Ok guys need some help building a cheap comp

Dragonsbane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Hey guys I am building a comp for my mom for her birth day and I need some help finding cheap parts (god that sounds bad considering its a birthday present.)

but any who I ll only need the basics

Case-

HD-

Motherboard-

RAM-

OS-(gonna assume OEM is the only way to go cheap so not really as big of a prob.)

DVD-rom CD-Rw drive-

Any help is appreciated guys.

Zipzoomfly.com. Best prices in the business. I've built many computers using parts from thier website. Most of them include free 2 day shipping, and no sales tax (PA).

Also try Newegg.com for items that might not be available at ZipZoomFly.

Happy Building!

If you plan on spending $500 or less, go for a pre-built like Dell. The case, power supply, and OS knocks off a minimum $150 right off the bat.

[quote name='jthieme']Get her something like this:

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail~dpno~7133450.asp

It's pretty hard to put something together equivalent yourself for less, especially considering you need to include the OS with it

I've bought a couple of HP refurbs for the wife and kids and haven't had any issues with them[/QUOTE]
Actually that looks pretty good, I did some looking around and that is better than what I could do.

if your building an economy pc don't. just buy a dell like mentioned above. It's only a savings to build a mid to high range pc.

cheers

The Intel 805 and 915 cpu's are a nice deal right now. They're low end Pentium D's, so you can get into a dual core for cheap.
Asus has a budget motherboard, I think the P5PE-VM that supports ddr400 ram and AGP, so it's a great upgrade board if you already have ram and a video card.

If you don't have RAM and a VC, then I'd look at a good ASUS or Gigabyte PCIE motherboard, but make sure it supports PCI-e 16x on the video channel, not 4x.

bread's done
Back