Ogre Battle(s)

TheAstroCreep

CAGiversary!
I'm looking into finally completing Ogre Battle for SNES, but I was wondering how the PSone version of the game plays. How are the load times, do any of you guys know? Also, has anyone played Ogre Battle 64? And how does it compare to the SNES version?

Been a long time since I played it, but if I remember right, Ogre Battle 64 is the direct sequel to the SNES version. The main character even shows up as an NPC. I liked the 64 version much better. Gameplay was very similar but felt much improved and the story was a lot cooler. Can't help you with the PS1 version though.

From what I remember about on Ogre Battle ps1/snes

the ps1 version had a remixed soundtrack (for the worse), redone special effects (for the worse), battles moved faster (but you had the added load times which were 2-6 seconds), and added some more options when it came time to ordering the troops.

The translation was a little different, there were more voiceovers and added text before entering a map. Either version of the game is worth playing through.

personally, i loved all the ogre battles and have owned them all at one point or another, and finished them all. Definatly worth picking up, if you don't mind fishing out the money.

bread's done
Back