ok lemme try again looking for a DDR DANCE PAD AND GAME FOR PS2

Nirvanaguy777

CAGiversary!
Im looking for a cheap but good DDR DANCE PAD- either the octane or one extremely similar and a ps2 DDR GAME, or a cheapass price, aid me fellow gamers.

oh im sorry i didnt realie this site was called expensive gamer, i want a cheap dance mat that works well enough for me to dance on it and not fall over and break my head, fuck.

I have an ignition pad that's still new... I still haven't put in the foam inserts into it yet... PM me for trade but it's a bit pricey because of shipping is a pain in the ass and expensive for an item that big

just get the 20 dollar mat

they work well

and dont get DDRMAX
get DDRMAX2 much better a better mix indeed

your best bet is to buy redoctane pads and then modding them. mod instructions are all over the web.

otherwise, be prepared to shell out approx $200 each for the best high quality long lasting pads

Forget those pads and go with this:
http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/44/VG-DDR-ULTDX/

I've got two of them and they've been going strong for months. Most of the user reviews I've read online have said these were the same as the RedOctane pads, but half the price.

As for the ones you listed, I have two of the pad on the bottom. It's okay I guess, but I'd probably rate it a 5 compared to the BnS pad.

First off, I recommend that you wait for DDR Extreme instead of getting one of the maxes. Extreme's songlist is much better than the others'.

Second, you're going to need a pad much better than those for hardcore play. If it's only going to be casual play (like up to 7 foot maybe), then those will suffice. That's my general experience with soft, thin pads, but I haven't tried all of them.

guys guys your not understanding me, i dont wanna pay more than 30 bucks for a dance pad, I just want a dance pad that not slip or bunch up or anything like that, im not going too be doing any extreme dancing on it either, just casual dancing every now and then

[quote name='CaseyRyback']why not just spend the 60 and get the Konami pad and DDR Extreme[/quote]

uhhhhh dunno, a link would be highly appreciated

[quote name='Smell']just get the 20 dollar mat

they work well

and dont get DDRMAX
get DDRMAX2 much better a better mix indeed[/quote]

I highly disagree. Max is by far the better game than Max 2.

yea but what controller do they give you, no screenshot, no nothing, that controller could be not non-stick and i could break my head open

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']oh im sorry i didnt realie this site was called expensive gamer, i want a cheap dance mat that works well enough for me to dance on it and not fall over and break my head, shaq-fu.[/quote]

What's up with the attitude? People are trying to help you and you are being a sarcastic ass.

Anyway, if you want cheap dance pads, check these out:

PlayStation 2 Dance Pad Revolution - $14.99
PlayStation 2 Beat Pad - $13.99

Note that you get what you pay for.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']yea but what controller do they give you, no screenshot, no nothing[/quote]

They dont give you a controller, they give you a dance pad :shock:

[quote name='BasketCase1080'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']yea but what controller do they give you, no screenshot, no nothing[/quote]

They dont give you a controller, they give you a dance pad :shock:[/quote]

I think he just meant what type of dance pad.... at least I hope that's what he meant.

I have to agree that you're being an ass. This isn't BB we don't get paid to deal with you. Anyway to be on topic you say that you want a cheap pad for casual play. Well even the $15 ones aren't worthy enough for my dog to piss on. I'd suggest getting either 40ish pad listed on page 1. I also suggest renting the DDR games to see if you like them. You might not be able to find them for rent. I've been lucky enough to though. Go to GameFAQ.com and look up the reviews that should help ya. One last thing....

DDR isn't cheap to play @ home.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']oh im sorry i didnt realie this site was called expensive gamer, i want a cheap dance mat that works well enough for me to dance on it and not fall over and break my head, shaq-fu.[/quote]

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']ANYONE, ANY ADVICE, HELLO!!!!!!!!![/quote]

geez, for a CAG veteran, you have a bad attitude. especially since no one was being a smartass to you in the first place.

anyhow, i bought some cheap $20 ones at gamestop and they work just fine. they've never "bunched" or "slipped" on me before. here's a link:

:x HERE'S A CHEAPASS DANCE PAD FOR YA! :!: :!: :idea:

for non hardcore dance peeps, this should be just fine.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']yea but what controller do they give you, no screenshot, no nothing, that controller could be not non-stick and i could break my head open[/quote]

The one in the bundle has a grip, non stick bottom. Konami really improved their pad from a few years ago from their DDR USA home pad.

That's really your best option if you want a cheap pad that isn't a piece of junk.

Plus, Extreme is looking to be a great game so far, so for $59.99, you are getting a good pad with a new release DDR game.

All those cheap pads at Best Buy or the one you linked to bundled with Max at BuyNShop are thin and flmisy and they bunch up and slide around on the floor.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']
DDR isn't cheap to play @ home. [/quote]

I agree with the statement. I don't even want to think how much I have spent on DDR and other Bemani games.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']yea but what controller do they give you, no screenshot, no nothing, that controller could be not non-stick and i could break my head open[/quote]

If you don't want to slip and die, then get a good pad. Sorry, but you can't get one for under $30. The cheapest is around $50.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='BasketCase1080'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']yea but what controller do they give you, no screenshot, no nothing[/quote]

I think he just meant what type of dance pad.... at least I hope that's what he meant.[/quote]

Yea but this guys being a total ass to people trying to help, so i just wanted to throw it back in his face.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']I have to agree that you're being an ass. This isn't BB we don't get paid to deal with you. Anyway to be on topic you say that you want a cheap pad for casual play. Well even the $15 ones aren't worthy enough for my dog to piss on. I'd suggest getting either 40ish pad listed on page 1. I also suggest renting the DDR games to see if you like them. You might not be able to find them for rent. I've been lucky enough to though. Go to GameFAQ.com and look up the reviews that should help ya. One last thing....

as if i give a fuck what you think im acting like

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']yea but what controller do they give you, no screenshot, no nothing, that controller could be not non-stick and i could break my head open[/quote]

The one in the bundle has a grip, non stick bottom. Konami really improved their pad from a few years ago from their DDR USA home pad.

That's really your best option if you want a cheap pad that isn't a piece of junk.

Plus, Extreme is looking to be a great game so far, so for $59.99, you are getting a good pad with a new release DDR game.

All those cheap pads at Best Buy or the one you linked to bundled with Max at BuyNShop are thin and flmisy and they bunch up and slide around on the floor.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']

I agree with the statement. I don't even want to think how much I have spent on DDR and other Bemani games.[/quote]

yea your probably right, im gonna go with the extreme bundle for 60 bucks, wonder if they have in store pickup for it, thanks too everyone that helped and fuck everyone that didnt, have a nice day

[quote name='yellowaznboy'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']oh im sorry i didnt realie this site was called expensive gamer, i want a cheap dance mat that works well enough for me to dance on it and not fall over and break my head, shaq-fu.[/quote]

What's up with the attitude? People are trying to help you and you are being a sarcastic ass.

Note that you get what you pay for.[/quote]

being sarcastic is fun

[quote name='BasketCase1080'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='BasketCase1080'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']yea but what controller do they give you, no screenshot, no nothing[/quote]

I think he just meant what type of dance pad.... at least I hope that's what he meant.[/quote]

Yea but this guys being a total ass to people trying to help, so i just wanted to throw it back in his face.[/quote]

nobody was helping, i was impatient, your "throwing back in my face" was lame at best so i dont care, piss off

anyone who has seen any of my other posts knows Im a fun loving guy who never means anything he says in a malicious manner, so dont be offended, alright, now that were on the same page I made a decision, when I go to bestbuy on tuesday too pic up my long anticipated CLERKS X DVD ill also pick up DDRMAX and the Red Octane with a GGC, thanks for all your help again and yes I know im very indecisive

I have the Mad Katz version. I've never had any problems with it. It is cheap - only around $20. It's thin and flimsy, but should be no trouble as long as you don't wear shoes on it.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']how long does it take you too wear down your dance pad?[/quote]

The thin pads last generally 3 - 6 months depending on what difficulty level you play on. The official Konami pad should last maybe a month or 2 longer.

Also, don't fold up the pad because that wears down the life of the pad.

If you want to make the pad last longer, consider modding it like this:
http://www.ddrfreak.com/library/faqs-modding.php

i dont think ill be modding it in anyway, ill just use it when i dance and when i dont ill lay it flat on my chair or somewhere, just flat

its done, i went too toysrus and bought this dance pad from intec for 40 bucks, it has a zipped and you put this 1 inch thick black foam inside of it, it feesl and works great, I also bought DDR MAX 2, they were out of 1 sadly and I really wanted drop the bomb

i wanted too get DDR1 but they didnt have it, and I wasnt in the mood too drive another 20 minutes too best buy, besides i like max2, when i get bored of it ill get max 1, then ill get extreme

Yea I'm playing MAX2 right now, but I'm not that great since I have only had it for a few weeks.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']im pretty terrible myself, i always fail on light, *sigh*[/quote]

Why not go back to beginner then? It took me a few days of beginner mode in DDR USA to get used to the game before I went to Basic/Light mode.

bread's done
Back