OK, it's gotta be that time again - post your collection pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Snake, your collection is AMAZING. How do you keep your 2 year old from entering Heaven and knocking over all of those games?

[quote name='Kendro']Wow Snake, your collection is AMAZING. How do you keep your 2 year old from entering Heaven and knocking over all of those games?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! As to how I keep them out,(when I can) I use a lock! It's crazy that you ask me that, a couple of hours I printed out a "No Girls Allowed" sign and put it on the door. The father-in-law was visiting the house not to long ago and said, "I should have thought of that years ago."

Oh, as a general recommendation for anyone looking to get stands, racksandstands.com has a really good selection. At the very least, it's a starting point for people who want to organize their shit.

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh, as a general recommendation for anyone looking to get stands, racksandstands.com has a really good selection. At the very least, it's a starting point for people who want to organize their shit.[/QUOTE]

Is that where you got that shelving that holds your PS2 stuff?

Looks slick.

Ok a sorta updated collection from last time. Nothing too fancy. Sorry for crapola quality. 4mp camera =/

My Reading Material
v1.jpg

My Portable video game rack.
v2.jpg

DS Collection Part 1
v3.jpg

Small GBA Collection
v4.jpg

And DS collection part 2 with some PSX games

PSP collection
v5.jpg

Mother and Child
v6.jpg

My yellowing SNES to my Pearly white Wii
v7.jpg

SNES collection
damnit, can't read the titles. I need a better camera.
v8.jpg

MicroCenter 32" Olevia HDTV I got on Black Friday. THANKS CAG!
v9.jpg

GCN collection
v10.jpg

Father and Son
With cheap surround sound cousin.
v11.jpg

Video Game Doodads
The neglected N64 is locked up in that black case
v12.jpg

AND my Backlog
v13.jpg

A better look. Backlogs, the gift and curse of CAG
v14.jpg

[quote name='asianxcore']Is that where you got that shelving that holds your PS2 stuff?

Looks slick.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's where I got my DVD shelves. I really have to step up to something bigger though since I'm afraid I'll run out of space by the end of next year... which would suck.

Oh, and a suggestion for people buying stands for consoles -- please don't buy the kind that are more of a frame than a stand. If you get something that's essentially a frame, then people can see the mess of wires behind your consoles and that definitely detracts from how the room looks overall.

Here's a few pics of my stuff:

Main Gaming Area:
Picture230.jpg

Wall Scrolls in the living room:
Picture227.jpg

Standies in eating area:
Picture231.jpg

Picture233.jpg

I'll put more pics up of my other stuff when I get them fixed up

Man, those wooden cabinets with the swing open door storage is sweet! I would love to get one of those to protect my rarer stuff from dust and thieves... but damn, they're expensive.

I should be able to post pictures of my stuff in a few weeks! It's ALMOST all set up. Just need to organize the DVDs and build a bookcase for the games.

Guys, if you have photobucket there is no reason not to post thumbnails. We want to keep threads like this open and free of moderation.

Thanks.

For those really looking for tips on organizing their video game shit, I suggest racketboy.com. Some really good articles on organizing video game stuff and advice on shelving systems.

will post more pictures if any one cares:
dcfn0007og7.jpg

TV is I think a 55 incher, 360 and ps2 are hooked up through component, rest are through composite (need to get s-video hookups).
dcfn0008qm3.jpg

MLB 06 the show is what my brother plays not me.
dcfn0009vl1.jpg

Left Shelf front top to bottom:
1st Shelf: N64, Genesis Games
2nd Shelf: SNES Games, Tekken longbox (PS1), and many many demos for PS2/XBOX
3rd Shelf: Boxed Genesis Games, Network disc for PS2, dreamcast and ps1 games, snes gameboy palyer, and 2 sealed "used" games for N64 (got them for free)
4th Shelf: PS2 Games
5th Shelf: PS2, XBOX Games
6th Shelf: XBOX 360 Games

Right Shelf:
Consists of DVD Boxsets. roughly 60 DVD's, some aren't there, and my PC game boxes. Bag below this is used for transporting gaming goods.

oh and if your wondering wheres my halo 1 in that xbox collection its in the bag you can see because SOME PEOPLE STILL PLAY IT!

Well, I'm done constructing my game display rack.

Here is the basic frame I put together yesterday. I was getting ready to space the shelving.

Here is the method I used to space the shelves: DVDs, games and cardboard!

And finally, the semi-final product.

It stands a little over 7 feet tall and holds 360 regular DVD cases. All that is left is sanding, filling in the wood with putty, sanding again, priming, painting, and mounting the top part to the wall. Cost so far? $25. And that includes tax.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Guys, if you have photobucket there is no reason not to post thumbnails. We want to keep threads like this open and free of moderation.

Thanks.[/quote]

If the pictures are linked to another site - there shouldn't be any bandwidth hit to CAG. Big pictures is just an etiquette thing. For a thread like this, it shouldn't matter.

[quote name='Dkellar']Well, I'm done constructing my game display rack.

Here is the basic frame I put together yesterday. I was getting ready to space the shelving.

Here is the method I used to space the shelves: DVDs, games and cardboard!

And finally, the semi-final product.

It stands a little over 7 feet tall and holds 360 regular DVD cases. All that is left is sanding, filling in the wood with putty, sanding again, priming, painting, and mounting the top part to the wall. Cost so far? $25. And that includes tax.[/quote]

man that's awesome, i need to do something like that, but i don't think i have enough room. good stuff though.

[quote name='Dkellar']
It stands a little over 7 feet tall and holds 360 regular DVD cases. All that is left is sanding, filling in the wood with putty, sanding again, priming, painting, and mounting the top part to the wall. Cost so far? $25. And that includes tax.[/quote]

Pretty snazzy. If i had the know-how i might do that. For now, IKEA 'As-is' billy shelves work for me. Not every shelf is perfect sizing for DVDs - some shevles I have to stack one DVD on top of each other to use up all the space. But for $40, space for 400 DVDs and no labor , I can deal.

[quote name='CaptainCarnage']man that's awesome, i need to do something like that, but i don't think i have enough room. good stuff though.[/QUOTE]

Well, one main reason for building it was because I have little wall space here in the living room area for another large bookcase/dvd rack/whatever. So I decided to measure the wall behind the shelving and base the dimensions on that. I wanted it to be 2 feet wide and 7 feet tall. It ended up being like 22 or 23 inches wide and a little over 7 feet. The hardest and longest part was spacing the shelves. The spacing is not perfect but I'm happy that all the shelves are pretty level.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Pretty snazzy. If i had the know-how i might do that. For now, IKEA 'As-is' billy shelves work for me. Not every shelf is perfect sizing for DVDs - some shevles I have to stack one DVD on top of each other to use up all the space. But for $40, space for 400 DVDs and no labor , I can deal.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't that difficult to build. If I had a proper work area it would of been much easier and faster then again, I tried to rush and ended up screwing up a few times which in turn took me even longer to finish. Just need to make it damn near perfect with the putty/sanding. I need to hide my various errors!

Edit: Unfortunately, all the shelves are fixed. I originally only had two fixed and tried to make the others adjustable but could not get it to work out right. I just don't have the tools to make sure that the holes for the pegs to hold the shelves would be aligned correctly. Luckily I had an extra shelf and tested it, turned out horrible.

[quote name='Pookymeister']If the pictures are linked to another site - there shouldn't be any bandwidth hit to CAG. Big pictures is just an etiquette thing. For a thread like this, it shouldn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Threads with large pictures get moderated all the time. Doesn't matter where they are posted, the powers that be prefer thumbnails be used. It is an etiquette thing.

[quote name='Lizard Axe']You sure that Dreamcast is getting enough air? It looks like the fan vent on the side is blocked.[/QUOTE]
honestly i don't play it that much but when i do I have to pull it out (same for the n64) and lay it on the ground infront of the tv because the controller cords are too short.

Most impressive collections guys. Some of you have collections id kill for, and my own collection is halfway decent. Speaking of collections ill post my own later, fiancee left our camera at her moms house so it might take a week or more ;(

Heh not that my collection will look that exciting, since my fiancee moved in about 500+ of my 600ish games have went into my basement!

Sup Niggers? Dis is my dumb azz collection:

My 20" Magnavox LCD TV
picture011bk6.jpg

Xbox 360
picture014yu2.jpg

Playstation 2 (NOT PICTURED: SOCOM COMBINED ASSAULT)
picture015ja5.jpg

PSP
picture016dl8.jpg

Gameboy
picture012hd6.jpg

I also have a N64, Xbox, Apache' Helecloper, & Genesis.

Ebony and Ivory: Living together in perfect harmony.
picture013sx9.jpg

And my precious baby boo.
picture018mp1.jpg

Think Different, Bitches.

We finally found our camera, but who knows when new pictures might come about.

Keep up the good work, and can't wait until I can get some pics of the 360.

One question: In my entertainment center, I have to store my games behind my movies. I had room to elevate them behind them, but am having trouble thinking of something lightweight and easy to work with to create a 'stair.' Ideas? I thought of balsa wood, but dunno.

After recently finding this site, and I have no clue why it took so long to be honest, I gained interest in going through the closet and seeing what I stuck in there so long ago. I've taken some of the stuff out, but I know there is a ton more in there. Here are tonights finds...

I never even had a Game Boy until the Color one came out, probably because I played these TWO games all the time on this system. It pains me now that I did not pick up more games on the Game Gear...
351396635_54869ebfdd.jpg

A few of the old NES games I found. My mom was the Dr. Mario queen. She was untouchable on that game. And Bubble Bobble, I remember beating it with her when I was in grade school!
351396629_5b3d74b4b1.jpg

A stack of Super Nintendo games, my favorite, maybe of all time, Earthbound was found tonight. I don't care what you say, nothing will ever be that clever again! And look close, there it is... "Roster Update '95" I'm such a goober, when the NFL2K series came out I got it every year until they stopped making them.
351396628_cc9e6a8808.jpg

Ahh, the first that was mine. My brother had an Atari, but the Nintendo was my first system. Also. check the old multi-player add-on for the NES. You had to have that thing lined up perfectly. I have no clue why they didn't just make it bluetooth? :whistle2:k
351396627_c0ed5cec59.jpg

I've got a ton of Dreamcast games, and I was stupid and traded in my old PlayStation games because "Once the PS2 version is out, I'll never need these again!" Can't believe I did that to Wipeout.

Reorganized my GBA collection and figured it was worth a pic...

GBACollection1.jpg

Almost finished with just a few older games (Doom I & II, DKC3. Mario Tennis and Virtual Kasparov) and the last batch of good stuff recently released (FF V, Super Robot Taisen 1 & 2, Summon Night 1 & 2, JLH: The Flash and Yggdra Union) to track down.

If anyone knows any great titles I'm missing/overlooked, feel free to give me a heads up - always ready to feed the habit some more.

I will post pics of my newly cleaned and organized collection soon! It's not as good as most of yours, but I do enjoy it quite a bit.

Thats a sweet collection. Im jealous of all the boxes and manuals for those gba games. Do you have loose cart games too, or do you only get completed games? Most of my GBA collection is cart only, but with my DS games, I will only be adding complete games to my collection.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Reorganized my GBA collection and figured it was worth a pic...

GBACollection1.jpg

Almost finished with just a few older games (Doom I & II, DKC3. Mario Tennis and Virtual Kasparov) and the last batch of good stuff recently released (FF V, Super Robot Taisen 1 & 2, Summon Night 1 & 2, JLH: The Flash and Yggdra Union) to track down.

If anyone knows any great titles I'm missing/overlooked, feel free to give me a heads up - always ready to feed the habit some more.[/quote]

I have seen others show off their gaming setup, their collection etc and i have always enjoy them so i decided to show mines off , my account is new and my gamerscore is low so yeah i won't be bragging about that anytime soon , if anyones wants to add me just send me a request !

my mom jus had more crazy ideas and I had to switch my desk out.

the idea was cool, but the execution... not so cool!

DSC00293.jpg

the computer monitor is too high, I have to adjust my chair height whether I want to type or not.

and the table shakes when I use the joystick, which doesnt feel very safe...

[quote name='Puffa469']Thats a sweet collection. Im jealous of all the boxes and manuals for those gba games. Do you have loose cart games too, or do you only get completed games? Most of my GBA collection is cart only, but with my DS games, I will only be adding complete games to my collection.[/QUOTE]

Even though it ended up being a real PITA, especially with older games (I started collecting GBA games at the start of 2005), I stuck to getting only complete GBA titles and am glad with how it turned out.

The only loose cart game I have is Crystalis for the GBC - I heard good things about it and found it cheap at GameCrazy but I'm sure I come across a complete copy one of these days.

I can't get around this one problem I'm having: I want to display my games out in the open, but no matter what I do, stacking hundreds of the same DVD-size boxes next to eachother always ends up looking kinda gross and overpowering. I have a lot of memorobilia and a large room, but the games are always so packed and in such number that the eye is always drawn to them - and they aren't nearly as cool looking as the rest of the collection!

I've looked at a lot of the collections in this thread, but many seem to have the same problem. The best collections I've seen tend to use fairly skinny shelving to add some whitespace between the collection. Does anyone else have an even better idea? Or is this a "problem" that only I am seeing? :p

makingdougjealous.jpg

If you look to the left, you can see the DVD tower, with all of 20 whole games in it. That's all I own, I sold anything worth any kind of value at all when I moved into my own place, and I only rent games now instead of buying. That's why I still have games like NCAA College Basketball 2K3 and All Star Baseball 2004, they are too worthless for me to get rid of. But, I'll NEVER part with my copy of Super Bust a Move 2!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Ill post picks of mine once I move... the problem is that half my collection is temporarily going to be in the Netherlands by the time that comes around.[/QUOTE]

wha? your collection goes on tour?

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Reorganized my GBA collection and figured it was worth a pic...

GBACollection1.jpg

If anyone knows any great titles I'm missing/overlooked, feel free to give me a heads up - always ready to feed the habit some more.[/quote]JESUS!! you have way too many gba games... care to share? :lol:

New apt and new tv :bouncy:

Just realized all my NES, GC and Xbox games are all hidden behind that ugly fucking chair.

[quote name='Kayden']New apt and new tv :bouncy:

Just realized all my (S)NES, GC and Xbox games are all hidden behind that ugly fucking chair.[/QUOTE]

R.I.P TV squished into tiny entertainment center :cry:

[quote name='seanr1221']R.I.P TV squished into tiny entertainment center :cry:[/quote]

:lol:

That entertainment system collapsed while putting it back together. That TV is now on my dresser in the bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back