Okami wii $30 w/ fs @ amazon

Matching BB's ad no doubt.

I wanted to get this but I've heard the controls are worse than the PS2 version, can anyone who has the Wii version offer any comments ?

THANK YOU!!! No tax and free shipping, didn't think twice. I've been prowling ebay for a PS2 copy since I heard there were difficulties with the Wii version, but they often sell for 35-40 shipped. The Wii Okami thread seems to have a couple people frustrated with certain parts of the game, but overall people seem to enjoy it on Wii, so I'm in. Thanks again.

[quote name='benjamouth']Matching BB's ad no doubt.

I wanted to get this but I've heard the controls are worse than the PS2 version, can anyone who has the Wii version offer any comments ?[/quote]

I've played it. I would say the controls are better in some areas, and about the same in others. The same parts I had trouble with on the PS2 are still just as problematic on the Wii. Such as doing multiple slashes in a row. You have to be very precise with the horizontal slash or it won't pick it up. However after practicing with the motions it does become somewhat easier. Don't expect a 100% carry over for the motion that you want though.

[quote name='blackhole82']I've played it. I would say the controls are better in some areas, and about the same in others. The same parts I had trouble with on the PS2 are still just as problematic on the Wii. Such as doing multiple slashes in a row. You have to be very precise with the horizontal slash or it won't pick it up. However after practicing with the motions it does become somewhat easier. Don't expect a 100% carry over for the motion that you want though.[/quote]

Thanks, I pulled the trigger on it, it doesn't sound like it's horribly broken or anything. At $30 it seems like a good deal.

Thanks as well to you OP.

[quote name='benjamouth']Thanks, I pulled the trigger on it, it doesn't sound like it's horribly broken or anything. At $30 it seems like a good deal.

Thanks as well to you OP.[/quote]

I would have picked it up also, but I have a friend that already got it. So when he's done with it I guess I will give it a play all the way to the end.

[quote name='blackhole82']I've played it. I would say the controls are better in some areas, and about the same in others. The same parts I had trouble with on the PS2 are still just as problematic on the Wii. Such as doing multiple slashes in a row. You have to be very precise with the horizontal slash or it won't pick it up. However after practicing with the motions it does become somewhat easier. Don't expect a 100% carry over for the motion that you want though.[/QUOTE]

on the wii version, holding down the z makes perfect horizontal slashes every time, nothing frustrating at all.
There is a learning curve when drawing circles, especially tough early at one point when doing the blossom. But once you are a dozen hours in, symbols can be drawn pretty much on command.

For this game, this price is HOT.

I jumped on this, and I highly recommend anyone else on the edge of the plunge to go for it. We need to support developers like Capcom who put good games out there by buying the good games from retailers (used= no profit for Capcom). It sold horribly before, but it was very well regarded, and the recent IGN review docked it .1 points from the original's 9.1 score to 9.0 for being just a port. Even now it is not selling well.

Here, look at their review: IGN

StellarVideoReview

And shame on you if you bought lesser games like Ghost Squad or House of the Dead 2&3, but not Okami.

This game needs our support!

And remember if the price ever goes down on Amazon again, you can price match it within a month to save even more.

So don't wait, buy it!!

[quote name='vherub']on the wii version, holding down the z makes perfect horizontal slashes every time, nothing frustrating at all.
There is a learning curve when drawing circles, especially tough early at one point when doing the blossom. But once you are a dozen hours in, symbols can be drawn pretty much on command.[/quote]

I did not know about that feature. I will have to mention that to my friend that owns the game.

This game would've been worth a full $50 had it been released at that price point. $30 no tax no shipping is a damn steal, buy now!

[quote name='javeryh']Very tempting... I'm holding out for $20 but I realize I run the risk of it never happening...[/QUOTE]

Oh, it will... the game kind of bombed a second time, even worse than the PS2 version.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10031

So yea, I expect it to get pretty cheap.

[quote name='Roufuss']Oh, it will... the game kind of bombed a second time, even worse than the PS2 version.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10031[/quote]

I don't really think it will. I mean even RE4 only dropped on Black Friday. I mean, have we seen many Capcom price drops in the $20 range?

[quote name='yowoe']I don't really think it will. I mean even RE4 only dropped on Black Friday. I mean, have we seen many Capcom price drops in the $20 range?[/QUOTE]

But RE 4 was successful.

Okami is not.

Zack and Wiki is already at $20, and it's done better than Okami, IIRC.

According to Capcom's official blog, sales of Okami Wii are (a) under 100K in the US, and (b) in line with their expectations.

Though to be fair, given that the original bombed on the PS2, expecting it to suddenly reach a bigger audience with the Wii seems unrealistic.

--R.J.

zack and wiki came out in october, had the holiday buying season and dropped in january to $29.99.
Then 3 months later the price dropped to $20 in April before disappearing from a lot of retail channels.

I picked up a copy, I've been wanting to play this for a while. Even though I expect it to drop fairly quickly, I couldn't resist.

Even though i haven't played my Wii since Jan, i'm not gonna pass this up for $30. Plus i have that free artwork coming from nintendo.

I also decided to pick up sonic riders and shadow the hedgehog for the ps2, since they're only $7.89 each on amazon as well.

was thinking about picking this up. Then I decided to just spend $30 on RE4 Wii instead (never played any of the verisons), LOL. Poor Okami. I promise i'll buy you if you drop to $20. Well that depends if Z:TP ever goes on sale for $30. Same with Mario Galaxy (I only own Brawl and Mario Kart).

People who signed up for Capcom's artwork cover replacement offer, have you gotten your new cover yet?

I just bought my copy for $27 at BB, and the IGN watermark is now staring at me whenever I hold it in front of me. Sigh!

bread's done
Back