Official Wii2 prediction/theory/etc. discussion thread

I don't get why achievements are like this make or break scenario. No system needs them, so Nintendo not having them isn't going to be what kills or makes the Wii's replacement successful.

Though it still seems incredibly unlikely, the first thing that comes to mind is the image of Miyamoto in a VR helmet that was circulating around the release of the Wii. Maybe that'll be a real possibility for the generation following the next.
And I actually hope Nintendo doesn't implement an achievement system, gamer score or other such trivial bullshit.

While no system needs achievements, they're something a lot of people enjoy, so it's surprising they keep ignoring them. Done properly, an achievement system can be quite awesome. Devs get a bit of free publicity from having their game show up in a gamer's friend's recently played list...gamers get incentives to play the game differently than they might otherwise play it, or an entire new meta-game altogether.

For me, it's more of a "why not?" scenario when it comes to implementing achievements.

On another note, I really hate the term "Wii 2". Something about it just irritates me. Nintendo's never been one to simply slap a 2 on the end of product to signify the next generation. If anything, i'd prefer the term "Wii Successor". Doesn't roll of the tongue, but it's much more accurate.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']It will probably just be underpowered with shitty graphics, w00t ![/QUOTE]

But at least it'll be sold at a profit, have non-farmed-out customer service and will give you the peace of mind that you're not supporting an evil conglomerate.

[quote name='Salamando3000']
On another note, I really hate the term "Wii 2". Something about it just irritates me. Nintendo's never been one to simply slap a 2 on the end of product to signify the next generation. If anything, i'd prefer the term "Wii Successor". Doesn't roll of the tongue, but it's much more accurate.[/QUOTE]

How about "Super Wii"? :D

I'm curious as to when we will start hearing about how the "Revolution is coming" like we have with pretty much every Nintendo home console that I can remember (now, I am young, so).

Maybe for once Nintendo will keep that name. Doubt it though. We have the Wii that emphasizes multiplayer, the GameCube that was a cube that played games, the N64 was called that because of the 64 bit processor, the Super Nintendo was called that because it was from Nintendo and they thought it was Super (bad joke I know).

Whatever we hear about the next system will likely be seen in the name. There's always some key component about the system that's in its name.

For now, I'm just hoping to get Skyward Sword before the Wii 2 releases. Please Nintendo, do NOT make it a Wii/Wii 2 game like Twilight Princess.

bread's done
Back