OK i'm getting a PSP

havoksend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I took advantage of that amazon 75 + 75 deal and I'm going to order a psp and I need you guys help.

I havnt had a portable gaming console since the orignal gameboy, and i'm pretty damn excited.

With games like FF: Dissidia and MG: Peace walker it seems like the perfect time, except they arn't out yet soooo I need to bide my time.

Thats where you guys come in, what are the awesome must have games for this thing? I know my first purchase will be FF: Crisis Core but after that I don't know where to go.

And is it true that PSN games for ps1 can be played on this thing?

Oh i'm getting a 2000 btw cause a friend told me it was better is that true? If not I can still get a 3000 at this point.

Thanks for the help.

It you like Metal Gear, Portable Ops and Portable Ops are must have. If you like RPGs get the 2 Star Ocean game

And is it true that PSN games for ps1 can be played on this thing?

Yes, simply connect your PSP to your PS3 via USB and you can transfer the game. I been playing Suikoden and Wild Arm 3 :)

Games recommendation:
RPG - Brave Story / Tales of Destiny / Crimson Gem Saga (I Haven't tried this yet, but great review everywhere)
Music/Rhythm - DJ Max Portable 1/2/Fever / Papaton 1/2
Online Co-op - Monster Hunter Portable / Dynasty Warrior Strikeforce
Strategy - Disgaea 1/2 (2 coming out in August) / Jeanne A'rc / Final Fantasy Tactic
Action: God of War / Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Fighting: King of Fighter 99 of PSN / Street Fighter Alpha
Shooter - Resitance: Retribution

Tales of Destiny? I used to have that on the orignal PS, I loved that game never got to beat it though thats going on the list, thanks for the reccomendations. Forgot there was a God of War game on there too. I'm guessing I shouldnt bother with MG Acid?

[quote name='62t']It you like Metal Gear, Portable Ops and Portable Ops are must have. If you like RPGs get the 2 Star Ocean game[/QUOTE]

yes..you must get BOTH of those!

[quote name='62t']It you like Metal Gear, Portable Ops and Portable Ops are must have. If you like RPGs get the 2 Star Ocean game[/QUOTE]
He means, Portable Ops and Portable Ops Plus.

I found a lot of PSP games try to do too much on too little. There's some great stuff you can do on it, but the one analog really ruins games like MGS, camera wise, but they're still fun to play.

Some other good games to try is Socom, Syphon Filter games, and Resistance.

No one ever says it anymore but I like Lumines, syphon filter games, puzzle quest, Daxter, Ridge Racer, also check out meta critics top scoring games.

Could we get a sticky thread where each person could recommend games for PSP? It seems like we get a new thread like this (or a should I get a PSP thread) every week.

Crimson Gem Saga is a must. I haven't played anything else on a portable since it came out. Also, I love being able to download games like Suikoden and Final Fantasy 7 from my PS3 to the PSP. Developers should have been doing this for their PSP games a long time ago with all the pirating of UMD games. Those memory cards seem so cheap now, and I like not having to carry around those little discs and having to change them out.

Yup I am sure I am grabbing suikoden and ff7 the day my psp comes in the mail. I tried to play ff7 awhile back on my 42 lcd, it just looked horrible though. How does it look on the psp?

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Yes, simply connect your PSP to your PS3 via USB and you can transfer the game. I been playing Suikoden and Wild Arm 3 :)

Games recommendation:
RPG - Brave Story / Tales of Destiny / Crimson Gem Saga (I Haven't tried this yet, but great review everywhere)
Music/Rhythm - DJ Max Portable 1/2/Fever / Papaton 1/2
Online Co-op - Monster Hunter Portable / Dynasty Warrior Strikeforce
Strategy - Disgaea 1/2 (2 coming out in August) / Jeanne A'rc / Final Fantasy Tactic
Action: God of War / Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Fighting: King of Fighter 99 of PSN / Street Fighter Alpha
Shooter - Resitance: Retribution[/QUOTE]

How about if you don't have a PS3?

[quote name='havoksend']Yup I am sure I am grabbing suikoden and ff7 the day my psp comes in the mail. I tried to play ff7 awhile back on my 42 lcd, it just looked horrible though. How does it look on the psp?[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat..looked horrid on my HDTV. Looks nice and sharp on the PSP.

[quote name='keithp']How about if you don't have a PS3?[/QUOTE]

I guess you can sign in playstation network on your PSP and purchase / download the game directly. I have never tried this method though, because it is a hassle for me to connect PSP to the internet since I dont have wireless connect

[quote name='havoksend'] I'm guessing I shouldn't bother with MG Acid?[/QUOTE]

I am currently playing Metal Gear Ac!d 2. The gameplay is more like a strategy RPG than anything else.

You collect cards to make a deck which is then dealt to you. Your turn consists of playing these cards during your turn to move, attack, equip armor/weapons, use items, etc.

If you do NOT like strategy RPGs you will probably NOT enjoy this game. I just happen to like both SRPGs and Metal Gear Solid, so for me it is a win-win.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']I guess you can sign in playstation network on your PSP and purchase / download the game directly. I have never tried this method though, because it is a hassle for me to connect PSP to the internet since I dont have wireless connect[/QUOTE]

With the latest firmware on your PSP you can download directly from the PlayStation Store. Otherwise you will need a PS3 or a PC with the free Sony Media Go software.

Man I can only find one copy of the Tales Of destiny Eu release on Ebay for 60 bucks. Might get it next paycheck though. Still alot

[quote name='havoksend']Man I can only find one copy of the Tales Of destiny Eu release on Ebay for 60 bucks. Might get it next paycheck though. Still alot[/QUOTE]

Check your local pawn shop / kijiji or even possibly craiglists

If you understand japanese, you can always import one from play-asia

or last solution: install cfw on your psp and download the game (discussion not allow on here, but you can google / youtube for more information)

Sweeet lucked out and found a Tales of Eternia Eu version on half.com this morning for 20 bucks including shipping grabbed that and Castlevania. I don't even have a system in hand yet and already have a backlog yay.

bread's done
Back