Official Xbox 360 HDMI AV Cable $19.99 at Amazon

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Before the "too much for an HDMI cable" posts, keep in mind that the thing about this package is the audio adapter.[/QUOTE]

Hate to be 'that guy' but still cheaper to get hdmi + optical cable from monoprice.

edit: Wait, why do you need an optical cable if you have HDMI?

Some TVs don't have optical audio out, so then they're stuck with TV speakers or RCA audio.

Also, you'd still need an optical cable, but this will turn that multi-AV output into an actual optical cable jack, which the 360 *doesn't* have.

[quote name='confoosious']Hate to be 'that guy' but still cheaper to get hdmi + optical cable from monoprice.

edit: Wait, why do you need an optical cable if you have HDMI?[/QUOTE]

Home theater system with non-HDMI receiver, for one. (Though if you have a component a/v cable already, you can pry off part of the plastic and use that with your HDMI cable, instead of needing to buy a separate audio dongle.)

Decent price for the bundle.

[quote name='worshipsf']Home theater system with non-HDMI receiver, for one. (Though if you have a component a/v cable already, you can pry off part of the plastic and use that with your HDMI cable, instead of needing to buy a separate audio dongle.)

Decent price for the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh.

Your solution also works. You use the included cable for optical and then use hdmi just for video.

cheaper to buy both separately.

As long as you buy a valid version of HDMI cable, you don't need to buy expensive ones.
I use HDMI cable for my HDTV and optical out with the AV cable came with the console for my 5.1 home theater system.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']As long as you buy a valid version of HDMI cable, you don't need to buy expensive ones.
I use HDMI cable for my HDTV and optical out with the AV cable came with the console for my 5.1 home theater system.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying. You can get both for like $9 at monoprice and probably free shipping if you look around enough.

Unless you must have the shiny xbox logo on your cables.

[quote name='confoosious']Hate to be 'that guy' but still cheaper to get hdmi + optical cable from monoprice.

edit: Wait, why do you need an optical cable if you have HDMI?[/QUOTE]

I have no need for the audio dongle, so I've never bothered to look up the prices. I was merely pointing out that this is not just an HDMI cable, as many people often assume.

The thing is, Microsoft cheaped out and stopped packing the component (w/ optical) cable with the newer 360s... so if you have a newer console, the included cable is composite only (no optical).

Anyway, it's a good price for anyone who needs both items.

Some people do like the shiny xbox logo. I actually got the cheapest HDMI cables I could get from the Amazon marketplace - I think it ended up being $3 after shipping. Same price for optical.

The nice thing about digital cables is it either works or it doesn't - and they both work fine.

bread's done
Back