OFFICIAL TEKKEN DARK RESURRECTION Post!

[quote name='the ender']Lag or no lag, a portable Tekken is so fucking awesome, no one will care.[/QUOTE]

People will care. Like I care. But it doesn't matter though, competitive Tekken for this game will die down until the next arcade release.

Either that or people will just play this at the arcade. I'm glad there is an arcade version.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, I'm starting to like the PSP more and more... it's finally where the DS was last Fall. Hopefully the system will remain strong for a few more months at least and it seems like it will with all those Capcom collections and the Metal Slug Anthology.[/QUOTE]

I've been happy with my PSP since MGA2 really... that was the first must have major exclusive title for the PSP IMHO.

Played a ton more of Network play with 2 UMDs tonight again.

It was much better this time around, less laggier.

There were sometimes where it would slow down.

I noticed since we were playing by my CPU the first time it was really slow, and so laggy.

But when we went outside to my backyard it was much better. It should be decent to play outside or when you're out with a friend.

---

Also everyone, the TZ ghost library is open! Check it out here:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/ghostlist.php

[quote name='MarkMan']Played a ton more of Network play with 2 UMDs tonight again.

It was much better this time around, less laggier.

There were sometimes where it would slow down.

I noticed since we were playing by my CPU the first time it was really slow, and so laggy.

But when we went outside to my backyard it was much better. It should be decent to play outside or when you're out with a friend.

---

Also everyone, the TZ ghost library is open! Check it out here:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/ghostlist.php[/QUOTE]

I'll upload my ghost when I get ahold of my copy a week from today.

In case someone missed it, EBgames and GS are giving away the d-pad & a Tekken hand strap as the pre-order bonus. The d-pad's pretty tacky & I can't close my pocket gear case all the way, but it kicks mucho ass.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']In case someone missed it, EBgames and GS are giving away the d-pad & a Tekken hand strap as the pre-order bonus. The d-pad's pretty tacky & I can't close my pocket gear case all the way, but it kicks mucho ass.[/QUOTE]

it's still not confirmed B&M, but most likely it will be B&M. I'm going to be bitching at my EB I pre-rdered at about the pre-order bonus since they always seem to be too tired to notice most games come with pre-order stuff.

Is the d-pad the same as the one that came with SFA3 Max??? Any one can confirm what features are in the US version and not in the JP version or vice-versa?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']In case someone missed it, EBgames and GS are giving away the d-pad & a Tekken hand strap as the pre-order bonus. The d-pad's pretty tacky & I can't close my pocket gear case all the way, but it kicks mucho ass.[/quote]

It only shows the handstrap on EBgames/Gamestop so where is this D-Pad stuff coming from?

[quote name='whoknows']Almost the highest you mean ;) :p

http://psp.ign.com/articles/695/695160p1.html [/quote] I think he meant it was the highest PSP score from Gamespot, which is true.

I've been looking forward to this game for a month or so and I'm glad to see the high scores and good words from Gamespot. I've got plenty of money, so I'll pick this up next week.

[quote name='sj41']I think he meant it was the highest PSP score from Gamespot, which is true.

I've been looking forward to this game for a month or so and I'm glad to see the high scores and good words from Gamespot. I've got plenty of money, so I'll pick this up next week.[/QUOTE]
Whoops...I neglected to read 9.2 from where :lol:

[quote name='FurryCurry']It only shows the handstrap on EBgames/Gamestop so where is this D-Pad stuff coming from?[/QUOTE]

Because both came in the same little pack :razz:

Check B&M to see if they have any left.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's still not confirmed B&M, but most likely it will be B&M. I'm going to be bitching at my EB I pre-rdered at about the pre-order bonus since they always seem to be too tired to notice most games come with pre-order stuff.[/QUOTE]

How is this not confirmed? I have one that I got B&M, surely I'm not the only one.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']How is this not confirmed? I have one that I got B&M, surely I'm not the only one.[/QUOTE]

this monday I'll swing by my EB when I pick up a 360... I'll ask about my tekken pre-rder bonus and hope they can hand it to me already.

[quote name='FurryCurry']So is it the same as the Jap D-Pad?

Ooooo goodie. Gamecrazy has the bonus too (it's where I reserved the game). All is well.[/QUOTE]

I would assume so, it's a gray-ish 8-direction D-pad that attaches to the psp via adhesives. It's quite easily the best d-pad I've ever used, it's a damn shame the logitech case won't shut properly, but oh well.

BTW, the strap it comes with is basically the same one that came with the old DS's, minus the thumb attachment and plus a small metal TDR attachment.

Somebody tell me why I dont need this since I have Tekken 5 already. I really really want to get this, I'm just trying to find an excuse so I dont spend the money :p

if i CAN get a d-pad mod/fix, i will get it today. Theres about 10 game stores in 5 miles from my work, so i have a realistic chance. I dont feel like getting a few more blisters from my current d-pad :whistle2:(

[quote name='kurrptsenate']if i CAN get a d-pad mod/fix, i will get it today. Theres about 10 game stores in 5 miles from my work, so i have a realistic chance. I dont feel like getting a few more blisters from my current d-pad :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

It ships today, in stores tommorrow.

Oh, you mean the D-Pad mod... the stores around here generally make you get the game + bonus at the same time.

[quote name='Roufuss']It ships today, in stores tommorrow.

Oh, you mean the D-Pad mod... the stores around here generally make you get the game + bonus at the same time.[/quote]

yea, thats understandable I guess. I'll basically tell the associate flat out im not interested unless he has a spare d-pad (wink wink)

i received darkstalkers last week, and the d-pad started grating my nerves. I would rather not get frustrated and contemplate doing mean things to my PSP ya know :lol:

[quote name='kurrptsenate']yea, thats understandable I guess. I'll basically tell the associate flat out im not interested unless he has a spare d-pad (wink wink)

i received darkstalkers last week, and the d-pad started grating my nerves. I would rather not get frustrated and contemplate doing mean things to my PSP ya know :lol:[/QUOTE]

I hope it's not crap like the SFA 3 D-Pad... I heard alot of negative comments about that one, how the adhesive wouldn't stick for a long time, it leaves residue when it comes off, stuff like that.

[quote name='Roufuss']I hope it's not crap like the SFA 3 D-Pad... I heard alot of negative comments about that one, how the adhesive wouldn't stick for a long time, it leaves residue when it comes off, stuff like that.[/quote]

i can totally understand why someone would be against the whole mod, but for me, its the only way to make certain games "playable"

I'm also looking for a temp mod for the X,O,[], and /\ buttons. It would be nice to play a FPS game that was a little easier to control the recticle. I figured, I would wait paitiently or make my own ;/

Anyone who is pre-ordering this game and not wanting to mod their PSP (ruin warranty)

I would LOVE to buy it off of you. Compensation a-plenty :D

GS JUST told me they only give it to pre-orders, and had "no extras"

I think im going to call them and see if i can pre-order it today, since they don't get it in till tomorrow. Worth a shot I suppose

can't wait to get this tomorrow.

I won't need the D-pad, but I'll see if I can pick one up for another cag.

OR you can just buy my extra white psp :spam:

TO EVERYONE WANTING A D-PAD!

i JUST called around to a few games stores. Today is the LAST day for pre-orders, and 2 stores I've contacted do have the d-pad in stock. I will be able to pick up one at that store. If the guy has more than one at that location, I will pick up a spare, but I can't guarentee that

[quote name='kurrptsenate']TO EVERYONE WANTING A D-PAD!

i JUST called around to a few games stores. Today is the LAST day for pre-orders, and 2 stores I've contacted do have the d-pad in stock. I will be able to pick up one at that store. If the guy has more than one at that location, I will pick up a spare, but I can't guarentee that[/QUOTE]

Today is the last day for preorders but stores that have extras will still give them out to you if you buy the game tommorrow and ask for it.

My store says they haven't received them and that they might be coming with the games tomorrow.

[quote name='Apossum']My store says they haven't received them and that they might be coming with the games tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

This is how all the EB's / GS's near me work as well, the preorder bonuses come in when the game comes in, so somebobdy can't get the bonus early and cancel the preorder.

[quote name='Roufuss']This is how all the EB's / GS's near me work as well, the preorder bonuses come in when the game comes in, so somebobdy can't get the bonus early and cancel the preorder.[/QUOTE]Same with my EB. Although, for Atelier Iris 2, the preorder bonus came 5 days later. :(

Although my EB has really been pissing me off lately, I'm going to go there tomarrow and ask. If they don't have it, that will probably extend the time I refuse to shop there.

I'm definitely excited for Tekken DR. Although I'm very tempted to buy Summon Night for GBA instead (Because I'm an RPG freak), Tekken is my most wanted PSP game I don't have and I just love Tekken too much to pass up.

Either the guy at my local GS is an idiot, or this is an extremely hot seller, but they are "already sold out of it" two hours after the store opens?

It also seems that none of the 6 GS's / EB's around me never received the D-Pad... that's wonderful, I'm glad I didn't preorder it then. One store even told me they didn't get any in for the people who did pre-order.

EB / GS online says it's just a wrist strap... I thought it was also a D-Pad?

Found an EB about 15 minutes away that had some left, but no game yet... the guy put one aside for me. He said it was just a strap too, he said there didn't seem to be anything about a D-Pad.

mine came in a little enclosed pastic wrap with tekken wrist strap, the d-pad mod (which includes 4 little double sided scotch stickies) and a little card with Jin Kazama that says "Dark Resurrection"

I was hyped to pick up this game, but my 360 purchase last night kind of made that impossible.

Also, after messing up the mod (my girl's fault) i was able to remove the mod, and get rid of 100% of the residue with no hang ups. Its possible it may be different if you left it on for an extended period of time

I'm thinking of getting this game, but I never played any other tekken game. I'm a huge soul caliber fan. Ever since I played Soul Caliber i havent liked any other 3d fighter. I also want to buy locoroco and ultimate ghost and goblins next month so I dont know if i can afford this game. It looks amazing though. HOw does it compare to the soul caliber games.

im with you on being a HUGE SC fan...

its easily comparable, to a point. I dont like the fighting system AS much, but the addition of combos is a nice touch. It can become a little redundant if all you do is 10 hit combos, but you start to learn the animations and what not...

the combo grabs are exceptionally fun. The other "additions" (bowling, volleyball) definitely sets it apart from other fighting games

just picked up a copy at my local EB. they only got in 12 copies, 4 of those were pre-orders.

as nerdy as it sounds, the Japanese cover art looked better :)

[quote name='asianxcore']just picked up a copy at my local EB. they only got in 12 copies, 4 of those were pre-orders.

as nerdy as it sounds, the Japanese cover art looked better :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, only 12 copies?

Most EB's / GS's here only got 4 or 5 copies.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I have an extra D-pad/wrist strap if anyone wants to trade/buy[/QUOTE]

Same here, I went to pick up my TDR and the guy gave me another, looked like they had a whole box of 'em :razz:

I'll give my first impressions in an hour or so.

got my copy, no wriststrap or d-pad. sorry guys, can't hook it up!

[quote name='Roufuss']The training mode in this game sucks :([/QUOTE]

It sure does.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

- Awesome opening movie, but where's the original (Tekken 5 opening)

- Training mode is bare bones

- Gameplay is smooth and near-perfect

- Controls stutter even with the d-pad, but is far from ruined (unlike Darkstalkers)

- All character unlocked from start, that's has to cut into replay value. However, all the new/retunring modes are locked (except Dojo) or I couldn't find them.

- tons of ways to customize your characters

- Lots of stuff ripped straight from VF4Evo; Dojo, AI, Customized characters & progresive rankings. Makes me yearn for a PSP VF all the more :cry:

So far I'd give it a solid 9/10, easily one of the best fighters out for the systme, but there's some little hitches that keep it from being perfect. That and it's yet another $20 PS2 game getting repackaged and sold for $40 on the PSP :razz:

[quote name='Roufuss']Haha, only 12 copies?

Most EB's / GS's here only got 4 or 5 copies.[/QUOTE]

After today, I find that your numbers are more accurate to maybe what most stores are getting.

I went into work today and was told that we (TRU) only got in 8 copies. By the time we closed we had sold 5-6 of those.

I haven't got a chance to play it yet, since I've been working all day, but I will probably put some time into it tonight.

I really hope this is the fighting game that makes me like that genre on PSP. I love fighting games but I had such a bad experience with Darkstalkers, I was kind of fearful in buying another fighting game for it. *crosses fingers*

bread's done
Back