Okami for the Wii - $18.99 from Beach Audio + $4 USPS shipping = $22.99

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Isnt this $19.99 used at Gamestop? Where's Howie when hes needed.[/quote]

And $15 at blockbusters. But this is a new copy.

[quote name='Drkirby']And $15 at blockbusters. But this is a new copy.[/QUOTE]

So youd pay like $10 or more for a new copy? $5 is acceptable. No More.

Thought this was CAG

:p

^^yeah true, I would have swear the MSRP was $20, plus i've seen it at CC and games being 20% off you can get it for $16 (+tax of course)

The game is definitly worth the 20 buck though

This is $24.99 at Gamestop new, and $19.99 at Circuit City before the current % off. Don't pay that ridiculous shipping on Amazon marketplace.

I still have the PS2 version so im not even sure if its worth upgrading to the wii, although i really do want to try the wii controls.

8.whater is just too much for shipping.

probably still at a good price, but high shipping needs to be stopped.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I still have the PS2 version so im not even sure if its worth upgrading to the wii, although i really do want to try the wii controls.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty good. I like being able to paint w/ the wii. I'm having a hard time pulling off attacks, though. I'm just not whipping the remote in time or something. (My bad, I know.)

[quote name='Layd Dly']I still have the PS2 version so im not even sure if its worth upgrading to the wii, although i really do want to try the wii controls.[/quote]

It's not worth it. The paper texture is downplayed, the end credits were removed, all the art assets were remade by an outside company, and the Wii controls are actually worse than the PS2 controls (example: to draw a straight line in the PS2 version, you just have to hold down a button while drawing the line and it'll automatically be straight; not so in the Wii version, it's very demanding and the slightest deviation will mess it up)

[quote name='Layd Dly']I still have the PS2 version so im not even sure if its worth upgrading to the wii, although i really do want to try the wii controls.[/quote]

I had PS2 version, beat it and sold it long time ago. I got wii version two weeks ago. Control for brush is okay kinda. Need a little time to get used to draw a nice circle.

Important thing is the regular attack. Shaking remote is the attack and it is quite a chore. I used to button mash attack on PS2 because brush attack on PS2 was a chore (more or less, .., ya, i am lazy). Now it is opposite. Brush attack is easier than the regular attack. This is kinda fresh feel of the game for me. It make you look out for ink level, which i never worried on PS2 version.

[quote name='Vegan']It's not worth it. The paper texture is downplayed, the end credits were removed, all the art assets were remade by an outside company, and the Wii controls are actually worse than the PS2 controls (example: to draw a straight line in the PS2 version, you just have to hold down a button while drawing the line and it'll automatically be straight; not so in the Wii version, it's very demanding and the slightest deviation will mess it up)[/QUOTE]

I happen to think it is worth it. I think once you get used to the controller you do just fine

[quote name='Vegan']It's not worth it. The paper texture is downplayed, the end credits were removed, all the art assets were remade by an outside company, and the Wii controls are actually worse than the PS2 controls (example: to draw a straight line in the PS2 version, you just have to hold down a button while drawing the line and it'll automatically be straight; not so in the Wii version, it's very demanding and the slightest deviation will mess it up)[/quote]

From Gamespot Forums:
Its good, but not nearly as good as Galaxy.
One hint in case you have not figured it out...When trying to draw a straight line, draw with Z, not A. Most of the complaints I have read from Okami Wii owners is the inability to draw straight lines. Z is for drawing straight lines.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26367560 (2nd post)

[quote name='Josef']This is $24.99 at Gamestop new, and $19.99 at Circuit City before the current % off. Don't pay that ridiculous shipping on Amazon marketplace.[/quote]

My CC had it for $40 before discount. When did you see it for $20?

[quote name='surak']My CC had it for $40 before discount. When did you see it for $20?[/QUOTE]

Did you actually have them scan it or did you just go by the price tag? My CC had it priced at $39.99 but it scanned for $15.99 last week. The regular price was lowered to $19.99 by CC a couple of weeks before they went under.

[quote name='Josef']Did you actually have them scan it or did you just go by the price tag? My CC had it priced at $39.99 but it scanned for $15.99 last week. The regular price was lowered to $19.99 by CC a couple of weeks before they went under.[/quote]

Just went by the price tag. I didn't expect them to have it for less considering all the talk of the liquidators marking stuff up to maximum MSRP. I guess they're too busy putting higher priced stickers on stuff to update the stickers of cheaper items. Prioritizing getting money from suckers over actually selling off their inventory. :roll:

Not sure if this is spamming so if it is you can remove. I am selling my sealed copy for $20 shipped if anyone is interested. Thought someone might like a better price than the post. :D

bread's done
Back