Oh... BestBuy....

R1V3R5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So, I go to BestBuy to return something. They gave me no hassle at all and put the money right back on my credit card. While I'm there I look to see if they have the "Witch Hunter Robin" anime box set because I heard they sell it for $50 below MSRP. I checked the BestBuy site earlier that day because I didn't want to make a trip out there if they did not have the anime I wanted. Sure enough, it says it is not available at my local BestBuy. But I went anyway because I had the day off and had to return something. So, while I was there, I looked and to my amazement, they had three of the Robin box sets. So I look at it but I'm hesitant to drop $100 right now on anime. But then I see a sign that says, "Buy Bourne Supremacy and get 10% any other DVD." I ask a clerk it if applies to box sets and he says no. I tell him to double check and another guys says no as well. I look at the add closely and it does not say it excludes box sets. So, I go get a manager and she goes to look up their cost of the Robin box set. After 15 minutes she says she will give me 10% off Robin with purchase of Bourne and write me up a slip to take to the cashier. I then go to check out only to find out that I never needed her authority. The computer took 10% off of the Robin box set automatically! All that hassle and then I got it anyway. :lol:

Also, my BestBuy has this receiver that is an 'open box" item for $150. It is a Panasonic from a home theatre system but is missing the sub and speakers. The kicker here is that it is a slimline receiver. And so that Panasonic could make it so thin, they actually put most the receiver components in the sub including the amp! It is advertised at 600 watts but, in reality, without the subwoofer, the receiver does nothing! There is not even a spot for the receiver to attach to speakers since the speakers actually hook to the subwoofer! And they are selling it for $150! :roll:

Here is the actual theatre system...

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wc...oupId=11136&modelNo=SC-HT05&surfModel=SC-HT05

Thank you for your random story. and thank you for helping me to get closer to 1000 posts. Altohugh that will take many years at this rate. (200 posts in nearly 1 year)

I take it you were intending on buying Bourne Supremacy anyhow? Becuase otherwise you just spent $5 more than you would've if you just got the boxset.

Shouldn't this be in the "Deal and Shopping Discussions & Bragging rights" board? Heh, talk about off topic in an off topic board :p

But anyways nice story. Silly Best Buy employees...

No, there is no real point to the story. I have read tons of threads here on CAG and 50% have no point so I see no reason why mine should. And I did want to get Bourne Supremacy so I did save $10 in the long run. I just thought it was funny that they were selling that worthless receiver for that price and that I went through all the hassle to get the discount off on that anime only to have the computer give me the 10% off. It was just a little story. I had no intention of enriching your lives. I only intended to waste your precious time reading my long post about how odd BestBuy is.

Also, Witch Hunter Robin is pretty damn good.

[quote name='Limitbreaker02']Well, I guess that's why we are here...to waste precious time reading stuff.[/quote]

thats right

[quote name='valor19']No, there is no real point to the story. I have read tons of threads here on CAG and 50% have no point so I see no reason why mine should. And I did want to get Bourne Supremacy so I did save $10 in the long run. I just thought it was funny that they were selling that worthless receiver for that price and that I went through all the hassle to get the discount off on that anime only to have the computer give me the 10% off. It was just a little story. I had no intention of enriching your lives. I only intended to waste your precious time reading my long post about how odd BestBuy is.

Also, Witch Hunter Robin is pretty damn good.[/quote]

I was amused, gave me something to read.

I liked reading too. Yay for reading. And there doesn't have to be any point to your thread. I mean come on there isn't one here either so yeah. Ciao.

[quote name='valor19']

So, I go get a manager and she goes to look up their cost of the Robin box set. After 15 minutes she says she will give me 10% off Robin with purchase of Bourne and write me up a slip to take to the cashier. [/quote]

What did the manager look like?

bread's done
Back