Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Checked my local Sears today. They only had a very small clearance section and they removed the big clearance bin I favored. Sad life.

Managed to get Professor Layton and the Last Specter for 10 dollars. Guess I'm starting the series in chronological order.

Not sure how I feel about this, but I just got an email from Sears Holdings Corporation saying they have added $10 in free points my SYWR account because of Hurricane Sandy.

[quote name='klimb22']Not sure how I feel about this, but I just got an email from Sears Holdings Corporation saying they have added $10 in free points my SYWR account because of Hurricane Sandy.[/QUOTE]

Check the Kmart Clearance Thread. Some people got this also. I think a few got $20 too.

Visited one Sears, and found a 40-page list of clearance games to be sent back to HQ. The list was dated 10/30, so they still hadn't gotten around to it.

A few of the $29.97 games had dropped to $24.97. I grabbed:

3DS Resident Evil 3d $4.97
DS Zelda Spirit Tracks $9.97

There must have been some drops today, I saw :360: 1600 MS Points Clamshells with Nov stickers for $14.97. I was very tempted but I have pretty much everything I want on 360 for now and I mostly game on PC these days. I kind of hope they drop even further, but they probably won't be around too long at this store because I think El Hoardo cleans it out pretty regularly.

[quote name='klimb22']Not sure how I feel about this, but I just got an email from Sears Holdings Corporation saying they have added $10 in free points my SYWR account because of Hurricane Sandy.[/QUOTE]

Got $10 too. Now to pop back in there sometime soon and see what remains of their clearance table....

Mine store apparently sent back almost all games. It was pretty sad. The end of an era for me. Now I'm stuck with tool, lawn and garden and exercise clearance, but it's just not the same.

Definitely a lame drop this month, but at least two of my stores I frequent had all the same games left. The only thing I saw worth mentioning besides :ds: Spirit Tracks and :ds: Last Spectre (both confirmed $9.97) was :3ds: LoZ Ocarina of Time 3D for $24.97, down five bucks from last month. I also picked up the last copy of :wii: LoZ Twilight Princess for $9.97, hoping it would of dropped further this month, but I know it wouldn't of survived Black Friday.

I also saw on Google Shopping :ds: Pokemon Black for $9.97, not sure if that was new or just something carried over from last month.

Not much, but something.

I picked up Pilotwings Resort, Starfox 64, and Rabbids Travel in Time all for the 3DS for $4.97 each. The even better part, Sears has added $10 in SYW rewards points to my card since I am an "east coast" resident. The points are good until November 8th according to the clerk that rang me out. I'm not sure if you can check your account online to see if you received the points, but I ended up getting those 3 games and a DS case ($2.97) for under $6 after the points I had and the bonus points.

On the upside, atleast my store FINALLY marked every single game that was on clearance so I wouldnt have to play Wheres Waldo to find someone to scan. On the downside, hardly anything dropped more than 5$ (Including Battlefield 3 and LoZ:OOT which stuck at 24.97). A ton of MW3 copies for Wii and DS popped up for 10$ though.

My Sears also greatly reduced their clearance section. It was three shelves last month, and now it's just one. The massacre apparently claimed the life of Professor Layton and the last specter, which I was hoping to get for $5!

Anyway, got the 3DS RE Mercenaries for $5, but that was it. I scanned a random sample of - Mafia II X360, Press your luck Wii and Michael Jackson PS3, and none of them had dropped. On another note, I did see they had Assassins Creed III, so they're not entirely done with gaming.

BTW has anyone seen PSP systems at Sears? Any movement on those?

The clearance cycle at the local sears looks complete here. Only a 2 things left worth noting, Dragon Age 2 PC for $1 and Deus Ex for the 360 at 5$.

[quote name='dinovelvet']My Sears also greatly reduced their clearance section. It was three shelves last month, and now it's just one. The massacre apparently claimed the life of Professor Layton and the last specter, which I was hoping to get for $5!

Anyway, got the 3DS RE Mercenaries for $5, but that was it. I scanned a random sample of - Mafia II X360, Press your luck Wii and Michael Jackson PS3, and none of them had dropped. On another note, I did see they had Assassins Creed III, so they're not entirely done with gaming.

BTW has anyone seen PSP systems at Sears? Any movement on those?[/QUOTE]

The PSP core was sitting for $99.97. They RTV out around August. I was lucky and found 1 PSP with madden 12 bundle for $40+tax. I have seen any PSP lately since.

I don't know why I even try... I just left Sears and aside from the 50 or so copies of Where The Wild Things Are, the cheapest game they have is ModNation Racers (Vita) for $20. The Zelda and Mario games were all $25-$40 each. Everything else was junk. And of course they don't have a scanner so I had to feel like an ass telling the cashier that I wasn't interested in the big stack of games.

For what it's worth, they no longer have a glass case and there are only 16 newish games, ranging from Modern Warfare 3 to Assassin's Creed 3.

Went to the Sears were I had my great haul last time. They still have tons of games and I practically scanned them all. No new drop to report outside of
:3ds: Rayman 3d $2.97
:3ds: Pilotwings $4.97
:ds: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks $9.97
:360: Karaoke Revolution with Mic $9.97

The bin of games was gone, but there were a few clearance 3DS games on an endcap. I picked up :3ds: Super Street Fighter IV for $4.97.

Stopped at McKinley Mall. The rack of clearance games were gone. There was just a cardboard display with maybe 12 games in it placed on top of the showcase that holds the few games theyre carrying these days.
So long to that Sears. :(

[quote name='kraftwerks']Stopped at McKinley Mall. The rack of clearance games were gone. There was just a cardboard display with maybe 12 games in it placed on top of the showcase that holds the few games theyre carrying these days.
So long to that Sears. :([/QUOTE]

Sadly like penny guides at BB, we are coming to an end of an era.

Last month the Blvd Mall store did a 75% clearance games sale. Made a huge haul. Tons of good stuff. But Im now considering that possibly my last hurrah at Sears for good. I went back last night and they had 0 clearance games left. The few that I left from the 75% sale were sent back I guess.

My Sears SUCKS now that the awesome manager left, and was replaced by a strict, by the book lady. She won't mark down ANYTHING, just sends them back. I did pick up a couple things as they were low prices and I was afraid they wouldn't last til friday:

Portal 2 PC/Mac .97
Dragon Age 2 PC/Mac 1.97
Pilotwings Resort 4.97
Starfox 64 3D 4.97
PS3 Sports Champion Move Bundle 10.00
Dance Central 9.97( I wanted to wait til friday for $5, but I just picked up a super cheap Kinect Bundle at BJs for $58)

I went to the Niagara Fall's store today. They still have a bunch of stuff, PSP's in the case for $99.99 that have been sitting there for seemingly forever. One interesting note is I did see DSi's in the case, blue and pink for about $94.99, and the DSI XL was still at $119. This store had a few games left in the case and on the 3DS clearance rack but most of it was gone. I also visited the eastern hills mall and the galleria mall recently and both stores were devoid of any clearance whatsoever. I think this is definitely the end of an era with Sears as they only have one tiny case with games in it now and like another guy said they only have about 20 games across all platforms.

The case is now filled with tablet and tablet accessories. I assume these will be on clearance eventually if that is your thing.

How do you guys find Zelda 3DS for $9.97. I checked up 3 Sears, all had 1-3 copy in stock... In clearance bin, checked the price and it was $29.99 :booty:

I did obtained some cheap clearance game though: Rage and Pilotwing Resort 3D was $4.97. Vanquish and Gears of war III for $9.97.

Saw Zelda skyward sword... but still MSRP $49.99... :roll:

Either someone hear cleaned house or they sent back most of their clearance games. Still managed to score:

:3ds: A car charger! $3
:3ds: Pilotwings Resort $5
:3ds: Raving Rabbids 3D $5
:psp: MGS Peace Walker $5

They also had :ps3: Dead Rising 2 for $10 and :psp: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep for $10. And :3ds: Zelda OoT, but it was still $25. Oh and a :ps3: Sports Champions/Medieval Moves set on clearance for a whopping $95! So you can save a whole five dollars! Oh you wacky Sears you.

picked up 3ds starfox 64 3d for 4.97 and 3ds fifa 12 for 4.97. really wanted to find Resident evil Mercenaries for the reported 4.97...

May make a trip to my store but last I went, seemed like nothing was that great of deals most are finding at their stores. Would have a lot to do with the mall in general though being expensive on their leases to businesses I would imagine, so they need any penny they can get, and I live in a military town so they assume everyone is fortunate.

Got a Nyko Media Hub "Ultra Compact USB Hub and Card Reader" for $5.97. This thing is so cool!

Description: The Media Hub adds 3 USB ports and an SD/Memory Stick reader to you Playstation 3 allowing access to music, photos, and video while using multiple USB peripherals.

I plugged in my 7.1 Official PS3 headset, my wireless Logitech keyboard(dongle), and was charging a controller...in 1 PS3 USB drive...all at the same time! All worked flawlessly! :D Gonna get around to trying out the SD part.

OMG... Ramble!

Ok. And, got 2 Mini Transporter Nintendo DS cases for $2.97 each. Holds the system, 12 games, and some other stuff. Don't have a DS, but got a pink one and a turquoise one. They come in blue, too.

Oh! And, don't use the USB hub on a flat surface if you have a slim PS3 unless you have it vertical or a little off the edge of something! The hub is a tiny bit too tall and that 'may' ruin you actual USB drive by pushing it upwards. Also, it has some kind of skinny plastic piece for 20, 60, and 80gb PS3s.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Got a Nyko Media Hub "Ultra Compact USB Hub and Card Reader" for $5.97. This thing is so cool!

Description: The Media Hub adds 3 USB ports and an SD/Memory Stick reader to you Playstation 3 allowing access to music, photos, and video while using multiple USB peripherals.

I plugged in my 7.1 Official PS3 headset, my wireless Logitech keyboard(dongle), and was charging a controller...in 1 PS3 USB drive...all at the same time! All worked flawlessly! :D Gonna get around to trying out the SD part.
[/QUOTE]

Ooohhh, I like the sound of that. I'll have to keep an eye out for some of these.

I picked up (1) Rabbids Travel in Time 3D and (2x) Star Fox 64 3D both for N3DS $4.97 each. They didn't bother to change the sticker for either set of games, they were labeled Now $9.97 Save 75%. I checked some other games as well like Uncharted 2, but the label for it was right, $9.97 , Wrestlemania All-Stars was $9.97. I had no interest in any other games they had to check the prices of as most were games like Mass Effect 3, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, World of Warcraft expansions.

[quote name='HyperG']I picked up (1) Rabbids Travel in Time 3D and (2x) Star Fox 64 3D both for N3DS $4.97 each. They didn't bother to change the sticker for either set of games, they were labeled Now $9.97 Save 75%. I checked some other games as well like Uncharted 2, but the label for it was right, $9.97 , Wrestlemania All-Stars was $9.97. I had no interest in any other games they had to check the prices of as most were games like Mass Effect 3, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, World of Warcraft expansions.[/QUOTE]

You should've snatched that Black Ops! Would've been $10 or less! I would've bought it and...

OMG! I gotta hurry and Go Vote!

Would anyone be willing to trade or sell the following 3ds games: Star Fox, Zelda OOT, or Street Fighter 4?
My Sears has Pilotwings, Tom Clancy Shadow Wars, Splinter cell 3d and Steel Diver. I also have the 3ds Lego Batman 2 for trade. PM me if interested.

And thanks to all the posts of good clearance games. I've got a good starting collection of 3ds games, now I just need a good 3ds xl Black Friday sale :lol:

Made out like a bandit at my local. All prices were marked up-to-date (everything!). Ended up with:

2x Rabbids Travel in Time 3D - $4.97
2x Pilotwings Resort - $4.97
2x Splinter Cell 3D - $2.97

Best part: Since I had inadvertenly signed up for 2 SYWR cards, the cashier let me split up the transaction, and gave me the $10 credit to each sales. So for $6.24 I got 6 3DS games....perfect for GS flipping (but that's neither here nor there).

BIG ALSO: She mentioned that she overheard the store manager mention something about Sears putting $20 into the SYWR this Saturday. For how long/how legit this deal is, I can't verify. But something to look out for.

reading other cag finds make me sad. my sears has no clearance.
the only thing i found was dragon quest monster joker 2 for $9.97.
LUCKY THE TAG WAS $34.99.

Just got a job at Sears and first thing I think was checked the game section. Been awhile since I last been there and it's super condensed and couldn't find their clearance :( I just assumed they were holding it for non advertised BF sales or a lot of Layaway (which there is already tons of stuff on Layaway at my location) and not something as sad as they sent them away. With training I had no time to ask anybody yet.

SYWR members should check their mail box, I just got this in yesterday, which doubles (up to $20) any redemption points you make on a single purchase. I blanked out the barcode (not sure if its unique or not, mine ended in 0447), and I don't see any text restricting clearance items (it does say qualifying purchases, though, I don't think that excludes clearance).

Unfortunately I used most of my points a couple of weeks ago, but still worth mentioning nonetheless.

I'll be posting this on the K-mart Clearance thread as well.

8169838075_b7abe65761_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't ignore the email about $3 reward points toward shoes. Some others have mentioned they work on other things.

Mine reads this:"Heads Up! You have 3000 points expiring on 11/19/2012"

Two of my closest Sears sent back almost everything gaming related. All they have left is a handful of MSRP games and a few clearance games that are still way too high.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Don't ignore the email about $3 reward points toward shoes. Some others have mentioned they work on other things.

Mine reads this:"Heads Up! You have 3000 points expiring on 11/19/2012"[/QUOTE]

I didn't get that or the double points one. I got "Use your remaining points [not many left] and we'll add 5000 points to your order."

[quote name='Stanley the Bugman']I didn't get that or the double points one. I got "Use your remaining points [not many left] and we'll add 5000 points to your order."[/QUOTE]

I've got those in the past and ignored them.:whistle2:# I've, recently, started taking their points seriously these past couple of months. You might as well use them and get $5 in points.

Not sure if anyone else noticed earlier, but Google shopping is back for almost all titles (before it was only a handful of selections), which even shows the last known price of stores that sold out of certain games.

The bad news is one of my stores must of sold a bunch of their stock to Kmart, as they are OOS of a good chunk of higher priced (but clearance) games I was eyeing. Most all of them were Wii games, so perhaps they are looking to move those out due to the Wii U launch?

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Not sure if anyone else noticed earlier, but Google shopping is back for almost all titles[/QUOTE]
Not for me. I searched all of the games that I know Sears has in abundance and nothing is showing up.

bread's done
Back