Official Wii Wheel $4.99 or 3 for $12.99 @ Game Crazy B&M

mephitical

Banned
It looks like Game Crazy is selling the Wii Wheels from Hollywod's Mario Kart rental copies for $4.99 each, or $12.99 for a pack of three. I know opinions are mixed on this accessory, but I love it and half price for a brand new wheel is a good deal to me, especially considering Blockbuster is selling theirs for $9.99.

Thanks to forumreader and bang4dabuck for confirming this!

Here's a link to the store locator:
http://www.gamecrazy.com/storelocator/mappoint.aspx#startaddress

MKwheel.jpg

This might be a non-deal for a GC that is a stand-alone store, as there's no HWV next door to them. Most likely won't be an issue.

[quote name='fatez']Can anyone confirm this? Are they new or used?[/quote]
Still no confirmations, but as Shrike pointed out, make sure to call first. They are presumed to be new, and should be sealed in the plastic bag that they come in in Mario Kart. This is how Blockbuster is packaging their "used" wheels and it's how they were reported on SlickDeals.

I'll confirm the $4.99, it doesn't look like they gave me 3 for $12.99 though. My wheels were new with manual in the used packaging they use.

Considering getting these and CARS wii as a gift. Ive never used either, but would the combo make sense? Can you play with 4 players on cars?

I saw this posted at Slickdeals this morning and went to GC during my lunch break. I can confirm they are 3 for $12.99.

Three wheels were still wrapped in Nintendo plastic and came bundled in a white box with their manuals. Employee told me they came from the rental copies of MK and were never used.

EDIT: Can't confirm the one for $4.99. The employee told me they only sold them in threes.

Yeah. They did the same thing with the remotes from WiiPlay as well. It was weird receiving 10 used remotes in one night, even funnier when they were all gone within 2 hours or so.

Confirmed 3 for $12.99 they are the ones from the rentals from Hollywood Video,
they are still in the wrappers, but the wrappers are not sealed, but neither were the ones that came with the game.

As mentioned in the other (later) thread, the 3-pack is a separate item, so you can't buy 3 of the individuals for $12.99, unless the clerk manually adjusts it, YMMV. I bought 2 wheels last night, left 5. They didn't have any 3-packs at my store.

just bought one for $4.99 at the elkhart,indiana gamecrazy this morning.they had a few more singles left and quite a few 3 packs for $12.99

Confirmed: Bought the last one for $5.30 (tax) at the Gamecrazy on Bagley in Berea, OH.

It looks as if they took the game out of the bundle case and are selling the Wheel. It comes with the cardboard holder and instructions w/ the wheel in plastic wrap. It's not sealed (as earlier mentioned) but I'd be shocked if it was used.. mint condition. Great deal, thanks OP!

Thanks OP. Picked up 3 in a box for less than 12.50 after tax. Receipt had it at 11.50 for 3 before taxes. Don't have the game, but figure that when I get the game it would be nice to have some extras.

Awesome. I just ran to my local Game Crazy (22nd Street, Tucson) and the manager didn't even know they had them. Someone checked in the back and, sure enough, three packs for $13. Perfect for the MK tournament I'm hosting tomorrow!
Thanks OP.

I didn't see any 3 packs, but they had several singles. I took one up to the counter and told them "I heard they were 3 for $12.99." They said it was and asked if I wanted to get two more. I said yes and went to grab two more single packs. Total was $14.00 even after tax in CA.

Can anyone tell me how much shipping these would cost? Like 3 of them? I plan on picking up some for fellow CAGs but the shipping might kill it for them.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Can anyone tell me how much shipping these would cost? Like 3 of them? I plan on picking up some for fellow CAGs but the shipping might kill it for them.[/quote]

They're not *too* big or heavy. Amazon lists them at 0.63 lbs. I imagine you would be able to cram them in a USPS flat-rate box if it came to it.. max shipping rate would be $8.95 and the cost of some crumpled of newspapers to make sure they don't slam together too much. (Although they seem pretty durable anyway)

man, my nearest gamecrazy is like 30 miles away.
I'd jump on this like crazy if it was local, but idk if it's worth it with that far of a drive though

grabbed these and grabbed mario kart today thanks op! they didn't have 3 packs out but when i asked them about prices they said they had 3 packs in the back for $13 and got it for me though they didnt have a box..i just got it in a cardboard box but thats ok...they're looking good.

I'd kill for a set of three wheels for $12. If someone is able to pick up an extra triplet, PM me. I've already PMed two people who've offered, but they haven't responded (EDIT: Well, one of the guys simply hasn't been on since I PM'd him).

In addition to paying price plus handling, I'd gladly throw in a free Blockbuster game rental. :)

Well, crap - this is old news and I wish someone had cross posted this to the Blockbuster thread before I went out and got one there for what I thought was a great deal at $9.99 in BB credit. $4.99 in GC credit is a slightly better deal. It's a pain in the ass to get Blockbuster to take anything back but if I find one (or three) at GC I might just do that.

[quote name='kevzik']Considering getting these and CARS wii as a gift. Ive never used either, but would the combo make sense? Can you play with 4 players on cars?[/QUOTE]
I believe Cars Wii only went up to 2 players. But, FWIW, it's a fun game and commonly dirt cheap. Besides for some of the mini-games, the Wii Wheel would make sense to work with Cars.

I'm going to have to call up my local Game Crazy's to see if this deal is going on.

I know this is a little off-topic since it it a different store, but are Blockbusters selling just the wheels from their rental copies also, and for how much? I see that Blockbuster has been brought up a few times in this thread but I figured it be better to come straght out and ask.

[quote name='ajh2298']I know this is a little off-topic since it it a different store, but are Blockbusters selling just the wheels from their rental copies also, and for how much? I see that Blockbuster has been brought up a few times in this thread but I figured it be better to come straght out and ask.[/quote]

blockbuster sells for $9.99 each

GameCrazy in Latham, NY and Central Ave (Albany), NY are both selling the Wii Wheels for $11.99 and not the $4.99

Confirmed at Game Crazy at the Oakland Macarthur Ave. store. The workers there were really slow, but they seemed to have a lot leftover. I got 3 for 12.99. They have them all wrapped in boxes. Thanks OP! Great find!

[quote name='t0llenz']GameCrazy in Latham, NY and Central Ave (Albany), NY are both selling the Wii Wheels for $11.99 and not the $4.99[/quote]

The wheels are used, not new. The new price is $11.99.

And just as I posted earlier, yes, they're new but selling as used, they were from rental copies.

never thought i'd see people get so hot and bothered over circular pieces of plastic :p

Fullerton CA was out of the 3 pack. Picked up 2 because I bought an extra one when the game came out. They are new :D and still in the plastic. and packing box from the game. They only had a few left.

Grabbed a couple at my local GameCrazy, sadly the employees didn't know anything about the 3 for $12 deal, oh well... still 50% off!

[quote name='Scorch']The wheels are used, not new. The new price is $11.99.

And just as I posted earlier, yes, they're new but selling as used, they were from rental copies.

never thought i'd see people get so hot and bothered over circular pieces of plastic :p[/QUOTE]
The Latham/Colonie locations were only selling "new" ones from what I gathered on the phone. I should probably stop in person to check, though. Latham had only 1 in stock and it was $11.99...Colonie implied they only had new ones. Both are directly connected to Hollywood Video locations. I just wanted to let the few Capital District NY CAGers know that I checked them already...

FYI, the Virginia Beach, VA store at Republic Road had no clue about this deal. The other area locations are too remote for me to check out.

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, I may get one even if I don't have Mario Kart Wii yet....tempting though for the price.[/quote]

It's a must if you pick up the game. I'm in no way a fan of motion controls for the most part, but it's a blast with the wheel. My girlfriend and I were fighting over the first one most of the time we played before I got a 2nd ;)

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, I may get one even if I don't have Mario Kart Wii yet....tempting though for the price.[/quote]
I visited my local GC the other day with the same mindset - they had one wheel left so I figured I'd buy it while I could, thinking maybe I could use it for Excite Truck or something. About five seconds later, I broke down and got Mario Kart too. I'm glad I did, my wife and I have had a blast with it. Using the wheel turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

bread's done
Back