Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='royalbliss1']Found Black OPS tonight. Out of system. The guy went and asked the manager and he said it has to go to the back room. Everything at my store is marked with the correct price.[/QUOTE]

Went into the backroom and put on a shelf to buy once he punches out for the day :applause:

[quote name='Derrick1979']Went into the backroom and put on a shelf to buy once he punches out for the day :applause:[/QUOTE]

I was standing right there when he scanned the game and it did say out of system. Not much I could have done. Oh well it was just going to be a gift anyway..

Wow. Black Ops. What system? I just bought a
iconxbox360.gif
one yesterday for $9.97.[/QUOTE]
It was the :360: version.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Got the following:

$1.97
Wii Classic Controller x2
.[/QUOTE]

Any idea whether the wii classic controllers are chain wide or if that was just a manager clearance?

[quote name='goodnight144']Any idea whether the wii classic controllers are chain wide or if that was just a manager clearance?[/QUOTE]

Just a manager clearance I believe, though they rang up in system at $1.97 so not sure. Manager just came by and announced to me, my boyfriend, & another guy every small item on the table was $1.97 The Dragon Age was in system for $19.xx so they manually changed it. The GH bundle also rang up $4.97. They had like 5 or 6 controllers but I behaved and only got the 2. They were the ones in the blister package.

She said she would be taking more stuff from back including out of system items and putting prices on them so to come back.

[quote name='coopscohen']Only Halo Reach and that was without the DLC. Now it appears the one with the DLC is out of the system. I found one yesterday and the manager let me buy it for $4.97.[/QUOTE]

I also got the 1 without the DLC for $9.97 today. The 1 with the DLC rang up $24.97.

[quote name='coopscohen']I can't find the post but I vaguely remember someone asking about a steam code for Portal 2? I may have an extra one to spare.[/QUOTE]

pm sent

Speaking of a Portal 2 steam code, I got Portal 2 for the PS3, but it doesn't have anything on it about that. Do all of them have the code or what? I haven't opened it yet.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Just a manager clearance I believe, though they rang up in system at $1.97 so not sure. Manager just came by and announced to me, my boyfriend, & another guy every small item on the table was $1.97 The Dragon Age was in system for $19.xx so they manually changed it. The GH bundle also rang up $4.97. They had like 5 or 6 controllers but I behaved and only got the 2. They were the ones in the blister package.

She said she would be taking more stuff from back including out of system items and putting prices on them so to come back.[/QUOTE]

It must have a store specific deal like you said, classic controller came up normal price at mine and guitar hero bundle was $19.99. The electronics manager at my store never does any extra sales on that stuff and from talking to him I don't think he understands how quickly the value of video games can/does drop.

[quote name='Fukurou']Speaking of a Portal 2 steam code, I got Portal 2 for the PS3, but it doesn't have anything on it about that. Do all of them have the code or what? I haven't opened it yet.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was only inf the first run copies, but I am only going from what I read.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Any clue if Kirby's Return to Dreamland has dropped at all yet? Shows up as $49.99 on Google shopping. Legit price I guess?[/QUOTE]
I've been scanning this one for months now, I'll post this one as soon as I see a drop. It may be one of the survivors in these clearance drops, as in every store I go to, it is always in the glass case (along with NSMB Wii and Just Dance 4) next to the consoles. I'm hoping it will go on clearance eventually, but it doesn't look to be likely.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Just a manager clearance I believe, though they rang up in system at $1.97 so not sure. Manager just came by and announced to me, my boyfriend, & another guy every small item on the table was $1.97[/QUOTE]
I'd be curious to know of these were the white classic controllers, or the black ones. The white ones are mostly cleared out at all my surrounding stores (got mine at $6), and the black ones have still been ringing up $19.99.

Hey guys YMMV as I don't want to cause a ruckus like I know happened before, but just came from a local Sears and the manager told me all games are VOM and will be out of system this Sunday. He had a manager special extra 50% off but I talked him into doing extra 90% if I bought everything. Again, never met the guy before so I don't know the truth of it but that is what I was told.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Grabbed some stuff from both Clay NY and DeWitt NY Sears.
Nothing was priced correctly, thankfully.
Also hit two Kmarts in the Syracuse area hoping for a ps3 controller/game bundle.
Whole lot of nothing at either store.[/QUOTE]

Anything good left? I was going to try and hit them up today, but not if you cleaned them out already :)

[quote name='ferant316']Hey guys YMMV as I don't want to cause a ruckus like I know happened before, but just came from a local Sears and the manager told me all games are VOM and will be out of system this Sunday. He had a manager special extra 50% off but I talked him into doing extra 90% if I bought everything. Again, never met the guy before so I don't know the truth of it but that is what I was told.[/QUOTE]

What location?

[quote name='ferant316']Hey guys YMMV as I don't want to cause a ruckus like I know happened before, but just came from a local Sears and the manager told me all games are VOM and will be out of system this Sunday. He had a manager special extra 50% off but I talked him into doing extra 90% if I bought everything. Again, never met the guy before so I don't know the truth of it but that is what I was told.[/QUOTE]

This is actually not surprising to me since the local Sears has virtually no games left anyway.

[quote name='Fukurou']Speaking of a Portal 2 steam code, I got Portal 2 for the PS3, but it doesn't have anything on it about that. Do all of them have the code or what? I haven't opened it yet.[/QUOTE]

If yours doesn't have it, shoot me a PM. I have an extra code.

Anybody have any idea whether this is storewide or just this guys location?

I doubt it will be every store, all of the WNY stores have new games sitting in the cases and they have 3DS XL's too in the cases. If they were sending everything back then I assume there would be no new games or systems coming in for a while.

Went to my local Sears over the past weekend.

Grabbed :ps3: NFS: Hot Pursuit for 9.98

They also had a few copies of Resistance 3 for 9.98, but I paid $15.00 a few weeks ago :( nothing else that I think was worth mentioning.

The Sears by me is a 'test store' and I can tell you the only stuff they still have is the black wii, 3-4 3/DS games and a handfull of other titles. That is going to be the standard according to the dept manager.

So the Wayne, NJ (Willowbrook Mall) Sears, its game section is almost gone all that is left are some shitty Wii games a opened PSP game a lot of accessories (included a Wii U accessory) and consoles behind the glass case nothing on clearance

At the Hackensack, NJ Sears, its game section is decent with the games on the outside being $5-10 but I didn't pick up anything good

[quote name='slowdive21']The Sears by me is a 'test store' and I can tell you the only stuff they still have is the black wii, 3-4 3/DS games and a handfull of other titles. That is going to be the standard according to the dept manager.[/QUOTE]

Guess the 5 stores I've been to are all test stores too as that's exactly what their gaming sections now looked like (after having fairly extensive gaming sections in the past).

[quote name='slowdive21']The Sears by me is a 'test store' and I can tell you the only stuff they still have is the black wii, 3-4 3/DS games and a handfull of other titles. That is going to be the standard according to the dept manager.[/QUOTE]

Depending on the size of the store it's Top 10 or 20 games as well as systems. They're really only keeping games because it's bait to get 18 year olds to sign up for the Sears Cards with their ~30% APR :cold:

[quote name='Josef']Guess the 5 stores I've been to are all test stores too as that's exactly what their gaming sections now looked like (after having fairly extensive gaming sections in the past).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ferant316']Depending on the size of the store it's Top 10 or 20 games as well as systems. They're really only keeping games because it's bait to get 18 year olds to sign up for the Sears Cards with their ~30% APR :cold:[/QUOTE]
'

Oh, I should mention I was told this a while ago. I thought I had posted it when I bought the vita memory cards last month (maybe 2 months ago)?

[quote name='xGwiZ96x']So the Wayne, NJ (Willowbrook Mall) Sears, its game section is almost gone all that is left are some shitty Wii games a opened PSP game a lot of accessories (included a Wii U accessory) and consoles behind the glass case nothing on clearance

At the Hackensack, NJ Sears, its game section is decent with the games on the outside being $5-10 but I didn't pick up anything good[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I hit Wayne back a couple months ago & the one guy working there told me some guy came in & dropped about 3K :hot: on all their clearance games. I was like "Really??!!" That store used to be packed with games. I've been meaning to get to the Hackensack store but just have not made it yet.

[quote name='Dominick331']
They also had a few copies of Resistance 3 for 9.98, but I paid $15.00 a few weeks ago :( nothing else that I think was worth mentioning.[/QUOTE]

There's two copies of Resistance 3 left at the Sears in Cerritos, CA if anyone around the area is interested.

I picked up a copy today and it's a pretty fun game for $10.

Not a ton left at my store, but one more drop would do nicely before they cut all the old stuff out completely. Would it be on the 2nd or the 9th (based on previous drops)?

Should all stores have a clearance drop on the specified dates? And if the games are there but they're still MSRP, does that mean those drops won't happen or they just have yet to happen? My store has OOT 3DS but its still $30 and I'd love it for 10

[quote name='fgnbtz']Should all stores have a clearance drop on the specified dates? And if the games are there but they're still MSRP, does that mean those drops won't happen or they just have yet to happen? My store has OOT 3DS but its still $30 and I'd love it for 10[/QUOTE]
Most stores should have some sort of clearance reduction on one of those days (could be only two or three games, could be twenty reduced), but the old YMMV tag still exists. Also there is no rhyme or reason to what gets on clearance, as things released in 2011 are being cleared out before some older 2009 and 2010 stock. As many others would point out, don't trust the MSRP stickers, if you have access to the games and an in-store scanner, go ahead and give it a shot.

Also specifically on OOT 3DS, they just recently started reducing that game to the $30 price tag, which means it is definitely in the clearance cycle, just no telling how long it will take to bring it down lower.

This may be a dumb question, as I'm sure the credo here is don't trust employees, but I asked a sears employee how much a slim ps3 was, he first stated the price tag (retail $250) then I asked if he could scan it and he took out his iPhone and did so ("rang" up the same). Is that a reliable price or was he just being lazy?

Made my weekly/daily swing by the Sears game clearance bin in the Sears next to work. The bin has been chocked full of over-priced games for months. Today the bin was empty, minus a few DS titles. I feared I might have missed some huge sale. I talked to the electronics associate and he said, the games weren't selling at the current prices so they sent them back to HQ.

[quote name='GrafixGuerilla']Made my weekly/daily swing by the Sears game clearance bin in the Sears next to work. The bin has been chocked full of over-priced games for months. Today the bin was empty, minus a few DS titles. I feared I might have missed some huge sale. I talked to the electronics associate and he said, the games weren't selling at the current prices so they sent them back to HQ.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be the standard for all the Sears stores near me. Only a handful of games left.

[quote name='Blaster man']So, is Sears clearance happening tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
Either tomorrow or next Friday, last time it was in effect Google shopping went offline on the day of the drop, so that may be the first indicator (possibly).

Of course this is all just speculation, they could skip a month and wait until after Black Friday (or worse, after the New Year).

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Either tomorrow or next Friday, last time it was in effect Google shopping went offline on the day of the drop, so that may be the first indicator (possibly).

Of course this is all just speculation, they could skip a month and wait until after Black Friday (or worse, after the New Year).[/QUOTE]

Did they skip Nov last year? I can't seem to remember...

[quote name='Blaster man']Did they skip Nov last year? I can't seem to remember...[/QUOTE]
A quick search of the thread looked pretty barren for Nov '11 through Dec '11, not sure if that will ring true for this year...

Google shopping shows TONS of games for my local store even though they cleared almost everything out of electronics a couple months ago. Does that mean that they've got all that shit in the back?

Man I'm gonna run into like 3 different Sears today if this is true... Someone please confirm this. Luckily I drive all over town for a living so I'll be passing by all three.

bread's done
Back