Okami (Wii) - $14.96 on Amazon

not a bad deal for those who don't own the game yet , I would totally jump on this deal if I wasn't under some hard monetary issues atm.

[quote name='Naterrs']I already have it for PS2, are there any good reasons to upgrade to the Wii version?[/QUOTE]
Depends. If you wish the brush mechanics were less slow and deliberate, and more quick and gestural, then the Wii version will feel great to you. But if the slow, zen-like pace of painting with control sticks is preferable, the the Wii version will feel like a step backward.

Okami is awesome, if you haven't played it yet and you own a Wii then this is a great deal.

[quote name='Naterrs']I already have it for PS2, are there any good reasons to upgrade to the Wii version?[/QUOTE]
I own the game on both systems and prefer the ps2 version. The controls are much better on the ps2, especially for combat. Only benefit of the wii version is widescreen support.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I hate buying a game from Amazon only to have them drop it in price even more within a month.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I bought the game a while back for $20 (can't remember, I think I paid 12 but shipping was 8). I haven't touched in quite some time.

haven't played it and I've seen it on Amazon for like $13. I saw the hasting price that someone just posted though. I think $12 is a steal, but I have quite large back log (almost done with infamous, 12 hours into dragon age, haven't played MGS IV, and haven't played too much bad company II) and I don't have the time to play games right now, lol.

Purchased @ gohastings. Less than $13 shipped? I own the title for the PS2 but I can't pass that up because Okami on the Wii has skippable cutscenes.

I've read good things about this game in the past but it's a bit old for my taste. I may pick it up when it hits the $5 bargain bin. I'm not sure 12-15 would be worth it, particularly when I've got a stack of game's that I've not played yet.

Have this game on backlog for the wii but did play a little bit of it. I do remember, however, disliking the controls especially for the camera. I wish I had picked it up for the ps2 instead.

[quote name='lilman']I own the game on both systems and prefer the ps2 version. The controls are much better on the ps2, especially for combat. Only benefit of the wii version is widescreen support.[/QUOTE]

Me too. You would think the controls on the Wii version would be better for the brush strokes but it's not. It's actually frustrating to do a lot of the shapes (like bombs).

My rationale for purchasing Okami on the Wii was a) 12 bucks shipped new (c'mon) b) my Wii library is a little weak c) If I'm going to replay it I might as well save myself a ton of cutscenes by having the option to skip them.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I love the Wii, but is there a single good "waggle" control game?[/QUOTE]

I loved Zack and Wiki and Madworld both were fun waggle games.

Only thing that makes the Wii version worse than the PS2 version is that you're kinda forced to use the rosary weapon since combat is done via waggle. Other than that, I couldn't go back to the PS2 version after playing it on Wii. The brush techniques are just so much more convenient.

bread's done
Back