oh how I hate Xbox customer service

MrBrando

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
So my 2 month trial subscription to Xbox live ended the other day and I forgot to cancel it in time. I thought it was no biggie because I'm on;y get charged $5 for a month then I'll cancel...or so I thought. I looked at muy credit card bill and ithey charged me $50 bucks for a full year. I called in and they said that there was a problem and this happened to other people too but there is nothing they can do because it's already been renewed for a full year and they can't change it to monthly. What the fucking fuck? "I'm sorry, we messed up but we're not going to try and fix it, screw you?" that's really their business practice? Is there anything you guys can think of I could do? I don't see why they couldn't refund me my money then charge me for a month? I didn't even use the live service for the 2 months I had it.

[quote name='MrBrando']So my 2 month trial subscription to Xbox live ended the other day and I forgot to cancel it in time. I thought it was no biggie because I'm on;y get charged $5 for a month then I'll cancel...or so I thought. I looked at muy credit card bill and ithey charged me $50 bucks for a full year. I called in and they said that there was a problem and this happened to other people too but there is nothing they can do because it's already been renewed for a full year and they can't change it to monthly. What the shaq-fuing shaq-fu? "I'm sorry, we messed up but we're not going to try and fix it, screw you?" that's really their business practice? Is there anything you guys can think of I could do? I don't see why they couldn't refund me my money then charge me for a month? I didn't even use the live service for the 2 months I had it.[/quote]

call again, talk to a supervisor, dont quit til you get your $ back

Maybe if on the dashboard you had selected "monthly payment" and not "year payment" then you wouldnt have gotten charged...Its your fault...Not theirs

I had xbox live and forgot to cancel but my dads credit card had expired already, LMAO so they emailed me like 10 times telling me that and finally I just cancelled it.

I am sorry to hear that happened to you, maybe you should cancel it now, if possible, so when the year runs out it wont happen again

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Reverse the charge on your credit card and let your credit card company duke it out with them.[/quote]
That should work

[quote name='karmapolice620']Maybe if on the dashboard you had selected "monthly payment" and not "year payment" then you wouldnt have gotten charged...Its your fault...Not theirs[/quote]

Hey asshole, maybe I did and even on the card it says "At the end of your two-month trial subscription period, $5.99 will be automatically charged to your credit card unless you cancel your subscription or select an alternative plan."

[quote name='MrBrando'][quote name='karmapolice620']Maybe if on the dashboard you had selected "monthly payment" and not "year payment" then you wouldnt have gotten charged...Its your fault...Not theirs[/quote]

Hey asshole, maybe I did and even on the card it says "At the end of your two-month trial subscription period, $5.99 will be automatically charged to your credit card unless you cancel your subscription or select an alternative plan."[/quote]

Please change your attitude, and use a better vocabulary. So what if he didn't know all the details, flaming is not tolerated, and he doesn't deserved to be called an ass(hole). My $0.02.

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='MrBrando'][quote name='karmapolice620']Maybe if on the dashboard you had selected "monthly payment" and not "year payment" then you wouldnt have gotten charged...Its your fault...Not theirs[/quote]

Hey asshole, maybe I did and even on the card it says "At the end of your two-month trial subscription period, $5.99 will be automatically charged to your credit card unless you cancel your subscription or select an alternative plan."[/quote]

Please change your attitude, and use a better vocabulary. So what if he didn't know all the details, flaming is not tolerated, and he doesn't deserved to be called an ass(hole). My $0.02.[/quote]

sorry, I just don't like when people assume things. If he had asked if I had selectred the monthly or bothered to check I would have not lashed out, but he just said that it was my fault because I didn't check that even thought he has no idea if I did or not.I was just giving him the same lack of respect he was giving me.

[quote name='MrBrando'][quote name='karmapolice620']Maybe if on the dashboard you had selected "monthly payment" and not "year payment" then you wouldnt have gotten charged...Its your fault...Not theirs[/quote]

if it says that, then there is no way they can legally make you pay it.

Brother,

If I was in your shoes and someone blamed me for something without knowing the details, I'd certainly not be thrilled. But when you post an issue/problem/opinion on a web board people are gonna write whatever they think, whether it's intelligent, educated, ignorant, or whatnot. You need to be able to accept that or you shouldn't post. It's not worth getting that upset steamed and cursing someone out. You disrespected him more by insulting him and cursing the guy out.

[quote name='MrBrando'][quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='MrBrando'][quote name='karmapolice620']Maybe if on the dashboard you had selected "monthly payment" and not "year payment" then you wouldnt have gotten charged...Its your fault...Not theirs[/quote]

Please change your attitude, and use a better vocabulary. So what if he didn't know all the details, flaming is not tolerated, and he doesn't deserved to be called an ass(hole). My $0.02.[/quote]

sorry, I just don't like when people assume things. If he had asked if I had selectred the monthly or bothered to check I would have not lashed out, but he just said that it was my fault because I didn't check that even thought he has no idea if I did or not.I was just giving him the same lack of respect he was giving me.[/quote]

I say this because my friend had it happen to him aswell...In his payment options he selected yearly and not month by month...So went over his two months without knowing it and now is stuck with a XBL tag he doesnt want...there is no way (unless you get some dumb employee or make a big fuss) that they will refund you...go check you dashboard and see what is selected (if you havent changed it) and if it does in fact say by month then I appologize and they should refund you...If it does say yearly I do not appologize and it is your fault

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Reverse the charge on your credit card and let your credit card company duke it out with them.[/quote]

Bingo. Be sure to tell the credit card people that you called MS yourself and they admitted it was an error but claimed there is nothing they could do.

you see you trying to deal with M$ so you're definatly boned.

But don't give, keep calling them and pissing them off, maybe something will change.

bread's done
Back