Okay You Loud Mouthed Traitors, Put Up or Shut Up, Just Where Do You Stand

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
Vote expected in House of Representatives called by Republicans on resolution to immediately pull troops from Iraq by 7PM EST.

Let's just see how many of the traitors are willing to throw themselves politically on their own sword for their loudmouthed, anti-American cause.

House GOP seeks showdown vote on Iraq pullout

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans sought a showdown Friday with Democrats on a proposal by one of their most senior members to force an end to the U.S. deployment of troops in Iraq.
Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., offered the resolution demanding a pullout. The GOP-run House was expected to reject it — and make a prominent statement about where Congress stands on Iraq — as the chamber scurried toward a Thanksgiving break.

"We'll let the members debate it and then let them vote on it," said Rep. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., the acting majority leader.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's office had no immediate comment.

Murtha, a well-respected Vietnam veteran who voted for the Iraq war, called for the immediate withdrawal of troops Thursday, intensifying the already red-hot debate on Capitol Hill over President Bush's war policies.

Murtha's resolution would force the president to withdrawal the nearly 160,000 troops in Iraq "at the earliest predictable date."

Most Republicans oppose Murtha's plan, and even some Democrats have been reluctant to back his position. Republicans were seeking to force Democrats to stand with the respected 30-year congressman or go on the record against his proposal.

Some members of the House and Senate, looking ahead to off-year elections next November, are publicly worrying about a quagmire there. They have been staking out new positions on the war that has grown increasingly unpopular with the American public, resulted in more than 2,000 U.S. military deaths and cost more than $200 billion.

The House move comes just days after the GOP-controlled Senate defeated a Democratic push for Bush to lay out a timetable for withdrawal. Spotlighting mushrooming questions from both parties about the war, though, the chamber then approved a statement that 2006 should be a significant year in which conditions are created for the phased withdrawal of U.S. forces.

"Our troops have become the primary target of the insurgency," Murtha, a longtime hawk on foreign and military affairs issues, said Thursday. "They are united against U.S. forces and we have become a catalyst for violence. The war in Iraq is not going as advertised. It is a flawed policy wrapped in illusion."

A day after his comments, a U.S. field commander in Iraq countered the position of the usually pro-military congressman.

"Here on the ground, our job is not done," said Col. James Brown, commander of the 56th Brigade Combat Team, when asked about Murtha's comments during a weekly briefing that American field commanders routinely give to Pentagon reporters.

Speaking from a U.S. logistics base at Balad, north of Baghdad, two days before his scheduled return to Texas, Brown said: "We have to finish the job that we began here. It's important for the security of this nation."

Republicans pounced, chastising Murtha for advocating what they called a strategy of surrender and abandonment, and Democrats defended Murtha as a patriot, even as they declined to back his view.

"I won't stand for the swift-boating of Jack Murtha," Sen. John Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee in 2004, responded Friday. Also a Vietnam veteran, Kerry was dogged during the campaign by a group called the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth that challenged his war record.

"There is no sterner stuff than the backbone and courage that defines Jack Murtha's character and conscience," Kerry said.

For his part, Kerry has proposed a phased exit from Iraq, starting with the withdrawal of 20,000 troops after December elections in Iraq. A Kerry spokesman said "he has his own plan" when asked if Kerry agreed with immediate withdrawal.

As a Vietnam veteran and top Democrat on the House Appropriations defense subcommittee with close ties to many military officers, Murtha carries more credibility with his colleagues on the issue than a number of other Democrats who have opposed the war from the start.

Bush administration officials have been cautious in responding to Murtha.

"We have nothing but respect for Congressman Murtha's service to his country," White House communications director Nicolle Wallace told NBC's "Today" show Friday. "And I think he spoke from the heart yesterday. We happen to have a real serious policy disagreement with him."

Rep. Sam Johnson, R-Texas, a 29-year Air Force veteran who was a prisoner of war in Vietnam for nearly seven years, called Murtha's position unconscionable and irresponsible. "We've got to support our troops to the hilt and see this mission through," he said.

With a Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts, Murtha retired from the Marine Corps reserves as a colonel in 1990 after 37 years as a Marine, only a few years longer than he's been in Congress. Elected in 1974, Murtha has become known as an authority on national security whose advice was sought out by Republican and Democratic administrations alike.

Link
Drudge Report Headlines

I'm confused... whos a traitor and why? Are we traitors for not wanting to dick around in a foreign country for oil at the expense of our nation's youth?

If we pull out now it would be beyond horrible. We should have never gone int he first place but to pull out early will leave us open to a whole bunch of shit

Peessh. It's a non-binding piece of political hackery. Futhermore the GOP proposal calls for immediate withdrawl.

Murtha did not.

so its American too blindly follow the president, gee I dont think you were like this during the clinton admin. Also blindly followin a government seems less American and more Comunist Russia or China. But thats just me I believe in free speech.

Hey better watch it, he's going to call you out for not putting a G after following!

By the way, the democrats voted against it, it was a pure political stunt by the republican party, CUT N' RUN, CUT N' RUN....

we already know where you stand, mouthpiece.

The problem was it was such a ridiculous piece of legislation that any thinking person could see right through it. Another GOP failure in Congress.

I mean immediate withdraw? Who is thinking that ? (save for the 3 Dems who voted for it).

If the Repubs had any guts, they could've pressed the Dems by offering up a 6-9 month withdraw plan...of course they were probably afraid something like that would actually pass.

Bottomline..when we have so many important things to look at...what a gawddam waste of time. PAD you must be so proud of your party.

[quote name='usickenme']Bottomline..when we have so many important things to look at...what a gawddam waste of time. PAD you must be so proud of your party.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually prouder of them than you must be when Harry Reid invoked Rule 21 and by pure political stunt put the Senate behind closed doors in regards about manipulated intelligence. Of course ignoring the facts that there have already been 3 investigations into the allegation including one by the Senate.

Maybe, just maybe, the kooks will STFU. Their party stuffed the anti-war crowd like a pair of tampons in a bloody vagania. I can just feel the left wing extremeist fringe seething over this vote.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I'm actually prouder of them than you must be when Harry Reid invoked Rule 21 and by pure political stunt put the Senate behind closed doors in regards about manipulated intelligence. Of course ignoring the facts that there have already been 3 investigations into the allegation including one by the Senate.

Maybe, just maybe, the kooks will STFU. Their party stuffed the anti-war crowd like a pair of tampons in a bloody vagania. I can just feel the left wing extremeist fringe seething over this vote.[/QUOTE]

PAD, you are the one who is ignoring facts. Phase II of the Senate investigation hasn't happened yet. That is why Reid pullled his stunt. Senate repubs are dragging their feet in order to protect Bush.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I'm actually prouder of them than you must be when Harry Reid invoked Rule 21 and by pure political stunt put the Senate behind closed doors in regards about manipulated intelligence. Of course ignoring the facts that there have already been 3 investigations into the allegation including one by the Senate.

Maybe, just maybe, the kooks will STFU. Their party stuffed the anti-war crowd like a pair of tampons in a bloody vagania. I can just feel the left wing extremeist fringe seething over this vote.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who sees humor in that a guy whose boardname is oft abreviated as PAD is diametrically opposed to people he refers to as tampons?

This is why political parties suck. They are so busy trying to oneup each other they have no fucking time to run the country

[quote name='ZarathosNY']PAD, you are the one who is ignoring facts. Phase II of the Senate investigation hasn't happened yet. That is why Reid pullled his stunt. Senate repubs are dragging their feet in order to protect Bush.[/QUOTE]

also the senate investigations specifically did not look at whether Bush mislead the public with Iraq intel.. Phase II was about that very question.

also From the Silberman-Robb Commission report overview...

Second, we were not authorized to investigate how policymakers used the intelligence assessments they received from the Intelligence Community. Accordingly, while we interviewed a host of current and former policymakers during the course of our investigation, the purpose of those interviews was to learn about how the Intelligence Community reached and communicated its judgments about Iraq's weapons programs--not to review how policymakers subsequently used that information

[quote name='jlarlee']This is why political parties suck. They are so busy trying to oneup each other they have no fucking time to run the country.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jlarlee']If we pull out now it would be beyond horrible. We should have never gone int he first place but to pull out early will leave us open to a whole bunch of shit[/QUOTE]

Get out of my brain.

Judging by the quality of this resolution I fully expect the GOP this to be the next one..

HR-1122

"What? Do you want Saddam back?"

bread's done
Back