Okamiden for 9.99 at BestBuy (YMMV?)

dancrane212

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I stopped in at the BestBuy on Bayers Lake and I figured I pick up a DS game with some of my reward points.

I ended up grabbing a copy Okamiden that was tagged at 34.99, it but it ended up scanning in at 9.99 at the register.

On my way out I called up the other BestBuy in the province, Dartmouth Crossing, and they had it for 9.99 as well. I checked online but I don't see a listing on their site so I'd assume the game is on clearance.

As it stands right now though, YMMV.

bleh, it's not showing up on bestbuy's search. is there a product id or something that I can use to go to my local BB with and ask them to search other stores to see if any of them have a copy in stock?

[quote name='Psamtik']bleh, it's not showing up on bestbuy's search. is there a product id or something that I can use to go to my local BB with and ask them to search other stores to see if any of them have a copy in stock?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, could someone who bought one provide the eight-digit product ID code from their receipt?

Hmm...I would have been all over this if I still liked Capcom. Looks like I'll pass on this one, good luck to those who go hunting for it, that's a great price.

[quote name='TronB']Hmm...I would have been all over this if I still liked Capcom. Looks like I'll pass on this one, good luck to those who go hunting for it, that's a great price.
[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that, i would love to grab this game at 9.99 but i can't support Capcom and their constant nickel and diming and shady business practices.

So, because of the mistakes Capcom has made in the recent years, you're going to decline yourself from this game? Lol, ok then.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']So, because of the mistakes Capcom has made in the recent years, you're going to decline yourself from this game? Lol, ok then.[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you do otherwise you support their actions and they'll just continue, if you disagree with their actions the only acceptable thing to do would be not to purchase it.

Okamiden isn't YMMV, it's $9.99 at all BB's if you can find a copy.

Going to crosspost the other $9.99 titles I mentioned in the GAF thread.

Also at $9.99 at BB if you can find em, WarioWare DIY, Sin and Punishment, SMT DS, and Rhythm Heaven.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']So, because of the mistakes Capcom has made in the recent years, you're going to decline yourself from this game? Lol, ok then.[/QUOTE]

I've supported them in the past, and bought games I didn't necessarily like just because they were from from Capcom, but I won't be doing that anymore. I'm going to continue buying any previous series I've already engrossed myself in and love (aka every Mega Man series and Ace Attorney are the ones I can't live without and I'll always support them), or if I've bought a game from them before they cancelled MML3, I'm still going to play it.

Since my backlog of games is so huge already, I can "decline myself from this game" and feel no different than before.
Okami was an alright game, but I was never super excited for Okamiden, I only had it on my to buy list because Capcom was my favourite company and I went out of my way to try new series/games from them.

I honestly don't see anything wrong in what I'm doing. I'll continue to support Capcom/series that I like by buying games, and not buy games I'm not really interested in. That's how most people do things, isn't it?

How is Okamiden? I loved Okami (up to the point where I beat Orochi, but then it just started to drag) and I was hoping the sequel would go into space and explain WTF happened in the ending.

[quote name='JaredFrost']Yes, if you do otherwise you support their actions and they'll just continue, if you disagree with their actions the only acceptable thing to do would be not to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

Have fun missing out on series you love, just because the actions of a company are not what you wanted.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Have fun missing out on series you love, just because the actions of a company are not what you wanted.[/QUOTE]

It's not about small actions you don't agree with, I'm talking about actions like making bugged games and NEVER patching them, like Capcom does.

Or in EAs case, making games then closing the multiplayer servers a few years later.(They also do the bugged game and no patching thing too)

At some point you just have to say enough is enough, so yes, I will have fun not playing them, there are plenty of other games out there and if they change their ways, maybe go back to playing their games.

Thanks for this thread. Cambridge Best Buy had 2 Okamiden, so I picked up one. I was literally going to buy it online (for more) this morning. So glad I didn't.

Also of interest at Best Buy:

PS3 Move Start the Party, TV Superstars are 9.99
PSP Gods Eater Burst is 19.99

While in general I agree with not supporting a company if you don't like them, I don't think letting the publisher's wonky actions stop you from supporting the developer. The guys who designed the game have no say over what the big publisher wants to do, so forget about the publisher's crap and experience the artist's creation.

...and it's 10 bucks so buying this game won't really support Capcom as they don't expect to make profit from it anymore.

Anyway, thanks for posting the deal. I hope my Best Buy has a copy.

bread's done
Back