correct. If for some reason the store claims to have zero of a particular item, it will exempt itself from future discounts. I see this fairly often with backroom associates that don't check items in properly, returns that don't get processed properly, etc.

Anyways. VOM's are supposed to drop down. I know one date is the 15th of each month but there may be more. All of your local clearance prices are going to be based off of that list.

I just got copies of my list and there's nothing out of the ordinary. No games going below $9.97 that I didn't see coming, nothing worth going out of someone's way for. Not even the consoles are coming up clearanced.[/QUOTE]

This is probably the most useful information to be posted on this thread and I'm surprised it hasn't gotten any attention...

I brought a copy of Skyward Sword from a 75% clearance rack to the cashier and it scanned $49.99. He asked another associate if it was "VOM" and then had to manually deduct 75% from it.

Checked out my local Sears while I was out. Same as last time. Nothing special (and the extra clearance bin was even gone). I asked about whether or not the consoles might go on clearance at some point, and he indicated that they already got rid of the consoles they consider obsolete and are no longer carrying (a few psp models, etc) and that the consoles left in the case (Wii, DSi/XL, 3DS and whatever 360/ps3 models they have) aren't going to be clearanced out and are the models they're still continuing to sell.

My guess is that the people finding some of these cheap systems are around stores that might be getting rid of their entire gaming section.

Last edited by a moderator:
i also looked for this deal on the ds/dsi and with no luck in the Lancaster, PA area hit up two kmarts and one sears and nothing

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']After slowly selling them a little at a time to that same local shop owner that lowballs me, I just asked him if he's buy out a huge lot of them from me. Unfortunately he cut his price down to $.25 each from $1 apiece when I was selling them in dribs and drabs to him. But I got rid of about 500-600 that were just taking up space and I kept the ones for RPG's and popular titles/series.:lol:

When I first joined CAG, everything gaming related at Kmart and Sears went down across the chain by a steady amount and at regular intervals. I absolutely loved scouring the cases at Kmart or Sears back then cuz no one ever marked stuff right and it would always be 75-80% or more. This continued till 2010 when the Kmart Gamer program started.

Now even when stuff is marked I just snicker since I know it'll take another 3-4 YEARS at the rate the stores here are doing the incremental drops before anything reaches those glory days of 80-90% off stuff. For all I know by then Kmart and Sears may truly be kaput as a chain.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

They do mark down, but just not the way they used to, Target is the store that has taken the biggest hit on clearance IMO, back when I was a teenager and in college I would routinely find shoes and sneakers for $5, lipsticks and makeup for 50 cents, and of course very cheap games and lots of clearance things in general. I could go on and on about the deals. Now things rarely, if ever get to that price in Target. In fact, Target has some of the most overpriced junk that I have ever seen for a retailer, no I am not going to buy your $30 plastic necklace thank you. Previously at Kmart I have gotten Nascar's for 10 cents, Tamagotchi's for $1.50 (which later became worth quite a lot) and so many other deals in the toy department from 1999 onward. I first learned about Kmart clearance when I began finding very cheap items around the store, like the 10 cent Nascars, this was probably when I was at the end of high school, around 1998 or 1999. Of course I didn't know how epic it really was, and I don't even think our stores had scanners then so I was limited to the shelf tags as indicators, and I most definitely didn't have the tools to print out UPC's and check them at the scanner. You have to remember this is the girl who knew how to buy store warranties for products, break the products before the warranty expired, take the broken product to the store and walk out with a brand new product for the cost of the warranty way before ever discovering the internet back when this was allowed of course. I still have the Sony walkman I got as a replacement for my Panasonic shockwave walkman, which I ironically managed to break and managed to exchange for a similarly priced Sony Walkman through a Sears warranty. I distinctly remember finding a cheaper price on my desired walkman at Sears rather than the brand names catalog (lets keep in mind I didn't have exactly many retail options here), then I bought it at Sears with the exact intention of doing exactly what I did. I don't think this would be allowed these days at retail though.

A few months ago I got some toys that were at least 80% off, so I can assume that Kmart's system is still willing to go that low. Target and god forbid Walmart would NEVER go that low for a video game. Others report games for $1. I have found $4-6 games myself during the last round of clearance. So I do believe their system can set prices at these levels if they want to. I have seen dollar and $2 games at Sears also, but it does not happen often.

[quote name='thegreat_1stix']Marlborough started 50% on Wednesday, someone took the only 360 on clearance before I got there sadly. I went Tuesday night and it scanned $289 unfortunately, that's the luck of deal hunting.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Well, that would explain why there were so few games behind the glass at Marlborough. Whole games section in general seemed a little empty (and like I said before the clearance games weren't even there).

[quote name='20Grand']No consoles marked down in Pensacola, FL. Picked up pokemon heart gold for $20. Alot of games reduced but nothing worth going out for.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, Im in Gulf Shores & was debating whether or not to drive over. May drive to Mobile then, but I cant see that being any better.

[quote name='SaraAB']They do mark down, but just not the way they used to, Target is the store that has taken the biggest hit on clearance IMO, back when I was a teenager and in college I would routinely find shoes and sneakers for $5, lipsticks and makeup for 50 cents, and of course very cheap games and lots of clearance things in general. I could go on and on about the deals. Now things rarely, if ever get to that price in Target. In fact, Target has some of the most overpriced junk that I have ever seen for a retailer, no I am not going to buy your $30 plastic necklace thank you. Previously at Kmart I have gotten Nascar's for 10 cents, Tamagotchi's for $1.50 (which later became worth quite a lot) and so many other deals in the toy department from 1999 onward. I first learned about Kmart clearance when I began finding very cheap items around the store, like the 10 cent Nascars, this was probably when I was at the end of high school, around 1998 or 1999. Of course I didn't know how epic it really was, and I don't even think our stores had scanners then so I was limited to the shelf tags as indicators, and I most definitely didn't have the tools to print out UPC's and check them at the scanner. You have to remember this is the girl who knew how to buy store warranties for products, break the products before the warranty expired, take the broken product to the store and walk out with a brand new product for the cost of the warranty way before ever discovering the internet back when this was allowed of course. I still have the Sony walkman I got as a replacement for my Panasonic shockwave walkman, which I ironically managed to break and managed to exchange for a similarly priced Sony Walkman through a Sears warranty. I distinctly remember finding a cheaper price on my desired walkman at Sears rather than the brand names catalog (lets keep in mind I didn't have exactly many retail options here), then I bought it at Sears with the exact intention of doing exactly what I did. I don't think this would be allowed these days at retail though.

A few months ago I got some toys that were at least 80% off, so I can assume that Kmart's system is still willing to go that low. Target and god forbid Walmart would NEVER go that low for a video game. Others report games for $1. I have found $4-6 games myself during the last round of clearance. So I do believe their system can set prices at these levels if they want to. I have seen dollar and $2 games at Sears also, but it does not happen often.[/QUOTE]

You really have no idea what you are talking about kiddo. As someone who works for Target who is in a position to know, you are dead wrong.
Target routinely has clearance that goes 75 percent off all the time, especially video games. I have bought at least 50 games from my own department that have been at least 75 percent off all the time. You just kinda suck at checking apparently. Hell, we have professional Ebayers that i know personally that shop every morning for new markdowns and get stuff dirt cheap and make an insane profit off this stuff. Hell, i picked up 4 packages of 24 roll charmin toilet paper just a few weeks ago for 3 bucks each.

Target is an insane place to get clearance stuff that is super cheap and a lot of people know it. Unless you are willing to put in time to check the whole store for clearance at least once or twice a week, you are going to miss out on the really cheap stuff. We had a whole bunch of bluray movies that we're an online return, so they marked them down to 1.50 or 2.00 each and i snapped a lot of shit up that day.

And just for the record, no unlike a lot of you i don't stash shit, i wait till im on my break or done for the day before i buy the stuff. Target can and will fire you for stashing clearance stuff while you work. They take it very seriously, they fired a great manager who was going to be a store manager for having someone hold a clearance tv for them.

[quote name='Byakurai']The reason everything is a crapshoot is because all of these discounts are based off of VOM reports. Every X number of days, an item will be added to the VOM reports if it doesn't sell after a particular number of days. As long as there is no activity on said items, they will continue to drop down in price every cycle. This is assuming that the store inventory is correct. If for some reason the store claims to have zero of a particular item, it will exempt itself from future discounts. I see this fairly often with backroom associates that don't check items in properly, returns that don't get processed properly, etc.

I just got copies of my list and there's nothing out of the ordinary. No games going below $9.97 that I didn't see coming, nothing worth going out of someone's way for. Not even the consoles are coming up clearanced.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the detailed response. The thing I question is where this magic 75% Off everything deals come from. The lead at my store stated specific items like the DSI XL were taken off the clearance list, yet other members have stores selling them for fire sales prices.

bread's done
Back