OkamiDen (Okami 2) - Out Now!

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
5oWbY.png

English Trailer
English Gameplay footage

Capcom's Captivate press event was held in Hawaii a few days ago, and the embargo lifts today. Kombo jumped the gun a little early and posted the Okamiden trailer. The trailer itself is in English (though the footage shows the Japanese version). A press release was later put out that mentioned the current release window, making this a localization confirmation.

Okamiden description
At Captivate 2010 we were pleased to announce that Okamiden is heading to the west.

Ōkamiden is a picturesque action adventure game for the Nintendo DS. Taking place a few months after the events of Ōkami, Ōkamiden will follow the adventures of Chibiterasu – a young sun god who is summoned to protect the land. Following in the footsteps of its parent Amaterasu, the sun-god-turned-wolf in Ōkami, Chibiterasu takes the form of an adorable wolf pup for the mission ahead. Chibiterasu will join forces with a rich cast of characters to fight off a new threat that has leeched the world of its vibrant color again. Beyond the battles, Chibiterasu and buddies will come to realize their inner potential and accept the kinship that comes with being the children of great heroes and gods.

Game play, features, and more info after the jump.

Release Date: 2011
Genre: Action Adventure
Platform: Nintendo DS
Rating: Pending
Developer: Capcom
Publisher: Capcom
Price: TBD

Ōkamiden is a picturesque action adventure game for the Nintendo DS. Taking place a few months after the events of Ōkami, Ōkamiden will follow the adventures of Chibiterasu – a young sun god who is summoned to protect the land. Following in the footsteps of its parent Amaterasu, the sun-god-turned-wolf in Ōkami, Chibiterasu takes the form of an adorable wolf pup for the mission ahead. Chibiterasu will join forces with a rich cast of characters to fight off a new threat that has leeched the world of its vibrant color again. Beyond the battles, Chibiterasu and buddies will come to realize their inner potential and accept the kinship that comes with being the children of great heroes and gods.

Using the DS stylus, players will wield a celestial brush controlled by Chibiterasu. This powerful tool can attack enemies, paint helpful objects and structures into existence and help Chibiterasu perform exceptional feats that will change the world before the player’s eyes. Chibiterasu’s partners in the game will have unique abilities of their own that help the player conquer puzzles and face an onslaught of perilous challenges. By blending vivid myth, artistic action and the innovative Nintendo DS, Ōkamiden has all the makings of a handheld classic. Ōkamiden takes the best elements of the Ōkami series and combines them with invigorating new features delivering an extraordinary adventure sure to please fans of the series and newcomers alike.

Currently in development for the Nintendo DS™, Ōkamiden will be available in 2011.

Features:
Canvas and Brush: The touch screen and stylus of the Nintendo DS™ are the ideal tools to simulate Okamiden’s trademark celestial brush. The stylus brushstrokes are pressure sensitive which helps to accurately depict the look and feel of Sumi-e artwork – a graceful watercolor art.

Partner-Up: Using the in-game Partner System, players can join forces with new characters in the game, each possessing unique abilities that will help Chibiterasu defeat enemies and conquer puzzles.

Striking Visuals: The beauty of the highly stylized Japanese calligraphy and scroll paintings are depicted in pixel-perfect handheld glory.

Dynamic Action: Employ brush techniques learned from various celestial deities and Power Slash, Bloom, and battle a diverse lineup of monsters and demons rooted in Japanese folklore.

Interactive Puzzles: Draw bridges into existence, transverse canyons, and connect winding paths through space by using the celestial brush and the abilities of Chibiterasu’s partners.

Ensemble Cast: The main character, Chibiterasu, is a youthful sun god that has taken the form of an adorable wolf pup. Chibiterasu partners up with an equally endearing cast of characters that aim to restore order to the land while learning lessons from majestic, playful deities. Many characters will be easily recognizable to fans of Ōkami™ while several are new to the series.

Compelling Narrative: Ōkamiden tells an amazing story that is both morally impactful and fun. With a complex mix of themes like friendship, responsibility and love between parent and child, players are promised a memorable experience that will be appreciated for its depth, humor, and universal truths.

(Hug-hopping? Hopping-hug? Hop-Hugging? Hip-Hop-Hug? Eh.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okamiden comes out soon in Japan!

Capcom of coarse has a nice Okamiden collector's edition.

Yesasia still has it for preorder and play asia is out of preorders, but might get more in.

$149 for it is a lot, but that chibiterasu keychain plush is so cute! I wonder what play asia price was it's not up on it anymore. Anyone know? I'm just curious.

I hope us in the US gets a nice preorder bonus the keychain or the stylus please..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today I finally got my Okamiden I just love the plush keychain it even has a butt like on the game. lol

The book it came with is nice has some nice pictures and the rest is the story of coarse I can't read it, but I enjoyed it.

The head phones are nice and the music CD is nice and the DVD has trailers on it.
I did play it a little it shows a little intro into the first Okami a silhouette type of thing which is nice for people who haven't played the first..

I plan to play it tonight.

I took some pictures that I'll post later my computer is slow as always so it'll take some time.

I played mostly all night, but got tired and took a nap.

I'm liking the game so far it's pretty easy to get around there's a arrow that tells me to go like on the first Okami.

I like the graphics and the music is nice. Battles are pretty easy you got your sun wheel weapon.

So far I've gotten three paint brush moves.

It's too bad Clover is no more, but Okamiden definitely helps me bring back memories with Playing the first game.

I plan to get this when it comes in March it'll be worth it to support Okamiden and to actually know what they are saying..

Controls are pretty good so far B is jump Y attack and X is to put down your partner or pick hum/her up.

In fighting you fight and your partner will help out a little too.

Kimiki village looks pretty much the same of coarse being a DS game some things are limited no swimming in the ocean so far, and no digging I wish I could make Chibi bark like on the first game.. lol

For a DS game I love the graphics basically like the first Okami and the music and characters bring back memories they look the same pretty much.

Not sure how long the game is, but I let people know probably take me longer due to language barrier.

Acording to a post on okamiden gamefaqs board okamiden sold 84,472 it's first week which is pretty good.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/971937-okamiden/56652849

I hope it sells pretty good in the US too.

I really loved the first Okami I told all my friends about it and had them rent it some thought it was OK and a few actually bought it and loved the game.

I plan to play this till I beat it and I'll post my full thoughts on it.

So far I'm enjoying it the cute factor is high up on the cute scale. Chibiteresu is so adorable!

Anyone know if you can get the stylus if you pre order online? It doesnt say anything about online customers, just:

Reserve Okami Den and receive a GameStop exclusive Okami Den stylus and Screen Cleaner. Available for in-store pickup Customers while supplies last.
In-Store Pickup/ Store Customers: The Okami Den stylus and Screen Cleaner will be available for pick up at time of Purchase.

I've been playing okamiden much more and I really enjoy it.

The characters on it so far are good, the music has the same okami feel to it and the art style is pretty much like the first okami not exactly the same since it's a DS game, but still good.

I've fought so far four boss battles and they are pretty good so far.

I really look forward to the release in March I'd say it's worth buying if you loved the first one.

The little baby brush gods are cute too..

Does anyone know if I preorder this game from GS in order to get the paintbrush stylus, do I have to select in-store pickup? Or can I get it mail-delivered and they will send the stylus with the game?

Ruahrc

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I got my okamiden pre-ordered.

The capcom has chibiterasu plush keychain for preorder item which is so cute. =)[/QUOTE]

I ordered from them too. After their Ghost Bundle, I think most of my Capcom games will be ordered from their online store *_*. Shipping sucked though. And it's a shame I won't be able to pick up the stylist too.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I ordered from them too. After their Ghost Bundle, I think most of my Capcom games will be ordered from their online store *_*. Shipping sucked though. And it's a shame I won't be able to pick up the stylist too.[/QUOTE]
pre order from both, return the game and keep the stylus. that's what i'm doing. :lol:

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']pre order from both, return the game and keep the stylus. that's what i'm doing. :lol:[/QUOTE]

They'll accept that?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']They'll accept that?[/QUOTE]they should. Ive never had them ask for the pre order bonus back. :booty:

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Do you purchase it and return it in the same location? Like, within the minute. Or do you wait a few days/go to an other store?[/QUOTE]
I go to another store. haha I dont think they keep track of who gets the pre order bonuses.

[quote name='Dragongirl']I pre-ordered on GameStop already. Is Okamiden a stand alone game, or should you have played Okami first?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo Power said it was a stand-alone. Someone correct me if I read incorrectly.

[quote name='Dragongirl']I pre-ordered on GameStop already. Is Okamiden a stand alone game, or should you have played Okami first?[/QUOTE]

It is a direct sequel of the PS2/Wii game. But it isn't necessary to play that version first. You would just be a bit behind on the lore and characters in the game, but aside from that, nada.

You can find the orginal easily for under 15dollars online. They're still printing the Wii versions and they're handing out eco-cases in the newer ones, so I'd try to get one of those soon.

Never played Okami, I know what a sin right? But I'm legitimately interested in Okamiden though, it kind of reminds me of Gambare Goemon DS for some reason (Art style?). I'm not real sure why I'm interested in it though, can't put my finger on it but I have a feeling my pre-order won't go to waste.

I'm starting to get really excited about this game. The first one was so good and the previews are getting me excited about this game even though I was a little unsure of how good it would be with most of the original people not involved. I'm considering pre-ordering, the stylus and screen wipe look really cool, though I have a feeling they'd end up just sitting around with all of the other crap like that I've gotten before that never gets used.

And regardless of whether or not Okamiden is really helped by playing Okami first, you should play Okami if you're interested in Okamiden. It was such a good game, probably my favorite Wii game that I've played so far and one of my favorite games ever.

I preordered this from Gamestop. Want the stylus, but I also want the plush key chain! Wish they woulda had the plush at a store too instead of the capcom e store only. (Charged shipping and tax is I order through capcom) :(

Though for that plush, I might bite and pay for shipping and tax.

I never got around to playing Okami, it was always on my to do list. When I heard this was coming out, I bought the first game for wii and have been playing through it. This game is amazing and I am glad okamiden is being released here.

I have a hard time getting myself to play through handheld games...even when I understand I'm missing out on a lot of great games.

My girlfriend has the Wii copy of Okami. I keep telling myself I'm gonna sit and play through it. We've lived together for over a year, and still I haven't played the game.

Maybe I will, if she forces me to buy the sequel.

Just realized this comes out the day I leave for Europe. Hoping to grab my copy before we leave. Didn't want to bring my DS but with 14 hours (one way) to kill, might as well :D

Okay, I'm pissed.

Dear / Rabbitsuit /,

Thank you for preordering Okamiden!
Little Chibiterasu has been a very popular pup. Unfortunately we are facing a delay from the factory of a portion of the Chibiterasu plush key chains. They are shipping now but the delay will hold up some Okamiden orders. More than half of all preorders will ship by March 15th with Chibiterasu and we anticipate shipping more a few days later and the following week for the balance of all preorders. If you do not receive a shipping confirmation by the end of day on March 15th, it is likely your order will be delayed until more plush key chains are delivered.

If you are unconcerned about the delay do nothing; your game and Chibiterasu will ship together as soon as possible. If you do not receive a shipping confirmation by the end of day on March 15th, and prefer not to wait for your game to arrive with Chibiterasu, please remove him from your order and we will ship your game immediately. We will ensure that all those who remove Chibiterasu from their order will receive him in a separate delivery.

Thank you for supporting this great game and please let us apologize for the factory delay.

The Capcom Store Team

I don't think it's unreasonable to want both at the same time :( Especially since it's not gonna be release day shipping.

I JUST got a call from "Ashely from GameStop" saying Okamiden will be in Friday afternoon...could have sworn the game was supposed to come out Tuesday...

bread's done
Back