Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='JayRooster']I think it just depends on what kind of PS3 You have and how much wear and tear on it because for me, skyrim only froze once but that was with all the patches (I got the game around when update 1.5 came out for PS3)[/QUOTE]

Yeah...... I'm giving you a look right now and its not one of kindness...

I've talked with many fanboys in my life and many of them own Skyrim. The game is glitched and buggy and broken for a lot of PS3 users and more xbox users then you think. My PS3 is a slim model. It works 100% in the sense that unless the game is fucked up it works.

Skyrim has stressed so many PS3's into dying. And I wasn't letting mine die.

I mean it truly distresses me that people excuse Bethesda all the time for buggy games. Even reviewers give them a break and say "It's a Bethesda game so its buggy but heres 10/10"

[quote name='superhippy1986']I've talked with many fanboys in my life and many of them own Skyrim. The game is glitched and buggy and broken for a lot of PS3 users and more xbox users then you think. My PS3 is a slim model. It works 100% in the sense that unless the game is fucked up it works.

Skyrim has stressed so many PS3's into dying. And I wasn't letting mine die.

I mean it truly distresses me that people excuse Bethesda all the time for buggy games. Even reviewers give them a break and say "It's a Bethesda game so its buggy but heres 10/10"[/QUOTE]

yes, I know, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying Skyrim only froze once on me and I have just over 100 hours on skyrim. I swear to you I'm not lying. I know other people had it freeze on them multiple times, so I don't know, I guess you just have to get lucky. Now I tried to play Fallout 3 GOTY and I just had to return it and get the regular edition because the game worked perfectly fine until I got to the DLC. Once i got to the DLC part of the game, I had to save literally every 5 minutes until I couldn't deal with it any longer

[quote name='superhippy1986']I've talked with many fanboys in my life and many of them own Skyrim. The game is glitched and buggy and broken for a lot of PS3 users and more xbox users then you think. My PS3 is a slim model. It works 100% in the sense that unless the game is fucked up it works.

Skyrim has stressed so many PS3's into dying. And I wasn't letting mine die.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the internet for unsubstantiated, alarmist rumors. :applause:

Over 100 hours on my slim PS3, and I've only had some minor slowdown, which is inherent in the flawed engine they use. It affects both consoles, but it hits the PS3 sooner because it has half the RAM.

I spent a lot of time on the Bethesda forums waiting for a good patch and reading the feedback. If Skyrim was killing consoles, they would be on there raising hell. But very few people bothered to make that claim, and none seemed too credible.

The biggest factor in slowdowns was how people played. Poor coding meant the game loaded every change you made to the game world every time you played. So if you acted like an idiot and danced on the tables, kicking everything that wasn't tied down, you're game froze. If you played your character like a sane person, you had a less bloated save and less slowdown. ;)

Not excusing their poor engine coding. They should have done better. But only a fraction of PS3 users had problems. The outcry online is always out of proportion to the actual situation. LOL

If I want to dance on a table and mess up a place I should be able to without slow downs and crashing so your kinda defending Bethesda like I said people would...

[quote name='superhippy1986']If I want to dance on a table and mess up a place I should be able to without slow downs and crashing so your kinda defending Bethesda like I said people would...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd have to agree with you there, anyways I hate Bethesda since they won't release dawn guard for us PS3 users. I mean come on, the next DLC is already being rumored and we still haven't even gotten the first DLC!!!

Local Sears @ Washington Square had pretty much 2/3 of it's stock stickered with pink clearance tags, and had a 'take 50% off marked clearance price' sign up.

Snagged the last copy of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for $9.97, rest of what was there was pretty meh....but i saw:

(prices are approximate, and already factor in the 50% off)

Homefront (360/ps3) ~$7.50
Duke Nukem Forever (360/ps3) ~$7.50
Uncharted 2 GOTY ~$12.50
RDR Vanilla (ps3) ~$12.50
Army of Two 40th Day GH (ps3) ~7.50
God Of War Collection GH (ps3) ~12.50

Kirby's Epic Yarn (wii) ~12.50
Picross 3D (ds) ~5.00
Kingdom Heads Re:Coded ~12.50

tons of shovelware Wii/DS games also, and quite a few PSP games (too many to remember/list)

Couple of games had white/yellow tags w/ handwritten prices on a table in front of the game dept., IDK if those were also under the 50%-off thing (doubt it), but the only two things of note I saw there were:

Zelda Skyward Sword for 37.50
'Used' DSi XL burgundy for 119.50 (had a pink sticker for $160, might be able to swing the 50% off on that one for $60 if you're lucky)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pookymeister']Was able to get PS3 Eye and PS3 Wireless keyboard for $1 each - but other than that, not much at last nearby store.[/QUOTE]

It seems that the PS3 Eye is REALLY cheap at some stores, but it isn't at either of the two Sears near me in San Antonio, Ingram Park Mall and South Park Mall. They both had it for the 34.xx price, which I guess is full retail. When I asked the associate about it, he said that only some of the games and accessories were clearanced. I'll just have to be patient and see if the Eye (or the Move bundle) goes on clearance eventually...

I haven't checked North Star Mall yet as that's further out of my way, but who knows--if the reports of clearanced stuff keep coming in, I'll go there as well. It seems there's no rhyme or reason to the Sears clearances, though--extremely YMMV (and thus potentially frustrating in the extreme).

I did get two clearance games... Band Hero (360) for $7.97 and NASCAR 2011 (PS3) for $9.97. Neither of those prices were real steals, but both games had been on my watch list for so long, I figured what the hell...

[quote name='FinderKeeper']It seems that the PS3 Eye is REALLY cheap at some stores, but it isn't at either of the two Sears near me in San Antonio, Ingram Park Mall and South Park Mall. They both had it for the 34.xx price, which I guess is full retail. When I asked the associate about it, he said that only some of the games and accessories were clearanced. I'll just have to be patient and see if the Eye (or the Move bundle) goes on clearance eventually...

I haven't checked North Star Mall yet as that's further out of my way, but who knows--if the reports of clearanced stuff keep coming in, I'll go there as well. It seems there's no rhyme or reason to the Sears clearances, though--extremely YMMV (and thus potentially frustrating in the extreme).

I did get two clearance games... Band Hero (360) for $7.97 and NASCAR 2011 (PS3) for $9.99. Neither of those prices were real steals, but both games had been on my watch list for so long, I figured what the hell...[/QUOTE]

I think all sears in Texas are fucked since I went to two sears here in DFW and found nothing but a deus ex HR for $15 and has been sitting in the bin for like 2 weeks already

[quote name='JayRooster']I think all sears in Texas are fucked since I went to two sears here in DFW and found nothing but a deus ex HR for $15 and has been sitting in the bin for like 2 weeks already[/QUOTE]

yeah two stores in a whole state is a great sample of data for your assumption :p

I hate it when retailers start playing games (pun possibly intended) with their pricing... Went in last Sat and snagged a 320GB Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle for $145, a 3DS for $80, 12mo LIVE pack for $30, play n charge for $7.50,and the show 11 for $10 (missed the BB one). Went in yesterday to see about a 250GB 360 as mine is starting to not read discs. They have 4 of them in the case with no signs around, so I ask the guy about clearance prices. He says they "sold their quota" and may start it again in a week or two. I thought the point of this was to get rid of their stock, yet they received the consoles in after the clearance started...

[quote name='stageman12']I hate it when retailers start playing games (pun possibly intended) with their pricing... Went in last Sat and snagged a 320GB Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle for $145, a 3DS for $80, 12mo LIVE pack for $30, play n charge for $7.50,and the show 11 for $10 (missed the BB one). Went in yesterday to see about a 250GB 360 as mine is starting to not read discs. They have 4 of them in the case with no signs around, so I ask the guy about clearance prices. He says they "sold their quota" and may start it again in a week or two. I thought the point of this was to get rid of their stock, yet they received the consoles in after the clearance started...[/QUOTE]

This post serious? You are crying that they arent discounting the XBOX as you wish? Judging by your above post, seems like you did pretty well. I can understand people who complain after not getting anything, but seriously, your above post shows you did quite well. Quit crying and appreciate the deals you got!

[quote name='FinderKeeper']It seems that the PS3 Eye is REALLY cheap at some stores, but it isn't at either of the two Sears near me in San Antonio, Ingram Park Mall and South Park Mall. They both had it for the 34.xx price, which I guess is full retail. When I asked the associate about it, he said that only some of the games and accessories were clearanced. I'll just have to be patient and see if the Eye (or the Move bundle) goes on clearance eventually...

I did get two clearance games... Band Hero (360) for $7.97 and NASCAR 2011 (PS3) for $9.97. Neither of those prices were real steals, but both games had been on my watch list for so long, I figured what the hell...[/QUOTE]

I checked the one by northstar mall yesterday(right by the draft house unless there is another one IN the mall) That's what this post below was for
[quote name='Jack_Frost']checked another sears, absolutely nothing. They actually had everything OVERpriced[/QUOTE]
and yeah Ingram mall is where I got the BF3 from and DJ Hero 2 party bundle

and hello fellow san antonio CAG :D

The 3DS systems in WNY are still scanning $169, and everything else is full price. I am not sure I would buy one even at $80 though since the XL is out and there are still no games on the 3DS that I want to play. The burgundy XL which I actually want is still $119, but I wouldn't buy unless it was really cheap. I printed barcodes for everything and took them to the scanner, never expected to find anything.

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude, you are in Plano, TX... upper middle class, upper class white people all over the place. You will not see clearance at that Sears. You will have better luck in a ghetto Sears in Dallas or Ft. Worth. Not in Plano...:lol:[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. This location used to mark down quite a lot. Granted everything had to be scanned, but they never gave me shit when the price was drasticaly different than what was marked. When they eliminated the gaming section this year and shoved them all onto a shelf things stopped.

You're thinking of a Plano of many moons ago. Collin creek mall is lucky to still be open. Everything moves north. Frisco, Allen, McKinney. Far west Plano is still "upper class" with willow bend mall but east Plano isn't what I would call "white upper class".

Anyone had any luck at the Richardson square mall location? I've never gotten anything from them...

[quote name='titanzguard']This post serious? You are crying that they arent discounting the XBOX as you wish? Judging by your above post, seems like you did pretty well. I can understand people who complain after not getting anything, but seriously, your above post shows you did quite well. Quit crying and appreciate the deals you got![/QUOTE]

I wish I could of gotten any type of PS3 for $145....

[quote name='titanzguard']This post serious? You are crying that they arent discounting the XBOX as you wish? Judging by your above post, seems like you did pretty well. I can understand people who complain after not getting anything, but seriously, your above post shows you did quite well. Quit crying and appreciate the deals you got![/QUOTE]

*sigh*
All I said was I couldn't understand the hit-or-miss nature of this "clearance," because by definition once clearance is gone it should be gone. My 360 started acting up so I looked for a replacement, that's all. My gripe is with them putting terms on something that had no terms to start. If this was "clearance priced only until current stock is gone," why didn't they say that in the first place? I'm not going to insult my intelligence by "crying" over a deal I didn't get on an internet forum.

Looks like mine clearanced out everything they're going to. The initial wave was a while ago (got a couple things myself, like StarFox 3D for around $10 off) and went in a combination of people going crazy at the first sign of clearance (as they usually do around here) and possibly me missing a blowout at some point. My guess would be though, that most if not all went just to people freaking out that stuff was on clearance.

But anyway, they got 3DS XL's in and a couple brand new games so looks like they're keeping the department...

Salisbury, MD btw.

This is the most activity I think this thread has seen in a year. I just hope that some of the new names I've been seeing in here since this blowout was rumored don't turn out to be local deal hunters or I'm even more fucked than usual.:cry:

Hoping that I have some money come in by Monday so I can go to my local sears. So far no one on CAG or SD has reported Sears (Snellville, GA) so I'm hoping they either haven't started or no one noticed a clearance.

Luck, guide me!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is the most activity I think this thread has seen in a year. I just hope that some of the new names I've been seeing in here since this blowout was rumored don't turn out to be local deal hunters or I'm even more fucked than usual.:cry:[/QUOTE]

This is the most activity this thread has ever seen I think.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I checked the one by northstar mall yesterday(right by the draft house unless there is another one IN the mall) That's what this post below was for

and yeah Ingram mall is where I got the BF3 from and DJ Hero 2 party bundle

and hello fellow san antonio CAG :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on the BB near Northstar. That'll save me the trip. I must've skimmed over your previous post or not realized you were in San Antonio. Also, thanks for the welcome! So apparently Ingram seemed to have the most clearance items, but even there they didn't have all that much. Of course I might've missed the really good stuff, since I didn't see the thread until a couple of days ago.

The sales guy said they usually put new things on clearance once a month, so i suppose that's a classic case of YMMV. I just hope they mark the PS3 Eye down to $5 like some CAGs are reporting, since I recently picked up a PS3 slim at BB (when they had the $30 gift/reward card come with it) and I know that I'll be getting Okami HD when it comes out on PSN at holiday time. I'd even snap up a Move Bundle if it gets to $50 or below, but I might have a long wait.

Do you ever check Half Price Books for used games? Sometimes the store at Bandera & 1604 has a good price on a relatively recent game, even without their semiannual mailing list coupons (40/30/20/50%). I'll actually check there when I'm in the area, before I check the GameStop across the street. Just wanted to share the tip if you didn't already know about it. ;)

[quote name='JayRooster']I wish I could of gotten any type of PS3 for $145....[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it... :roll: Finding them at that price is as much about constant vigilance of the store, or possibly having a little inside information (and a bit of luck thrown in as well). I wasn't going to wait any longer to get a PS3 slim, as I wasn't completely sure if or when the price would drop again. Getting it with the $30 BB card (effectively for $220) seemed reasonable. I thought at the time that my patience had been rewarded--perhaps not lavishly, but significantly.

That is, until I saw this thread... :shock: I need to either spend a lot MORE time on CAG (so I don't miss the best deals) or a lot LESS time (so I don't feel bad about missing the best deals)... oh well, I'm still pretty much a :newbie:

[quote name='Yigytugd']Hoping that I have some money come in by Monday so I can go to my local sears. So far no one on CAG or SD has reported Sears (Snellville, GA) so I'm hoping they either haven't started or no one noticed a clearance.

Luck, guide me![/QUOTE]Actually, I've been reporting on your local stores. The one that had a Mario DSiXL bundle stick ringing up full price yet disappeared a few days later was Northlake while the one that had a 50% off table last weekend was Gwinnett Place.

Speaking of the 50% off store, I had a choice of routes home on Friday and I figured if that store (Gwinnett Place) had cleared out a bunch of stuff for the redesign, they might do it again. Stopped by and the table was still out with soem Kinect TV mounts and cell phone batteries with a 90% off sign on it. Meanwhile the redesign seems to be done with the games condensed down to three cases and the other cases filled with other electronics like tablets and laptops. Of note the top two or thee rows of games are non-clearance while everything else is on clearance. Unless they need more cases there isn't a need to rush out the rest of the clearance stuff.

[quote name='stageman12']I hate it when retailers start playing games (pun possibly intended) with their pricing... Went in last Sat and snagged a 320GB Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle for $145, a 3DS for $80, 12mo LIVE pack for $30, play n charge for $7.50,and the show 11 for $10 (missed the BB one). Went in yesterday to see about a 250GB 360 as mine is starting to not read discs. They have 4 of them in the case with no signs around, so I ask the guy about clearance prices. He says they "sold their quota" and may start it again in a week or two. I thought the point of this was to get rid of their stock, yet they received the consoles in after the clearance started...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JayRooster']I wish I could of gotten any type of PS3 for $145....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stageman12']*sigh*
All I said was I couldn't understand the hit-or-miss nature of this "clearance," because by definition once clearance is gone it should be gone. My 360 started acting up so I looked for a replacement, that's all. My gripe is with them putting terms on something that had no terms to start. If this was "clearance priced only until current stock is gone," why didn't they say that in the first place? I'm not going to insult my intelligence by "crying" over a deal I didn't get on an internet forum.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could have gotten any color of a 3DS for $80...:cry:

[quote name='shiningslade']No. Jefferson Valley, NY[/QUOTE]

saw your location being pa, and they were saying aobut the 20-30 pricetag on 3ds and other outrageously low prices about the exton location

[quote name='kevinsutt']Anyone had any luck at the Richardson square mall location? I've never gotten anything from them...[/QUOTE]

I frequent this store often. All they have is a wire bin with a ton of Wii shovelware, handful of 360 and PS3 games. The better stuff has been picked through already. I was watching a Wii points card but someone else bit on it first. There WAS a red DualShock 3 in the old clamshell packaging that was there for the longest time before I decided to ask for a price check and it rang up $20.97 so I bought it...but thats the last decent item they had. There must be a sleeper GAC or SDer in the area that lurks because a lot of the stuff that I've sat on eventually disappears. Maybe worth a look, but one would be all you need.

[quote name='dyeknom']Don't waste your time with Frisco, sale started last wk there and was 50% off. The tool from CGX snagged 3-4k worth of merchandise for his store next door. A few vita items left, like chargers and hard cases. Snagged one of each and some cheaper games, a few games left at 2.97 (4 psp and some terrible Ds games)... also some other games left but those were 50% off the last tagged price[/QUOTE]

Do you know what he bought/whats gone? I've been to that store a few times and don't recall them having much of anything to begin with besides that big cardboard bin full of games.

[quote name='kevinsutt']Anyone had any luck at the Richardson square mall location? I've never gotten anything from them...[/QUOTE]

I frequent this store often. All they have is a wire bin with a ton of Wii shovelware, handful of 360 and PS3 games. The better stuff has been picked through already. I was watching a Wii points card but someone else bit on it first. There WAS a red DualShock 3 in the old clamshell packaging that was there for the longest time before I decided to ask for a price check and it rang up $20.97 so I bought it...but thats the last decent item they had. There must be a sleeper GAC or SDer in the area that lurks because a lot of the stuff that I've sat on eventually disappears. Maybe worth a look, but one would be all you need.

[quote name='dyeknom']Don't waste your time with Frisco, sale started last wk there and was 50% off. The tool from CGX snagged 3-4k worth of merchandise for his store next door. A few vita items left, like chargers and hard cases. Snagged one of each and some cheaper games, a few games left at 2.97 (4 psp and some terrible Ds games)... also some other games left but those were 50% off the last tagged price[/QUOTE]

Do you know what he bought/whats gone? I've been to that store a few times and don't recall them having much of anything to begin with besides that big cardboard bin full of games.

[quote name='JayRooster']Any chance anybody has been keeping track of the sears in Irving or Arlington, TX?[/QUOTE]

Went to Irving about 4 weeks ago, they don't have much left. Maybe worth a look, but one would be all you need and been a while since I've been to Arlington.

[quote name='JayRooster']Any chance anybody has been keeping track of the sears in Irving or Arlington, TX?[/QUOTE]

Arlington processed a few of the good clearance drops (I picked them up), but the bulk of their inventory was still MSRP or unremarkable clearance prices (like Castlevania for 29.97) as of Sat.

[quote name='dyeknom']Arlington processed a few of the good clearance drops (I picked them up), but the bulk of their inventory was still MSRP or unremarkable clearance prices (like Castlevania for 29.97) as of Sat.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went and checked it out a couple days ago and found nothing but one cabelas hunter bundle in one bin and a handful of wii shovel ware in the other bin with a bunch of crappy PS3 games. I could tell all the stuff was snagged :(

[quote name='FinderKeeper']Thanks for the info on the BB near Northstar. That'll save me the trip. I must've skimmed over your previous post or not realized you were in San Antonio. Also, thanks for the welcome! So apparently Ingram seemed to have the most clearance items, but even there they didn't have all that much. Of course I might've missed the really good stuff, since I didn't see the thread until a couple of days ago.

The sales guy said they usually put new things on clearance once a month, so i suppose that's a classic case of YMMV. I just hope they mark the PS3 Eye down to $5 like some CAGs are reporting, since I recently picked up a PS3 slim at BB (when they had the $30 gift/reward card come with it) and I know that I'll be getting Okami HD when it comes out on PSN at holiday time. I'd even snap up a Move Bundle if it gets to $50 or below, but I might have a long wait.

Do you ever check Half Price Books for used games? Sometimes the store at Bandera & 1604 has a good price on a relatively recent game, even without their semiannual mailing list coupons (40/30/20/50%). I'll actually check there when I'm in the area, before I check the GameStop across the street. Just wanted to share the tip if you didn't already know about it. ;)[/QUOTE]

I live literally like a mile from the one by ingram so i'll probably check there every once in a while for new stuff. Also, no i've never been to half priced book but thanks for that heads up. I work at that new H.E.B by there so ill be sure to check it out one day...just dont take all the good stuff :/ lol

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']
Do you know what he bought/whats gone? I've been to that store a few times and don't recall them having much of anything to begin with besides that big cardboard bin full of games.[/QUOTE]

Last week, he bought most of the systems. The employee also mentioned he picked up all but a few of the top tier games at like $15 (MW3, Skyward Sword, skyrim) and 3DS/vita games for less than 7. Employee said right after he bought all of that merchandise for his store in the mall his friend showed up and bought most of the big stuff left.

I have no problems with that guy buying them all for his store, I understand it's good business for him and hard to make an indie store work... but the dude just turned around and tossed them up for current MSRP in his store. The least he could have done is knocked $5-10 off.

As of Sat, the only games left were

2.97 -> DS Games: Walking Coach, cooking, minute to win it
PSP: Daxter, Killzone and a few other unremarkable games
These are in the clearance bin outside of electronics.

On the shelf: Vita car Charger, Case, cable. A few DS accessories like the pokemon black/white case and some pens. A 3DS Power-A kit.

The games that were left and tagged "50% off" the last markdown were: Kinect Disneyland, UFC, Just Dance 3, LA Noire (not GOTY) and one copy of halo reach (15). there were a few other games, but the prices were over 15.

I did notice they had a huge stack of XBL/MS points on their rack, but wasn't sure if they included them in the sale.

[quote name='JayRooster']Yeah I went and checked it out a couple days ago and found nothing but one cabelas hunter bundle in one bin and a handful of wii shovel ware in the other bin with a bunch of crappy PS3 games. I could tell all the stuff was snagged :([/QUOTE]

Well, I showed up early and they had almost nothing there on clearance, most of it was still MSRP in their cases and rang up full price. I did pick up a few good deals that were clearance prices pushed through their system (but nothing that required the manual override). When you checked it out, did they finally pull that stuff out of the case or was it all still in their case?

Well I chased the goose this weekend with two stores in AZ, status quo as usual. I hope this whole 'selected' blowout clearance issue becomes a cry wolf scenario in the future, so less people are inclined to follow these rumors and let the natural clearance cycle kick in. I'm assuming September 7th seems like a good day, but I will still check on this Friday in one store just to be safe.

One funny thing worth mentioning is that the store in Chandler finished with their rearrangement, and now they have a front and center end cap dedicated to properly showcasing the clearance titles. I was kind of worried at first, but when I realized the tags were still outdated by several months, I just chuckled at the irony...

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I frequent this store often. All they have is a wire bin with a ton of Wii shovelware, handful of 360 and PS3 games. The better stuff has been picked through already. I was watching a Wii points card but someone else bit on it first. There WAS a red DualShock 3 in the old clamshell packaging that was there for the longest time before I decided to ask for a price check and it rang up $20.97 so I bought it...but thats the last decent item they had. There must be a sleeper GAC or SDer in the area that lurks because a lot of the stuff that I've sat on eventually disappears. Maybe worth a look, but one would be all you need.[/QUOTE]

This is the Sears I check out and over the last year I've picked up a DMC4 for $4.97 and 2 2gb Sony Micro MS for my PSPGo and that's it.

There has to be someone getting the titles because I remember when it was reported a while back that people were finding Gears of War 3 on clearance, I remember seeing at least 3 copies 2 days prior and when I went back they were all gone.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was an employee.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Well I chased the goose this weekend with two stores in AZ, status quo as usual.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if i saw you. i did PV->Thomas->Chandler this weekend. Had a friend do the west side but found nothing like Thomas/Chandler had for this clearence

[quote name='NeverGrewUp']I wonder if i saw you. i did PV->Thomas->Chandler this weekend. Had a friend do the west side but found nothing like Thomas/Chandler had for this clearence[/QUOTE]
I'll be carrying around my trusty scan sheet at any Sears I go, so that is one hint. The other is I usually have one of my kids with me, so that is another tell-tale sign if you see someone around the price checkers. My 3 year old loves to scan the games for me that aren't on my sheet (true CAG in training).

The Thomas location is right on my way home from work, so that is one I frequent on a semi-weekly basis.

Nothing here. Sears employee said 50% sale was like 2 fridays ago. PS3 for $120. They had 4 home theater systems for $75. All sold. While I was looking for a phone, I saw a Panasonic TC-L47E5 for $500.93 (before tax)

Not sure if the price was good, but it was LED 3d tv with 120hz refresh rate.
I was going to wait until black friday, but was thinking that I may have to work that day so i got it. It was a display model, but I told them I had to pick it up the next day.

The following day.... They couldnt find the display and gave me the brand new in box.

So was this good/fair priced or should I have waited? Anyone have this tv know what is the best settings like brightness, etc?
Not sure if I should move it to basement or keep in room. The room is 10 ft. Is that too big for that size room?

Thanks.

Back from a long hiatus. So I'm not sure if this has been talked about (too lazy to read through 2 months of posts) but Sears electronics will be going through a huge reflow. In this reflow they are keeping the video game section HOWEVER games will be now narrowed down to top 10 or 20 (I can't remember) with all consoles. The word given to me from my manager is that in our area all clearance video games (maybe accessories) are to be return to the vendor by the end of September. Not sure if this true for every store.

I'm not sure if there will be anymore huge clearance drops as I think most things will be put on VOM. So the manager will be marking down the items him/or herself. Which will be great.

Thought I would share some inside info for everyone.

bread's done
Back