Ok pc?

Dont buy BF 2142, it sucks big time. I would stick with BF 2, and for BF2 you dont need anything too much to run it. I have a P4 2.8ghz, 1 gb ram, and an old Radeon 9800 pro. The games runs very smooth.

[quote name='metalmat']Dont buy BF 2142, it sucks big time. I would stick with BF 2, and for BF2 you dont need anything too much to run it. I have a P4 2.8ghz, 1 gb ram, and an old Radeon 9800 pro. The games runs very smooth.[/quote]
hu? BF= Black Friday

[quote name='metalmat']Dont buy BF 2142, it sucks big time. I would stick with BF 2, and for BF2 you dont need anything too much to run it. I have a P4 2.8ghz, 1 gb ram, and an old Radeon 9800 pro. The games runs very smooth.[/quote]

Heyy is ur computer a sony viao per chance??

[quote name='CorporalJackson']As most know from the BF adds this be will be on sale and was wondering if gaming wise after a new video card and some RAM if it would be any good?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999962000050004&st=emachine&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=pcmprd62200050004[/quote]

Emachines are a low quality desktop they get the job done with productivity and simple stuff but gaming not well at all. First off the Celeron processor sucks, and all the emachines i have seen have the graphics processor onboard which i believe the ati 200M is therefore the possibility of upgrading graphics may not exist. IMO stay away for gaming purposes. Look for one with either a intel Core 2 duo or AMD athlon 64 X2 processors. and work up from there.

Emachines aren't as bad as they seem, if you're looking to buy a prebuilt computer, look to make sure it has a PCI-E slot, and anything but a celeron. Than just add a decent graphics card and more ram if need and you're good to go.

I had a emachines a few years ago, I upgraded it's ram and graphics card and I was gaming decently.

[quote name='michaema']First off the Celeron processor sucks, and all the emachines i have seen have the graphics processor onboard which i believe the ati 200M is therefore the possibility of upgrading graphics may not exist. [/QUOTE]

Celerons do suck, but a lot of motherboards with integrated graphics card also have extra slot such as AGP or PCI-E x16 for upgrade. In this case, this particular E-machine has an available PCI-E x16 slot. You can easily get a decent midrange gaming card for below $200 and add into this computer. But still, I would probably stay away from this PC unless you're really tight on budget. Celeron will get you by but you'll soon beg for a better processor to run your multitasks and games.

bread's done
Back