Oh no! GGT #37's dark past has come back to haunt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']I've contemplated it before but I already have enough invested in the ps3 to hold onto it.

Not making the same mistake next gen, and only going with one system.

Maybe Im off here, but the amount of exclusives this gen is significantly less than last gen. God of War/Uncharted vs Halo/Gears....and Skittles.[/QUOTE]

infamous vs crackdown
fable vs something?

Forza vs. GT

But overall I do think there are fewer reasons to own both. Although if something is on clearance on one system and not the other, you can benefit by having both. I don't think I'll buy both systems so early next gen (got my 360 in early '06, PS3 in mid '07) but I'll still probably wind up owning each console.

[quote name='seanr1221']I've contemplated it before but I already have enough invested in the ps3 to hold onto it.

Not making the same mistake next gen, and only going with one system.

Maybe Im off here, but the amount of exclusives this gen is significantly less than last gen. God of War/Uncharted vs Halo/Gears....and Skittles.[/QUOTE]

I am wanting to agree with this greatly. It's turned out to be a real PiTA owning all consoles and then trying to decide which platform to buy stuff on. I think you're right about there being less console exclusivity these days. The only big stuff that MS has exclusive that I can think of right now is Halo and Gears and I'm really only interested in Gears. Well, that and Cave shmups. Goddamn Sony, why don't you like shmups? :(

Edit: oh yeah, there's Fable. But I could live w/o Fable if I had to.

[quote name='seanr1221']Sell it and don't look back, Jim. Biggest mistake I made this gen was owning all three systems. Just isn't worth it like it used to be.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. I bought a :ps3: for :br: and easily transferrable PS1/2 game saves and I got a deal on mine. Then I found out the PS2 game I wanted saves for, Fire Pro Wrestling looked like crap on my 80GB and I ended up buying a standalone :hd:/:br: combo player.

The only benefit I saw of owning both systems outside of exclusives was clearances like Halo5.

After God of War 3, my :ps3: sat unused outside of d/l PSN games from my share group until the removal of the Other OS. I didn't see any :ps3: exclusives I cared about until Last Guardian, so I sold my :ps3:

Fable isn't a selling point for the 360.

:whistle2:|

that's why i own them temporarily. own one for a while, catch up on the exclusives, then sell it and put the money towards the other one, which has been through price drops on the system and games that have been building up.

also, convince your parents to get a wii and borrow it from them when metroid/mario/zelda games come out.

Yeah, I mean it kind of hit me today when the "Top 10 Rentals" at Blockbuster for each system were exactly the same, except that 360 had Crackdown & Alan Wake, while PS3 had God of War III and Lost Planet 2 (which is multi-platform, but no other recent exclusives).

I never, ever play my PS3. I play my Wii occasionally.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
I never, ever play my PS3.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a sizable :br: collection?

If so, buy a standalone non- internet connected Profile 1.1 :br: player for under $100

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yessir, I read it after I posted and fixed it right up by redownloading it. Thanks, Dist![/QUOTE]

Sexy.

[quote name='seanr1221']
Ok ok, so we have

Uncharted vs Gears
Killzone vs Halo
GT vs Forza
inFAMOUS vs Crackdown
God of War vs Alan Wake?
TMK vs Jer.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted vs Gears - Uncharted
Killzone vs Halo - Tie, I like both
GT vs Forza - GT
inFAMOUS vs Crackdown - Crackdown, because of Keys to the City
God of War vs Alan Wake? - God of War
TMK vs Jer. - lol wut?

What does MS counter for these? I can't think of any at the moment:

God of War vs
Ratchet and Clank vs
Resistance vs
Heavy Rain vs
Little Big Planet vs
Demon's Souls vs
Yakuza vs
Eye of Judgement vs
Motorstorm vs
SOCOM vs
Valkyria Chronicls vs

I'm not saying any of these PS3 titles are "better than" or even good, just curious...

[quote name='gunm']What does MS counter for these? I can't think of any at the moment:

God of War vs
Ratchet and Clank vs
Resistance vs
Heavy Rain vs
Little Big Planet vs
Demon's Souls vs
Yakuza vs
Eye of Judgement vs
Motorstorm vs
SOCOM vs
Valkyria Chronicls vs

I'm not saying any of these PS3 titles are "better than" or even good, just curious...[/QUOTE]

God of War vs Dante's Inferno or the new Castlevania
Ratchet and Clank vs ... I dunno
Resistance vs ... Can we use Halo again?
Heavy Rain vs Alan Wake
Little Big Planet vs ...?
Demon's Souls vs ...?
Yakuza vs ...?
Eye of Judgement vs Uno :lol:
Motorstorm vs Fuel?
SOCOM vs ... Halo once more?
Valkyria Chronicls vs ... *shrugs*

We can use 3rd party games, right?

I don't see how Heavy Rain and Alan Wake are even related other than the fact they both came out this year and are somewhat story heavy.

You bring up a good point, Gunm, but I feel like MS' mission this gen was to gain some of the major exclusives. Final Fantasy, Tekkenm Assassins Creed and GTA4 (simultaneous launch) all come to mind.

[quote name='seanr1221']You bring up a good point, Gunm, but I feel like MS' mission this gen was to gain some of the major exclusives. Final Fantasy, Tekkenm Assassins Creed and GTA4 (simultaneous launch) all come to mind.[/QUOTE]

Plus it's not like MS doesn't have some 360 games without a PS3 equivalent.

Dead Rising
Tales of Vesperia
Deadly Premonition
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Fable 2

I probably would take the PS3's exclusives over the 360's, but both have some good ones.

[quote name='ihadFG']I don't see how Heavy Rain and Alan Wake are even related other than the fact they both came out this year and are somewhat story heavy.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I compared them, lol. I had nothing else to compare Heavy Rain to.

[quote name='ihadFG']Plus it's not like MS doesn't have some 360 games without a PS3 equivalent.

Dead Rising
Tales of Vesperia
Deadly Premonition
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Fable 2

I probably would take the PS3's exclusives over the 360's, but both have some good ones.[/QUOTE]

Dead Rising - PS3 now has Dead Rising 2
Tales of Vesperia - Out on PS3 in Japan
Deadly Premonition - Out on PS3 in europe I believe
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 - Nadda
Lost Odyssey - Nadda
Mass Effect - Mass Effect 2 is now on PS3
Fable 2 - Nadda

Either import only or sequel only for some of the ones you mentioned, but uh... close enough?

Yeah you can play the exclusives game both ways. For what it's worth, XBL and XBLA shits all over PSN in my opinion. Plus I enjoy achievements way more than trophies (they always seemed like achievements lame little brother that just "had" to tag along.)

The big thing keeping me gaming on 360 is the accessibility of playing socially, and the fact that all my IRL friends have 360s and not PS3s.

Not trying to sound like a 360 fanboy with this post, if I came off that way. For reasons previously mentioned, I definitely think that having just one console is the way to go this gen and I am sticking with the 360. Bye bye, PS3. Hate to think about all the money I wasted on you.

MS's next gen system will lack BC except for Halo and Gears, you'll have to pay per play for your 360 Arcade games, will come with a 'next-gen' Kinect built in to try and reach the 'casual gamer'(but will still fail to get them) and it'll be bulit worse than the 360 and only have a 90 day warranty.

Sony's next gen system will start with BC, be a trojan horse for the NEXT Hollywood disc format(3D 6208p GreenVD), the controller will initially lack 2 analog nubs(but have a Move-dildo built in) and Sorny will mock 2 nubs as last gen until they relent and sell a new controller after 18 months, and a host of other neat things bulit-in. But after a few years, BC and all the other neat features will be removed via firmware updates in favor FaceTweetSquare check ins bulit in.

Gamestop was giving 200.00 for the PS3. Not sure if they still are.

And Manthing, they'll combine YouTube, Twitter and Facebook to create YouTwitFace.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']PC only next gen.
Join me.[/QUOTE]

Ok.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah you can play the exclusives game both ways. For what it's worth, XBL and XBLA shits all over PSN in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, XBL has more features and XBLA has more games.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice'] Plus I enjoy achievements way more than trophies (they always seemed like achievements lame little brother that just "had" to tag along.)[/QUOTE]

They are, but I enjoy seeing I earned a bronze trophy more than earning 5 points.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']The big thing keeping me gaming on 360 is the accessibility of playing socially, and the fact that all my IRL friends have 360s and not PS3s.[/QUOTE]

That's all that matters.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
Not trying to sound like a 360 fanboy with this post, if I came off that way[/QUOTE]

Ya did.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']For reasons previously mentioned, I definitely think that having just one console is the way to go this gen and I am sticking with the 360.[/QUOTE]

Considering almost every 3rd party dev is multiplatform now, I agree. Get the console that has the exclusives you want and the one your friends have. If they aren't one in the same, then that sucks for you.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Bye bye, PS3. Hate to think about all the money I wasted on you. [/QUOTE]

I've wasted my fair share of money on consoles too... but mine were replacements! :bomb:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice'] I definitely think that having just one console is the way to go this gen and I am sticking with the 360. Bye bye, PS3. .[/QUOTE]

For a lot of people that probably is true. For me though, I definitely don't regret owning all 3. The 360 is my main console, but my PS3 was worth it for just MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain, and Blu-ray/DVD upscaler (I watch a ton of movies). The other games are just bonuses. Plus when The Last Guardian comes out that justifies owning a PS3 by itself for me. And the Wii has gotten enough use from me to warrant the purchase.

Nothing makes me rage more than having a fun Bayonetta session and running into the motorcycle and after burner chapters. but at least the after burner chapter has the best fight in the game after...which makes me rage more that I can't skip to it!!

Without using the kilgore glitch, there is a serious fucking grind for items/costumes.

[quote name='ninja dog']Nothing makes me rage more than having a fun Bayonetta session and running into the motorcycle and after burner chapters. but at least the after burner chapter has the best fight in the game after...which makes me rage more that I can't skip to it!!

Without using the kilgore glitch, there is a serious fucking grind for items/costumes.[/QUOTE]

Kilgore glitch gone?
Or are you just doing legit?

I just got Kilgore... might be worth me getting some halos so I can buy 2 useful accesories... :\

[quote name='distgfx']Ok.

Pretty much, XBL has more features and XBLA has more games.

They are, but I enjoy seeing I earned a bronze trophy more than earning 5 points.

Considering almost every 3rd party dev is multiplatform now, I agree. Get the console that has the exclusives you want and the one your friends have. If they aren't one in the same, then that sucks for you.

[/QUOTE]

XBL for $30 a year vs. PSN for free? I'll take free, especially since I don't really play online against/with IRL friends.

Especially since a large majority of the d/l titles I want are multiplatform or PS3. I can't remember the last thing on XBLA I cared about that was XBLA only -- maybe the upcoming case zero?

For me it's no contest, but it comes down to which system you like better... the key difference between me and some of the other people around here? I'm not rabid. :D

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Kilgore glitch gone?
Or are you just doing legit?

I just got Kilgore... might be worth me getting some halos so I can buy 2 useful accesories... :\[/QUOTE]

Just playing legit. I haven't messed around much with any accessories other than the one that lets you parry and the one that puts enemies into devil trigger taunt rage. I want to buy some others. I stayed away from them because a lot of them use magic, but you always get tons of it, so I figured I'd try them.

I stick to a pretty tight set of weapons/moves-- mostly katana + kilgore and the occasional claws on hands + feet. I should branch out more!

tekken 6 is pretty fun, played that at fight night tonight.

Also remembered how awesome chun li is in Alpha 2. Unstoppable normals.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']XBL for $30 a year vs. PSN for free? I'll take free, especially since I don't really play online against/with IRL friends.[/QUOTE]

'Kay... but that wasn't really my point. I just said it had more features, I didn't say they were worth paying for.

Finished the solo campaign in Halo: ODST tonight. Enjoyed it a lot, definitely better than I was expecting from reviews and impressions etc. Stayed up way later than I intended to though!

[quote name='distgfx']'Kay... but that wasn't really my point. I just said it had more features, I didn't say they were worth paying for.[/QUOTE]

Do we have a running list of how many features are on XBL Gold but not PSN and vice versa? I say Gold because you don't really get anything with a Silver account except the ability to give Microsoft money for content (Games/DLC), Private Chat (2 people) and messages through XBL (not on xbox.com).

Just got the last achievement in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. I really don't like some of the challenges setup for that game, mainly the 'get to the end of the level in X minutes' since they ask you to be perfect. I hate it when they ask you to be perfect.

[quote name='The Crotch'] video

One of those guys you?[/QUOTE]

I just want to kick that caster in the teeth. He rambles like a moron.

I have been watching a lot of the casts of high level games, mostly HDStarcraft and Husky. Strange how I enjoy watching them as much as playing the game myself.

I took my PSP with me on vacation. I had a nice healthy dose of God Of War, Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron and Y's Seven.

I'd still rather play on a home console (a PC even moreso), but the PSP is nice fix for when you are away.

[quote name='ninja dog']Just playing legit. I haven't messed around much with any accessories other than the one that lets you parry and the one that puts enemies into devil trigger taunt rage. I want to buy some others. I stayed away from them because a lot of them use magic, but you always get tons of it, so I figured I'd try them.

I stick to a pretty tight set of weapons/moves-- mostly katana + kilgore and the occasional claws on hands + feet. I should branch out more![/QUOTE]

I always roll with katana.
I just got kilgore again, but until now, it's always been standard issue pistols or ice skates on the feets.

I finally bought out all the health upgrades and techniques from the store, but now I'm broke -- I definitely need the parry accessory, but that's 200k and I think I have less than 10k at the moment. :(

[quote name='dmaul1114']Finished the solo campaign in Halo: ODST tonight. Enjoyed it a lot, definitely better than I was expecting from reviews and impressions etc. Stayed up way later than I intended to though![/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge Halo fan, but I really enjoyed ODST. It's definitely my favorite in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back