OLD - CC $4.99 Game List (post all CC deals here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got back from my local CC in Canton, OH. Here, at least, they had just put games into a bin and they're all $4.99.
I picked up(all PS2):
BOF:DQ
PaRappa the Rapper 2
Roadkill
Rygar
WRC World Rally Championship
ESPN NHL Hockey

I also saw:
PS2
Bloodrayne
Smash Court Tennis: Pro Tournament
Onimusha 2
DMC 2
Secret Weapons over Normandy
Simpsons: Skateboarding
GGX
GGX2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RRV
SF EX3
Gungrave
RE Dead Aim
Freaky Flyers
Vexx
Haunted Mansion
Clock Tower 3
Defender
Dino Stalker
Disaster Report
Driving Emotion Type-S
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Freestyle Metal X
Ape Escape 2
Armored Core 2
Black & Bruised
Bloody Roar 4
Britney's Dance Beat
Jungle Book: Rythm n' Blues
Legends of Wrestling 2
MIB 2: Alien Escape
Metropolismania
Minority Report
MSG: Encounters in Space
Mystic Heroes
Okage:Shadow King
Pryzm Chapter One
Wheel of Fortune
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Robotech: Battlecry
Speed Kings
Spy Hunter 2
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Wipeout Fusion
X Squad
ZOE: 2nd Runner

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Aggressive Inline
Crazy Taxi 3
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NHL 2K3

GBA
Fire Pro Wrestling
MK (i think it was advance)
Stuntman

GC
Zoocube
F1 2001

There were a few sports games for each system, but I couldn't remember the years. I wasn't exactly looking for Xbox or GC, but those are what I remember. I'll add more if I think of them. This a great deal, check your CC, I'm not sure if this is nationwide, but I hope so.

DaPhatty Edit - I've unstickied this thread since the list at the front of the page was outdated. The current list is posted here.

Please continue the discussions there.

i work for a circuit city they will be open from 10 to 7 on the fouth of july. a tip for you all, if your going to buy a few of the same title, do not get more then 5, that will be considered a bulk order and they will tell you they have to go through corporate. also double check the ads to make sure that if the games are advertised they do not limit quantities. if nothing is mentioned in the ad insist that you are buying some for xmas or some idea like that as tehy are weary of retailers. personally i dont give a rats ass because they are clearance and getting them off the shelves and room for newer titles is fine by me. its nice and all to grab as many as you can but remember your fellow compatriots in the CAG scene. dont bogart all the games.

pigs get fat but hogs get slaughtered.

where have you pimped your hoes today? www.pimpwar.com

SUCK.

It's almost 2 a.m. and I JUST found out about this...*sigh*

I'll be making a run to Circuit City tomorrow morning, expecting everything to be sold out. If I could just harvest one or two games from this deal I'd be happy.

i work for a circuit city they will be open from 10 to 7 on the fouth of july. a tip for you all, if your going to buy a few of the same title, do not get more then 5, that will be considered a bulk order and they will tell you they have to go through corporate. also double check the ads to make sure that if the games are advertised they do not limit quantities. if nothing is mentioned in the ad insist that you are buying some for xmas or some idea like that as tehy are weary of retailers. personally i dont give a rats ass because they are clearance and getting them off the shelves and room for newer titles is fine by me. its nice and all to grab as many as you can but remember your fellow compatriots in the CAG scene. dont bogart all the games.

pigs get fat but hogs get slaughtered.

where have you pimped your hoes today? www.pimpwar.com

[quote name='Zingela']

[quote name='RavenHawk']Hey Zingela, what were you looking for?[/quote]
Evil Dead: Fistfull of Boomstick (XBox)
Max Payne GBA
Maximo (PS2)
Toe Jam & Earl 3 (Xbox)

Those are the ones I tried to buy earlier tonight.

Was also trying to find some games for my boyfriend , but with no luck finding them:
ESPN NHL 2k4
Capcom vs SNK 2
MGS: Substance
DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball (Don't ask! LOL)

And then Disgea, but that's a long shot Wasn't expecting to find that one at all.[/quote]

Let me know if you have any luck tomorrow....one of the stores I went to earlier today had a few you listed. MGS for which console?

Let me know if you have any luck tomorrow....one of the stores I went to earlier today had a few you listed. MGS for which console?
Yeah, will do. A bit hesitant to go again tomorrow, though, hoping I don't have to go through the same thing again.

As for MGS, either. Preferable X-Box, though, as I've only recently gotten mine and it's in dire need of games aside from Halo. ;P

Has anyone checked a price on I-Ninja? Just wondering.

[quote name='kaw']Does anyone know if their CC restocked Disgaea after Atlus re-released the game last month? I checked over a month ago, and I know my CC didn't have any then. I hope they got another shipment in.[/quote]I know they did. About two months ago I picked up the last cpy of Disgaea for $50. They had more there today for $5 so they must have received a new shipment between then.

what city are you going to. you can tell them that you were forced to ask your father or whoever to buy them out of another store in spartanburg south carolina.. tell them store 823 also tell them that some of the games ring up at 485 store cost. if they persist, ask them for the number of the " cool line" theyll prolly get pissed at you but its likea corporate grievence line. call it right away i forget the numer or id give it to you.

im not sure what you mean by pallets beacuse im coming into the convo late, butfor our super store all our software comes in by ups in boxes which we get very little of now to keep the demand up you will start seeing that more often less and less quantities. tehy do not want to go the way of blockbuster and ahve a millon titles lauing around

thanks for the tip, yeah I agree it isn't the employees jobs to limit that to what and price of it you can buy, but how quantity.

My Circuit City has a bad selection, and overstocks those games. :(

oh and yes, Disgaea is $5. My Circuit City never carries rare games, never seen Capcom fighting series, Disgaea, and some other Japanese like titles. You'd be pretty lucky to see one there. :?

that will all change. they are realizing they are losing money so they will vastly limit the intake of inventory. its what i call blockbuster syndrome... they gurantee to have it but then you wind up being a clearance mart for dvds

Chaoz, I sometimes re-sell games too to make a little money for my game purchases. Such as trying to find games people think are worth $5 but sell for $50. I'll admit, I sometimes buy 2 games when there's a really good deal and I can make a small profit. But buying 300 games? That's rediculous. Way to ruin the deal for everyone in San Diego.

my commetn about pigs getting fat is a karma based term. give a chance for some kid pedling his bike or waiting for him mom to drive him to get a game before someone goes out and grabs the last 12 copies of dark cloud 2 you can leave on or two behind is the message behind it. its about giving back to the game gods.

edit- pardon the typing its late

rare titles are hard to find since some of them at 29.99 are worth buying if you want for your collection,but ask the store to search other CC's
will save you hours of driving.

Indeed, but rare or not, I can't afford getting several games at $29.99 each right now. Was just hoping to score some $4.99 games for my collection, most of which on my list, I've been personally wanting to obtain along the way anyhow. :)

yeh they usualy do that, but for that other guy who couldnt get even one game even tho it rang up was pretty messed up. they had a digital camera that went onsale a 100 dollars cheaper and corporate refused the employyees to buy one even tho tehy had thousaands in stock all my wife wanted was a decent first time digi cam and i couldnt get it. dam the man.
best times to buy something are when you have a sales person in a white button down shirt. he or she is new and prolly dont really know enough to be weary

If anyone out there is going to be around tomorrow morning but not going to CC...keep an eye on the topic...I wanna see if all posting on it ceases for an hour or two when CC opens.

Just wanted to add to this whole topic. Alright, I'm the main video game guy at my store. I've heard about this clearance sale for about two weeks now. Like someone said earlier, it was a sale that was supposed to be on the 11th. Technically, it's not a "sale" just a huge markdown on games. I'm assuming they're getting rid of shelf space to make way for newer games and so on. Also, for those that remember, Best Buy did a sale just like this a few months ago, so I'm sure that has an effect as well. Just a little tip for those who are going to go buy these games.

First off, please dont make a fuss. Be calm, be cool, maybe make a list of games you want to get your hands on first then check around for other games. If you're cool and relax, you wont draw any attention. Problem is, some people want help from everyone about prices and whatnot. See if you start asking for people to help you, well you get them suprised about the price. Get someone who's a little cautious, they get a manager involved and well then you'll be restricted on this and that blah blah blah. As of right now, VERY few people know about this. In my store, I'm one of like three people that know. So just be a sneaky bandit, get in, get out and try to not draw so much attention.

Also, try not to be greedy. It's a little tough I know(believe me, I got my stuff planned out), but again, you draw too much attention. If a manager gets involved, they're going to restrict you and you ruin it for everyone else on this forum and the few other forums actually talking about this.

Of course you can ignore my advice, be a fussy bastard and may or may not get your way. Just remember, some people dont realize about the clearance(mainly because not many are as good at their job as I am ), so they'll definetly will not like the idea of $40 games going for $5. It's a big numbers thing, and some people will think they lose money, of course, again, they're not as good as their job as they should be (like me, i'm the best game expert out of all the circuit city's). I've already checked, us employees get a discount on the games(4.85 for us). So no store is losing money but they think they are because of the reasons I've stated before. So have fun, enjoy your games or not and just sell them like I'm planning.

Also, if I come off a little "cocky", dont pay much attention. I know seeing a guy talk a lot of crap with a brand new account may be annoying, but I've been around the site for somet time, never registered and I felt that right now, I can provide some good input.

Why did you delete all your posts about buying $1500 worth of games and suddenly offer us a g-mail acc? o_O

Has anyone gone to the CC in Calumet City, IL? I hope not, my friend and I are going tomorrow at 11 am. I just found out about this deal 2 hours ago.

Hmm... I spent $250 on $5 games, and I will admit that I cleared out all 2 copies of Viewtiful Joe in stock... however, I also shared my list with all the other folks browsing the games.

We had 5 guys scanning shelves at one point. I may have grabbed several goodies, but I kept the $5 games flowing for others. Heh.

Er, anyone want a copy of the PS2 Haunted Mansion?

Please add Alien Versus Predator: Extinction for PS2 to the list.

Anyone in the Central Coast of California there are no more Disgaea at either stores.

Can anyone pick up Marvel vs Capcom 2 PS2 for me I have Paypal and will give a handling fee.

AvPE.jpg

hey,if any one can find these i can send them a paypal payment right away,since there isnt a damn CC with in a hundred miles. Id really appreciate if you could help me out and i can add a little something in for the trouble

Ikaruga
Mario Party 4
Medal of Honor Frontline
Megaman Network Transmission
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
P.N.03
X-Men Next Dimension
PS2
Ape Escape 2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Chaos Legion
Dark Cloud 2
Fairly Odd Parents Breakin Da Rules
R.A.D.
RE: Dead Aim
War of the Monsters
Wild Arms 3

XBox
Aliens vs Predator
Futurama
Kung Fu Chaos
Toejam and Earl 3

Go to Ebay and just see how many Disgaeas are suddenly up for sale.

The people who cleared the racks on this deal disgust me. Thanks to them, there will probably be nothing left for me in the morning.

........ angry :evil: :evil: :evil:

[quote name='Ledhed']Go to Ebay and just see how many Disgaeas are suddenly up for sale.

The people who cleared the racks on this deal disgust me. Thanks to them, there will probably be nothing left for me in the morning.

........ angry :evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]

hopefully they will saturate the market. THey should have waited a month then put them up.

Anyways, I am not expecting much to be left tomorrow morning but you never know.

MasterChiefMario, good luck in Cal City. I myself will be hitting up Ford City in Chicago, as well as Riverside and Countryside---this one in particular is always empty from my experience.

I see sword of mana on the list, can someone confirm this? I swear I checked it and it came up full price for me.

EDIT: I'm also about 90% sure breath of fire III never came out for GBA so that may be a typo.

Well I posted on teh official thread about some tips so I wont post it here. But just a little heads up. It's very very very unlikesly you'll find a few titles. Just to name a few:

Rez (of course)
Disgaea (none of the stores got many copies early on, and we received only a few extra copies of the title)
GGX/X2 (not many were given to the stores, still maybe one or two around, MAYBE)
Ape Escape 2 (same as above)
MvC/2 (again, like above)
Zoe 2 (we had a sale a few months back that made this game 7.99, so dont expect to find many of these)
Viewtiful Joe (this can be a 50/50, some stores have several copies that have never been touched while others havent seen a copy since they sold out months ago)
Suikoden 3 (very hard to find at any store)
DDR (maybe one out ten stores still have this one in stock)
DOA Volleyball(these we havent gotten at my store for about four months so unless a store didnt sell those initial copies, dont expect this one)
Ikagura (very few copies were given to the stores. I think my store had at most, three copies at one time and thats when the game first came out)

So if you're expecting to find like 20 of these games out on the floor waiting for you, forget that dream right now. You'd be lucky to find one of these titles at your store, let alone multiple copies(unless of course your store is a very dead circuit city).

Also, for the love of god, do not ask "DO you have any in the back?" Everything is out and that's all there is.

Thanks for the tips, I have a list of like 10 games, and do not plan on being an *** like the guy in San Diego (that's just wrong). I only plan on finding like 2. I say goodluck to everyone tomorrow, July 4th is usually a dead time for retail stores (Target anyway), and do other CAGers a favor and don't be greedy. I gotta wake up in five hours for this thing, goodnight!

So what is the most up-to-date list of the games that are a part of this deal? I'm way too lazy to go searching through the 30 pages of this thread.

Even though everything is going to be sold out by tomorrow.

The list on the "official" thread is pretty accurate. There are some titles that I know of that are still not on that list. The official list form our corporate headquarters wont be released until July 6th. The big list(the one from ign.com) I'm sure was done by a guy who when through the entire game section checking each one of them.

[quote name='jimbodan'] I'm also about 90% sure breath of fire III never came out for GBA so that may be a typo.[/quote]

You're right, only 1 and 2 released on GBA, never 3.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']picked up the following from 2 trips at Sacramento CC's

Megaman X7
Dark Cloud 2
Legai 2
Blackstone
Dino Crisis 3
Dino Stalker

btw there were other cheapssgamers the same time I went they had a whole list in their mid 20, early 30 ish this guy bought around 30 games. :lol: This one was nice enough to let 2 other guys check out the list.[/quote]

I'm in Sac too, I ran into a fellow CAGer, Coolcps, at the one on arden. I hit up the ones on florin, arden, and roseville. Most didn't have anything good. About the best I did was Panzer Dragoon and Mario Party 4. Lunar Legend and Jet Grind weren't bad either. All at the Florin store. The Roseville one was too new to have much, so don't waste your time. About all they had was Disney Party and Megaman Network Transmission. I didn't get a chance to hit the Citrus Heights store, I may go back to the one on Arden for a few games for my cousin tomorrow.

It's probably BOF II then, that one was clearanced last time.
And I'm betting the Castlevania for PS2 is $4.99 as well. Someone mentioned a Castlevania last night in the other thread, it was also marked down to $15 online, so it makes since that it's a clearance title too. I'm going to try it today myself.

I tried Midtown Madness 3 last night, no go, it was still $20 But I found several copied each of some, and saw lots of others mentioned in these lists all mixed in on the shelves.

I picked up ToeJam & Earl III
Burnout 2
AvsP
Mario Party 4
& Bloody Roar 4

Last night for $26 & change, :)

Man I love clearance events :D

what about platnium hits? are any of the discount lines, PH, PC, GH, on sale too, i haven't seen any is is no one checking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back