*OFFICIAL Wii Sports Leaderboard

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']no no, I mean where in game. How many clicks to the left or right, and angled how many clicks left or right. Or maybe something relative to those dots on the ground.[/QUOTE]

When I got my 275 high score, I got it sitting down. It was a night of playing about 4 hours straight with some friends. It was getting late so I just flopped on the couch and said lets play one more. The rest was magic.

To answer your question though I go all the way to the right, maybe not all the way, but about 2 clicks from the gutter, then I just throw it with the spin and it works for me.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']no no, I mean where in game. How many clicks to the left or right, and angled how many clicks left or right. Or maybe something relative to those dots on the ground.[/QUOTE]

4 clicks to the right..no clicks after that..I release the ball b4 I hit the top of your stroke, put a spin on it..

I just got my WiiConnect24 up and running (despite how hot it makes my Wii), so if anyone wants to add me. My code is: 4633 2726 5606 0176
Just shoot me a PM if you add me, so I can return the favor. Thanks!

I've added FriskyTanuki, botticus, glockant, Purple Flames, smellytim, onikage, and ckendal so far.

HA! I DID it!!! (and surprisingly well...)

Of course, I got my digital camera..took a pic. I couldn't find the USB cord to put it on my pc.
Then I'm like fine, and I get my 360 cam and put it to my PC.. and I got an error.. lol
My ass sat on the controller so it went to the next screen (after the NEW RECORD screen)

So I used my [lousy] camera phone and I took a pic of the message that pops up in the Wii Message board.

267, FTW!

PIX__65.jpg

I just bowled a 233 yesterday right after realizing how to control spin, only my 4th game of bowling too. If only I could bowl like that in real life...

I promise I'm not attempting to kill this thread, but...

I help run a site called Cyberscore. We have gaming high score competition charts with leaderboards and whatnot, kind of like you guys have here, but it updates itself and has lots of different stats and stuff. All different games and systems and whatnot. It's really fancy and pretty and organized.

Anyway, we have Wii Sports up now. Not only golf and bowling, but for the training minigames and everything. We'll have a rank button for the game soon, a little image you can pop in your signatures and have it update to show your overall place on the game in the charts and stuff.

I figure some of you might be interested. I hope so, at least, because more competition is always good. Hope some of you come sign up! :)

http://www.cyberscore.net/game-wii-sports.php

(and the full list of games we currently have, and we always take requests on the forum:
http://www.cyberscore.net/full_list.php)

But that site doesn't have what we are doing. The Wii Bowling section is based on the training segments. We are doing actual bowling game.

[quote name='lilboo']But that site doesn't have what we are doing. The Wii Bowling section is based on the training segments. We are doing actual bowling game.[/QUOTE]

If you'd looked at the link, you'd notice the main bowling game is there under 'main games'. :p

For a direct link, if you still can't seem to find it? http://www.cyberscore.net/chart-30903.php

[quote name='jezebelseven']I promise I'm not attempting to kill this thread, but...

I help run a site called Cyberscore. We have gaming high score competition charts with leaderboards and whatnot, kind of like you guys have here, but it updates itself and has lots of different stats and stuff. All different games and systems and whatnot. It's really fancy and pretty and organized.

Anyway, we have Wii Sports up now. Not only golf and bowling, but for the training minigames and everything. We'll have a rank button for the game soon, a little image you can pop in your signatures and have it update to show your overall place on the game in the charts and stuff.

I figure some of you might be interested. I hope so, at least, because more competition is always good. Hope some of you come sign up! :)

http://www.cyberscore.net/game-wii-sports.php

(and the full list of games we currently have, and we always take requests on the forum:
http://www.cyberscore.net/full_list.php)[/quote]

Yeah, well I promise I'm not attempting to piss on your website or anything dude, but it's not gonna be very fun to "compete" against somebody who already has bowled a perfect game and has one of the best scores in golf. I even considered signing up until I saw that. At least the people here worked their way up. Read through the thread. You'll see Flipside started at 190 and has climbed all the way up to 298. We've got a lot of guys here who have been playing for 2 weeks and still haven't gotten to 300. But yet you've got a guy at 300 before anybody even gets there? No thanks.

edit - Also on that note, lilboo's score has been steadily climbing as well. Everybody here has been a direct witness of other people's improvement. You kinda got to the party late. We're all pretty damn good at Wii Sports now, and don't beat our own scores near as often. Plus, we're all CAGs. You just wouldn't understand.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, well I promise I'm not attempting to piss on your website or anything dude, but it's not gonna be very fun to "compete" against somebody who already has bowled a perfect game and has one of the best scores in golf. I even considered signing up until I saw that. At least the people here worked their way up. Read through the thread. You'll see Flipside started at 190 and has climbed all the way up to 298. We've got a lot of guys here who have been playing for 2 weeks and still haven't gotten to 300. But yet you've got a guy at 300 before anybody even gets there? No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, theres a whopping one person who submitted it so far. The more people that submit their scores on the chart, obviously, the more competition there will be.

These people have worked their way up, as well. They're just like you and I who got their Wii as fast as they could and have been playing to improve their score since. You'll see me, over the next few minutes, submitting my piss poor scores, my 150 in bowling, and changing my scores over the next few weeks as I improve, hopefully.

If you're too scared to be beaten, then I'm not sure why you'd want to have a leaderboard at all, but I'm happy to compete on two different sites just to see the different ranges of people. No one has to come, but you guys act like I'm ruining the fun by knowing someone who's good at bowling. Jeez.

edit - Also on that note, lilboo's score has been steadily climbing as well. Everybody here has been a direct witness of other people's improvement. You kinda got to the party late. We're all pretty damn good at Wii Sports now, and don't beat our own scores near as often. Plus, we're all CAGs. You just wouldn't understand.

Oh, so I can't join the scoreboard because I didn't feel like it until just now? A whopping 2 weeks late? So anyone who just got their wii isn't allowed to join in, either, I take it?

And then you want to say I'm not a CAG? Sweetheart, I've been a CAG years longer than you have, so don't give me this 'you wouldn't understand' bs. There are plenty of people who come to cyberscore and make their own 'clan'. You could be clan CAG, if you really wanted to.
If you want to be cliquey and push people away, go for it, I just wanted to see if anyone wanted to compete on some other similar charts. fucks sake. You act like I'm telling you to abandon cag for another site.

You said yourself in your original post that you may not be able to keep up with it if it grows. I thought, perhaps, you guys might want to use this as an alternative so you don't have to update it constantly, if it DOES get too big. Man. Remind me not to offer any favors up for anyone in the future. Eyeroll.

I still hope some of you come check it out. Don't sign up if you don't want, but feel free to join in if you do. :) And thanks to those of you who are giving it a chance, look forward to beating you being pushed into last place ;p

God I just love it when people completely miss the point, and then ramble on for 5 minutes about nothing. It makes me stop reading. I'm not "scared to be beaten". That's stupid. If I was, I'd lie about my scores, and wouldn't be in the middle region of both the golf and bowling scores. The point was, joining a board with only 2 people on it, one of whom already has a perfect score seems kinda pointless to me. No one CAN beat that person.

Another point you screwed up was my "late to the party comment". I wasn't saying that new people can't join our board. But considering that a week ago, you could get in with a score of 170, obviously, the scores are much tighter now, which therefore causes less movement, and really less excitement. People aren't beating their scores as often, so really, you just might as well copy the freakin top 20 and paste it into your neato website. It's a lot harder to get in now.

I will say though, my CAG comment was pretty dumb. For that I apologize. I just couldn't think of a clever way to end the post. Oh well, win some, lose some :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] The point was, joining a board with only 2 people on it, one of whom already has a perfect score seems kinda pointless to me. No one CAN beat that person.[/quote]

You can, however, beat the people below him. Like me. Your attitude is kind of silly in my opinion-- Yes, obviously, someone will max out the game at some point. Doesn't mean competition has to end for everyone else. I suspect when someone here on CAG gets 300, you'll keep going, right? You can always try to tie him, eh? Heck, you can even get above him on the scoreboard if that's your thing-- If you submit 300 and a proof picture for it, you'd be in the number one number one spot.

For what it's worth, hohez has made an account and already stolen 3 golds from that guy who had 300 on one chart. :) (edit, make that four!)

I personally don't care about being number one. I just want to improve.

If your problem is that it only has 2-3 people on it now, fine. Check it out in two weeks. There will be at least 7 players on most charts, as 5+ people requested it.

But considering that a week ago, you could get in with a score of 170, obviously, the scores are much tighter now, which therefore causes less movement, and really less excitement.

And adding more people, to me, gets more excitement. No, it's not fun playing against all pros, being the one 150 in a sea of 300s, which was kind of my point in cross pollinating here. Tired of being in your spot, well, find some new people to play with. More people = more movement, obviously.

Is what I offered good for CS? Yeah. I think it's good for people here, as well, because you might make new friends you enjoy competing with, be it on wii sports, or NFS carbon, whatever.

Like I said, I was just trying to help everyone. Help you by possibly eliminating your need to update if you desired, if not, help people find more charts to play on. Help everyone by finding a real time chart. It's fine if you don't want to play on CS. Really. But the offer is there for those who do. *shrug*

Fair enough. Nothing wrong with people having choices. I guess the main thing about it that I don't like is just the fact that STARTING OUT there, someone already has a 300. I don't really know anybody who strives for 2nd place. It's not even the idea of "winning" so much as it is the pursuit of the ultimate goal, which hasn't occurred here yet, but already has on your site. As I said, of all the people that have been trying here, nobody's gotten a 300. I guess that's the other thing too. Your 300 guy didn't have picture proof. Our 298 here at least does. I apologize for my skepticism, but hey, maybe I'll be wrong and everyone will abandon me here. I don't mind going down with the ship.

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] I guess the main thing about it that I don't like is just the fact that STARTING OUT there, someone already has a 300.[/quote]

I'm not nuts about it either, I don't like being in last place, but I just have to accept the fact that he's been practicing his butt off. I don't strive for second place but I'm happy when I'm anywhere but last, really. Maybe I'm weird. I just compete for myself. Either way, that ultimate goal is still there, someone just beat ya to it. I honestly hope it doesn't get you down, and I hope you believe me when I say I honestly am not trying to kill this thread-- I even mentioned this thread to fellow people on cyberscore and told some of them to check it out, so I'm trying to get more people here too. :)

Your 300 guy didn't have picture proof. Our 298 here at least does.

If anyone who's a registered user on CS doesn't believe a user is capable of getting a score, all they have to do is click the score, and 'report' it (under the score it'll then say 'Pending/Under investigation'. It'll be sent to a mod (I'm one), the mod will investigate and get proof in either video or picture format-- It's typically posted in the forum where anyone can see, as well. They then get a note under their score that the record is 'approved'.
We don't like liars any more than you, and appreciate when people bring dodgy scores to our attention. :) For what it's worth, Psymar is a well known guy on the site, proves his records when asked, and such, so I believe it's legit.

Again-- I'm honestly not trying to get people to leave. This thread is great for people who want to compete with just other CAGs and no one else. :) I'm genuinely sorry if that's what you thought my goal was.

[quote name='jezebelseven']Again-- I'm honestly not trying to get people to leave. This thread is great for people who want to compete with just other CAGs and no one else. :) I'm genuinely sorry if that's what you thought my goal was.[/quote]

It's ok. Just defending my turf. I would have felt bad if I hadn't. No hard feelings.

Edit: -6 for Golf.

Also, a new high in bowling, 257! woo!

2nd to last dot from the right side. quick flick of the wrist = hard throw to the left.

I feel like a loser, I seem to be getting worse at bowling. I've been steadily dropping from from 200ish to like 170. I nearly lost a game against my girlfriend who was playing for the 2nd time last night. I finally got 5 strikes in a row to end the game and win with a 150ish. Very sad.

Got up to 278 today...if that spare in the 9th would have been a strike, I would have had that elusive 300 game. It's only just a matter of time now:D

As I recall, Iwata said that the test team never got a perfect game. I only assume its possible, just for some reason or another, highly unlikely.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']As I recall, Iwata said that the test team never got a perfect game. I only assume its possible, just for some reason or another, highly unlikely.[/QUOTE]

I lined up a little to far to the right.. I came in a little light, but I was still in the pocket. This game you need to be perfect, or a little to the left of the headpin.

Definitely possible.. I've had strikes into the 10th three times now.. I'll get a 300 sometime.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']As I recall, Iwata said that the test team never got a perfect game. I only assume its possible, just for some reason or another, highly unlikely.[/quote]

Honestly, that's my favorite thing about Wii Sports. If everybody was figuring the game out and getting perfect scores we wouldn't still be playing it. It's nice that like in real life, the slightest change in your motion can affect your score. Makes it hard to cheat too..haha.

I want to cry.

I had the round of awesomeness going:

Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, Eagle (yeah, that's right, a hole in one), Eagle.

7 under through 5....and then the winds went apeshit.

Par, Par, Par, Double Bogey (cursed 28mph wind).

*sigh*....I hate golf.

Well my new bowling high is 224 but that doesn't even crack the top 20 anymore. Golf is still a 4 under. Does it seem to anyone else that the higher your skill level, the more crazy the wind becomes?

marten, I feel your pain. I just went -4 into hole 7, where the green completely owned me. Triple Bogey. Followed by much cursing, a par, and a birdie, I ended the game at -2, which is still a record for me. Pro status is within my grasp. Oddly enough, I never seem to have trouble with hole 9.

Golf:
Played gold today, my first 9 hole game I got a -2
Stupid 9th hole, I had -5 b4 that..hit water hazzard 2X..hehe ended up with -2

Bowling:
I hit 297 and 298 today..that last GOD DAMN has eluded me since Wii launch! I almost thru away my WiiMote..

[quote name='FlipSide']Golf:
Played gold today, my first 9 hole game I got a -2
Stupid 9th hole, I had -5 b4 that..hit water hazzard 2X..hehe ended up with -2

Bowling:
I hit 297 and 298 today..that last GOD DAMN has eluded me since Wii launch! I almost thru away my WiiMote..[/QUOTE]

I hit a 282 and 297 today.. It's going to be you or me with that 300, question is who? Haha.

I had my score at -8 through 8 holes today and was sure that I'd at least finish there. But, as has been the case a few times before, I was faced with some horrible wind on 9 and finished at -7.

I shot -3 in golf today, started off on fire and hit some bad wind near the end and just missed a few putts. I feel a real low score is on the verge of happening. I'm really loving this game and I'm suprised how deep it actually is. When you play 1500 point pros in Tennis its pretty challanging.

I'm starting to hate bolwing. I've been playing for hours and am now starting to notice discomfort in my tricepts. My bowling skill level is 1429, what are your top scorer's bowling skill level?

And also, for you top scorers, are you able to score relatively high (250+) every time or only rarely?

[quote name='onacouch']

I'm starting to hate bolwing. I've been playing for hours and am now starting to notice discomfort in my tricepts. My bowling skill level is 1429, what are your top scorer's bowling skill level?

And also, for you top scorers, are you able to score relatively high (250+) every time or only rarely?[/QUOTE]

I'm around 1700... I score 240+ every time.

bread's done
Back