Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Lake success sears buy:

Starfox 3ds $19.97
Wii speak $2.97
GH:warriors of rock (360) $1.97
Devil may cry 4 (ps3) $4.97
Dance central $9.97

Saw a copy of little big planet for $4.49

:psp: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - $14.97 (no sticker) my sears had sold out of this (@ 12.97) so i saw it for a decent price and grabbed it

Went to Sears today. Was horrified that they took out half of the gaming section and replaced with tablets. Luckily, they put the stuff in the bin, so its practically full. Skyrim was gone, so I assumed an Employee got it. :lol:

Though I was able to get one good game this weekend at my Sears, :wii: Monster Hunter Tri for manager's special of $3, at the same time I was upset that this location moved most of their games out of the cases to the clearance sections, and only has one single cabinet left dedicated to all video games (PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, and Vita all crammed in there).

I'll be good if I happen to catch the deals on the extraneous items not in the cabinet, but more than likely I'll miss out on the bulk of it. When games are inside the cases I always feel safer they will still be there for the monthly / random drops.

[quote name='JokerCard']Lake success sears buy:

Starfox 3ds $19.97
Wii speak $2.97
GH:warriors of rock (360) $1.97
Devil may cry 4 (ps3) $4.97
Dance central $9.97

Saw a copy of little big planet for $4.49[/QUOTE]

Starfox was $29.99 at Stoneridge Mall in the Bay Area on Sat so I passed.

They had no more dsi's when I went last week. Must have had a sale or something because they had over 8 2 weeks ago!

Only one game drop at my Sears this month. It was the Playstation Move Sports Champion Bundle for $10. I saw the small list of electronics and it was mostly some garbage cell phone accessories and a handful of headphones. Of note were iBeats by Dre clearanced for $10. Also, I scanned the 250 GB HD for the 360 and it came up out of system, which is strange as it never went on clearance at my Sears. So I'll go back when the manager is there and see what he'll give them to me for

Checked another Sears on Thomas Road in Phoenix, they are finally getting their tablets in as well, which means they also greatly reduced the game real estate. A good amount of games that were pretty high priced are gone now, so I'm thinking they sold them off to Kmart / Big Lots at this point.

I haven't visited this one in a couple of weeks, so I'm wondering if any CAGs in Phoenix have visited that one in the past week or so and have seen anything clearance out of the ordinary. They still have a lot left, just not some of the titles I was hoping would drop down further.

Amherst, NY sears has 50% off all games, unmarked sale, as the 25% signs are still up.

They had a skyward sword Wii and Ocarina of Time 3DS in the bin but marked full price, I don't know if those would be 50% off or not, but probably. This requires manager's approval but they give it to you no hassle at all. I didn't buy these, so they are up for grabs.

There is still plenty left but there is quite a bit of shovelware, however there might still be some good stuff left, depending on what you want.

Also snagged the last Wii Classic Controller Pro for 7.97.

[quote name='SaraAB']Amherst, NY sears has 50% off all games, unmarked sale, as the 25% signs are still up.
.[/QUOTE]

I assume amherst is the boulevard?

I was just at eastern hills last week, and there were no signs up, just the clearance sign and an as marked sign, but they did have the PS3 move starter bundle for around $30. I don't remember the exact price, but I tried convincing a friend that it was a deal, and he laughed at me. oh well. Didn't notice anything else stick out.

[quote name='jedifrog21']Only one game drop at my Sears this month. It was the Playstation Move Sports Champion Bundle for $10. I saw the small list of electronics and it was mostly some garbage cell phone accessories and a handful of headphones. Of note were iBeats by Dre clearanced for $10. Also, I scanned the 250 GB HD for the 360 and it came up out of system, which is strange as it never went on clearance at my Sears. So I'll go back when the manager is there and see what he'll give them to me for[/QUOTE]

I went back to the Sears at Ingram Park Mall (San Antonio) Saturday (for the first time in about a month), and the Move Sports bundle was on a 50% off Clearance table. However, it was 50% off the Sep. price of $59.97. Last month I think it was $69.97, but it wasn't on the 50% off table either. There were only two bundles, so rather than risk them being gone if/when the next price cut hits, I bought one (so one left). $29.98 for a Move bundle seemed reasonable, since at Best Buy (where I usually have credit) the standard Move bundle is at the full $99.99 price.

There was a used/open 250gb Xbox 360 Slim for $200, but it was missing everything except the power cord (no controller?). If it wasn't open/used I would've given serious thought to buying it.

Nothing really mind-blowing in the clearance games, but I picked up MLB 11 The Show for $14.97.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']Has anyone been able to find the external 250gb hard drive for :360:? I'd be willing to pay cost plus shipping. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Its 59.99 at local sears i believe

Not much else to report, but I picked up :wii: Jeopardy for $4.97 over the weekend, my wife always wanted it. I forgot to check if Wheel of Fortune was also that price (already had it), but if it is, it's a good buy for those who like the game shows.

I know that most of you don't care about this, but sears will be adjusting its price match policy come October 1st. Sears will no longer offer its 110% price guarantee and I do not know the status of the Price Accuracy Pledge.

So long, $0.50 copies of Metroid Other M~

[quote name='AgentW']I assume amherst is the boulevard?

I was just at eastern hills last week, and there were no signs up, just the clearance sign and an as marked sign, but they did have the PS3 move starter bundle for around $30. I don't remember the exact price, but I tried convincing a friend that it was a deal, and he laughed at me. oh well. Didn't notice anything else stick out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is the boulevard, I think the sale only applies to games and not accessories. The move bundles were full price here (I didn't scan). If you want to scan you have to walk downstairs to the clothing department, since the scanner in the home goods does not work. I would just ask the employees for a price check, its way easier.

[quote name='Byakurai']I know that most of you don't care about this, but sears will be adjusting its price match policy come October 1st. Sears will no longer offer its 110% price guarantee and I do not know the status of the Price Accuracy Pledge.

So long, $0.50 copies of Metroid Other M~[/QUOTE]

Woah, .50 copy of Metroid other M?

[quote name='Kovorkian']Woah, .50 copy of Metroid other M?[/QUOTE]

I wish I could get in on that. I could use that for Christmas Presents and White Elephant! Haha

[quote name='Byakurai']I know that most of you don't care about this, but sears will be adjusting its price match policy come October 1st. Sears will no longer offer its 110% price guarantee and I do not know the status of the Price Accuracy Pledge.

So long, $0.50 copies of Metroid Other M~[/QUOTE]
I used to PM stuff at Sears occasionally, as it did end up being significantly cheaper if they had MSRP prices listed, so thanks for the heads up.

That is what this post was referring to, if you happen to have a Sears that had Other M listed for $49.99, and you PMed the Best Buy DotD $5.00 price, you would get it for $0.50 pre tax ($50-(($50-5)*1.1)= $0.50). The cheapest Sears ever got (I think) on M:OM before they cleared them out was $5.00 back in August.

Just got back from a SEARS that clearanced out games as low as $2, with Flingsmash bundled with Wii Remote+ being $3 and Kinect bundle at $20. The associate there told me that he and his co-workers snatched them up.

Sadly, I missed out on all of them :(

[quote name='Byakurai']Just had my first console clearance since the psp go's last year

Bronze DSi XL for a whopping $119.97. Woohoo![/QUOTE]

$10 less than retail is not much of a clearance...

My Sears isn't clearancing their games at all, not yet anyway. I picked up :ds: Pokemon SoulSilver for $20, it was the last one they had and I figured I wouldn't ever see it for as good of a price anywhere else, new.

Got a wired 360 controller for $10 and a Xbox live starter kit ( one year Xbox live, 400 ms points, chat pad, and headset) for $26. Both were local clearance/991 so don't expect your local store to match these prices.

I grabbed Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock for 2.21 W/ tax today. Somebody over there told me they're going to start lowering prices every week until christmas to get rid of older games and systems and to make room for the Wii-U. He also told me that they are keeping main stream games as well like COD Black ops 2 and anything Nintendo related.

Not a great deal (but possible sign of drops), though Sears has all versions of the Skylander's Starter Pack now at $49.99 instead of $69.99. I also noticed that a few of the items are missing from Google shopping compared to last week, so I would definitely check out your local Sears by tomorrow.

It's also been four weeks since we had a universal drop of any kind, so more fuel to the fire.

Almost time for the next set of drops. There's a Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks for $15 at my Sears. Come on, $10.

Saw a bunch of good games in Battle Creek, MI, last weekend. The stickers were still marked with May and June, and weren't less than $25-30.:cry:

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Not a great deal (but possible sign of drops), though Sears has all versions of the Skylander's Starter Pack now at $49.99 instead of $69.99. I also noticed that a few of the items are missing from Google shopping compared to last week, so I would definitely check out your local Sears by tomorrow.

It's also been four weeks since we had a universal drop of any kind, so more fuel to the fire.[/QUOTE]

I saw this at a Sears, so I expect the prices to drop on these obviously, but will they make it through the holiday season, I don't know.

[quote name='shieryda']Saw a bunch of good games in Battle Creek, MI, last weekend. The stickers were still marked with May and June, and weren't less than $25-30.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Did you scan them or ask for a price check? Sears can be really bad about updating stickers, even after the prices drop in the system.

Yes. I took a stack of 10-12 games to the scanner. Almost every single one scanned with the marked price.

Come on, man. I've been here long enough to know about the scanner.:)

[quote name='shieryda']Yes. I took a stack of 10-12 games to the scanner. Almost every single one scanned with the marked price.

Come on, man. I've been hear long enough to know about the scanner.:)[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Love the avatar by the way - do you know where I can get a deal on some Red Balls?

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Not a great deal (but possible sign of drops), though Sears has all versions of the Skylander's Starter Pack now at $49.99 instead of $69.99. I also noticed that a few of the items are missing from Google shopping compared to last week, so I would definitely check out your local Sears by tomorrow.

It's also been four weeks since we had a universal drop of any kind, so more fuel to the fire.[/QUOTE]
Actually I believe the original Skylanders sets may be getting marked down to move, as there's a Skylanders "Giants" set that appears to be coming out sooner than later.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726385/skylanders-giants-release-date-announced/

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I believe the original Skylanders sets may be getting marked down to move, as there's a Skylanders "Giants" set that appears to be coming out sooner than later.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726385/skylanders-giants-release-date-announced/[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing when I heard about Giants releasing later this year, plus the overstock on the originals one of my Sears has is another good indication. The $49.99 sale is listed until 12/31/2015 (yes that's right, limited time only until over three years from now), so I'm sure its on its way out soon.

Then again the portal and figurines can be used on the new Giants game, with the figurines also being universally used in any game version, so we'll see if they stick to the $49.99 price.

Best Buy has been running some B1G1 deals on the original Skylanders figures too. The originals will work with the new game, but the original figures only go to level 10, and they will be releasing second poses of the original figures with Giants that will be able to go to level 15.

Was checking my Sears on a fairly regular basis and then took off for a couple weeks. I went back the other day and the gaming section was almost completely cleared out. No consoles at all, no 3DS XL's, 360's, nothing...the only stuff they had were a few games and accessories. So either they redistributed (KMart maybe?) or they had a big clearance sale I missed out on.

I just picked up Portal 2 for $9.xx PS3. I have never played Portal 1, much less this one. I have no clue what to expect, I know next to nothing about the game. I can't wait to finally give the series a shot.

[quote name='Downhome']I just picked up Portal 2 for $9.xx. I have never played Portal 1, much less this one. I have no clue what to expect, I know next to nothing about the game. I can't wait to finally give the series a shot.[/QUOTE]

For the PC? Or is that for console?

[quote name='Olengie']Portal 2 for the PC should be 4.99. Thats what it was last time I checked.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I got myself a copy a month ago.

[quote name='shieryda']Yes. I took a stack of 10-12 games to the scanner. Almost every single one scanned with the marked price.

Come on, man. I've been here long enough to know about the scanner.:)[/QUOTE]

If you've been here long enough you would've known to do it today instead (drops tend to happen on the first Friday of the month).

Here's the good stuff I saw today:

:ps3: Singstar Queen - $4.97
:ps3: Homefront - $2.97
:ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves GotY Edition - $9.97
:ds: Pokemon SoulSilver - $9.97 (HeartGold was $14.97)

Uncharted 3/320 gig PS3 bundle - $199.97

bread's done
Back