OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

man ... thanks to the lists here i made a giant killing...
gitaroo man
disgaea (about 12 copies left)
ape escape 2
metropolismania
resident evil dead aim
street fighter ex3
megaman x7
f-zero
lunar legend
mario party 4
the sims
swat
viewtiful joe
skies of arcadia

this was weird..because the workers actually knew about the sale...but they had a cheapassgamer list as a guide! one of them was even saving games for her brother...i dont know, but i thought it was customers first! ps.. this was in midland,TX

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I went to the CC in Roanoke, VA .

I was lucky I went early because the employees were grabbing games for themselves big time. Some guy got 20 by himself. I thought I over heard them asking if they should sell them at the price so I discreetly took my games and paid in a different section. I drove an hour to get there and I wasn't going to be denied.

I got...

Dragon Warrior VII - PS1
Ape Escape 2 - PS2 (I believe I got the last copy of this)
Bloody Roar 4 - PS2
Chaos Legion - PS2
ESPN NHL Hockey - Xbox
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - Gamecube

I would have bought more but I really need to watch my finances.

They DID NOT have any of these so if you are heading there for these don't bother...

Rez
Tactics Ogre
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
P.N. 03 (I was looking hard for this one)
Viewtiful Joe
Disgaea

Like I said, the employees were getting alot for themselves so I don't know what else may be left. I left 3 hours ago.
I was amazed at how clueless they were as to the discounts. They sounded totally shocked at first.[/quote]

Heh well I think I was the guy you noticed there before you I think I saw you as well, I broke the news to the clerks and they were stoked and even helped me price check to find even more discounted ones. They were wondering where I heard so I found a list on the internet and they printed it off and like 20 employees come over and were raiding the games heh. Also the manager was happy that all the games were being sold so overall the employees at Roanoke, VA were great and even told me to come back and let them know about any new deals as well :lol:

I ended up with 38 games

Here's what I got.

Roadkill (PS2)
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown (PS2)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (Xbox)
Aliens vs. Predator: Extinction (Xbox)
Chaos Legion (PS2)
Blood Omen 2 (PS2)
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (PS2)

If anybody has an extra Disgaea lying around from this deal, i'll buy it for $10. PM me if you'd like to sell

i went to the cc out in tacoma, wa and they didnt have anything for xbox. it was the closest cc to me and was like a 40 min drive so i got punk'd. my best buy didnt have $5 games during that last sale so i guess i just live in a crappy area.

I'm from Toledo

The Airport Highway Circuit City, didn't have any of the games I wanted.
The Monroe St. Circuit City, wouldn't even tell me if they had any of the games I wanted.

They did have ONE Disaster Report, but they wouldn't sell me anything, because it was the list was leaked out by accident.

Load of BS, if you ask me. They better get more games in on next week, and keep the prices.

[quote name='Zingela']Add Onimusha: Warlords for PS2 (GH if it matters), and gitaroo man. Can't believe I even found Gitaroo, and it was marked to $5 on top of that! Sweet game. :)[/quote]

I HATE you! :x ;-P However I strangely LOVE your sig. :wink:

But seriously I'm jealous. I've wanted "Guitarooman" because I KNEW it would be part of this sale and no one has really found any. Wait, did your CC have extra copies? crosses fingers.

[quote name='muncle']man ... thanks to the lists here i made a giant killing...
gitaroo man
[/quote]

Ahhh, Gitaroo Man... good f-ing find. I found the very last gitaroo man a few months back at CC when it was 19.99. Searched forever to find one.

[quote name='gamefreak117']yeah, there were employees clearing them out into bins. My Circuit City had like 2 employees cleared out like ¼ of the shelves. They were all stacked up together at the counter. Also there were few customers digging through the shelves. Crazy stuff.. :?[/quote]
same here........just got back.......went last night and the list on here was small w/ hardly any GC titles..........now i go and get more........and i see all these xbox titles added.......DAMNIT
......the sad thing is i live in TX an i saw most of those games there last night so i knew exactly where to look (NONE IN BINS HERE)......and they were all still there today....but 1 other guy was there and came over and started talking SO LOUD about it........they then said the games were NOT on sale until 7/11...........i commented that i just bought 10 games yesterday.....then he said "yeah i meant that some wont ring up right, cause its not official yet"..............whatever..........then the bastard tells another guy to help him clear the shelves.......but the asked that other guy i mentioned for the list that i let him use...........and used that to find all the games that were cheap.............cant believe that dip gave them the list!!!
well at least i know i can go back on the morning of the 11th and have a small chance to get whatever the employess didnt buy for them and thier friends!! i should call up there and tell the mngr. i heard them saying they were going to take them off shelves so they could get the good games................hell ive already spent 120 bucks.........but i sold some of em to the store down the road for like 8 buck so i could get of a little cheaper...........man some pople are PUNKS...........this is the first time ive EVER gotten a game this cheap ( i usually buy used and wait till they are 9.99)........and i still didnt get to get some of the ones i really wanted...........but today i had to just grab quickly so i at least got SOME before they cleared the shelves.............BASTARDS (did i say that already?).........

[quote name='muncle']man ... thanks to the lists here i made a giant killing...
gitaroo man
ape escape 2
metropolismania
resident evil dead aim
street fighter ex3
megaman x7
f-zero
lunar legend
mario party 4
the sims
swat
viewtiful joe
skies of arcadia

this was weird..because the workers actually knew about the sale...but they had a cheapassgamer list as a guide! one of them was even saving games for her brother...i dont know, but i thought it was customers first! ps.. this was in midland,TX[/quote]

I don't know which to find more surprising, that they had 12 copies of Disgaea in the first place, that they had 12 copies left, or that they still had Gitaroo-man!

[quote name='ryan838']i went to the cc out in tacoma, wa and they didnt have anything for xbox. it was the closest cc to me and was like a 40 min drive so i got punk'd. my best buy didnt have $5 games during that last sale so i guess i just live in a crappy area.[/quote]

Actually, it sounds like you live 40 minutes from a crappy area.

The people who were working the registers at my store were very very friendly and helpful, the manager asked if I had found everything I was looking for and smiled, told me to let her know if I needed anything scanned. It was nice, especially when the people behind me were watching when they heard the price ring up and they heard $45 total, jaws from a few people dropped and I was asked promptly about it. I told them it was a "secret sale" and they would have to go online to find out about it.

"Actually went back, thanks to whoever mentioned Moto GP2 Xbox before, grabbed the last copy I remembered was there and which the "list-holders" overlooked with their outdated early printouts...heh. "

Damn thats what I wanted to get but my cc didnt have it. I even went and looked at a couple other stores like compusa, toysrus and best buy and none of those places carry it. You lucky bastard.

[quote name='Requiem']Waverace $4.99 too? Doh!

I wont be making my way to any CC today so looks like I lost out on that deal.[/quote]

A couple of people seem shocked by Waverace, but shouldn't be. Sure, $5 is a great price, and it is worth the pickup (I honestly prefered the N64 version, though), but it has been $10 since December. What is so shocking about a $5 price drop?

I haven't seen this earlier but Gladius for the Xbox is also $4.99. I hit three CCs in Manhattan and picked up:

XBOX:
Syberia
Buffy Chaos Bleeds x2
Roadkill
Dino Crisis 3
Aliens vs Predator Extinction
Spy Hunter
Gladius
Pro Race Driver

It always helps to take older games up for scanning. The guy I was with rang up Rayman 3 for the PS2 and it was $4.99, even though it wasn't on the list.

Jeremy

Hey muncle if you get a chance to pick up extra disgaea I would love maybe 2 or 3 for me and my friends. Anyway I'd pay you for them and shipping even some extra for your troubles.

If not don't worry just PM me if you are able to

If anyone knows when this sale will end please post ASAP. I won't be able to make it before 7 tonite but I will surely try to get there tomorrow if this is still going on.

Haha! This sucks, I'm in Spain for another 3 weeks and won't see a lick of any of these cheapass games! Pick them up when you can I guess. Oh well, I'll trade off nude beaches for a 5 dollar game any day. Viva Espana!

[quote name='suko_32']Sorry for asking again but when does circuit city close today?[/quote]

I believe most close at 7 PM on Sunday. If you want to know about a specific location, check the CC website.

[quote name='suko_32']I'm just curious, when some of you guys trade in these games like the CC o nes, do you trade them in unopened or what?[/quote]

this was from the bestbuy sale a while back but......
Gamestop HAD A FIT........wouldnt even let me look around while they held the games behind the counter (after saying they would not, even if i opened them, buy the games) w/ the receipt an in a bag!.........so i cussed them and left (and it was i guy that was always coll to me and i explained to him that i got em for 5 bucks etc etc).
so.......i went to hastings and they could care less.........i even went back to buy games later and looked to see if they sold them as new or used and if they decided to open them if used , etc. (and i was PISSED when i forgot to open up the 3 lost kingdoms 2 to get the mem. cards out.)........anyway........they DID sell them used and still had all of them and kept them in the new package!!

[quote name='thegamer4787']Returned from the Orland Park, IL circuit city with:
ESPN hockey
Roadkill
Rayman 3
State of Emergency
Great $4.99 deals[/quote]

That's it! thegamer4787...I couldn't remember your name! I found Panzer Dragoon Orta - if you are still looking let me know.

Woo, I arrived just after 2 guys had a stack of 26 games or so, but I still got some good deals that they didn't know about. One I was done, clerk lady was so amazed and wanted copy of list, so I gave her one =p I must say, it was pretty fun, as the few people there were helpin each other, sharing lists, etc. Was kinda interesting, going "here for 5 buck games?" "yeah" "where'd ya hear?" And hearing all the places it was posted.

Got:
PS2
Dynasty Warriors 4
Bloody Roar 4
Mega Man X7

GBA
Boktai
Shining Soul

PS1
Dragon Warrior VII

Oh, and THANKS OP!!

Hey I was looking for Panzer Dragoon Orta from CC and didn't get to get one, so if he doesn't need it let me know Thanks a million

[quote name='CharAznable']
They did have ONE Disaster Report, but they wouldn't sell me anything, because it was the list was leaked out by accident.
[/quote]
That makes no sense. They are in the computer as 4.99. The list leaking has nothing to do with it. How would they know who is a CAGer and who is just a lucky everyday customer who happened to pick up a 4.99 game?

Add Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 for Xbox to the list, just got mine for 4.99

There was some kind of pricing error with it, make sure they look it up in the computer and scan the barcode, the cashier had to call over the guy from the games dept to actually show her where the computer listed it as 4.99. This particular one is very YMMV, it seems, depending on the employees.

Today I got:

Spy Hunter 2 (xbox)
Dino Crisis 3 (xbox)
Stake (xbox)
Road Kill (xbox)
Run Like Hell (xbox)
Lunar (GBA)
Max Payne (GBA)
Top Gun (GCN)
Extermination (PS2)
Deus Ex (PS2)

I also met a friend of the person who posted the "$1500" stack of games. She was shopping for him and that picture is legit.

PS: Lakewood and Norwalk locations in California dont have many games left.

I just traded in Dino crisis and Alien vs predator to walmart for a gift card valued at $75!!!!!! Paid 10 dollars for the 2 games and got back 75....cool huh?

[quote name='JamisonBWolsh']I just traded in Dino crisis and Alien vs predator to walmart for a gift card valued at $75!!!!!! Paid 10 dollars for the 2 games and got back 75....cool huh?[/quote]

cool until you're caught...those cement block walls are cool too...

The first CC I went to caught on after I bought four games and refused to sell us (my friends and I) anymore. So while the clerk was tlaking to a higher u on the phone, my friend and I Solid Snaked down the isle and grabbed some random 5 dollar games and took off. I also met up with a fellow ccheapass who was trying to buy somewhere in the neighborhood of 55 games, but they told him he could only get one copy of each. I nabbed some of his leftovers. Here's what I got at 4.99:

RE Code Veronica X: GCN

Breath of Fire 2-GBA

Bouncer-PS2
Dead Aim, Re-PS2
Oakge-Ps2
Bloody Roar 4 -Ps2
Megaman NT- GCN
Legia2-Ps2
Chaos Legion-Ps2
Mario Party 4- NGC
Phantasy Star Online Ep I&II- NGC

Of the two I went to, most were picked clean, and I had limited funds.Overall though, not a bad haul.

There is nothing illegal about it. I NEVER told them I bought the games there. I mearly asked If i can return them unopened to them for a store credit. They said yes.
I never gave them false pretense. Nothing Illegal about it. Robin Hood did not scan in their computers so they did not refund that one. They did refund the other 2 though. This is perfectly LEGAL! I did not force them to buy it from me.

Altoona, PA CC is affected by the price glitch, however, management has put a pull on the games that are affected. I managed to get 8 games that weren't pulled as of yet, all ringing up at 5 dollars a pop. I was ready to buy the games at the front register, with a clerk who was really nice about it-- Until a manager ran from the back to let me know that I wouldn't be exploiting the price glitch.

She said I could abide by the sticker price, or leave. I left.

Its the 4th, time to put a couple half sticks in a tree and blow some shit up, I'm pissed.

[quote name='crunchy']If anyone knows when this sale will end please post ASAP. I won't be able to make it before 7 tonite but I will surely try to get there tomorrow if this is still going on.[/quote]
I think someone said they are permanent markdowns.

Great to know they are honoring the price reduction policy. Thats awesome!! Especially if this is an early sale/goof up!!

[quote name='"seebelow"']I just got $11 back since I bought Pikmin (non PC) for $15 a couple of weeks ago. God bless Circuit City... :)[/quote]

damn didn't know pikmin was on list. Must've been added before I left. I saw one at one of the stores today. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back