Okay CAG, What's your favorite foods (pics welcomed)

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
What's your absolute favorite foods. Doesn't necessarily have to be something expensive or high end. It could be a simple dish that's a comfort food to you. Here's mine:

Tonkotsu (pork) Ramen - This is a picture I took a few years back. Everytime I visit Japan I always stop by the same raman stand in Ikebukuro called Mutekiya. I think what makes it so delicious is I don't eat it all the time, once a year or two and everytime it's absolute bliss.

Ramen.jpg

Deviled Eggs - My comfort food. I make sure I have some every Thanksgiving or on a few special occasions.

deviled-egg.jpg

Korean BBQ & Japanese BBQ (Yakiniku) - This is a tie for me. They're both similar but I just can't pick one over the other. Some of the best tasting meat I've ever had, but what I like most is everyone shares the meal unlike ordering individual meals. It makes for more social eating (if there is such a thing). Throw a couple beers in there and it doesn't get much better than that. I always walk away from these meals feeling good.

yakiniku.jpg

Don't have any pics for now but I love BBQ, almost any style of BBQ whether it's smoked, grilled or slow roasted. Memphis, KC, Southern, Northern to West Coast style, I always love it. My favorite restaurant is Lucille's BBQ chain.

I also like rice bowls with veggies and some kind of meat (chicken, beef, pork). Also noodles...damn, I like a lot of food.

pimento cheese sammiches, bbq anything , southern style potato salad, cornbread ( traditional and sweet), collard or mustard greens, southern style macaroni salad,3 bean salad, takuan, korean food. southern and asian style foods kick ass and have alot of similarities. it sucks though because where i live its very damn hard to get southern food and the summer time is the best time for it.

I love smoked/bbq pork (and beef). Being from the south I guess I have to! I just had some awesome stuff last weekend when visiting my family. They took me (and my wife and daughter) out in the country to the middle of nowhere tiny little metal building with an all you can eat bbq buffet only open on Fridays and Saturdays. It was insane - ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, smoked chicken, along with a bunch of sides (had some awesome smoked cabbage) and nana puddin for dessert! I ate a year's supply of meat. But I don't eat meat like that too often. We mostly have meat-free dishes at home.

A new favorite for me is pesto popcorn - I thought it sounded gross but we just picked up an old air popper from the thrift store and my wife went out and picked some fresh basil and made this pesto popcorn and it was totally awesome! I don't really even like pesto.

Favorite dessert is tough - I'm a huge fan of sweets. Probably has to be my mom's chocolate pie. She's been making it for over 60 years and has it pretty well figured out.

Oh yeah I forgot this one - I really look forward to our Sunday breakfast/lunch. We typically go hiking for 2-3 hours Sunday mornings and come home and make a big breakfast. My wife makes waffles - banana walnut or blueberry pecan or sometimes chocolate chip and I make scrambled eggs with coconut milk, goat cheese and some turmeric. We usually have some sort of sausage or veggie sausage with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Steamed blue crabs
- Fish tacos
- Broiled fish
- Sushi, especially with eel, tuna, softshell crab, or salmon.
- Crab cakes
- Blackened tuna steak
- Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, breaded, and baked
- Smoked turkey and cream cheese sandwich
- Cucumber and cream cheese sandwich
- Hard salami and cream cheese sandwich

Summary: Seafood and anything with cream cheese in it. :lol:

[quote name='blueweltall']We need pics to judge if this is true!;)[/QUOTE]

There was a giant sushi thread on CAG from a while ago but I can't find it.

I'm korean so I love korean food. I dunno if you guys have one but they have something called a korean bbq buffet. It's a buffet with mostly raw meat and you take that to your table with the built in grill, cook it and tear that shit up. It's about 32 per person (tax and tip) and worth it. All the tasty kalbi, bulgogi, squid, pork and just lots and lots of meat all you can eat! I love meat. I haven't been there in about 2 months but I think it's time. I always go there with my apetite 'enhanced'. I'm salivating thinking about it.

Steamed eggs. Was hospitalized when I was 5, and ate a lot of it, so it became a comfort food. I don't eat it much any more.
235b6218.jpg

Beef noodle soup, pho, udons are also comfort foods. And curry noodles and pad thai. Not a big fan of Japanese ramen.
56a03229.jpg

f79bdfbd.jpg

d51a0993.jpg

dc66469c.gif

873119b0.jpg

Potstickers. My family ate a lot of homemade dumplings, but I hate the wet dough. So my mom would make them into potstickers.
d121c558.jpg

Favorite foods would be Korean BBQ, with kimchee, kimchee cucumbers.
c1dc4563.jpg

Also like pig ears, and those tofu noodle side dishes, but that's more Taiwanese.
6c703f94.jpg

New additions: Shumai and garlic chive dumplings.
87b5e123.jpg

76c6375b.jpg

[quote name='Javery']Sushi!!![/QUOTE]

Not sure what part of NJ you're in but I know of a place in Bergen County that has great carousel sushi. It's fun just going for the experience.

!. Steak/Meat
2. Italian food
3. Persian food

Dead animal + Open fire = Count me in.

Love grilling, trying out different recipes, sauces, spice combinations. So good man. BBQ some Carne asada, grilled marinated chicken and of course thick cut Steaks. I grill with friends once every month or so and basically every sunday during football season.

carne_asada.jpg

Carne Asada Tacos. That's some REAL tacos, non of that Americanized, taco bell crap. With some fresh salsa and quac.
Carne-Asada-Tacos-_Guacamole-Salsa-Fresca.jpg

Italian food, like Rigatoni al forno. Pretty easy to make, and customize it with cuts of meats and different cheezes. I somtimes add heavy tomato sauce and slices as well
timpallo-recipe.jpg

Or drown that shit in cheese!
004.JPG

I had a Persian GF few years back and introduced me to there food. Really good! Mixture of grilled meats and veggies with different seasoned rice:
IMG_8598.jpg

22132_299004027101_726497101_3926502_6473234_n.jpg

[quote name='deadlyclawz']ICE CREAM CAKE!!! :D[/QUOTE]
Ever since i was 5 years old, i refuse to acknowledge my birthday, unless someone gets me a Baskin Robins ice cream cake. So i'm with you on that.

[quote name='RallyV']Not sure what part of NJ you're in but I know of a place in Bergen County that has great carousel sushi. It's fun just going for the experience.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Union - what's the name of the place?

[quote name='bordjon']I love smoked/bbq pork (and beef). Being from the south I guess I have to! I just had some awesome stuff last weekend when visiting my family. They took me (and my wife and daughter) out in the country to the middle of nowhere tiny little metal building with an all you can eat bbq buffet only open on Fridays and Saturdays. It was insane - ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, smoked chicken, along with a bunch of sides (had some awesome smoked cabbage) and nana puddin for dessert! I ate a year's supply of meat. But I don't eat meat like that too often. We mostly have meat-free dishes at home.

A new favorite for me is pesto popcorn - I thought it sounded gross but we just picked up an old air popper from the thrift store and my wife went out and picked some fresh basil and made this pesto popcorn and it was totally awesome! I don't really even like pesto.

Favorite dessert is tough - I'm a huge fan of sweets. Probably has to be my mom's chocolate pie. She's been making it for over 60 years and has it pretty well figured out.

Oh yeah I forgot this one - I really look forward to our Sunday breakfast/lunch. We typically go hiking for 2-3 hours Sunday mornings and come home and make a big breakfast. My wife makes waffles - banana walnut or blueberry pecan or sometimes chocolate chip and I make scrambled eggs with coconut milk, goat cheese and some turmeric. We usually have some sort of sausage or veggie sausage with it.[/QUOTE]

I am so hungry after reading this and i just ate supper.....

I'm going to list some food varieties here as well as just food itself.

Kimchi, kimchi and kimchi made the old fashioned way, in a pot under the ground for a month. I also love the shredded Daikon with vinegar. Vietnamese Salad Rolls with Cilantro and the Spicy Peanut Sauce. If you like Sushi chances are you'll love Vietnamese Salad Rolls javeryh.
Oh and those Korean waffle cookies are fucking awesome, the one's that have peanuts baked in. They're like the perfect peanut butter cookie. All the taste and none of the grease. I had them when I was over in Korea in Seoul in this one store, great stuff. Carob bread is fucking awesome too by the way.
I might be more preferential to Bulgogi if the first example I got wasn't from a fast food restaurant at Lotte World. Find me some Bulgogi sauce(Vegan of course) loaded up with Garlic and I'm in for a taste though.
Thai Curry and Indian but especially Thai. I have really enjoyed Vindaloo before as well.
If you do a good job at Hummus I'm fucking down for it. Persian pickles aren't bad either but they're garlicky as fuck.

edit: Hey kerplunkuga watch "The Great Kimchi Battle 2" on Netflix. :D

[quote name='Javery']I'm in Union - what's the name of the place?[/QUOTE]

The place is called East and is located in Teaneck. Might be a bit of a drive for you.

[quote name='Viol8tor']

IMG_8598.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That looks fucking good. One thing we lack down in Florida are Middle Eastern cusine and Indian cuisine, and I love both. So what exactly is that? Is it a kebab?

I would say my top three favorite foods are:
Lechon (Filipino roasted pig)
Sushi (Spicy tuna & yellowtail ftw)
Burgers

Dessert
Halo-halo (Filipino dessert that is comprised typically of ice cream, shaved ice, jellied fruit, corn and other things depending on who makes it)
Manju (Sweet black bean Japanese pastry)
Cheesecake!

1. Sukiyaki
bevrxy.jpg

2. Eel (rice bowl, sushi, grilled, on a stick, whatever)
mwej6d.jpg

3. Gyudon+green onions+raw egg (costs more but so worth it)
2hdyzb9.jpg

4. Kahlua Pork and Cabbage
2wd4rdf.jpg

5. Mongolian Beef
riclrn.jpg

6. Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (skins in of course!)
35cpogo.jpg

7. Steamed Dumplings
6szzt4.jpg

8. Seafood Molcajete dish
18lkl2.jpg

Side note: why the fuck haven't donburi joints made it to the US yet? So delicious and so cheap...

[quote name='crystalklear64']1. Sukiyaki
bevrxy.jpg

2. Eel (rice bowl, sushi, grilled, on a stick, whatever)
mwej6d.jpg

3. Gyudon+green onions+raw egg (costs more but so worth it)
2hdyzb9.jpg

4. Kahlua Pork and Cabbage
2wd4rdf.jpg

5. Mongolian Beef
riclrn.jpg

6. Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (skins in of course!)
35cpogo.jpg

7. Steamed Dumplings
6szzt4.jpg

8. Seafood Molcajete dish
18lkl2.jpg

Side note: why the fuck haven't donburi joints made it to the US yet? So delicious and so cheap...[/QUOTE]

Your post makes me want pad thai real bad for some reason. Damn that stuffs good.

Was tired of some of the chips getting the shaft in regular nachos (those on the bottom of the pile get no cheese/meat love), so I made these self-contained nachos with Tostitos scoops. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of that, but I was pretty proud of myself.

Ground turkey with homemade seasoning, shredded cheese, salsa and fresh, homemade guac!

33953_607964867523_274611969_n.jpg

I'm a sucker for Mexican...

Any tender and tasty meat with vegetables like broccoli on a bed of rice.
Something like this:
4041198391_98fa513733_z.jpg

My favorite food is usually a comfort food.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']minus dipping sauce[/QUOTE]

Sacrilege!

Seriously though that looks awesome! I use to go to a chicken finger place that's here in the south all the time called Guthrie's - it looked just like that plus they gave you a small cup of slaw. Zaxby's is sort of running them out of business though I think.

Loco Moco: Hamburger steak and overeasy eggs on rice covered in gravy.

Pancit Palabok: Filipino noodles in a savory sauce topped with pork rinds, sliced hard boiled egg, and green onion.

Clam Chowder

Lumpia

Shrimp. Like Bubba from Forrest Gump I like them any which way but Honey Walnut and Shrimp Cocktail are personal favorites.

Regular food would be:

Friend Dumplings

11-fried-dumplings.jpg

Crab Rangoon
crab_rangoon2.jpg

I also like other stuff like Pizza, Steak Burgers, etc. Now comes time for the killer stuff!

Black&White Cookies
Black%20&%20White%20Compress.jpg
Rainbow Cookies - They are more like a cake and brownie combined than a cookie but whatever!
rainbowCookieBlog2_lg.jpg
Knish - Potato Crush with a Potato filling
knish.jpg

All time favorite item - DEVIL DOG - THESE THINGS KICK SO MUCH A$$!!!
DD16PK.jpg

bread's done
Back