Official Xbox Magazine $17.95 - Amazon Gold Box

if that's the case, i'd be happy. i've been holding off on sending OXM a check for $24.99 because i swear there's a better promo out there.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Be careful though, because sometimes they don't come with disks.[/quote]

Thanks Muff1n. I reworded the OP to reflect this. I will update it when the deal is live to denote which version it is. :)

It's got to be the one with the disc because if it's the one without the disc, the only way it's a lightning deal worthy is if it's free. It will most likely be $15, possibly $10.

[quote name='jeff0514']Is there ever much content on the discs that's not already on Xbox Live?[/QUOTE]

They have occasionally put stuff on there that is for-pay on Live. Latest example is three tracks for Rock Band.

Demos on disc also save HDD space.

Personally I still wouldn't pay more than $10 or so for a year.

guy on amazon reviewing this specific xbox magazine "with DVD":

Here's the deal, I purchased this subscription thinking "[PRINT + DVD]" was actually TRUE. My first issue just came with NO DEMO DISC, and after calling Future (the subscription service provider) I was informed that the only way to get the Demo Disc is to either pay an extra dollar per issue over the phone, or have my amazon subscription canceled, and a new one started directly through them. Of course you have to pay again, and wait 4-6 weeks for a refund check for the original subscription.

In summary:

1 year subscription of magazine from Amazon = $24.95

1 year subscription of magazine AND DEMO DISC from Official Xbox Magizine website = $24.95

You fail Amazon

I'd still be careful about ordering if you think you're getting the disc.

[quote name='rpepper']It's The Official Xbox Magazine for $17.95 WITH DVD. I'll update the OP to reflect[/quote]

sweet. that's $2 cheaper than what i wanted to pay. thanks mann.

in for one.
i never really felt like a need for a subscription to OXM but with the recent rockback 3 song pack (which i pay 10$ for in store for me and my friends) i think 18$ is not bad at all.
And IT specifically saids "With DVD".
And knowing Amazon if they screw up and send the non DVD one, one quick email to them complaining will solve it.
I think the guy that posted in the comments is just blowing smoke.

The review stating that it doesn't come with the disc is dated June 24, 2007 while the second most recent review, February 8, 2008, says it does come with the disc. I'm willing to bet it's been straightened out since then. Thanks OP.

They've usually got exclusive Gamerpics or themes that are unlocked by playing all of the demos and videos on the disc (this month, they've got exclusive Portal pics) and artwork, as well as the exclusive demo every now and then. The magazine is actually pretty solid (personally, I -love- the "Cheap Thrills" section covering an older gem that's available for

I want to bite, but have a question...

Is it easy to change my address in the middle of the subscription? Because I am moving in two months or so and want to be sure it's a easy transition (ie no lost mags) Anyone went through this and could just share his/her experience with a fellow CAG?

It does come with the disc as I ordered from here a couple months ago. Only difference from "Newstand" OXM is that the DVD doesn't come in those SLIM DVD Cases with OXM designed fillers it just comes in a plain paper DVD sleeve.

[quote name='TomoyoN']It does come with the disc as I ordered from here a couple months ago. Only difference from "Newstand" OXM is that the DVD doesn't come in those SLIM DVD Cases with OXM designed fillers it just comes in a plain paper DVD sleeve.[/quote]

What!? .. damn.
Still a good deal and not necessarily a deal breaker .... but just Damn!
I like the slim clear cases.:cry:

boooo

bread's done
Back