Oh...My...God... Teenagers really are more idiotic these days.

"State lawmakers said the myths are spreading because of Florida's abstinence-only sex education, Local 6 reported."

Yet people still won't admit that abstinence-only only sex ed doesn't work.:roll:

That can't be real. No one is that stupid - and if they are let them drink all the bleach they can before passing out. Survival of the fittest!

I find it idiotic that you decide to attack a certain age group for no reason, especially because in the article it clearly says "State lawmakers said the myths are spreading because of Florida's abstinence-only sex education, Local 6 reported."

So, who's fault is it? The shitty school system or the teenagers? Face it, people don't get more idiotic when time goes on. It just seems like it because, well, you're older. I find it very offensive when people say how bad my generation is because every previous generation says this about the next generation.

[quote name='naes']I find it idiotic that you decide to attack a certain age group for no reason, especially because in the article it clearly says "State lawmakers said the myths are spreading because of Florida's abstinence-only sex education, Local 6 reported."

So, who's fault is it? The shitty school system or the teenagers? Face it, people don't get more idiotic when time goes on. It just seems like it because, well, you're older. I find it very offensive when people say how bad my generation is because every previous generation says this about the next generation.[/quote]

QFT

[quote name='naes']
So, who's fault is it? The shitty school system or the teenagers?
[/quote]

Why can't it be both?

Face it, people don't get more idiotic when time goes on.

Debatable, but I don't know where you'd get proof/evidence either way. I prefer to just say that people have always been stupid and will always be stupid, with obvious stand-outs like famous mathematicians, scientists, physicists, etc.

It just seems like it because, well, you're older. I find it very offensive when people say how bad my generation is because every previous generation says this about the next generation.

And yet you called the observation idiotic previously. Seems counter-productive given your assertions here.

And don't forget - you'll do the same about the generation under you. You'll probably top it off with "Yeah well everyone insulted mine, so I'm allowed" rite of passage justification. Everyone always does.

As for the article, come on. Drinking bleach? Would be nice to think that would sterilize these kids somehow.

The other issue - on abstinence only programs - is the bigger one no one is going to really address. I've come to accept that we should include condoms and such in sex ed, but I find it really strange that so many people are adamant about getting so angry about these programs.

[quote name='naes']I find it idiotic that you decide to attack a certain age group for no reason, especially because in the article it clearly says "State lawmakers said the myths are spreading because of Florida's abstinence-only sex education, Local 6 reported."

So, who's fault is it? The shitty school system or the teenagers? Face it, people don't get more idiotic when time goes on. It just seems like it because, well, you're older. I find it very offensive when people say how bad my generation is because every previous generation says this about the next generation.[/quote]

Your generation is the one that got high off of the condensed air in the cans of whipped cream for God sakes(resulting in it getting banned for a short time and nearly ruining my chance at sharing a childhood memory with my children of spraying the whipped cream into their mouths), and thats pretty damned sad. How can I NOT feel a little angry with your generation? I know there are a few good kids in your generation, but nowadays it's rare. I haven't seen very many. In fact, I can't remember the last time I've seen a good teen. And how can teenagers not know anything about sex beyond sex ed in highschool? Sex is everywhere. It's on TV, it's in the movies, it's in books(even the ones meant for teens)/magazines, etc.

Yeah it sucks that the system is not allowing them to teach them properly. And parents need to be doing their part as well. But bleach?! It says right on the bottle that IT IS NOT TO BE INGESTED! And I remember hearing about the Mountain Dew rumor when I was a teen myself. It's a very old rumor that it lowers your sperm count but it's not true. It's a myth. Know how I found that out? The internet. When I hear something and want to know if it's true or not, I look into it. That's being smart. Being stupid is jumping the gun and drinking poison and having sex without real protection and thinking some rather nasty tasting soda is going to keep you from knocking some chick up. And I was smart enough when I was a teen to know that the pull out method doesn't work either. Thats another myth teens buy into. I figured that one out all on my own because I actually looked and observed during foreplay(and just to put the question to rest before it gets asked I only ever did foreplay, never had sex til I was 18) that something comes out whether the guy gets off or not and I thought "what if there's a few escapees in there". Turns out I was right when I looked that one up. Sure it lowers the chances but the chance is still there.

I wonder if any of these kids have died from doing this yet. Or have gotten sick. Bleach is highly toxic. Seriously.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl3W5UaPliE[/MEDIA]

Shut up.

[quote name='BluesCluesMama']Your generation is the one that got high off of the condensed air in the cans of whipped cream for God sakes(resulting in it getting banned for a short time and nearly ruining my chance at sharing a childhood memory with my children of spraying the whipped cream into their mouths), and thats pretty damned sad. How can I NOT feel a little angry with your generation? I know there are a few good kids in your generation, but nowadays it's rare. I haven't seen very many. In fact, I can't remember the last time I've seen a good teen. And how can teenagers not know anything about sex beyond sex ed in highschool? Sex is everywhere. It's on TV, it's in the movies, it's in books(even the ones meant for teens)/magazines, etc.

Yeah it sucks that the system is not allowing them to teach them properly. And parents need to be doing their part as well. But bleach?! It says right on the bottle that IT IS NOT TO BE INGESTED! And I remember hearing about the Mountain Dew rumor when I was a teen myself. It's a very old rumor that it lowers your sperm count but it's not true. It's a myth. Know how I found that out? The internet. When I hear something and want to know if it's true or not, I look into it. That's being smart. Being stupid is jumping the gun and drinking poison and having sex without real protection and thinking some rather nasty tasting soda is going to keep you from knocking some chick up. And I was smart enough when I was a teen to know that the pull out method doesn't work either. Thats another myth teens buy into. I figured that one out all on my own because I actually looked and observed during foreplay(and just to put the question to rest before it gets asked I only ever did foreplay, never had sex til I was 18) that something comes out whether the guy gets off or not and I thought "what if there's a few escapees in there". Turns out I was right when I looked that one up. Sure it lowers the chances but the chance is still there.

I wonder if any of these kids have died from doing this yet. Or have gotten sick. Bleach is highly toxic. Seriously.[/quote]
I'm not going to bother to replying everything in here, but you are overlooking one major detail about the article. It never said that teenagers are doing it.

I look at this generation and it scares me. I don't ever want my children to grow up because I wonder what they will turn into if this generation is THIS bad. I walk down the street and I get a teenager throwing cigarettes at me and my kids. When I was pregnant, two teens screamed "Hey fatass, how much" out their window. Teen pregnancy is on the rise. STDs are also on the rise. And now this. Drugs are also a HUGE issue. I see my children as innocent and cute now but ten or fifteen years from now those big beautiful eyes could be sunken in from drug use, my daughter's cute little ticklish belly could be swollen with child, my son's mouth could be spewing with hateful language towards everyone around him as well as my daughter no matter what I do. I could be as good a mother as I can be but what it comes right down to is the teachers that teach them, the friends they make, and the people that are in their class that they may not necessarily be friends with. Not to mention what classes they have and what is being taught. This generation is fucked. I just hope my children won't be.

[quote name='BluesCluesMama']I look at this generation and it scares me. I don't ever want my children to grow up because I wonder what they will turn into if this generation is THIS bad. I walk down the street and I get a teenager throwing cigarettes at me and my kids. When I was pregnant, two teens screamed "Hey fatass, how much" out their window. Teen pregnancy is on the rise. STDs are also on the rise. And now this. Drugs are also a HUGE issue. I see my children as innocent and cute now but ten or fifteen years from now those big beautiful eyes could be sunken in from drug use, my daughter's cute little ticklish belly could be swollen with child, my son's mouth could be spewing with hateful language towards everyone around him as well as my daughter no matter what I do. I could be as good a mother as I can be but what it comes right down to is the teachers that teach them, the friends they make, and the people that are in their class that they may not necessarily be friends with. Not to mention what classes they have and what is being taught. This generation is fucked. I just hope my children won't be.[/QUOTE]

I like how you're already blaming everyone else for how you're kids are going to end up.

[quote name='naes']:applause: That's not me, but it's great to know that you have my YouTube profile.[/quote]

Its ya boy TheManaKnight's favorite video, son!

I'm sure thats not you.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I like how you're already blaming everyone else for how you're kids are going to end up.[/quote]

Well DER, it's never, never the parent's fault. That's just absurd.

This thread just proves that everyone, teenagers, children, adults, seniors, are all equally retarded.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Its ya boy TheManaKnight's favorite video, son!

I'm sure thats not you.
[/quote]
If you're wondering who it is, it's one of my friends videos. He had no clue how to upload YouTube videos for a while. His YouTube channel is here.

[quote name='naes']If you're wondering who it is, it's one of my friends videos. He had no clue how to upload YouTube videos for a while. His YouTube channel is here.[/quote]

Keep denying it, degenerate.

I've got some buddies and we all drink bleach
you know we practice what we preach
We're not a drunken bunch of frat boys drunk on beer
or a stoned bunch of hippies with no careers
I wanna drink bleach with a Georgia Peach

My pals and I all drink Clorox
or eat Snowy right out of the box
Teenage suicide rate shot high and we
understand the reason why
Bleach does more than whiten socks

Don't you wanna hang out with the bleach boys baby
in a land where ministers murder golf pros?
Don't you wanna drink some bleach tonight?

Maybe there'll be a party at the beach
We'll bitch about life and chug-a-lug bleach
No ones getting high and no one's getting drunk
we got a case off bleach stashed in the trunk.
I wanna die with clorox within reach.

I'm very proud of the respect I've earned
and my voice is very deep 'cause my throat got burned.
Bleach keeps you young so I've been told
'cause no one who drinks it lives to be old
Drink it with a chaser is the first thing I learned.

in a land where midgets run for mayor?

I had 26 friends in the beginning
but now it seems our numbers are thinning
Some people drive fast others love to bet
still others snort coke in a private jet.
But drinking bleach is my way of winning.

(solo)

I'm so bored I'm drinking bleach...

We real cool. We
Left school. We

Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We

Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We

Jazz June. We
Die soon.

So, who's fault is it? The shitty school system or the teenagers? Face it, people don't get more idiotic when time goes on. It just seems like it because, well, you're older. I find it very offensive when people say how bad my generation is because every previous generation says this about the next generation.[/QUOTE]

Wait... you're saying it's possibly the school system's fault that some kids saw drinking bleach as a solution?

There is no way you can educate anybody stupid enough to believe that.

[quote name='naes'] Face it, people don't get more idiotic when time goes on.[/quote]

Huh?! Huh!?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGuw09cHHz4[/media]

I NEVER had thoughts of doing something this stupid and to prove it I'm not fucked up like these two idiots... yeah.

[quote name='Chacrana']Wait... you're saying it's possibly the school system's fault that some kids saw drinking bleach as a solution?

There is no way you can educate anybody stupid enough to believe that.[/quote]
No one ever said that kids are drinking bleach.

[quote name='BluesCluesMama']Your generation is the one that got high off of the condensed air in the cans of whipped cream for God sakes(resulting in it getting banned for a short time and nearly ruining my chance at sharing a childhood memory with my children of spraying the whipped cream into their mouths), and thats pretty damned sad. How can I NOT feel a little angry with your generation? I know there are a few good kids in your generation, but nowadays it's rare. I haven't seen very many. In fact, I can't remember the last time I've seen a good teen. And how can teenagers not know anything about sex beyond sex ed in highschool? Sex is everywhere. It's on TV, it's in the movies, it's in books(even the ones meant for teens)/magazines, etc.

I wonder if any of these kids have died from doing this yet. Or have gotten sick. Bleach is highly toxic. Seriously.[/quote]

While I understand where your pessimism comes from, I really don't think your beliefs hold any weight.

You're looking at a very small minority of the younger population. Most know bleach is toxic, that mountain dew isn't a substitute for a condom, and that pulling out just doesn't work.

The media paints a very bleak picture of our generation. Scare stories sell though, and running the news is a business like any other. But that doesn't mean that all teenagers are whip cream huffing, bleach drinking, pull outers.

Past generations have been just as, if not more reckless than this current generation. From my understanding, the 1960s had record numbers of drug use, anonymous sex, and we see the beginnings of many modern gangs.

In the 1970s we had the cocaine epidemic, and in the 80s it was crack. Since the mid 90s though we've seen a steady drop in delinquent youth behavior.

[quote name='mykevermin']I've got some buddies and we all drink bleach
you know we practice what we preach
We're not a drunken bunch of frat boys drunk on beer
or a stoned bunch of hippies with no careers
I wanna drink bleach with a Georgia Peach

My pals and I all drink Clorox
or eat Snowy right out of the box
Teenage suicide rate shot high and we
understand the reason why
Bleach does more than whiten socks

in a land where ministers murder golf pros?

Maybe there'll be a party at the beach
We'll bitch about life and chug-a-lug bleach
No ones getting high and no one's getting drunk
we got a case off bleach stashed in the trunk.
I wanna die with clorox within reach.

I'm very proud of the respect I've earned
and my voice is very deep 'cause my throat got burned.
Bleach keeps you young so I've been told
'cause no one who drinks it lives to be old
Drink it with a chaser is the first thing I learned.

in a land where midgets run for mayor?

I had 26 friends in the beginning
but now it seems our numbers are thinning
Some people drive fast others love to bet
still others snort coke in a private jet.
But drinking bleach is my way of winning.

(solo)

I'm so bored I'm drinking bleach...[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Huh?! Huh!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGuw09cHHz4

I NEVER had thoughts of doing something this stupid and to prove it I'm not fucked up like these two idiots... yeah.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't prove anything. Like someone in the jumping failure thread mentioned, wearing yellow pants like that means that you deserve to be injured.

[quote name='Halo05']That doesn't prove anything. Like someone in the jumping failure thread mentioned, wearing yellow pants like that means that you deserve to be injured.[/quote]

It doesn't? I mean, when I was young I may have not actually known about physics and all but I was smart enough to know, picking your so-called friend up and then jumping off my roof wouldn't be a good idea. Not to mention just jumping from a roof in it's self. Also, I don't think any of my friend's would let me pick them up let alone throw both of us off a roof.

There was plenty of times when I was young I'd be high off the ground and think... Hmm, probably not a good idea to jump off here or that matter pick up my so-called friend and jump off here. yeahhhh...

As a member of "this" generation I agree that the failure to non failure ratio is strongly weighted towards the failure side. I think there is a genuine problem. Just looking at my high school of 1600 kids with a graduating class this year of about 550, I'd say about 35-40% of those kids are actually going to amount to something. The rest are just going to end up on welfare or digging ditches. Which I suppose isn't necessarily a bad thing because ditches are pretty important. However I worry about the future quality of our ditches.

Let's not forget that your generation funded and gave weapons to Osama bin Laden. So thanks for 9/11!

[quote name='Squall835']Let's not forget that your generation funded and gave weapons to Osama bin Laden. So thanks for 9/11![/QUOTE]

Government != generation.

I know they both start with a g, but still....

They taught abstinence in middle school and then the 10th grade teacher stretched a condom over her fist down to her elbow to demonstrate...umm something. I wouldn't mind if some of these local diseased whores drank some bleach...

[quote name='Squall835']Let's not forget that your generation funded and gave weapons to Osama bin Laden. So thanks for 9/11![/quote]

I was in highschool during 9/11. I'm only 24.

[quote name='BluesCluesMama']I was in highschool during 9/11. I'm only 24.[/quote]

If you're only 24, then you're part of the great bleach drinking, Mountain Dew shooting generation. Congratulations!

[quote name='Squall835']Let's not forget that your generation funded and gave weapons to Osama bin Laden. So thanks for 9/11![/QUOTE]

Well, since she said she was 24 you are WAY off. But, hell, if you are talking about the Mujahideen then that wasn't even my generation's responsibility (since it was early 80s-ish) - and I'm pushing 40! So I guess that barb was leveled at all the 50-60+ year olds in this forum. I'm sure all 2 of them felt the sting ;).

[quote name='Squall835']If you're only 24, then you're part of the great bleach drinking, Mountain Dew shooting generation. Congratulations![/QUOTE]

:lol:. From my perspective 24 isn't much different than being a teenager. It's pretty hard to put yourself in a different generation and condemn teenagers when you had been one just 5 years previously. As for my view on the whole thing, I've got a kid who will be a teenager in a scant year and a half and I haven't really noticed anything particularly bad about teenagers. Now society as a whole may be going down the tubes, but that's another subject ;).

I have to agree with io, things really haven't changed much. I am 35 BTW.

There really isn't much of a difference between generations. Kids did stupid shit when I was a teenager but you didn't hear much about it unless you knew someone who did it or knew the family. Now with the Internet Johnny in Bumfuk, North Dakota could have sex with a maggot and you would hear about it in hours because it gets plastered all over the place. If anything the Internet has just made things that were already happening 20 years ago more known.

Drugs and sex were just as rampant when I was a teen as they are today. The drugs of choice were coke and crystal meth.

[quote name='BluesCluesMama']I look at this generation and it scares me. I don't ever want my children to grow up because I wonder what they will turn into if this generation is THIS bad. I walk down the street and I get a teenager throwing cigarettes at me and my kids. When I was pregnant, two teens screamed "Hey fatass, how much" out their window. Teen pregnancy is on the rise. STDs are also on the rise. And now this. Drugs are also a HUGE issue. I see my children as innocent and cute now but ten or fifteen years from now those big beautiful eyes could be sunken in from drug use, my daughter's cute little ticklish belly could be swollen with child, my son's mouth could be spewing with hateful language towards everyone around him as well as my daughter no matter what I do. I could be as good a mother as I can be but what it comes right down to is the teachers that teach them, the friends they make, and the people that are in their class that they may not necessarily be friends with. Not to mention what classes they have and what is being taught. This generation is fucked. I just hope my children won't be.[/quote]
How old are your children?

It's not that this generation is dumber than previous ones, it's just that we get to see more of it because of the internet. There are so many teenagers that do stupid stuff and post it online. To me it seems that the entire world is getting dumber each year but that's what sells on TV and in the media.

I can't believe the OP is a year older than me and bitching about this.
And at least in my part of Florida, sex ed is not that bad. I'd blame the internet for the stupidity over a sex ed curriculum. It also depends on who teaches it. My father teaches anatomy and he is very open with the kids.
I'll admit I teach elementary school so the human growth and development is very basic. I don't participate in the curriculum either.
But to say teenagers are more idiotic is just ignorance. 5 years ago, teenagers were doing the same crap and mainly it was attention seeking behaviors. I've heard the mountain dew thing for years on the internet.
Teaching elementary school lets me preview the next generation... and from what I see... nothing different is coming from these kids then what came from the kids around me when I was a kid.

Wait...how'd this turn into a generational thing again? Pretty much everyone here is either Gen x or Gen y. Yet, we could be talking about Baby Boomers, or, I don't know, the Silent Generation. It boils down to, on the whole, teenagers are stupid.

I don't mean that all will drink bleach, just that, collectively, they're dumb. The thing is, that is just how they appear to those that are older. It's part of the maturing process, as a teen is struggling to assert themselves and learn who they are and what they can be.

Yeah, generalization is bad. I remember how pissed I would get during the heyday of Beavis and Butthead and the media using that as an example of everyone my age: "the Slackers." Then the information age came and we were the first to "get it" and suddenly there were a lot of millionaires under the age of 30. Even with the dot com bust, you stopped hearing all the negatives...or maybe the target sights had changed.

Feh, it just sucks to be a teen. Get over it and wait it out until it is your turn to bash the up and comers. And take solace in the fact that you aren't any dumber than those before you.

bread's done
Back