Official VGFive Thread

Yep, the site is a blessing and has more than filled my game trading needs.

I've received 40 games so far this year. :D

I'm continually looking for things to trade in to get more points and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

I need a break from trading. I've gotten a lot of games there, but I don't have enough time to play them. I also have nice credit balance.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']I need a break from trading. I've gotten a lot of games there, but I don't have enough time to play them. I also have nice credit balance.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much what I'm doing. Managed to get over 30 titles in my first few months there and I just need to whittle down the back log some. I'm trickling those titles back in as I beat them though.

If my requests list wasn't full of 'On Hold' though, I'd be out of points again.

if this is true I will never support another gaming site....good way to fuck over you customers.

I say it cant be a joke.... GOOD way for a company to get all of the games sucked out ..

tokens have not been for sale for a few days

and over on goozex they said they HOPE TO RELEASE A NEW TRADING FORMAT ON MARCH 30 BUT STILL TRYING TO WORK OUT BUGS (maybe they are trying to get this site to work with their database.

Waves BY TO 7000 VG POINTS

[quote name='kube00']Anyone see this yet? Looks like Goozex may have bought VGFive

http://www.goozernation.com/four/index.php/news/item/289-goozex-acquires-vgfive

Yahoo and Reuters has articles as well
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bay-acquisition-corp-acquires-vgfive-140000875.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/01/idUSnGNXUXLQZa+1fe+GNW20130401[/QUOTE]

the Yahoo and Reuters things are just reposts of a press release sent out by goozex. there has been no associated SEC filing, which almost has to be required.

there is still a rather high chance this is an April fools joke.

[quote name='devyanks90']the Yahoo and Reuters things are just reposts of a press release sent out by goozex. there has been no associated SEC filing, which almost has to be required.

there is still a rather high chance this is an April fools joke.[/QUOTE]

people have not been able to buy tokens for 5+ days and the Owner of the site has not responded to any of the questions asking WHY and HOW LONG till they can buy more tokens.

I dont think its a joke.

Could be an April Fools stunt pulled by Goozex to scare people away from the competition. I for one fell for it as I just put all my offers on hold until we hear something from TZ. I will never go back to supporting Goozex or any site owned by them.

That doesn't explain the VG5 token and matching systems being disabled. It's not a prank, guys. TZ isn't talking because he can't until the deal is finalized. That's SOP for acquisitions and mergers.

I had really enjoyed using VGFive as way to supplement my gaming habit. Well now its back to trading on Goozex if I can find things to request, CAG, CL, and possibly 99gamers...

[quote name='taintedzodiac'] Hey all,

My apologies for not giving advance warning of the sale, but I have been out of town for the holiday. The site at this point is owned by Goozex and they will certainly make an announcement at some point in the near future.

While I understand some are upset, I ask that you avoid making any threats against me or my family. I will have to take any thing like that very seriously.

Tainted
[/QUOTE]

It's official.

I'm dumbfounded.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']

Who are you and why should I trust your site?

I'm a 30-year-old software developer, father of one, and long-time member of CAG.
[/QUOTE]

I guess this really doesn't mean anything now.

Keep in mind, the guy cashed out a few $60 games before freezing trading on the website. Classy move.

Either taintedzodiac himself or Goozex, one of the two is going to easily be nominated for CAG villain of the year award.

Last edited by a moderator:
copying this way cause i dont know where the quote came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedzodiac
Hey all,

My apologies for not giving advance warning of the sale, but I have been out of town for the holiday. The site at this point is owned by Goozex and they will certainly make an announcement at some point in the near future.

While I understand some are upset, I ask that you avoid making any threats against me or my family. I will have to take any thing like that very seriously.

Tainted

first off being out of town dont mean a damn thing its not like they call him up saturday saying WE WANT TO BUY YOUR SITE this is been going on for weeks or months

i know people are pissed at him right now but come on

Say you made this site for 25k and it was briing in 2k a month and someone offered you 250,000 for it... 99.9% of you would of taken the cash

he did something very stupid though hes account is public and it shows him cashing out ALL OF HIS TOKENS AND POINTS AND THEN CLOSING THE SITE (that may be illegal) not sure

edit love how he opened up trading back now cause they knew it was illegal... waits for the class action suit

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been active on VGfive for a while now because the site was still a work in progress (no multi-edit, not updating with GamesDB, lack of separation between physical and digital, etc.) and figured I'd come back after a while to see what's up and... man, I'm shocked.

This a huge dick move on TZ's part and a slap on the face to everyone who supported him and his site.

Who wants to bet that 99Gamerz will be next?

I'm seriously fucking done with this trade-for-points shit and going back to GameTZ and CAG trading. They have their own problems but at least the only issues are with ass hole users and not the site/site owners.

I think I'll restrict my game trading to things where I get actual money back. Clearly, putting any kind of faith into site with a fake currency just means waiting for Goozex to violate me.

I hope TZ's kid has a real rolemodel in his life, because his dad clearly isn't going to be it. Lie to people, use people, and then sell them out. Way to go, Robert Zimmerman.

[quote name='hellhunde']
I hope TZ's kid has a real rolemodel in his life, because his dad clearly isn't going to be it. Lie to people, use people, and then sell them out. Way to go, Robert Zimmerman.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame anyone for being upset over the sale of the site, but I'd appreciate it if you'd leave my family out of this. That's a low blow that is unwarranted. Thanks.

Beyond that, flame me all you like. I apologize to those of you who are upset, and again reiterate that until Goozex makes any announcements about the future of the site, everything is just assumptions.

Hey tainited can you still fix my cracked disk trade - GTA iv 360 ? I would like the points,token, and return shipping back like promised. thanks

[quote name='taintedzodiac']I don't blame anyone for being upset over the sale of the site, but I'd appreciate it if you'd leave my family out of this. That's a low blow that is unwarranted. Thanks.

Beyond that, flame me all you like. I apologize to those of you who are upset, and again reiterate that until Goozex makes any announcements about the future of the site, everything is just assumptions.[/QUOTE]

You know what's a low blow? Selling out an entire community that put in their time and money to help build and support YOUR website with the ideals that an online community can have a place to trade in their games just like the golden days of goozex. A site where former goozers can escape the debacle of what goozex has become with their terrible management, customer service, inflated points, and only to be unknowingly dealt right back into their hands on a silver platter. That is unwarranted.

[quote name='itsoverninethousand']You know what's a low blow? Selling out an entire community that put in their time and money to help build and support YOUR website with the ideals that an online community can have a place to trade in their games just like the golden days of goozex. A site where former goozers can escape the debacle of what goozex has become with their terrible management, customer service, inflated points, and only to be unknowingly dealt right back into their hands on a silver platter. That is unwarranted.[/QUOTE]
That's perfectly fair, but I see absolutely no reason to involve my family in this. I think it's a fair request to keep the anger and backlash within boundaries.

[quote name='Toss']Hey tainited can you still fix my cracked disk trade - GTA iv 360 ? I would like the points,token, and return shipping back like promised. thanks[/QUOTE]

I don't have control of the site anymore, although I'm sure there will be a way to remedy this. If I have an opportunity to bring it up with the new owners, I will. Sorry I can't be of more help.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']I don't have control of the site anymore, although I'm sure there will be a way to remedy this. If I have an opportunity to bring it up with the new owners, I will. Sorry I can't be of more help.[/QUOTE]

Actually I want to thank you for putting up that site and manning it so diligently. It was a pleasure using it and I got a ton of games from it. Good luck to you and I hope you made out well. All these people will see they've been made or kept whole albeit under the evil empire they were trying to escape and having to deal with darth vader again .

[quote name='taintedzodiac']That's perfectly fair, but I see absolutely no reason to involve my family in this. I think it's a fair request to keep the anger and backlash within boundaries.[/QUOTE]

i agree with tainted here...yea we can all be pissed at him but leave his family out of it..

Face it people you would of done the same thing if you had the chance

Yes im pissed as well of what they did but when you look at it many would of done the same thing.....

hell we will never know the real reason they sold it. (offer alot of cash, said they were too close to the goozex model and said they would sue)

who the hell knows but there is no reason to bring his family into this .

[quote name='taintedzodiac']I don't have control of the site anymore, although I'm sure there will be a way to remedy this. If I have an opportunity to bring it up with the new owners, I will. Sorry I can't be of more help.[/QUOTE]

for some reason this made me laugh when you said you dont have control of the site some reason i though of all of these of little people running around screaming as the site goes over a waterfall... dont ask me why but i thought that was funny

when you think about it goozex is really the ones who got screwed here.... probally 70 % or more people had a goozex account and will never go back... so what did goozex really buy... nothing

[quote name='slidecage']i agree with tainted here...yea we can all be pissed at him but leave his family out of it..

Face it people you would of done the same thing if you had the chance

Yes im pissed as well of what they did but when you look at it many would of done the same thing.....

hell we will never know the real reason they sold it. (offer alot of cash, said they were too close to the goozex model and said they would sue)

who the hell knows but there is no reason to bring his family into this .

for some reason this made me laugh when you said you dont have control of the site some reason i though of all of these of little people running around screaming as the site goes over a waterfall... dont ask me why but i thought that was funny

when you think about it goozex is really the ones who got screwed here.... probally 70 % or more people had a goozex account and will never go back... so what did goozex really buy... nothing[/QUOTE]

No, I wouldn't have done it because I'm a man of honor. I'm not going to lure people in with false promises and kind words, only to sell them out when given a chance. If you would take the money, then you're no different than any of the Wall Street scumbags getting rich by manipulating the stock market.

[quote name='slidecage']

when you think about it goozex is really the ones who got screwed here.... probally 70 % or more people had a goozex account and will never go back... so what did goozex really buy... nothing[/QUOTE]

SAdly true...maybe not 70% of users, but I bet real close to that percentage as far as the supply of games and listing offers.

[quote name='taintedzodiac']I don't blame anyone for being upset over the sale of the site, but I'd appreciate it if you'd leave my family out of this. That's a low blow that is unwarranted. Thanks.

Beyond that, flame me all you like. I apologize to those of you who are upset, and again reiterate that until Goozex makes any announcements about the future of the site, everything is just assumptions.[/QUOTE]

I understand you can't give details, but can you at least tell us if this is going to be another goozex situation where we don't here from the new owners for 8 months, or will we hear something sooner rather than later.

[quote name='slidecage']Face it people you would of done the same thing if you had the chance[/QUOTE]

I don't think most people would screw over the people that make the site what it is by buying a bunch of games right before shutting down trading (29 games sent, 125 received btw). And I think most people are pissed because of this line:
[quote name='taintedzodiac']I believe that the community and overall value is more important than squeezing a few more dollars of revenue[/QUOTE]

I'm not bothered by the sale of the site. I can buy/sell games elsewhere. However, the way it happened pissed me off. You didn't warned us beforehad, you didn't even told that the sale occurred. The site was great, but I feel you took advantage of our trust.

[quote name='Gombay']I don't think most people would screw over the people that make the site what it is by buying a bunch of games right before shutting down trading (29 games sent, 125 received btw).[/QUOTE]

While I'm more broken up than most about the closure of this site (have no idea where to send my trading now, going forward), there is a very good reason for those lopsided numbers.

Early in VG5's days, TZ would take swaths of absolute junk titles from people (many forced to send the batch of titles in boxes) just to inject more points into the system (the points earned from the garbage titles plus a tip at times). Those were then resold elsewhere or simply scrapped.

He is still sending out some titles today as well, so there's that. Still not sure where to go from here; VG5 was there when Goozex was hitting its all time lows (of which it has yet to recover from), but now I am without a site with which to trade!

[quote name='chris100185']I understand you can't give details, but can you at least tell us if this is going to be another goozex situation where we don't here from the new owners for 8 months, or will we hear something sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't know when an announcement will be coming, but I'd hope something will be coming out in the next couple of days.

[quote name='Gombay']I don't think most people would screw over the people that make the site what it is by buying a bunch of games right before shutting down trading (29 games sent, 125 received btw).[/QUOTE]

A lot of what Tainted received, especially early on, was total crap.

10 of that 125 was 7 disc only PC EA sport games and 3 gamecube sports games all dating from 2002-2005 from me back in December, and I know he made other requests of similar games to add points to the economy early on.

[quote name='KennyOO7']While I'm more broken up than most about the closure of this site (have no idea where to send my trading now, going forward), there is a very good reason for those lopsided numbers.

Early in VG5's days, TZ would take swaths of absolute junk titles from people (many forced to send the batch of titles in boxes) just to inject more points into the system (the points earned from the garbage titles plus a tip at times). Those were then resold elsewhere or simply scrapped.

He is still sending out some titles today as well, so there's that. Still not sure where to go from here; VG5 was there when Goozex was hitting its all time lows (of which it has yet to recover from), but now I am without a site with which to trade![/QUOTE]
Alright, fair enough. Still, the fact that he got several new releases in the days leading up to the freezing of trading doesn't look good (I know it's back up now).

I just want to reiterate that I haven't "shut down trading," nor have the new owners as of the time I post this. I don't know why trading was down for a while, so I can't comment as to what happened there.

[quote name='KennyOO7']I am without a site with which to trade![/QUOTE]

I'm with you there, Kenny. I honestly don't know where to do my trading now. Unlike you, though, I find it difficult to not be angry with Tainted. I think of all the time we spent editing the games database to clean-up his site, all the money people were willing to put forward by buying tokens before his product was ready, and then by contributing further with their Best Buy cards. And then, the best explanation we get is, "sorry I didn't mention it, I was out of town for the holiday." It's very disappointing.

You can always trade here..or venture over to 99gamers (or not, I have issues getting games on that site)

TZ thanks for running the site and putting lots of time into it to make it work. I'm glad I was able to do some trading and get some great games in return.

Speaking of trades, I just had two matches on VGFive.

Cheapy if you are reading this...you should build up your trading zone and yo could cash out to Goozex too! seriously.

[quote name='kube00']You can always trade here..or venture over to 99gamers (or not, I have issues getting games on that site)

TZ thanks for running the site and putting lots of time into it to make it work. I'm glad I was able to do some trading and get some great games in return.

Speaking of trades, I just had two matches on VGFive.[/QUOTE]

99.9% your matches will time out had a number matches all cancelled today

I'm mad that this news came out on April Fool's Day.

Otherwise, I'm just disappointed. I have 0 points and 3 tokens and I received two current gen games from VGFive. I don't remember the last time Goozex did that so I feel I got my money and time worth out of VGFive. It's a shame because the community was a lot more civil than Goozex which is riddled with lots of spam posts. I wonder what will happen to the VGFive chatroom. Good bunch of people there.

TZ isn't a lawyer. Goozex is ran by one so I am not entirely surprised that something like this would happen. If Goozex adopts VGFive's model ( and who knows, maybe they'll offer TZ a job), I bet people would feel better. Although I have to wonder what would happen to those who have pending points and tokens at VGFive?

I hope more details on VGFive's fate is announced soon. I want to see some kind of happy ending for everyone.

[quote name='Cage017']I'm mad that this news came out on April Fool's Day.

Otherwise, I'm just disappointed. I have 0 points and 3 tokens and I received two current gen games from VGFive. I don't remember the last time Goozex did that so I feel I got my money and time worth out of VGFive. It's a shame because the community was a lot more civil than Goozex which is riddled with lots of spam posts. I wonder what will happen to the VGFive chatroom. Good bunch of people there.

TZ isn't a lawyer. Goozex is ran by one so I am not entirely surprised that something like this would happen. If Goozex adopts VGFive's model ( and who knows, maybe they'll offer TZ a job), I bet people would feel better. Although I have to wonder what would happen to those who have pending points and tokens at VGFive?

I hope more details on VGFive's fate is announced soon. I want to see some kind of happy ending for everyone.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how this would benefit Goozex in any way, other than eliminating a competitor. The sites aren't all that different. And as slidecage said, most VGFive users were disgruntled Goozex users who will likely leave/stop trading once they learn Goozex bought out VGFive.

I'll post what I said in the VGFive thread:

I think most users are feeling it because they helped TZ make VGFive what it is today.

Besides the trading and funding of the website (paid tokens), many users spent hours combing through the game database to report bugs and release dates. We stirred interest in the forums and helped promote the website free of charge.

This website really was a community effort and it's sad to see the owner throw so many users under the bus after they bust their asses for him.

Without the help of its users, VGFive would not be where it is today.

I think the worst part of it is that he took advantage of the goozer user base who had already been burnt by goozex management.

TZ used everyone as tools for his personal gain.

bread's done
Back