Ok just got a ps2

XMastaCrackaX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
ok i never had a ps2 before and didnt have enough $ for a ps3 so i got one for christmas. What are good games so far i have the GTA series, the Kingdom Hearts Series, RE4, and the DMC collectors set, some MoH games and Fantavision.

What are other good games i liked ff3 on my ds so maybe the ff games would be good not sure though. And the MGS series is not my type so rule that out.

Any tips/recommendations?

I like every genre of games so im open to anything.

And im looking for a racing game other than a GT , whats good,?

[quote name='LarryGe']best racing series IMO: BURRRRNOUT!!!!![/quote]

If you have other consoles, Burnout would be better severed there. The load times are painful. Plus, you can have custom soundtracks with the Xbox versions. Burnout is still enjoyable on the PS2. Don't get me wrong. :)

I say Rez and Gitaroo Man if you're into music games. Then there's Guitar Hero...

The Shin Megami Tensi game are a good time too.

Tales of the Abyss is an awesome RPG. The graphics are a bit plain, but the gameplay is really fun.

The Ratchet series and Jak series are pretty good, too.

Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are great if you like unique games. Neither is very long, though.

Guitar Hero, Metal Gear, FFX, Dance Dance Revolution, Street Fighter Anthology, Okami, Godhand, Katamari Damacy, Resident Evil 4, God of War, etc. It'll be a long time before any of the other consoles come up with anything close to PS2's library.

Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, and 10 would all be great choices if you liked 3. 12 is good too, but IMO not in the league of those other games. (Plus the Final Fantasy Collections are still available too with FF1&2, 4, 5, 6, and Chrono Trigger).

Some other ones no one's mentioned: Shadow of Destiny is an incredible adventure game (basically trying to prevent your own murder). The Metal Gear Solid games are good (2 has a really weird plot).

If you're looking for racing games then consider getting SSX 3. I'm not a sports fan but it was one of the most fun games I've ever played. I know it's available for all consoles but the game is really designed with the PS2 controller in mind.

Well...I'll just post my small collection of PS2 games

Capcom VS SNK 2
Dance Dance Revolution Max 2, Extreme 2
Final Fantasy X, X-2
Gran Turismo 4
King of Fighters 00/01/02/03
Kingdom Hearts I
Kingdom Hearts 2
Marvel VS Capcom 2
Okami
Resident Evil 4
Sega Genesis Collection
Soul Calibur 3
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Virtua Fighter 4
Xenosaga Episode I, II, III

I'd have more RPG's, but Xenosaga makes it hard for me to like anything else...

If you liked FFIII, you'll love the PS incarnations of the series. Definitely check out FFX and FFXII. I also can't recommend Okami and Shadow of the Colossus highly enough...great games.

Every Final Fantasy after III/VI is overrated. But hey, you can get Dragon Quest VIII. That game is great.

Not exactly "racing" racing, but The Simpsons Hit & Run should find a place in your game library.

How's about Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit? Whatever you get for driving, consider a Driving Force Pro wheel (Logitech) for enhanced play. Better feel and dynamics.

Throw in Karaoke Revolution Party while you're at it for something different.

Wow... someone just getting a PS2 now really has enough AAA games to last until the PS4 comes out. I'm almost jealous that you have so many awesome games yet to play...

Okami
Shadow of the Colossus
Bully
Metal Gear Solid (series)
Ratchet & Clank (series)
Resident Evil 4
God of War
SSX (series)
Guitar Hero (series)
Hot Shots Golf (series)

and this is just for starters... Have fun!!

[quote name='Hibiwa']Not exactly "racing" racing, but The Simpsons Hit & Run should find a place in your game library.

How's about Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit? Whatever you get for driving, consider a Driving Force Pro wheel (Logitech) for enhanced play. Better feel and dynamics.

Throw in Karaoke Revolution Party while you're at it for something different.[/quote]
meh i think if i'll get a steering wheel it would be the new wireless one for my 360 when forza 2 comes out. but anyways Thank you guys for giving some tips and i look forward to relive the ps2 era.

-Final Fanasty X and XII
-Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II
-Jak and Daxter Precursor legacy, Jak II, Jak 3
-Ratchet and Clank, Ratchet and Clank Going Commando, Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal
-God of War, God of War II
-Bully
-Okami
-Shadow of the Collosus

Thats what I can come up within my head.

Disgaea, the Socoms, Tony Hawks, Splinter Cells, Beyond Good and Evil, Katamari Damarcy, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria....

Some more titles you might want to consider...

[quote name='javeryh']Wow... someone just getting a PS2 now really has enough AAA games to last until the PS4 comes out. I'm almost jealous that you have so many awesome games yet to play...[/QUOTE]

I just got a PS2 about a year ago and I'm in the same boat. My gaming system of choice is the Computer and I usually pick up a last generation console right about when the new ones are coming out. It's quite nice having a huge selection of AAA titles to play and not having to wait for them to come out. Right now I'm playing through Resident Evil 4 which is a blast. Just beat Black which I wasn't really impressed with, because FEAR's guns are so good that blacks seem weak.

[quote name='WebScud']If you have other consoles, Burnout would be better severed there. The load times are painful. Plus, you can have custom soundtracks with the Xbox versions. Burnout is still enjoyable on the PS2. Don't get me wrong. :)

I say Rez and Gitaroo Man if you're into music games. Then there's Guitar Hero...

The Shin Megami Tensi game are a good time too.[/quote]

Thats not fair to tell him to get Rez, thats like an $80 on ebay.

hot shots golf fore is a pretty fun game. it's nice to play when you just wanna unwind and play a relaxing game.

oh, also ssx tricky. this game is very cheap now, but it seems like the best ssx snowboarding game ever...

Shadow of the Collossus
Final Fantasy X
Alien Hominid
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Guilty Gear X2 or Slash if you want to mod your brand new PS2
Virtua Fighter 4: Evo

Do you have an Xbox or Gamecube? That'll help with more recommendations.

[quote name='depascal22']Shadow of the Collossus
Final Fantasy X
Alien Hominid
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Guilty Gear X2 or Slash if you want to mod your brand new PS2
Virtua Fighter 4: Evo

Do you have an Xbox or Gamecube? That'll help with more recommendations.[/quote]
Yea i have an xbox and a 360 and a ds.

[quote name='XMastaCrackaX']Yea i have an xbox and a 360 and a ds.[/quote]

So you've been able to play the multi platform games and we can just concentrate on exclusives......

Here's some more:

Ico
Disgaea
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Ring of Red
Devil May Cry 1 & 3
Onimusha series
Metal Gear Solid series

Let's not forget about the classic Playstation "PS1" games...which can be found at Ebgames on sale for B1G1. I finally found a store around me that still has some in stock and they had a lot too. (after the store at my mall had zero PS1 games)

Any suggestions?

Here is what I have...which are by no means the must have's, just my favorites.
Polaris Snocross
Jeremy Mcgrath 98
Street Fighter Alph II
Super Puzzle Fighter
Dave Mirra BMX
Bubble Bobble

Can anyone recommend some "must have" original Playstation (PS1) games?

I'd love to find Parasite Eve and PEII, but they are getting scarce. The original Resident Evil series was pretty cool too. And of course there is Castelvania: SOTN.

Yeah, here are some great ones:

-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (best Metroid style game ever, and still gorgeous)
-Tomba 2
-Resident Evil
-Resident Evil 2
-Resident Evil 3 (these are still great games)
-Parasite Eve 2 (another great survival horror game)
-Dino Crisis 2-more action oriented which is a nice twist
-Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, and the Final Fantasy collections (ie 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, Chrono Cross)
-Board Game Top Shop-nifty Monopoly clone that was just $10 new (back when game prices weren't insane)
-Metal Gear Solid-2 is weirder. 3 is just terrible, but the original is still great.

Probably forgetting tons

-Skip previous resident evils and go straight for RE4, then play your way back
-FFX should be you starter rpg because it is newbie friendly
-MGS2 and 3 were pretty damn good, none of them are "horrible"

keep in mind old ps1 games have horrible horrible graphics, especially on todays' giant hd tv.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']-Skip previous resident evils and go straight for RE4, then play your way back
-FFX should be you starter rpg because it is newbie friendly
-MGS2 and 3 were pretty damn good, none of them are "horrible"

keep in mind old ps1 games have horrible horrible graphics, especially on todays' giant hd tv.[/QUOTE]

Not all of them. I was playing Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold and Symphony of the Night on my HDTV a couple of weeks back, and they still look great. Haven't played any others yet on my HDTV (just got it at the end of October).

bread's done
Back