OK, it's gotta be that time again - post your collection pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Roufuss']Your collection is awesome, I bet you're put in a ton of time into every one of those games... I envy you. There's not one shitty game in that bunch either.

I'm working towards that goal though ;)[/quote]

Katamari Damacy is shit. :D

Its interesting looking at other peoples collections. You could probably have MVC2 alone and play that for a long time.

All my goods are in the link in my signature. Of course the pictures are over a year old so it's not really my current collection but whatev...

[quote name='scsg75']Here's my "Wall of Game":

Controllers and Portable Systems:

[/QUOTE]

wow are those shelves for your controllers custom made? i had to do a double take. my first impression was WOAH those are huge controllers!

On the size of the collection comments my guess is cagers trend into 1 or 2 categories. My guess would be there are the giant collectors who keep and collecti everything or maybe a single console, but for the most part they are probably in the minority. Overtime I think the majority of us on cag get to the point where we just have to many games and not the time to get quality playing time in from the cheapass deals and start to weed the collection down. The active trading community helps since I am sure the same game may pass around through several cags sometimes...

you guys with the massive collections, you ever have second thoughts about all the space it takes up? what about bringing random chicks over, i'd be embarrassed!

[quote name='Milkyman']you guys with the massive collections, you ever have second thoughts about all the space it takes up? what about bringing random chicks over, i'd be embarrassed![/QUOTE]

I don't really care about the space it takes up (yet), but with bringing over random chicks... yeah, it's not exactly something you wanna showcase immediately. Not exactly a good idea to have a bitch come over and then say "oh yeah, and I'm a complete fucking nerd."

[quote name='jimbodan']Here is most of my current gen stuff:

Not the best of pictures but hopefully you get the idea ;)[/quote]

Is that a Gameboy Advance "Controller Pad"?

[quote name='Milkyman']you guys with the massive collections, you ever have second thoughts about all the space it takes up? what about bringing random chicks over, i'd be embarrassed![/quote]The advantages of having a steady girlfriend for the past several years who I've slowly taught to love video games.

[quote name='Milkyman']you guys with the massive collections, you ever have second thoughts about all the space it takes up? what about bringing random chicks over, i'd be embarrassed![/QUOTE]

When I was dating, I kept a large majority of it in the walk-in closet with the door to it closed. I only kept the PS2 and GC out and a small number of games I was playing at the time.

I didnt have second thoughts about the space it took up, rather the large amount of money I have invested in stuff I havent played in years, or owned for years and never touched (80% of my DC collection).

Awesome thing is that right now I have over 1,000 dollars, and I've gotten some games that I'm already playing and loving with that money... not bad for selling a bunch of games that were untouched for 6 (!!!!!!!!!!!) years.

This is the only pic I have right now, and it's still "in development" so to speak:

Setup.jpg

The black cases under each system hold accessories and controllers pertinent to that system. So under the N64, there's a case full of controllers, memory cards, and cords. Under the Gamecube, there's Wavebirds, a Hori Digital Controller, tons of cables, etc. Above the Gamecube, the large box holds dance pads (for both Mario DDR and regular DDR) and the longer cases each hold 2 bongos each (total of 4). Also, in order to label them, I cut out cardboard prints from, say, Wavebird controller packaging - on the back there's a GC logo that says "Nintendo Gamecube" below it, so I can easily tell which cases belong where (which is especially useful if someone who doesn't know where my stuff is wants to play - it's all immediately searchable).

Around the TV, I have things like portable systems, what I call "power" supplies (battery charger + rechargeable batteries, power strips, extension cords, basically anything I could ever need to enhance gaming).

On the right side there is a mutli system changer that is remote controller activated, so I can access any game quickly.

On each shelf behind the systems, there's a surge protector power strip that supplies power and keeps all the cords neatly tucked away. So they are protected from any possible surges and still get power. Eventually I'm going to get a huge expensive one - I think Belkin makes these drool-worthy things that cost 400 or so on eBay, but glow with a nice blue light and can give you stats on how much power you are using.

There's 9 systems up, and I have saved space for future systems (Wii especially, but PS3 space is there). No Xbox room yet (explained later on).

Eventually I'm going to add another whole section to the left of the TV, and use it for three prime reasons: 1) MS consoles (Xbox, 360), 2) Storage (will have shelves devoted to the big box black cases that will hold all my games), and 3) DVD storage (same as games - in large black cases).

Also, while you can find stuff easily, I think what I'm going to do is find a touch screen/monitor cheap somewhere, and then put it on a shelf. That way, if someone wants to find something, I'm going to have it all inventoried on there. So if they want Office Space, they'll search for it on the screen, and that will tell them exactly which case to find it in.

At the very top, I have a variety of travel cases that house cords to a specific system. For example, I have 3 of those PSOne silver cases, and one of them has AV cords and wall and car charges for the PSOne. If I ever travel with a system, all I do is unhook it from where it is, load it in a case, and then add games/controllers. This way, I don't have to mess with constantly unplugging/unhooking cords that are in the back (even though I could easily remove them). In case you can't tell, I'm hugely OCD about my setup and organization, so I try to keep everything immediately accessible BUT clean and able to be transported easily.

As far as sound system goes, I have crap, but I'm going to dish out for something from Niro (www.niro1.com), which is essentially just a center speaker that, apparently, can replicate surround sound systems very well. Also, being just in the front, it has no messy wiring to deal with (I'm terribly anal about not seeing wires ANYWHERE).

On the table, you can see my DS and a large spool of cable tie. I'd break out examples of how obsessive I am on tieing cables up, but that is a level or nerd-dom I don't care to tread (just yet).

This is an older pic, I need to get a newer one. The latest has space for Guitar Hero (in its own personal shelf just above the tv).

I think the best thing about this setup is that it works so well to keep everything organized, but it keeps dust and bugs out. And again, I can move it around easily and quickly.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

That is very cool.. I'd get too distracted by everything else around the TV, though :lol: Nice television set, also.

Is that 4 Nintendo Gamecube's on the top?

[quote name='Roufuss']That is very cool.. I'd get too distracted by everything else around the TV, though :lol: Nice television set, also.

Is that 4 Nintendo Gamecube's on the top?[/QUOTE]

When you sit down on the couch, it's right at eye level, so it works well. I get more distracted by all the little lights blinking and stuff. :) Course it limits the TV size, but I'm not worried about that.

And those are bongo boxes up top. My GC box is somewhere in storage at my parents' (which I ought to find while I'm here I suppose).

I have to move out soon (within the next few weeks probably), but I'll set this thing up back here.

BTW, the storage unit is the IVAR system from Ikea, which lets you change all the shelf sizes dynamically and quickly. Which is why I said I'm going to "add another section." Ikea also supplied the black cases, which are pretty cheap. I need to go back and get a LOT more though. I'm thinking about 20 of each of the large ones and the long ones. The small ones are cool but I'd rather have the long ones, as they let me keep things like a Time Crisis PS2 reload pedal and Guncons, where as the smaller cases aren't really big enough for that sort of thing.

Also, since I've added stuff, I haven't had time to paint it, which is why some of the shelves are just wood brown instead of the nice deep blue.

Man... I'd take a picture, but that'd require cleaning my appartment. :lol:

I don't think I've posted a picture of my custom shelf though. :whistle2:k

I wonder where Sub is...

TSD owns more than probably everyone in the thread combined... or atleast he did.

[quote name='Strell']
BTW, the storage unit is the IVAR system from Ikea, which lets you change all the shelf sizes dynamically and quickly. Which is why I said I'm going to "add another section." Ikea also supplied the black cases, which are pretty cheap. I need to go back and get a LOT more though. I'm thinking about 20 of each of the large ones and the long ones. The small ones are cool but I'd rather have the long ones, as they let me keep things like a Time Crisis PS2 reload pedal and Guncons, where as the smaller cases aren't really big enough for that sort of thing.
[/QUOTE]
I'm definitely gonna have to look into some storage stuff at Ikea, whenever they finish building the one in Canton (I think it's supposed to open in the next month or two) - I would go to Pittsburgh, but I don't like driving enough to go on a four-hour round trip to go shopping. The new one is 5 minutes from my parents house so I can stop by on a weekend.

Unfortunately I don't really have the room for something like that, so my shelves will have to do. When I get a house, I will aim for something a lot more impressive, unless my wife-to-be starts limiting my game collecting.

:rofl:

APEX r teh ghetto! :lol: Actually, my 27" APEX was pretty nice. Yours is crap though. :lol:

[quote name='DT778']

endthread9ii.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='willardhaven']Is that a Gameboy Advance "Controller Pad"?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's the Hori Pad that was made to go with the Gameboy player. I wish I could comment on how it is but I've honestly never used it :oops:

[quote name='Kayden']:rofl:

APEX r teh ghetto! :lol: Actually, my 27" APEX was pretty nice. Yours is crap though. :lol:[/quote]
hell no, mines the shits. It even has svideo! Seriously, I have like the rolls royce of apex tvs.;)

[quote name='botticus']
Unfortunately I don't really have the room for something like that, so my shelves will have to do. When I get a house, I will aim for something a lot more impressive, unless my wife-to-be starts limiting my game collecting.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you can always tell her kids can use it. :)

[quote name='DT778']hell no, mines the shits. It even has svideo! Seriously, I have like the rolls royce of apex tvs.;)[/quote]

Oh... so you went with the round CRT to get style points! :lol:

[quote name='Strell']This is the only pic I have right now, and it's still "in development" so to speak:

Setup.jpg

The black cases under each system hold accessories and controllers pertinent to that system. So under the N64, there's a case full of controllers, memory cards, and cords. Under the Gamecube, there's Wavebirds, a Hori Digital Controller, tons of cables, etc. Above the Gamecube, the large box holds dance pads (for both Mario DDR and regular DDR) and the longer cases each hold 2 bongos each (total of 4). Also, in order to label them, I cut out cardboard prints from, say, Wavebird controller packaging - on the back there's a GC logo that says "Nintendo Gamecube" below it, so I can easily tell which cases belong where (which is especially useful if someone who doesn't know where my stuff is wants to play - it's all immediately searchable).

Around the TV, I have things like portable systems, what I call "power" supplies (battery charger + rechargeable batteries, power strips, extension cords, basically anything I could ever need to enhance gaming).

On the right side there is a mutli system changer that is remote controller activated, so I can access any game quickly.

On each shelf behind the systems, there's a surge protector power strip that supplies power and keeps all the cords neatly tucked away. So they are protected from any possible surges and still get power. Eventually I'm going to get a huge expensive one - I think Belkin makes these drool-worthy things that cost 400 or so on eBay, but glow with a nice blue light and can give you stats on how much power you are using.

There's 9 systems up, and I have saved space for future systems (Wii especially, but PS3 space is there). No Xbox room yet (explained later on).

Eventually I'm going to add another whole section to the left of the TV, and use it for three prime reasons: 1) MS consoles (Xbox, 360), 2) Storage (will have shelves devoted to the big box black cases that will hold all my games), and 3) DVD storage (same as games - in large black cases).

Also, while you can find stuff easily, I think what I'm going to do is find a touch screen/monitor cheap somewhere, and then put it on a shelf. That way, if someone wants to find something, I'm going to have it all inventoried on there. So if they want Office Space, they'll search for it on the screen, and that will tell them exactly which case to find it in.

At the very top, I have a variety of travel cases that house cords to a specific system. For example, I have 3 of those PSOne silver cases, and one of them has AV cords and wall and car charges for the PSOne. If I ever travel with a system, all I do is unhook it from where it is, load it in a case, and then add games/controllers. This way, I don't have to mess with constantly unplugging/unhooking cords that are in the back (even though I could easily remove them). In case you can't tell, I'm hugely OCD about my setup and organization, so I try to keep everything immediately accessible BUT clean and able to be transported easily.

As far as sound system goes, I have crap, but I'm going to dish out for something from Niro (www.niro1.com), which is essentially just a center speaker that, apparently, can replicate surround sound systems very well. Also, being just in the front, it has no messy wiring to deal with (I'm terribly anal about not seeing wires ANYWHERE).

On the table, you can see my DS and a large spool of cable tie. I'd break out examples of how obsessive I am on tieing cables up, but that is a level or nerd-dom I don't care to tread (just yet).

This is an older pic, I need to get a newer one. The latest has space for Guitar Hero (in its own personal shelf just above the tv).

I think the best thing about this setup is that it works so well to keep everything organized, but it keeps dust and bugs out. And again, I can move it around easily and quickly.

I hope you guys enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

This is what I've been looking for. I aspire to have something like this on a smaller scale.

RC

Wow Strell...I love how you have everything so organized....it's really awesome.

Ya think if I posted a pic of my entertainment center here you could give me a few pointers on how to organize it?

[quote name='Strell']Hey, you can always tell her kids can use it. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm already using that excuse for the GI Joes and Transformers and every other 80s toy that will be moving from my parents basement to my basement when I get one, so I'm unsure if it will be reusable.

Seanr, I'm sure lots of us could, so fire away. :)

[quote name='botticus']I'm already using that excuse for the GI Joes and Transformers and every other 80s toy that will be moving from my parents basement to my basement when I get one, so I'm unsure if it will be reusable.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. I think we need to collectively think up better tactics for the goodness of CAGs the world over.

[quote name='botticus']I'm already using that excuse for the GI Joes and Transformers and every other 80s toy that will be moving from my parents basement to my basement when I get one, so I'm unsure if it will be reusable.[/quote]

I would kill any child that touched those...

...Well, its not like I really need a reason, but others may. :lol:

[quote name='kaw']I that fan to keep the 360 from overheating?[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's probably to keep the tv from overheating.

J/k DT. :)

[quote name='Strell']Nah, it's probably to keep the tv from overheating falling over.

J/k DT. :)[/quote]

Fixded

Ok done.

A few things to remember. Because I'm 19, and won't have a place of my own 'till atleast my senior year of college, this is all in my parents basement. So I do have to share some space with them. This kind of limits me.

p61900077os.jpg

Here is the general TV area. The TV stand is old, and when my parents got it, I think it was actually a computer desk. The 360 and Gamecube fit nicely under the TV, and that drawer under the 360 holds controllers.

p61900039dq.jpg

There is is from a better angle

p61900048xk.jpg

Ok here is my new case to hold games/dvds. It is a bit empty right now, because I got one way bigger than what I needed so it was future proof'd

p61900063rg.jpg

This is off to the side. The 3 shelfs hold all my accessories...from the GameBoy Printer, to the Virtual Boy stand you can see popping out. There is also a DDR pad I combined with wood to prevent slipping on the floor. This is kind of shoved off to the side next to my mom/sisters stuff. Oh and obviously, it has my N64 games

p61900059jz.jpg

This is my lil entertainment stand. The only shelf my mom asked to use was the second, so I do get a good bit of it. As you can see the top one has my reciever, then a crappy DVD player, and the bottom shelf has NES games/NES/random stuff. This is the part of the set up I most want to change.

I'd like to do the following things.

- Make things more neat/organized
- Fit my Xbox/ Dreamcast/ DS Lite/ N64 and maybe even SNES/NES into things somehow.
- I might also buy an upscaler DVD player, making use of one of my HDMI ports.

So...suggest away!

[quote name='Kayden']Man... I'd take a picture, but that'd require cleaning my appartment. :lol:

I don't think I've posted a picture of my custom shelf though. :whistle2:k

I wonder where Sub is...

TSD owns more than probably everyone in the thread combined... or atleast he did.[/quote]

I was going to post his collection, but it was hosted on photobucket, and it's fucked up as of right now.

:rofl: You stole my tv!

Does your TV beep at you when you turn it off an on?
[quote name='seanr1221']
p61900039dq.jpg

[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']:rofl: You stole my tv!

Does your TV beep at you when you turn it off an on?[/QUOTE]

Yup, it makes that space age beeping :bouncy:

[quote name='ShimSham']
Games1.jpg

[/quote]
Is that some sort of limited edition or custom made sleeve for MGS: Twin Snakes for GC? I've never seen that white spine before, looks pretty cool.

Ok, first of all.. you'll notice my collection is everywhere. That's becase I haven't been able to find a good solution for storing my games, nothing that'll work in my room anyway.:whistle2:( Second, something's up with my cam.. it's nearly impossible to get it to focus so most of my pics are blurry.

With that out of the way, here's all of my collection... everything nice and complete!:)

All my DS, PSP and DC games here, also some GBA, XB, and PS2 games.

A good portion of my GC games and GBA games, there are two rows on the bottom right. The top shelf contions oversized items. The GBA games are sealed because I usually end up playing GBA games on my computer. I only open them when I need a game on the go.

A bunch of PS2 games out front and organized games in the cabinet are a combination of PS2/GC/XB games (all sealed, they're games I bought new which are now waiting for that day when I finally get to 'em:)).

The last of my GBA games, oversized PS1 games, and also in the back you can all my NES games, all of my GBC games, and my only GB game (I have more, but they're not complete and hence, not in the collection).

And finally, all my PS1 games... my pride and joy. Sorry about the little piller in the way,

There you have it.. all my games with the exception of Guitar Hero, Donkey Konga, and Ridge Racer Type 4 Collectors Edition w/ Jog Con-- those items are too big and are in my closet somewhere.

Reading these kinds of threads is always bittersweet for me; I love looking at them, but in the end, I'm just reminded how messy and disorganized I am.

This is only a small part of my collection...I have my Atari 2600/5200 and Intellivision all boxed up in my closet, but after seeing Strell's setup, it gives me some ideas on how to display it :applause:

I basically have all my games on/in a bookcase....so:

The top of my bookcase...whee.

The Gamecube/PS1/DS/GBA shelf (the GBA games are the ones in the DS cases without labels). I didn't have room for Ecko anywhere else...so heh.

The PS2 shelf...if you can't tell, it's mainly RPG's and RTS only. :)

The small gaming shelves...guides, and the two systems I play the most (I have a portable PS1 w/ screen if I want to take a PS1 RPG on the road).

Hopefully the next time one of these threads rolls around, I'll have something a bit more...pleasing to the eye.

[quote name='grendel19']Is that some sort of limited edition or custom made sleeve for MGS: Twin Snakes for GC? I've never seen that white spine before, looks pretty cool.[/quote]

It's a custom boxart I found, since the Twin Snakes NA boxart was horrid.

It's from N-Sider, the download link is below the thumbnail

Now, I don't think my gf is naked in any of these, but I have been fooled before.

This is my custom shelf, its actually hanging on a wall over my bed...

This is my entertainment stand. Fuzzy, but you can make out the high points.

No handheld pics because I'm not real sure where they are.

[quote name='Kayden']Now, I don't think my gf is naked in any of these, but I have been fooled before.
[/QUOTE]

If this isn't begging a GIANT ENEMY CRAB to show up, I don't know what is. ;)

Nice. WTH are those things you are using to store your controllers? That is awesome!
I found those at Fred Meyer (a store in the Pacific Northwest, kind of like Target, only with food too). Got them a couple years back to put the gameboy games and other older games on, but the collection quickly outgrew them, so I decided to use them for the controllers.

you guys with the massive collections, you ever have second thoughts about all the space it takes up? what about bringing random chicks over, i'd be embarrassed!
Nah, it's all in a seperate spare bedroom, so it doesn't really take up that much space overall in the house. I think my girlfriend I live with would be a bigger problem than the videogame collection if I brought home a random chick.

I would like to have mine the way you have it. That looks awesome. Where did you get the wall shelves?
Got them at Circuit City. Each one holds 14 DVDs or games a piece and they interlock together. Held onto the wall with acouple screws. $5.00 a piece. But it's nice because I can add on to it as the collection grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back